Bloodstains on Darin's jeans

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goody said:
You would make a good point here IF, and I do mean IF you could show us where they found other fibers, even one other fiber the same size and consistency as the one on the bread knife that compares to the screen fibers.

It actually has to be two fibres Goody- one was the fibreglass rodd which was 40 microns wide and the other was the pigmented rubber dust. So the problem is amplified two-fold.

Linch was not wrong about the blonde hairs. They were consistent with each other. They just did not come from the same woman.
Exactly right. Linch was not wrong about the hair. He never said it belonged to Darlie Routier. He said it was microscopically identical to Darlies and it was.

I can't think of a single thing that should cause the fiber to be on the knife that has nothing to do with the murders?
Oh surely Darin could have been hacking away at one of his motherboards with the bread knife Goody ;)

beesy said:
Who the bugger is Clint?
He was the other dude at the 911 depot. Not sure if he was another operator - seem to remember reading somewhere that he was either an assistant or perhaps even a cleaner or security guy but I could be wrong. In either case he helped on the 911 end.

Goody said:
This is one of the first that jumped out at me. If you notice the time on the tape, I believe Waddel had arrived and was probably talking to Darin in the foyer or family room with Darlie still in the kitchen. I think Darin said something to Waddell that she felt threatened by and that is why she sounds so defensive in that statement. It is almost like she is saying, WTF are you doing Darin? It doesn't make me feel real good about him either.
Yeah, I need to figure out at what point the officers were there so I can tell when she is talking to the police officer and not really the 911 operator. I'm assuming the bit about the knife and getting prints is really directed at the police officer. Makes you wonder what Darin did or said at that point. What do you think about the other place where she says to Darin that she saw them (meaning the intruder).

Another thing I notice is she plays the hysterical, high pitched stuff when the 911 operator asks her a critical question.

beesy said:
Did you name yourself after Lucy and Desi's production company?
I have always been a big fan of Lucy's. I have two cats named Desi and Lucy, so yes you could say that is where the name came from :)

beesy said:
If she was going to get a new trial, she would have gotten one already. She's already used up her state appeals. Either way, the only twist there will ever be is Darlie and/or Darin confessing. Face it luv, it ain't happening

Hi Beesy,
I am sorry I thought that is what they were tryen to do now is get her a new trial. As far as Darlie is concerned, if she does sing the closer she gets to execution it will be blaming Darin all the way lying about her own involment and Darin certainly will not admit, he loves his freedom. What a terrible shame that two little boys died that way. The more I hear and read the more I am convinced Darlie did this but I don't believe she did it alone. But why would Darlie and Darin decide to kill there boys. Did they really believe that they could get away with it? Maybe they belived that if Darlie appeared to be a victim and Darin upstairs with the baby they might pull it off. If that is the case, why in the world did they hate these two little boys so much? The way those boys died it would take alot of anger and hate to do that to them. This is way beyond my understanding, when two little boys died so violentley. On the other hand if Darlie did this all by her lonesome, she is one sick women, who thought she was smart enough to get away with it. Well she smart alright, she now is on death row!!!!:banghead:

Dani_T said:
He was the other dude at the 911 depot. Not sure if he was another operator - seem to remember reading somewhere that he was either an assistant or perhaps even a cleaner or security guy but I could be wrong. In either case he helped on the 911 end.
Ok thanks, He seems so important in the 911 call, but I don't remember hearing anything else about him. "Stamp this Clint"..

speedymama said:
Hi Beesy,
I am sorry I thought that is what they were tryen to do now is get her a new trial.
Yes, they are. They are at the Federal level now. A new trial ain't happening, is what I meant.
As far as Darlie is concerned, if she does sing the closer she gets to execution it will be blaming Darin all the way lying about her own involment and Darin certainly will not admit, he loves his freedom. What a terrible shame that two little boys died that way. The more I hear and read the more I am convinced Darlie did this but I don't believe she did it alone. But why would Darlie and Darin decide to kill there boys. Did they really believe that they could get away with it? Maybe they belived that if Darlie appeared to be a victim and Darin upstairs with the baby they might pull it off. If that is the case, why in the world did they hate these two little boys so much? The way those boys died it would take alot of anger and hate to do that to them. This is way beyond my understanding, when two little boys died so violentley. On the other hand if Darlie did this all by her lonesome, she is one sick women, who thought she was smart enough to get away with it. Well she smart alright, she now is on death row!!!!:banghead:
I seriously doubt either one will ever sing. Darlie wants to go down as a martyr for the anti-DP's. If you'll notice, many of her supporters speak about how wrong it is that she's on DR, not so much about her innocence. I don't think the murders were planned very far ahead. I don't believe Darin planned it until he saw what she'd done. The argument that night set something off in Darlie. So that would account for his horror and shock when he first came downstairs. That sounds real to me. I always see them as a team. They cared(or care) for one another more than for the boys. Even before this.
As far them thinking they could get away with it, many people who are "regular" citizens expect to believed. You see this in many other cases. A wife kills her husband for the insurance money and she tells her story. She plants the gun, says it went off by accident. She doesn't expect them to actually examine the crime scene, to see that the blood spatter doesn't match her story. I watched a case about a man who killed his wife, then drove to Florida and said she went missing from there. She was never with him in FL. LE watched hours worth of security tapes to see him go through a toll booth. She wasn't in the car. He stopped at a resturant along the way, he was alone. People who are not normally criminals just expect they will be believed. "Look at me", they say, "I'm a stand up guy, I could never do this"
Darlie told her story, not her fault the evidence doesn't line up. LE's problem, not hers or Darin's. Make it fit.

justice2 said:
Yeah, I need to figure out at what point the officers were there so I can tell when she is talking to the police officer and not really the 911 operator. I'm assuming the bit about the knife and getting prints is really directed at the police officer. Makes you wonder what Darin did or said at that point. What do you think about the other place where she says to Darin that she saw them (meaning the intruder).

Another thing I notice is she plays the hysterical, high pitched stuff when the 911 operator asks her a critical question.
Well, it is not a bad act, but I do believe it is an act. And like most acts, it is hard to maintain for a long time. Darlie slips up a couple of times, going from hysterics to a calm voice, or matter of fact tone if you prefer. She has no trouble in those instances in thinking out what she has to to come up with to give appropriate answers or statements. Then she goes back to OMG repetitions as if she is too upset to think clearly. Not very convincing when you look at it closely.

I don't have a clue what Darin might be saying, but whatever it is, it doesn't set well with her because she feels she has to fix it.

I don't think her use of "them" means anything. I catch myself using "he" and "they" interchangably when talking about only one person. I think it is a habit, rather than a slip of the tongue.

speedymama said:
Hi Beesy,
I am sorry I thought that is what they were tryen to do now is get her a new trial.
speedymama said:
They are, Speedy. They are trying to get her conviction thrown out. If they are successful at that, the state will have to decide if they want to try her again and, of course, they will. If they can't get the conviction thrown out, they are hoping for an evidenciary hearing where they can show what proof they think exists that shows actual innocence. If they get that, I guess they will also win the right to test those items in Texas the state is dragging their feet on (Darin's jeans, etc). If they can't have the evidenciary hearing, they are hoping the death penalty will be commuted to a life sentence. I think that is all the "prayers for relief" in the writ the defense just filed with the federal courts.

speedymama said:
As far as Darlie is concerned, if she does sing the closer she gets to execution it will be blaming Darin all the way lying about her own involment and Darin certainly will not admit, he loves his freedom. What a terrible shame that two little boys died that way. The more I hear and read the more I am convinced Darlie did this but I don't believe she did it alone. But why would Darlie and Darin decide to kill there boys. Did they really believe that they could get away with it? Maybe they belived that if Darlie appeared to be a victim and Darin upstairs with the baby they might pull it off. If that is the case, why in the world did they hate these two little boys so much? The way those boys died it would take alot of anger and hate to do that to them. This is way beyond my understanding, when two little boys died so violentley. On the other hand if Darlie did this all by her lonesome, she is one sick women, who thought she was smart enough to get away with it. Well she smart alright, she now is on death row!!!!:banghead:
First of all, I think most parents who kill their kids love them. They just love something else more or they can't cope with the stresses of life or in some cases, they are just plain nuts. I don't know what happened to Darlie and Darin but I think a whole lot of it had to with the "living large" as Darin described it and losing sight of what is truly important in life. Beyond that we need to know what happened between the two of them that night and how the kids got into the middle of it.

I agree with you that she wasn't very smart the way she handled all of this, from the crime itself all the way through her trial. The only one she is out foxing is herself. If she had been honest from day one and laid all her cards on the table, told exactly what happened and who did what, she would have her life and she could make all the baby blankets in the world that she wanted to make up for her sins. Instead she is probably going to be executed. She not only destroyed all the lives around her, including her own, but she wasted teh many contributions to the world she and her children and even Darin might have been able to give if not stained with this horrible crime. She must have really been living in a fantasy world to think even for a minute that she could achieve any of her goals on this path. And burying her head in the sand now is not going to save her.

Dani_T said:
It actually has to be two fibres Goody- one was the fibreglass rodd which was 40 microns wide and the other was the pigmented rubber dust. So the problem is amplified two-fold.
That's right. I always forget to include that rubber dust. Excellent point, Dani. Boy, does that ever complicate the potential for another source in the house.

Dani_T said:
Oh surely Darin could have been hacking away at one of his motherboards with the bread knife Goody ;)
Even if he did, which I assume he would use tools even if he carted one of them home, what are the chances of finding two identical rods, same size and consistency? The argument for this is silly anyway. If there existed another couple of fibers/dust that were even just very close in size and consistency, it would be enough to at least pose the possibility. But anything short of that...like the nothing they have to offer....is only speculation and is basically meaningless. They can't even point to another source in the house that MIGHT provide the answer.

beesy said:
Another thing about turning on the light. She says she followed along, then stopped and went back to turn on the light. This means she would have turned her back on an unknown man. Don't think so...
Wow bees, I had not thought of that little issue. You are correct. You know, if she gets a new trial,( though unlikely) all the prosecution needs to do is put her up on the stand. She will hang herself! :doh:

Goody said:
Well, it is not a bad act, but I do believe it is an act. And like most acts, it is hard to maintain for a long time. Darlie slips up a couple of times, going from hysterics to a calm voice, or matter of fact tone if you prefer. She has no trouble in those instances in thinking out what she has to to come up with to give appropriate answers or statements. Then she goes back to OMG repetitions as if she is too upset to think clearly. Not very convincing when you look at it closely.

I don't have a clue what Darin might be saying, but whatever it is, it doesn't set well with her because she feels she has to fix it.

I don't think her use of "them" means anything. I catch myself using "he" and "they" interchangably when talking about only one person. I think it is a habit, rather than a slip of the tongue.
I do that a lot. Is is a southern kinda slang thing? Most people I am around do this also. I heard the same thing on the 911 call. A nervous calm, then yelling, then her crazy mutterings. What I DIDN'T hear was a mother truly crying from heartbreak over her dying children.:slap: She is a piece of work.:furious:

Desilu said:
I have always been a big fan of Lucy's. I have two cats named Desi and Lucy, so yes you could say that is where the name came from :)
That is cute. :)

deandaniellws said:
Wow bees, I had not thought of that little issue. You are correct. You know, if she gets a new trial,( though unlikely) all the prosecution needs to do is put her up on the stand. She will hang herself! :doh:
I just thought of it just then too. I'm sure it's been said before though. Dani was saying how a woman should/would not have followed an intruder or turned on a light and bingo there it was.

Goody said:

The repeated "who would do this" drives me crazy as well.

I don't have a clue what Darin might be saying, but whatever it is, it doesn't set well with her because she feels she has to fix it

Agreed, it's obvious that at that moment he is not speaking to her, so there was really no reason for her to address him at the time.

deandaniellws said:
I do that a lot. Is is a southern kinda slang thing? Most people I am around do this also
Yes, I hear it and say it all the time too. They call it using a "singular they".
The alt.usage.english FAQ
aue_logo_sidebar.jpg

• Gender-neutral pronouns

(Usage Disputes)

"Singular 'they'" is the name generally given to the use of"they", "them", "their", or "theirs" with a singular antecedent such as "someone" or "everyone", as in "Everyone was blowing their nose."(It does not refer to the use of singular verbs in such mock-illiterate sentences as "Them's the breaks" and "Them as has, gets." Any verb agreeing with a singular "they" is plural:"Someone killed him, and they are going to pay for it.") Singular "they" has been used in English since the time of Chaucer. Prescriptive grammarians have traditionally (since 1746, although the actual practice goes right back to 1200) prescribed "he": "Everyone was blowing his nose." In 1926, Fowler wrote that singular "they" had an "old-fashioned sound [...]; few good modern writers would flout the grammarians so conspicuously." But in recent decades, singular "they" has gained popularity as a result of the move towards gender-neutral language. For a defense of singular "they", with examples from Shakespeare, Jane Austin, and others, see Henry Churchyard's page:
    http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/linghebr/austheir.html; But note that not all of us are as keen on singular "they" as Henry is. Asked to fill in the blank in sentences such as "A patient who doesn't accurately report ___ sexual history to the doctor runs the risk of misdiagnosis", only 3% of AHD3's usage panel chose "their". AHD3'susage note says: "this solution ignores a persistent intuition that expressions such as _everyone_ and _each student_ should in fact be treated as grammatically singular." An example from Fowler wittily demonstrates how singular "they" never seems to agree perfectly: "Everyone was blowing their nose"? "Everyone was blowing their noses"? "Everyone were blowing their noses"? Proposals for other gender-neutral pronouns get made from time to time, and some can be found in actual use ("sie" and "hir" are theones most frequently found on Usenet). Cecil Adams, in _Return of the Straight Dope_ (Ballantine, 1994, ISBN 0-345-38111-4), says that some eighty such terms have been proposed, the first of them in the 1850s. John Chao (chao@hoss.ee.udel.edu) was constructing a long FAQ on this topic: [...] http://www.aetherlumina.com/gnp/index.html. Discussions about gender-neutral pronouns tend to go round and round and never reach a conclusion. Please refrain. (We also get disputes about the use of the word "gender" in the sense of "sex", i.e., of whether a human being is male or female.This also dates from the 14th century. By 1900 it was restricted to jocular use, but it has now been revived because of the "sexual relations" sense of "sex".)

beesy said:
Yes, I hear it and say it all the time too. They call it using a "singular they".
The alt.usage.english FAQ http://www.yaelf.com/aueFAQ/aue_logo_sidebar.jpg
  • Gender-neutral pronouns

(Usage Disputes)

"Singular 'they'" is the name generally given to the use of"they", "them", "their", or "theirs" with a singular antecedent such as "someone" or "everyone", as in "Everyone was blowing their nose."(It does not refer to the use of singular verbs in such mock-illiterate sentences as "Them's the breaks" and "Them as has, gets." Any verb agreeing with a singular "they" is plural:"Someone killed him, and they are going to pay for it.") Singular "they" has been used in English since the time of Chaucer. Prescriptive grammarians have traditionally (since 1746, although the actual practice goes right back to 1200) prescribed "he": "Everyone was blowing his nose." In 1926, Fowler wrote that singular "they" had an "old-fashioned sound [...]; few good modern writers would flout the grammarians so conspicuously." But in recent decades, singular "they" has gained popularity as a result of the move towards gender-neutral language. For a defense of singular "they", with examples from Shakespeare, Jane Austin, and others, see Henry Churchyard's page:
    http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/linghebr/austheir.html; But note that not all of us are as keen on singular "they" as Henry is. Asked to fill in the blank in sentences such as "A patient who doesn't accurately report ___ sexual history to the doctor runs the risk of misdiagnosis", only 3% of AHD3's usage panel chose "their". AHD3'susage note says: "this solution ignores a persistent intuition that expressions such as _everyone_ and _each student_ should in fact be treated as grammatically singular." An example from Fowler wittily demonstrates how singular "they" never seems to agree perfectly: "Everyone was blowing their nose"? "Everyone was blowing their noses"? "Everyone were blowing their noses"? Proposals for other gender-neutral pronouns get made from time to time, and some can be found in actual use ("sie" and "hir" are theones most frequently found on Usenet). Cecil Adams, in _Return of the Straight Dope_ (Ballantine, 1994, ISBN 0-345-38111-4), says that some eighty such terms have been proposed, the first of them in the 1850s. John Chao (chao@hoss.ee.udel.edu) was constructing a long FAQ on this topic: [...] http://www.aetherlumina.com/gnp/index.html. Discussions about gender-neutral pronouns tend to go round and round and never reach a conclusion. Please refrain. (We also get disputes about the use of the word "gender" in the sense of "sex", i.e., of whether a human being is male or female.This also dates from the 14th century. By 1900 it was restricted to jocular use, but it has now been revived because of the "sexual relations" sense of "sex".)

:woohoo: Thank you for clearing that up. Sometimes I write or say stuff without giving it much thought. Then when someone questions it...I have to think...hummm....I wonder if I am doing that wrong? :waitasec: We all use so much slang down here, sometimes it becomes second nature. :crazy:

deandaniellws said:
I do that a lot. Is is a southern kinda slang thing? Most people I am around do this also. I heard the same thing on the 911 call. A nervous calm, then yelling, then her crazy mutterings. What I DIDN'T hear was a mother truly crying from heartbreak over her dying children.:slap: She is a piece of work.:furious:
I don't know if it is southern or not, but I do it and I know a lot of people who do. Some are very well educated and some not. Some from the south and some not. Maybe it just a childhood habit that is only half corrected. hahahahaha!

Desilu said:
My favorite Lucy show was the bread making scene where she gets pinned against the wall by a giant loaf of homemade bread. Reminds me of my first attempt to make dumplins. hahahahahahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321