Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goody said:
I agree. The intruder, as flimsy as that story is, is stronger than the hit man theory. Besides, what hit man would kill the kids first? That defies all logic.

That's yet another thing that makes no sense. Darlie wants everyone to believe she was the target of this attack, but we all know that whomever killed those kids knew the easiest way to kill them was to put the knife deep into their torsos. Why wouldn't the same method be used on the intended target? Why wouldn't this have been done while she lay there sleeping? There are too many of these simple questions that cannot be answered.

HeartofTexas said:
Technically, I would assume if the prosecution really thought Darin was heavily involved in the murder of the boys, they could probably try him for Devon's murder (please forgive me if I've gotten the boys' names reversed). However, my guess is the prosecution is quite comfortable that they got the worst culprit in the first trial. Yes, it's possible Darin did some of the cover-up of the crimes, but I don't think he did either of the murders. Thus, IMO, there's no reason for another trial because the real murderer is behind bars on Death Row. Proving Darin did much of anything would be a huge shouting match between "he said" and "she said". I doubt the truth would ever come out if it's left to the two of them. Another thing to consider is the huge cost of these trials. They cost millions. The taxpayers might not be interested in footing the bill just to prove Darin helped in a cover up. I'm assuming Darin lives in his own kind of hell every day. After all, he lost everything... his wife is on Death Row, his two older sons died, he lost his home and his business, and his third son, Drake, is being partially raised by Darin's parents. There isn't a whole lot left to take from Darin except his freedom... and the huge cost involved may not justify it in the Court's mind.
I don't think he lost his business, maybe some clients, but I don't know any details. Can't remember the name of the business but I think if you google you'll still find it on the internet.

justice2 said:
I don't think he lost his business, maybe some clients, but I don't know any details. Can't remember the name of the business but I think if you google you'll still find it on the internet.

His business was going under. Testnec was the name of it.

There's is no listing for Testnec in Texas.

I'm pretty sure the buisness went under.

In all the videos on jfd he says he is still in business, so 1998-2000? I checked on the Dallas appraisal district and there is a business that looks to be electronics listed at his old address but you can't tell who owns it. Mc Ada Electric. So who knows, might have changed name or might have sold it. Maybe that is why he had been so quiet lately.

justice2 said:
Darin managed to hold onto his business for awhile but ended up selling it and as I understand it that owner still runs it. I heard once what Darin is doing now but I have forgotten. For awhile they say he lived in a school bus while trying to get his business back up and running. I don't think it ever totally died, but he lost a lot of business because of the scandal. I imagine the buyer got it for a great price.

Ok, makes sense. Does anybody out there know what he's doing know. Is he in Lubbock or Dallas? He has been really quiet lately hasn't he.

justice2 said:
Ok, makes sense. Does anybody out there know what he's doing know. Is he in Lubbock or Dallas? He has been really quiet lately hasn't he.
O, yes. He has been quiet as a mouse for years now. Amazing, given his gift for gab. Last I heard he was back in Lubbock near his parents, but he and Drake live in their own place. Not a lot of information on him, I am afraid. I don't know if he even visits Darlie anymore. Never hear about stuff like that.

The writ recently filed by the Darlie Routier defense has information about bloodstains on the clothing of Darin Routier. It is information that I have not ever learned of.

I was thinking that he had blood spray on him from doing the mouth breathing for Devon. But the writ said that he had blood spatter like from a knife on his clothes and also contact blood. I do not know exactly what contact blood is or what it means and would be interested in learning other peoples opinions.

I have on a previous time learned that the police did not test the clothing of Darin. Does this mean that the defense attorneys do have the clothing and have had it tested? That is what it sounds like to me.

