Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never have watched a BK video, won't start now.

But....as I was scrolling all the way down in " member home" I came across "NEW!! Lisa-Travis texts' and " NEW!!! killer-Travis texts" listing. Has anyone checked their newness?

Good post.

Much as I think Nurmi's defense tactics were despicable, I also feel sorry for him. After all, he got Jodi lobbed to him as a public defender. He was doing a very difficult job and providing a service to the community even if that job meant he was defending the worst of the worst. It's those accused that need public defenders. And our system of justice depends on public defenders as well as defense for the worst of the worst.

All the other public defenders assigned to this case managed to drop the "hot potato." Nurmi got stuck with it. He did everything he could to dump it on someone else. I'm sure he was angry enough with how he got railroaded into this case to stretch it out and make enough to retire, since it was going to ruin his reputation.

I also don't think we should be slamming him as a person. As far as I can tell, he's as private as Martinez and we don't know him except as a professional. I believe we should focus on what he did rather than who he is. I think his aptitude is fair game (e.g. "New Zealand is in Europe" LMAO), but not comments about his physique.

Wilmott, though, I have no sympathy for at all. She volunteered for the job and seemed to have lapped up the whole deal to such an egregious extent that she served on a paid domestic violence panel with ALV. Plus she was in way over her head, although she always seemed thrilled with her performance; this is immature as well as incompetent.

End of lecture.

I realize it was his job Rickshaw Fan but he seemed to enjoy trashing TA. And now that his book is out and he says he didn't believe the pedo story and knew she was lying, I really resent him. Also he said he knew the mother lied about the bruises and she lied very badly. Who was the other witnesses she wanted to put on that he didn't put on? Did he know they lied too? He still went after TA during the Defense case in chief and in Closing. Said he kicked her and chocked her and that was felony assault. It never happened and he knew it.

What prominent attorney gets on twitter and tries to argue his case. You don't see Juan on twitter or other famous attorneys. So I am not that impressed with him. He did get a bad hand having to defend her but he could have gotten off if he had addressed the court with the right reason. Every other Attorney before him got off and so could he. There were others out there like Willnot who would have loved to take the case. He could have used mental health reasons to get off. JA was scrambling his brain.LOL.

Yes, she would waive confidentiality as to what she said, but not as to everything else.

Yes, we have an Ethics Hotline, but you can only call about your own behavior, and only if you haven't made a decision yet. So I couldn't call to ask what they think about KN's book haha. :) Plus they hardly ever answer the phone....

LOL. I've missed your fine humor.

Yes, she would waive confidentiality as to what she said, but not as to everything else.

Yes, we have an Ethics Hotline, but you can only call about your own behavior, and only if you haven't made a decision yet. So I couldn't call to ask what they think about KN's book haha. :) Plus they hardly ever answer the phone....

Thanks, AZL. I was wondering if Nurmi and/or Martinez might have called that hotline, particularly Nurmi. That might account for why he thought he could publish his book. Sorry to hear they rarely answer! Jeez . . . .

He wouldn't. And his bosses wouldn't let him if he had an extended bout of temporary insanity or bonked his head so hard he forgot what was at stake and did anything at all to risk her conviction or life sentence.

I very very rarely am swayed to admire and respect anyone in a professional capacity as much as I do JM. He 's hard hitting and tough and can be scathing ( all qualities I admire but that clearly make BK uncomfortable), but I am entirely convinced he is as ethical as they come.

So do I Hope. He is bombastic in his questioning but he seems to give all he has to give the victim and the victim's family JUSTICE. I do not believe he did anything wrong in the trial. Remember when Nurmi made a motion to have CMJA's camera tuned over and implied the state had it for four years and never turned it over. Juan told the Judge, that is has been in evidence for over four years and available for the defense anytime they wanted it, all they had to do was ask, and he would have it brought in by Lunch to turn over. Nurmi tried to make it look like the State did something wrong when it was the defense that neglected to ask for the evidence.

The computer experts the defense had were as corrupt as they come. I had my nephew work on my computer to get a virus and malware off and he told me when he brought it back that I had a lot of *advertiser censored* sites on it and other bad sites that can steal your personal information and banking info. I asked him how it got on there and he said if you don't have a good security program on your computer or if you go to certain sites these sites can enter your computer and do a lot of damage.

Besides, at the time in 2008, *advertiser censored* was not an issue with the killing. That came up when CMJA told her lies in 2010 with her changing story. The *advertiser censored* evolved as her story evolved. Juan did nothing wrong.

But....as I was scrolling all the way down in " member home" I came across "NEW!! Lisa-Travis texts' and " NEW!!! killer-Travis texts" listing. Has anyone checked their newness?

No I didn't see that but I am going to check it out before my subscription runs out.

Paraphrased from BK's quote from N's book about why Ms. Arias.

He says he took the "high road" by calling her M.A. after she began complaining about him to courts and "others."

She would "scream" at him when he used it, and "behind the screams" were threats she would ruin him and his practice if he "did not obey her commands."

(So maybe he wants us to believe he is taking the high road in his book by calling her by her formal name).

Which seems to have reduced her to frothing frenzy because.....why? I'm guessing because he was clearly immune to her "charms" despite her cute little updates about her privates.

I suspect that is what is going on here. She was abusive and demanding (remember the reported screams heard from her after court one day?) I am guessing that both of her attorneys went with her story, just as she wanted, because they were trying to avoid ineffective counsel in the future on any appeal AND she was so difficult to work with. Wilmott and Nurmi both appeared to be vile people bashing Travis and I think he is seeking revenge due to all that JA put him through, all with the attention of a world wide audience.

Yes, I read them all.

The JA/TA texts were interesting to say the least. She is such pest, yet he kept responding to her! :tantrum:

I read on BK said that Nurmi named his book Trapped with Ms. Arias because she hates being called Ms. Arias. :giggle:

Why would Juan be doing JA a favour if he releases his book as prosecutor while her case if still on appeal?

Does that mean she could win that appeal? I thought she got a protection order against the book release and it was denied. I confused.

Just reading this on BK site.

LOL, I so agree LinTx. Hypocrite I am. I read every snippet from his book posted on twitter or WS, I also am a subscriber to BKs site and I watched the video she gave today. Very very bias and yes she was pushing KN's book hard. I will not spend one thin dime on his book, a book which BK assures everyone he wrote himself, whereas Juan has a ghost writer that BK knows. She had to put that in there. If KN wrote his own book, that could explain why he had to self publish.

Without even knowing what Juan has written she condemns him for unethical behavior but not KN. :thinking: Juan is too smart and so is Bill Montgomery. Juan will not cross any lines like KN did, IMO. The ABA doesn't do a whole lot to attorneys that cross the ethical lines at least not in my state, MO. So I seriously doubt they will do much with Nurmi. But I bet CMJA is climbing the walls and her supporters are flooding KN's twitter and mail box and phone with hate mail. LOL

BBM--Samspace, this is interesting, BK supporting Nurmi while seemingly negative/dismissive about Juan. For me, this seriously calls into to question her judgment and a few other things. I suspected that she had something against him when I was a member of her site (when it first started) but could never really put my finger on why she was so weird about JM.

BBM--Samspace, this is interesting, BK supporting Nurmi while seemingly negative/dismissive about Juan. For me, this seriously calls into to question her judgment and a few other things. I suspected that she had something against him when I was a member of her site (when it first started) but could never really put my finger on why she was so weird about JM.

I think BK is jealous of Juan...just that simple.

The whole time the trial was going on BK gave off negative responses about Juan and always defended Nurmi, but she saved face by letting everyone know she believed CMJA was guilty otherwise I don't believe anyone would listen to her. I don't think he would give her an interview and she got pi--ed. JMO

I think BK is jealous of Juan...just that simple.

Probably a little jealousy too Sweetiemom, but I think she wanted an interview with him and he refused but then gave one to Troy Hayden. I am glad he did. I don't like TH that much because he defends M. Kiefer but he is better than most and did ask the killer some hard questions, just didn't follow up on them when she gave those ridiculous answers.

Just wanted to say it has been great the last few days to see all these posts. I miss how it used to be...

Just wanted to say it has been great the last few days to see all these posts. I miss how it used to be...

Me too franqueolane, with the two books coming out it should get busier. I am looking so forward to Juan's book. I have already pre ordered it on Amazon. With my prime account I won't pay any shipping. I don't think he will tell anything that is in the sealed evidence part but maybe he will explain why so much was sealed. Why so many bench conferences

Juan Martinez frustration and stress with this trial must have been monumental. I was afraid he would just drop over with a heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper