Bloodstains on Darin's jeans

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
michelle said:
I havent read all the posts but this case makes me ill, i cant believe what these poor babies went through, so was one of the boys still alive when she called 911?
Yes, and when the paramedics got there too. I believe he did in the ambulance or on arrival at the hospital. I let Goody or Beesy confirm that.

Goody said:
As I recall, there was testimony about the blood on that wall being from the second attack on Damon. I don't recall what the testimony was in detail though or who gave it.
I think I remember that it was low-velocity spatter indicative of someone bleeding and running. So it had to be Darlie's right? Maybe that's the blood found near the door though.

speedymama said:
Hey Beesy, Yea this is not a movie but guess what they make movies out of real stories. Heeeeee:dance:
And they always find the killer. It's been over 10 years mama, too long for a twist to occur

justice2 said:
Yes, and when the paramedics got there too. I believe he did in the ambulance or on arrival at the hospital. I let Goody or Beesy confirm that.
what a horrible way to die, poor babies.......they were so cute.....

justice2 said:
Damon was still alive after the first medics arrived. He died in the arms of a medic. He was alive when Darlie called 911, still when the first PO arrived, the 2nd one arrived, they did a cursury search and then let the medics in. He died about a minute later. Neither parent was anywhere near him.

speedymama said:
Yea you are right what is that with them annoring Damon, he was alive nothing could be done for Devon, poor baby he was gone but why not thee other one, what were they afraid of??? Yea shi*tless and ugly. Could it be they did not want to look at that little face seeing the knowing in his eyes???:banghead:
Hmmmm, well could it be perhaps they wanted him to die?

michelle said:
I havent read all the posts but this case makes me ill, i cant believe what these poor babies went through, so was one of the boys still alive when she called 911?
Yea, I think it was Damon still alive and both parents stayed away from him and Darin stayed with the dead one short of the police getting there only to check on Damon breathing and went back to the dead one when police got there. Really strange. Why not try to help the live one that was bleeding out, talk to him, tell him they were there something besides nothing for this little guy still alive. It really points to both parents doing the deed. Only Darlie was put on death row. If she did this she did not do it alone. I think any way.:rolleyes:

beesy said:
Hmmmm, well could it be perhaps they wanted him to die?
Sure in the heck looks like it, doesn't it?? Darin Jeans and blood in his shorts, don't get it. Why wasn't Darin looked at more???:twocents:

[QUOTE
SnootyVixen said:
This is something that you have decide to believe. You alone know the reason you decide this. But I think that you could possibluy be wrong. I don't think you or I know what is expected from a grieving mother.
Snooty, you need to watch what you say. You don't know anything about Goody's personal life. She and I know full well whereof we speak on the subject of grieving mothers.

beesy said:
And they always find the killer. It's been over 10 years mama, too long for a twist to occur
Ha-Ha one would think but if Darlie gets new trial maybe we might see the twist!!:clap:

SnootyVixen said:
This is brilliant thing to discuss. I think this. I think that the evidence material too little for good testing. I think Linch say it is exactly the same to his looking at it. I think that never one time do he say that it is definately what he think it is. I think that what they say in this new writ is very good information. That he say he think other things are the same but they turn out to not be as he has thought.
So my answer to you is I think not enough material for testing. I do not think detectives are stupid or that Darlie or Darin use that knife to cut screen. I think nothing proven at all about this. And I also do think that something like this which is not proven should not be brougjht to the trial.
What size fiber would you have perferred? What else could the fiber be? Are you saying it was not a screen fiber? Why would there be any type of fiber on a bread knife? If the knife had been used by someone in the family before that night to cut something which would leave a fiber, I think Darlie or Darin would have said, "oh yeah, that's from so-in-so, I used the breadknife to cut so-in-so the other day". Know why they didn't? Because they didn't know the fiber was on the knife until they had their stories set in stone.

speedymama said:
if Darlie was the one that was supposed to be killed that night, she was a sleep on couch the boys should of been in there own beds but they wanted to sleep downstairs watching t.v, so Darlie let them. IF a intruder was suppose to kill Darlie he had a surprise because she was not alone. Maybe the boys woke up and he silenced them because they saw him. As far as not bringing a weapon with him, that does not bother me much since most women are strangled. Why the knife and how or why it was used, I don't know. Maybe it was not a hired hit man, maybe a rapist that did not want witnesses.
It's generally thought that Damon was sleeping as he was stabbed in the back. I don't believe that anything shows Devon sitting up or anything of that sort either. It was dark in the room with only the TV flickering so neither boy would have been able to see much anyway. The hit man theory truly is the least believable. No hit man would walk into a house without a weapon planning to strangle someone. A hit man would, or should, have been smart enough to know that things can go wrong and he would need another weapon besides his hands. No intruder would have fled from Darlie. It might be different if they said that Darin came down the stairs and the man ran off. But why would he be scared of Darlie?
Maybe Darlie did do it and darin did not know anything and learned the truth after darlie came home and that is why she was brusied cause he beat the heck out of her
After much thought and discussion on these bruises, I believe that she caused them herself. Put your arm in a doorway and close the door on it. Now picture slamming the door on your arm...see the bruises now?
It just does not make since something is missing. I know mothers kill there children lord knows we have been through those trials. I just can not bite the big one and say Darlie did this all by herself and Darin would know and cover for her after seeing those two little boys covered with blood. If he did he, is as big of a monster as she is.:confused:
As you become more familiar with this case, you'll find that Darin put(maybe still does) Darlie up on a pedestal and she expected no less from him. It wouldn't take much for Darlie to turn things around and make Darin feel guilty enough that she stabbed the boys for him to help her.
A big thing that bothers me about Darin. On the Leeza show, which is on the justicefordarlie site, Leeza starts the show out by saying that Devon was stabbed so hard the knife went all the way through him and cut the subflooring. Darin nods his head and agrees with her. Any fool can look at the autopsy pictures and see that the knife did not go all the way through. Now first of all for Leeza to say that shows how unprofessional she was and then secondly Darin agreed! I keep this tucked in my brain so that whenever I hear anyone speak of how innocent she is, I remember that most of what they say is bullpoopy.

Goody said:
Well, for starters it probably did happen at the sink but not in the way she described. That is probably where she got the idea to add it to her story. The problem with that brainstorm is that there was no evidence of blood that gushed out in the location she claimed. Just as there was not evidence that a bloody knife had dropped or been thrown onto the vinyl flooring. If she was telling the truth, the physical evidence should have backed up her claims. So the conclusion is that the knife was not thrown on the floor by a fleeing intruder and Darlie never leaned forward to pick it up and gushed blood on the floor.

Besides, she changed it by the time she got to court and said she first noticed she was cut when she saw herself in the mirror of the wine rack when she was on her way back to the family room to get Darin who was upstairs sleeping. If you look at the kitchen,that rings true too. But I doubt if either one happened at the times and for the reasons she gave.

To answer your first question, yes, people have discussed Darin trying to disarm her and some have suggested that he was the one who cut her throat. I don't think anyone has said they thought he attacked her for killing the children, though that is not bad. He didn't do enough damage though to think that is what really happened. If he had been that angry with her, surely she would have been a bit more cut up. Or beaten up. And if that is what happened, why not just fess up afterwards. It would have been justifiable, that is for sure.

I do remember now that she changed her story about when she first realized her neck had been cut. I just wondered how she knew that it would be possible to have that type of cut and not realize it.

It's possible that Darin (not being a real killer type) went after her and fought with her during or when he discovered her stabbing the boys. The reason he didn't do her more damage would be because he wasn't a naturally violent person. He lost it, but something held him back from completing the act (his humanity).

I don't really believe that happened, though. I'm just trying to explain to myself WHY he would cover up for her or refuse to believe her guilt - even after seeing all the evidence.

There MUST be a reason. The question is.....what is that reason?

wenchie said:
I do remember now that she changed her story about when she first realized her neck had been cut. I just wondered how she knew that it would be possible to have that type of cut and not realize it.

It's possible that Darin (not being a real killer type) went after her and fought with her during or when he discovered her stabbing the boys. The reason he didn't do her more damage would be because he wasn't a naturally violent person. He lost it, but something held him back from completing the act (his humanity).

I don't really believe that happened, though. I'm just trying to explain to myself WHY he would cover up for her or refuse to believe her guilt - even after seeing all the evidence.

I think it is because he is guilty too.

speedymama said:
Ha-Ha one would think but if Darlie gets new trial maybe we might see the twist!!:clap:
If she was going to get a new trial, she would have gotten one already. She's already used up her state appeals. Either way, the only twist there will ever be is Darlie and/or Darin confessing. Face it luv, it ain't happening

justice2 said:
I glad you brought that up. I found another WTF in the 911 tape that I hadn't notice before ... somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin (at 05:19:09). There's another time when she told Darin ... I saw them Darin (at 1:11:28).

So it's kinda like maybe Darin was questioning her in all the chaos. She seems really defensive toward Darin at the 05:10:09. Really defensive. She was also very clear there. And not in the high pitched voice either. Anybody else hear it that way, defensive toward Darin. The word "intentionally" really bothers me too.

I think I'll always notice something that blows me away everytime I hear that tape.
This is one of the first that jumped out at me. If you notice the time on the tape, I believe Waddel had arrived and was probably talking to Darin in the foyer or family room with Darlie still in the kitchen. I think Darin said something to Waddell that she felt threatened by and that is why she sounds so defensive in that statement. It is almost like she is saying, WTF are you doing Darin? It doesn't make me feel real good about him either.

wenchie said:

Money maybe? Think about it. If she is executed, who will write the tell all? Only one person will be left to do it. Darin! It may not be worth as much as he is hoping by then, but it should be worth something substantial and it may be the only way he can clear his name if that is even possible.

I think it is unlikely that he didn't participate in the cover up. Not impossible but not very likely either. If so, that would put Darlie out there on the limb all by herself with these murders and having to hide it from him as well as the rest of the world. I think that is not very likely as well. I don't really see him as the main aggressor but I also don't see Darlie out there on her own unless she just lost it and killed one of the kids impulsively, then enlisted his help to cover it all up which included the murder of the second one. If the murders were more deliberate than that, I think he most likely was right in the thick of things with her.

Dani_T said:
Furthermore what do you think a standard response would be to be woken up by your child in the middle of the night and to see an intruder in your house. Would anyone seriously get up, put their child to the side and FOLLOW him? Any normal person would grab their child, put their hand over his mouth to get him to be quiet and watch the unknown intruder exit the house before grabbing the phone and calling 911. No sane person would FOLLOW an intruder out through the house, especially when they had two little boys to protect. She didn't even check on Devon before she starts following him. She didn't know if there was anyone else in the house. Again- it doesn't add up. It just is not within the realm of realistic behaviour- especially for a WOMAN. You DO NOT want to draw attention to yourself. You DO NOT make any noise. You DO NOT turn on a light before he has exited the house. It just doesn't happen.
Another thing about turning on the light. She says she followed along, then stopped and went back to turn on the light. This means she would have turned her back on an unknown man. Don't think so...

justice2 said:
I glad you brought that up. I found another WTF in the 911 tape that I hadn't notice before ... somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin (at 05:19:09)
Yet another thing, the 911 OP asks Darlie if there is anyone else in the house. Darlie says "no...". She should not have known if the man had escaped the house or if there was anyone else with him. We know this because later she tells the PO to check in the garage. Of course, we also know it because there was no intruder in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321