SnootyVixen said:
The writ recently filed by the Darlie Routier defense has information about bloodstains on the clothing of Darin Routier. It is information that I have not ever learned of. I was thinking that he had blood spray on him from doing the mouth breathing for Devon. But the writ said that he had blood spatter like from a knife on his clothes and also contact blood. I do not know exactly what contact blood is or what it means and would be interested in learning other peoples opinions
Blood which looks like it came from a knife is called cast-off. It comes from when a non-bleeding source(knife) hits a bleeding source(human). When the knife is pulled back up out of the body, the cast-off occurs. A problem with the theory that Devon's blood sprayed onto Darin's jeans while giving him CPR is that Darin never said it sprayed high enough to get onto his jeans. But, if he pulled a knife back up to about shoulder height, the blood easily could have landed on his jeans. I'm assuming it's the back of his jeans we're referring to.
I think contact is simply what it says, no patterns, just blood. As far as cast-off, one of my many theories is that at some point while Darlie was on the phone with 911, she notices Damon is not dead. Of course by that time, Darin is downstairs. IMO Darin struck the final blow to Damon. By the time they realized Damon was still alive, he was already too involved. :twocents: That accounts for Damon still being alive when the medics first arrived. This could also explain why Darin is so dedicated to Darlie, even though he knows she did it. How can he tell on her without implicating himself? As far as Darlie turning on Darin, she'd better be careful. There is nothing which implicates Darin besides some theories. But, if she pushes and has the courts look at Darin too hard, she's going down. Well, she's already down, but it won't do anything but hurt her. I've heard that Darin broke off contact with her defense team(but not her) once they started going after him. They need to drop the whole Darin angle. :twocents: It also needs to be remembered that Darlie cannot tell her team not to do these things because that will make her look guilty. How can she say, "no, dont' test this or that?" What excuse would she give if they asked her why she didn't want them to file this writ? And another thing, Darlie's blood was found under Damon's. This means Darlie was cut before Damon. Her story doesn't support that. Of course, her team just says that's a lie or that LE screwed up the tests :twocents:
I have on a previous time learned that the police did not test the clothing of Darin. Does this mean that the defense attorneys do have the clothing and have had it tested? That is what it sounds like to me.
I am not sure if they tested it for blood type or DNA. Perhaps a forensics scientist looked at them and thought it looked like that type of blood patterns? I do think LE never tested it for DNA. So it becomes important to the defense whose blood is on his jeans. I think it's Damon's and if it ends up being Damon's then Darin is up the creek. By his words, he never did anything for Damon, but check his breathing. The patterns are also important:twocents:

beesy said:
:twocents: It also needs to be remembered that Darlie cannot tell her team not to do these things because that will make her look guilty. How can she say, "no, dont' test this or that?" What excuse would she give if they asked her why she didn't want them to file this writ?
The defense attorneys would NEVER ask! They don't want to know.

beesy said:
[As far as cast-off, one of my many theories is that at some point while Darlie was on the phone with 911, she notices Damon is not dead. Of course by that time, Darin is downstairs. IMO Darin struck the final blow to Damon.

If this is the truth concerning what occured then the DNA tests should show that the blood is Damon's. Would you say that is correct?
There is nothing which implicates Darin besides some theories.

I believe that a reason that the first attorneys for Darlie thought to show involvement of Darin was the blood on his undergarments. Which he was supposed to not be wearing, is this what you have learned? Perhaps they have the undergarmet also and can do the tests on it.

But, if she pushes and has the courts look at Darin too hard, she's going down. Well, she's already down, but it won't do anything but hurt her. I've heard that Darin broke off contact with her defense team(but not her) once they started going after him. They need to drop the whole Darin angle.

What I think about that is that they are not going after Darin but are trying to show that there were things that the defense did not use to help her at her trial. To show that she did not have a very good defense.

:twocents: It also needs to be remembered that Darlie cannot tell her team not to do these things because that will make her look guilty. How can she say, "no, dont' test this or that?" What excuse would she give if they asked her why she didn't want them to file this writ?

An innocent woman also would not try to stop this.

And another thing, Darlie's blood was found under Damon's. This means Darlie was cut before Damon. Her story doesn't support that.

The story of the prosecution also do not support that.

Of course, her team just says that's a lie or that LE screwed up the tests :twocents: [/color][/b]
I am not sure if they tested it for blood type or DNA. Perhaps a forensics scientist looked at them and thought it looked like that type of blood patterns? I do think LE never tested it for DNA. As far as I'm concerned, whose blood is on his jeans doesn't matter. However, the patterns do mean something:twocents:

Yes I agree.

Linda7NJ said:
The defense attorneys would NEVER ask! They don't want to know.
Oh I know they wouldn't ask. I meant once they start telling Darlie we're going to do this and that, she cannot say, "I don't want you to do that". They don't ask, but they do tell. Not like in the military.

SnootyVixen said:
Yes, I agree
As far as I'm concerned, whose blood is on his jeans doesn't matter. However, the patterns do mean something

Oh, no, just as we agreed on something, I rethought my feelings about the importance of whose blood it is. Re-read the original post.

SnootyVixen said:
If this is the truth concerning what occured then the DNA tests should show that the blood is Damon's. Would you say that is correct?

Yes, I think the cast-off is Damon's blood.
I believe that a reason that the first attorneys for Darlie thought to show involvement of Darin was the blood on his undergarments. Which he was supposed to not be wearing, is this what you have learned? Perhaps they have the undergarmet also and can do the tests on it.

I have never heard anything about Darin wearing underwear. It's possibly something else her team has thrown out there to create some doubt. D&D disagree on what he was even wearing at all. I think its Darlie who says he was naked and Darin who says he had his jeans and glasses on. It might be the other way around, but I've never heard anyone say that he was wearing undergarments. Both say that at some point he pulled on his jeans, no mention of undies.

What I think about that is that they are not going after Darin but are trying to show that there were things that the defense did not use to help her at her trial. To show that she did not have a very good defense
I think she had a good defense. The man lost the case though. It's very likely that's what makes her think he sucked. It's a very common tactic in appeals.

An innocent woman also would not try to stop this

Correct, just as a guilty woman who claims innocence and wants to keep her fans, would not either.
The story of the prosecution also do not support that.

What do they say then? I thought they say that hers was under Damon's. Do they just not mention it at all? Ok, well even leaving that out, there is way too much other evidence against her. Also, if you read that the prosecution does not support that on a Darlie site, just remember those sites are slanted towards her. There have been flat-out lies on there, which are proven to be untrue and then disapear from the site.

:crazy:
Dani_T said:
Well Darin at various times has said he want to Damon to check on him... but I'm not sure what the last story was. So he might have to do a bit of digging to get himself out but since he was been so inconsistent on his movements I doubt it would hold much weight.

As for Darlie's blood- well I would probably except to find her blood on him since they were right next to each other for at least a aminute or two once the paramedics arrived. Any normal couple in that circumstance would be clinging to each other or you would think that when he finally can stop attending to his son/s he would want to take a look at his wife and see how badly she is injured...

Of course this depennds on Darin being one part of a 'normal couple' ;) And there isn't any testimony (that I can remember) about them touching one another, hugging, Darlie leaning on Darin etc

But as a general rule- I don't think finding Damon and Darlie's blood on the jeans would make an iota of difference unless it can be shown that either of their blood was cast-off. Actually no, Darlie's could be cast off because blood could have been flying off her as she was moving around- but there shouldn't be any cast off from Damon.

At the risk of being yelled at since everyone is a firm believer that Darlie killed the boys and caused harm to herself in hopes she would get away with it. Don't get me wrong, she has told many stories but ''''''''Let just suppose that Darlie was sound a sleep, she was woken up by the screams or being attacked, very dazed in shock, that most was a blur. Her mind could not or would not take it all in, maybe why the different versions of that night. But as time has passed and her mind is letting her see things she could not see on that fateful night and now she realizes dear hubby was the man she seen that night. When the one boy was still alive could really tell, he was silenced for good. In Darlie confusion and talking on the phone Darin could of silenced him with out darlie actually seeing it. Would it not be a real crime twister if it turned out dear hubby was the killer and he really was after darlie that night but forced to kill the boys because they woke up and would tell, but all went wrong boys died but Darlie still alive, oh my, oh well she goes to death row, so she is gone but oh gee if she ever remembers that night will she tell. Darin better stick by her and stay safe from Darlie as well as looking very innocent. If this was a real crime twister, he most likely will get away with it, but wait maybe there is more to tell in those jeans Darin had on, maybe they tell a much bigger story.;;;;Remeber Alfred Hichcock movies always thought you knew then suddenly there was the big twister.

Wow sure would turn this crime scene way around on websleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot