Bosma Murder Trial 01.18.16 - Jury selection process commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question matou. I would imagine she can be but unless she wanted to cut a deal with the crown on her own charges by being an actual witness for the prosecution, I'd imagine she'd be a hostile one, so perhaps it wouldn't be in their best interest to call her. If she is pleading not guilty to her charges, perhaps she will be a witness for the defence with a story all her own.Then again, that would open her up to cross examination which might be an issue for her own case. I really don't know. We need a lawyer in here. Lol

Sharlene Bosma will be a witness though, and as such will not be able to attend the trial. I wonder if MB will also be one and therefore unable to attend as well. They would need her testimony for the timeline of when the trailer may have shown up in her driveway I would think? Or perhaps they will just go with her neighbour's testimony?

MOO

I am only speculating, but I believe SB will be one of the first witnesses, if not the first the Crown calls to the stand. After her testimony and cross examination by defense, she will then be permitted to sit in the courtroom if she so chooses. Of course unless the Crown plans to call her more than once to the witness stand, then she will have to remain out of the gallery until she is no longer required to testify.

IIRC SB said in a sit down interview she gave, she planned on attending every day of the trial. Bless you Sharlene. Stay the strong woman who you are.
Added: This video from June 2014, at 2:57, SB said she goes to every court appearance she is able to.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...o-help-families-of-homicide-victims-1.2667879
JMO

The other people who were selling their trucks on Kijiji who met DM and MS will be up there too. JMO

In the early days, there were skeptics who said surely there was some secret Mr. Bosma carried that would put him face-to-face with violence. It couldn’t just be random, could it?

The truth, according to police – that Mr. Bosma was an innocent victim who opened his door to the wrong people – has been hard for the community to accept.

“We all hope that if you’re a good person and you live a good life that evil won’t rain down upon you,” said Bill Kelly, a long-time Hamilton radio talk-show host who has spent hours on the air discussing Mr. Bosma’s death. “This wasn’t just a tragedy. This was evil. And it was frightening because if it could happen to him, then it could happen to me.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-uneasy-truths-for-community/article28252942/

Can DM get "in trouble" for giving Smich "long once over glances head to toe?" I wonder if he's trying to incite Smich?
Smich wore a chunky grey sweater and jeans. His short hair was parted sharply to the side.

He has always maintained a straight-ahead stare in the courtroom. But this time he turned to look each possible juror in the eye. He also, for the first time, made eye contact with members of the media.

Smich never, however, looked at Millard. Millard though, often glanced at Smich, giving him long, once-over looks from head to toe.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6237902-clairmont-even-when-absent-a-bosma-presence/

I was just reading that, matou, and wondering if DM was trying to intimidate MS

I wonder if we're supposed to read anything in the ring he is wearing now on his left hand?

I wonder if we're supposed to read anything in the ring he is wearing now on his left hand?

It's kind of hard not to, isn't it? I mean, there were 8 other fingers and two thumbs to choose from, to slide a ring on.

The other people who were selling their trucks on Kijiji who met DM and MS will be up there too. JMO

Absolutely Matou. If SB still wants to be in the courtroom through most of the proceedings, I'm sure the Crown will see to it that they get her up on the stand ASAP. Speaking of witnesses, should we speculate who the Crown will call as their witnesses? I'll start and please feel free to add to the list.

* SB
* Possible witness who saw TB's truck in Brantford around 10pm, May 6th, 2013
* Etobicoke business guy who went on a test drive with the accused May 5th, 2013
* Toronto guy who was selling his Dodge Ram and had been contacted by the accused. He missed the phone call and a test drive was never arranged
* A number of detectives, police officers
* Forensic experts: computer, cellphone, surveillance video, DNA, firearms
* SA
* The business owner BillP in Manitoba who sold the incinerator
* A representative/expert from SuperNova Manufacturers, manufacturer of the incinerator
* Associates who knew the accused and had some knowledge/evidence to assist in the investigation: DM's ex-employees including secretary, bookkeeper, ex-friends, ex-girlfriends/fiancees, any or all of the three Matthews, neighbours of DM and MB
* SS DM's mechanic
* WM's fiancee is she exists
* Undercover officers who may have been put in a cell with either of the accused
* CN
* People who work at the Waterloo airport associated with DM
MOO.

I certainly can see him trying to bait MS into some type of altercation in that box. I'm guessing DM would like people in the courtroom to see MS get angry.

MOO

And if all it's doing is making HIM look sketchy, once again he seems to be less bright than he thinks.

Perhaps he got some conjugal visits with Dee and now they're married.
Or maybe it's dear old dad or grandpa's ring. It's his lucky charm?
MOO.

It's kind of hard not to, isn't it? I mean, there were 8 other fingers and two thumbs to choose from, to slide a ring on.

I have to wonder if it's just a detail DM added to see if it makes it into the MSM. He'll be pleased to read tomorrow's newspapers, while having tea and crumpets and see the "ring" made it into print. MOO.

MS sounds pretty dapper in his thick, knit sweater and his hair cropped short and slicked to one side. He doesn't appear to be the gangsta wannabe he once portrayed? No mention as to whether DM still looks gaunt and thin? Or did I miss it? MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow