Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought on whether they were dropped off at the Bosma house or if they parked somewhere and walked.... IMO there are a number of places along that stretch (or any stretch of country road) where you could park a vehicle. There are entrances to farmer's fields that have a short lead way up to a metal gate, lane ways to barns etc. etc., even just on the shoulder of the road. In the country we see this every day and it doesn't stand out at all.

Here is an example of a spot that is literally 100 yards from the Bosma driveway on the opposite side of the road. Now I am not saying these guys parked THAT close to the house but it is just one example of many along any country road where you could park your vehicle. Another thing to consider is that the Bosma property has a mature treeline along the road, blocking the view of the road. Once Tim's truck turned left onto Trinity Rd, you wouldn't have seen it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.170...1ElZmwoTWlnvBqSR6w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Last thing...if CN did drop them off, would she not be charged with much more than what she is currently charged with? Thoughts?

PS: When you look at the link, spin to the right. You can see the telephone pole across from the Bosma house that has flowers on it.

I've thought about this at least a hundred times since that horrible day. They could have literally parked anywhere along that road and no one would have noticed a thing. You're absolutely right about that. After this happened I used to pay closer attention to my own rural, dirt sideroad and noticed SO many places someone could park along the road. I believe that's exactly what they did. Parked far enough away that no one at the Bosma house would see them pull in, and just walked to the house with the "friend/Timmies" story.

Which really, when you think about it, may be part of the reason SB and the tenant WDB thought it seemed weird or sketchy. Dropped off by a friend who went on to Tim Hortons? Really? I mean, I know folks around here are addicted to their Timmies but who drops someone off for a truck test drive and goes to Timmies?

Timmies/Tim Hortons for those who don't know is a coffee shop. (I can see how this can be confusing for some since the victim's name is also Tim.)

I've thought about this at least a hundred times since that horrible day. They could have literally parked anywhere along that road and no one would have noticed a thing. You're absolutely right about that. After this happened I used to pay closer attention to my own rural, dirt sideroad and noticed SO many places someone could park along the road. I believe that's exactly what they did. Parked far enough away that no one at the Bosma house would see them pull in, and just walked to the house with the "friend/Timmies" story.

Which really, when you think about it, may be part of the reason SB and the tenant WDB thought it seemed weird or sketchy. Dropped off by a friend who went on to Tim Hortons? Really? I mean, I know folks around here are addicted to their Timmies but who drops someone off for a truck test drive and goes to Timmies?

I'll take that a step further...who drops someone off for a truck test drive at a spot where they have to walk to get to the house???? I could buy that story if the friend dropped them at the driveway and pulled away to go to Tim Horton's but not when they walked up.

I would assume they took the back roads as well. Taking Wilson to Brantford is very little business mostly farms and less likely to be seen. Turning towards the 403 would take you past Tim Horton's Canadian Tire, gas stations, Wendy's, Walmart, Goodlife Fitness and various other business in that plaza. There is also a bar and restaurant where Garner rd. meets Wilson. There is also car dealers and big industrial park on Tradewinds. This area is always fairly busy and well lit and multilane road. Taking Wilson to Brantford is also only a 1 lane road, not as well lit and fairly quiet at that time of night. I am assuming where the cell phone was found is where they moved Tim to the back seat as they were going to reach a more populated area and the phone fell out of his pocket.

I'm sure I read that the truck was spotted in Brantford that night. If they were heading to Ayr, why get off in Brantford? You'd just need to stay on the 403 and get off at exit 33. I'm close by to both Ancaster and Brantford and if I wanted to head to Ayr/Waterloo I wouldn't get off at any exit in Brantford.

Edited to add: Yup in Downtown Brantford - Why?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2558160-tim-bosma-search-moves-to-brantford/

And his cell phone was found on the opposite side of the 403 than they should have been heading for Ayr near an industrial area. Seems weird to take the truck thru downtown Brantford where it could be spotted easily when they could have stayed on the 403 for 5-10 more mins and get off in the middle of nowhere and head to Ayr.

IMO he was shot at that industrial park in Brantford where they tossed his phone.

I'd have to look at the map again but I remember thinking something similar when this was all new info. Why go to Brantford if the destination was Ayr? Looking forward to getting some of these questions answered as the trial continues.

Also wouldn't potential buyers of a truck feel nervous about being dropped off and stranded at a stranger's home at night? Unsafe for both the buyer and seller. That's why I also call BS on the dropped off story. JMO

a few questions..was the family given these details before court? I mean Tim being shot and details about how he died? surely they would prepare them for this and this is not a complete shock to them. The incinerator..was it powered by propane? jet fuel? was it already kept at the hangar to get rid of evidence of stolen vehicles? therefore would not be out of the ordinary for it to be there. Do we know it was brought from the farm that night? I thought I already read that a neighbor noticed it at the farm the next day and thought it was out of the ordinary and called it in? Also the employee that took pictures of the truck and VIN number..if he got that close to taking a picture of the Vin he would have seen the blood and the shattered window and possibly blood stained seats and carpet if they were not disposed of yet right? I am also wondering if CN made a deal with the devil and is providing them with info on the death of his father and LB for a lesser charge. I can't recall if it was after she was arrested that the other 2 charges were laid.

Perhaps DM and MS disposed of the bloodstained carpet and upholstery on the truck seats in the incinerator too. They also may have had a change of clothes at the hanger, and burned the clothes they were wearing. I would think that blood spatter would have been on both their clothes, and shoes, as well as blood stains from moving the body. I do not believe we have ever read that any of this evidence was recovered.

This is right in line with my thinking as far as route goes. The only thing I am thinking that is a slight deviation from your route is I believe they may have turned off of Brant Ave onto Hardy instead of continuing onto Paris Rd. My reasoning for this is because the cell phone was found near Fen Ridge and Oak Park, south of the 403. By turning left onto Hardy they are led to Oak Park, south of the 403. Of course they may have continued on Paris Rd and then back tracked over the 403 to Fed Ridge. Hopefully the route becomes clear as the trial goes on.

I wasn't sure of the exact location of where the cellphone was found, but I knew it was in the general area. I thought I read one time that it was around Powerline Road... so I was thinking they could have turned on Powerline up to OakPark.. but I don't know where Fenridge is, so you could very well be right about that.. up Hardy and then back down to Paris Road again via Powerline and then onto Ayr.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...ade-ebay-purchases-from-u-s-holster-firm.html

An eBay profile of Dellen Millard, the accused murderer of Tim Bosma, shows purchases from a number of sellers including Barsony Holsters and Belts in Hillsboro, Oregon. According to the seller’s feedback, items purchased by profile user dellmillard include the Barsony Brown Leather Concealment Shoulder Holster Walther PP PPK PPKS 380 22 32 and the Barsony IWB Concealment Holster for S&W Bodyguard .380.

http://de.scribd.com/doc/297563969/Crown-s-opening-address-in-Tim-Bosma-murder-trial#download

"The police also recovered a spent .380 gun cartridge casing inside the truck."

When the judge told the jury yesterday that they would get notebooks for making notes (which is unusual for a juror to receive), he indicated that to take really accurate and detailed notes would take away from listening thoroughly to testimony, and that the court stenographer was taking notes of everything, which they could access if required (I am assuming once deliberations begin).

Long time lurker first time poster here.

I grew very interested in this case right from the get go as the Bosma family had a lot of the similarities to mine. We were both married the same venue, my wife and I also built our 4000 sq ft dream home in Ancaster (less than 5mins drive from Bosma home) shortly after marriage. We had our first child and I sold a car online weeks before this case happened (went for a test drive with many buyers). I am also the same age as Tim. This case hit home.

I do not know Tim personally but, I know many people who did. Everything the media reported about him is true. He was a down to earth good family guy. Not 1 person had anything negative to say about him.

That said I saw some things on here that I can maybe answer.

No gunshots in the area would not be unusual or alert anyone. On any given night after dark it is normal to hear gunshots. In fact it is more abnormal to not here them.

I saw a question about the gun used. A .380 caliber is typically a smaller lightweight gun. Yes it would be very easy to conceal in everyday clothing. It is a close range gun and doesn't have the best stopping power it usually needs multiple direct hits to take someone down. That would explain the amount of gun residue in the front seat that multiple shots were needed.

I have to imagine there is a fair amount of video footage as well. There is a lot of fairly large homes in that area that I would assume have camera's. As well depending on the route there is a fair amount of business with camera's. Which is how I am assuming they knew he was killed fairly quickly that camera's picked up the passenger window being shattered.

This really shook up the community of Ancaster it was always know as a quiet more upscale community. I don't think anyone ever thought something like this would happen so close to home. I can't recall a business, a pole or a mailbox without a missing poster.

Your post actually brought tears to my eyes. This really shook up a LOT of communities and so many like yourself (me included) came to realize very quickly we weren't nearly as removed from Tim Bosma as we thought we were. I also lived in an area just like Tim did. Had *just* posted a kijiji ad the same time he did (we were moving into town and selling all kinds of things), and many in our church family knew the Bosma family and their extended church family. I didn't know them but I'll agree with you on what everyone said about him - he was exactly the guy everyone says he was.

Running errands in Woodstock - you couldn't go half a block without seeing his missing poster - it was EVERYWHERE. In the lobby of the bank, Zehrs, business windows, everywhere. Even on utility poles up highway 59. I don't think there was anyone in this part of Ontario that DIDN'T know about Tim being missing. In a strange way he sort of became our brother, son, friend, literally overnight.

Just felt like saying that, and wanted to thank you for your post. I think I need a really good cry now. :(

I wasn't sure of the exact location of where the cellphone was found, but I knew it was in the general area. I thought I read one time that it was around Powerline Road... so I was thinking they could have turned on Powerline up to OakPark.. but I don't know where Fenridge is, so you could very well be right about that.. up Hardy and then back down to Paris Road again via Powerline and then onto Ayr.

It was definitely confusing to determine where everything was. Photos were released of the police doing a ground search near Powerline and Oak Park, then they said the phone was found near Fen Ridge and Oak Park, which is just south of Powerline....first road on the right after you cross the 403 going south.

I recall during the time when this was all happening, LE said they were catching a vehicle traveling behind TB's truck, on a neighbouring video camera. That is why (imo) they had been seeking a third suspect. I'm not sure on the timelines of when this other truck was seen, but later, once DM had been arrested, IIRC, LE determined the vehicle following TB's was the same vehicle and color as DM's vehicle.

It is possible(?) that DM let MS out of the rear of TB's truck when they met up with DM's vehicle, and MS could have started driving it/following DM/TB at that time. If that is the case, then it is also possible that MS may not have even been present in the vehicle at the time when TB was shot?

I was actually very relieved to hear that TB had been shot. Hopefully he died instantly. I was fearing a gruesome torturous murder, considering all of the things we had heard about (incinerator, or.. I was actually picturing in my mind the person in the back seat pulling out a wire rope and cutting his throat or something; I had also wondered if TB had been chopped up into smaller pieces before going into the incinerator - yes, gross thoughts!).

Long time lurker first time poster here.

I grew very interested in this case right from the get go as the Bosma family had a lot of the similarities to mine. We were both married the same venue, my wife and I also built our 4000 sq ft dream home in Ancaster (less than 5mins drive from Bosma home) shortly after marriage. We had our first child and I sold a car online weeks before this case happened (went for a test drive with many buyers). I am also the same age as Tim. This case hit home.

I do not know Tim personally but, I know many people who did. Everything the media reported about him is true. He was a down to earth good family guy. Not 1 person had anything negative to say about him.

That said I saw some things on here that I can maybe answer.

No gunshots in the area would not be unusual or alert anyone. On any given night after dark it is normal to hear gunshots. In fact it is more abnormal to not here them.

I saw a question about the gun used. A .380 caliber is typically a smaller lightweight gun. Yes it would be very easy to conceal in everyday clothing. It is a close range gun and doesn't have the best stopping power it usually needs multiple direct hits to take someone down. That would explain the amount of gun residue in the front seat that multiple shots were needed.

I have to imagine there is a fair amount of video footage as well. There is a lot of fairly large homes in that area that I would assume have camera's. As well depending on the route there is a fair amount of business with camera's. Which is how I am assuming they knew he was killed fairly quickly that camera's picked up the passenger window being shattered.

This really shook up the community of Ancaster it was always know as a quiet more upscale community. I don't think anyone ever thought something like this would happen so close to home. I can't recall a business, a pole or a mailbox without a missing poster.

Welcome ADAWG :welcome:

Glad you could join us and very much appreciate the local take on this crime. Must have been VERY surreal to you when you heard about this disappearance/murder considering the similarities between you and TB. Looking forward to reading your comments.

:)

ETA: Very interesting info about the type of gun that would take that caliber bullet and might explain why the one casing was found in the truck. They missed it but got the rest. I wonder how many rounds were fired?

I recall during the time when this was all happening, LE said they were catching a vehicle traveling behind TB's truck, on a neighbouring video camera. That is why (imo) they had been seeking a third suspect. I'm not sure on the timelines of when this other truck was seen, but later, once DM had been arrested, IIRC, LE determined the vehicle following TB's was the same vehicle and color as DM's vehicle.

It is possible(?) that DM let MS out of the rear of TB's truck when they met up with DM's vehicle, and MS could have started driving it/following DM/TB at that time. If that is the case, then it is also possible that MS may not have even been present in the vehicle at the time when TB was shot?

I recall the same thing....that they had video of DM's vehicle following Tim's truck and, if I recall...it was video close to Tim's house (possibly one of the businesses on Trinity near the Wilson intersection. If that is the case then my opinion is that they killed Tim VERY soon after leaving the driveway, before they got to Millard's truck that was waiting down the road. I can't imagine they stopped to pick up the vehicle while Tim was alive. Even if he was being held at gun point, would DM and MS leave one or the other alone in the truck with Tim? Too much risk. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper