Blood Aboard the "Yacht"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
> When Blodgett arrived, he noticed a few drops of blood on the boat and asked Millard about it.

Millard said his girlfriend was menstruating and the toilet was broken, which made sense to Blodgett.

"We're talking about drops of blood," Blodgett said. "It seemed completely reasonable."

So the little drops of blood were either on or near the toilet. Sounds pretty menstrual to me. Perhaps thats why the girl was taken back to the dock as she was feeling unwell due to menstruation and seasickness combined. makes sense.

Copied from the article itself, Mr Blodgett did not say "we're talking about drops of blood", nor did he say it was near the toilet.

When Mr. Blodgett came aboard to fix the problem, he noted a quantity of blood around the boat, which he questioned. Receiving a satisfactory answer, Mr. Blodgett fixed the problem and departed back for Little Current. During his visit, the woman was not in sight. Thinking about the encounter now, Mr. Blodgett said it was “troubling.” While tales of the encounter have grown and morphed into tales of a blood soaked boat and a missing woman, the proprietor said this is not the case, nor can he claim that the second woman on the boat did not return with Mr. Millard, as he did not see his client depart from the boat upon its return to Little Current.

Actually I did take it from an article...the one that was posted earlier...

Just as a general FYI for the men-folk here, trust us women when we say NO, this just doesn't happen. Can it happen? Sure, but that's why bath tissue was invented. Even if it DID happen, she (unless she was incapacitated somehow) would have cleaned it up before she ever left the washroom and DM would have never seen it.

The only way it seems reasonable to me is IF she were wasted on drugs, booze, or some other cause to make her unaware of it.

Yes, that makes sense...said no woman Ever!
:floorlaugh:
Depending on the MSM story you refer to, there was either a little blood or a lot in either the bathroom or in multiple locations on the boat. Regardless, I
don't know a single woman who a) wouldn't know she was bleeding so much that she'd left a mess and b) that wouldn't quickly clean up said mess if she'd actually left it.
I also don't know any man who could a) deal with the fact that menstral blood was slattered in his living space or b) clean up said splatter or c) calmly explain to the owner of the boat that said blood spatter was of the menstrual kind.
In addition, think about the female guest. Was she fully dressed? Naked? Awake? Incapacitated? A slob? What?
IMO, this excuse just doesn't float.
MOO

It 'floats' for me.... women often have severe menstrual bleeds. These can and do lead to drops of blood especially upon standing from a toilet. If the girl was feeling unwell I doubt she thought to clean the bloodspots or maybe didnt even notice. DM would also probably not have thought to clean it as he was more interested in fixing the toilet. He obviously was not concerned about it and therefore that to me IMO indicates it was not something sinister. JMO/MOO

Just as a general FYI for the men-folk here, trust us women when we say NO, this just doesn't happen. Can it happen? Sure, but that's why bath tissue was invented. Even if it DID happen, she (unless she was incapacitated somehow) would have cleaned it up before she ever left the washroom and DM would have never seen it.

The only way it seems reasonable to me is IF she were wasted on drugs, booze, or some other cause to make her unaware of it.

Actually, anything can happen. I am married and have 3 daughters. I KNOW accidents can happen, things can get missed and YES, I HAVE cleaned it up. You gals saying it's impossible can abandon that concept right now.

"Millard took two separate trips with two different women during the rental; on the second trip, Blodgett received a call from Millard saying there was a problem with the boat's engine and 'head' (toilet). "

Does anyone else find it strange that he would take 2 women out on the boat separately in an 8 day time span? Wonder where he dropped off the first woman? I cant imagine he would take her all the way back to Toronto, then immediately head back up to Manitoulin Island with another girlfriend? Bizarre? Sounds Fishy? I really hope it was all legit here, I really don't want to hear of another victim.

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you on this matter.... I know this is only your opinion but it actually does happen quite a lot... I have seen such things many times in my profession..... so while it is my opinion it is also a factual circumstance.

Speaking as a girl, I wouldn't be walking around letting my period blood drip all over the place. If for some reason it did happen, I would be very embarrasaed and I would clean it up immediately. Just my opinion though.
This is my first post so forgive me if the link doesn't work, I'm still figuring it all out :)
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/324...cht-owner-blood-on-rented-boat-was-menstrual/

I have to whole heartily agree , would you not think that any female would know enough to use a sanitary aid of some sort. A female that would have been involved with DM would be of the age to be well aware when she would need such aids

In the interest of explaining the practicality of dealing with hygiene issues on small sailboats, If anybody's interested I posted some info about heads (toilets) on the dedicated bloody sailboat thread.

In the interest of explaining the practicality of dealing with hygiene issues on small sailboats, If anybody's interested I posted some info about heads (toilets) on the dedicated bloody sailboat thread.

Yeah, it's like trying to do your business on a postage stamp. Good luck with that.

Unfortunately, I cannot defend the tidiness of my gender due to too many experiences in the ladies' room at work. :( Even that said, my first thought was maybe she was drunk.

it can happen... i won't elaborate lol.

cleaned up asap btw.

( this message brought to you by super duper tampax :shocked2:)

Maybe she was a hockey goalie. You know they only have two pads for three periods. :truce:

Best,
J.

Having been to Manitoulin in the past two years, I can't say that I would think that the OPP detachment there is, well, ummm, very used to dealing with the likes of DM....you have to DIG and see past the charm and smile and all...

Manitoulin's finest see it all too. Don't let the tranquility of the place delude you. :)

But yes, I too would like to hear that the women were interviewed. Of course, they may well have been contacted by LE. I expect that the yachting company required a passenger manifest and would have those records still on hand.

"Millard took two separate trips with two different women during the rental; on the second trip, Blodgett received a call from Millard saying there was a problem with the boat's engine and 'head' (toilet). "

Does anyone else find it strange that he would take 2 women out on the boat separately in an 8 day time span? Wonder where he dropped off the first woman? I cant imagine he would take her all the way back to Toronto, then immediately head back up to Manitoulin Island with another girlfriend? Bizarre? Sounds Fishy? I really hope it was all legit here, I really don't want to hear of another victim.

There's an airstrip nearby, so he could charter a flight to TO and back. It's only an hour by air.

I agree she was probably drunk or high?

If the blood was indeed from a victim, you'd think DM would have made sure it was all cleaned up before the tech arrived?

Oh, well. Go home folks. Nothing to see here.

@CTVNorthernNews
Manitoulin OPP says concerns by a local yacht owner about blood on a boat he rented to accused killer Dellen Millard in 2011, are unfounded.

https://twitter.com/CTVNorthernNews/status/340231232535285761

Is this a reputable source (CTVNorthernNews)? Any of the articles I have read do not say anything close to this. I wish all these reporters would have a concensus of their materials before posting. It drives me crazy. :maddening:

this yacht guys story doesnt jive, one minute its blood around the boat, next its around toilet..first it was a large amount, then its droplets, says he was called for engine problems then in another article it was to fix toilet..I'm not sold..I think hes looking for some free PR. Now LE says its unfounded.

To be fair, this is a direct quote from Mr. Blodgett:

"When I arrived, I saw a large amount of blood around the boat," he said. "After questioning Millard about it, I was satisfied with his answer and confident nothing unreasonable had taken place on the yacht. You'll need to speak with OPP on how Millard answered that question."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3241951-millard-s-bloody-yacht-rental-probed-by-opp/

Funny, here's a direct quote from the same paper, newer version:

"We're talking about drops of blood," Blodgett said. "It seemed completely reasonable."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3249639-murder-suspect-dellen-millard-told-yacht-owner-blood-on-rented-boat-was-menstrual/

This story has changed from a "large amount" to "about a dozen" to "about 6 to 10 drops" in the course of a day.

Being the mother of a "20 something" son, you would be surprised at the "drops" that a 20 something girl leaves in various places. As for the guy's view of it, don't wait to be invited back.

Funny, here's a direct quote from the same paper, newer version:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...cht-owner-blood-on-rented-boat-was-menstrual/

This story has changed from a "large amount" to "about a dozen" to "about 6 to 10 drops" in the course of a day.

Being the mother of a "20 something" son, you would be surprised at the "drops" that a 20 something girl leaves in various places. As for the guy's view of it, don't wait to be invited back.
I posted all the articles in the Media thread earlier. Makes it hard to believe anything.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9517516&postcount=55"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MEDIA, DOCUMENTS, TIMELINE **NO Discussion**[/ame]

OPP report notwithstanding I gravely doubt this will limit some views that DM probably hacked his cruise guest into tiny little pieces and tried to flush her down the head, imo. I could very well be wrong about that, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214