Bosma Murder Trial 02.04.16 - Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the Israeli military comment seemed to change the 'dynamics in the car', I'm inclined to think this was not just a test drive.

I absolutely agree! There was a reason why Igor made that Israeli military comment.

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 3:51 PM
Court is back in session. Jury being recalled now

So are we feeling like DM carried the gun in his man-purse, or in a holster on his person? Lots of focus on the satchel.

DM whistled back MS by some strict glances, so I think: IF there was a weapon then Smich carried it.

Given the Israeli military comment seemed to change the 'dynamics in the car', I'm inclined to think this was not just a test drive.

I don't think they had the gun along on this drive or there would have been a dead body. I think they realized they couldn't overpower Igor and decided to forget this truck and make sure they had the gun the next test drive.

I don't think they had the gun along on this drive or there would have been a dead body. I think they realized they couldn't overpower Igor and decided to forget this truck and make sure they had the gun the next test drive.

This is my thought as well - there was no gun on this trip. They had to reorganize their tactics for the next test drive. MOO

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 3:54 PM
Now onto cross examination from Millard's counsel Nadir Sachak.

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 3:53 PM
Tumamenko says he was not shown a photo lineup in relation with the taller man who drove his truck

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Crown exam of Igor Tumanenko has completed. #Millard lawyer Nadir Sachak begins.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
As jury is brought back in, #Millard smiles in their direction. #Smich remains straight-faced.

Do we remember which model of "the Eliminator" DM's was?
Found this article, and if he did in fact have the SN3000, it was meant for cattle and horses as well.

https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=24788

The Globe and Mail reported it was the SN500 model:

Typically used by poultry farmers, the SuperNova SN500 model holds 500 pounds of waste and burns 125 pounds an hour at temperatures up to 871 C.

The Sun reported it was the SN250 model:

...The Eliminator SN250 model, was discovered on the first-degree murder accused’s farm and has become a key component of the investigation into the death of Tim Bosma.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 49s49 seconds ago
Tumanenko asked about where his truck was parked. He says it was outside in the open in his parking spot. #MillardSmich

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 3:57 PM
Bathurst, the day of the test drive, was very full of traffic, Tumanenko says.

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 3:56 PM
Sachak asking about the location of Igor's condo, and how the traffic is around Bathurst Street at times

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 3:58 PM
It's a busy intersection, and lots of people could see his truck, Tumanenko says.

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 3:57 PM
The area is very diverse, Tumanenko says. Also lots of businesses around

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 31m31 minutes ago

Igor is a big, muscular man with short dark hair and a very heavy accent. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Tumanenko being asked about how busy his neighbourhood is. Sachak notes many people, shops, etc. Tumanenko agrees. #MillardSmich

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 4:00 PM
The test drive was around an hour, Tumanenko says. In that time, the tall guy and he talked a fair bit. "In general, we talked about the car itself."

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 4:00 PM
“He showed knowledge of this type of truck,” Tumanenko says

Asked what he and the "tall guy" talked about, Tumanenko says "we talked about the car itself," and it's features, what it can be used for..

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Igor says the driver seemed "stressed" after that. #MillardSmich

So...was that what saved him?

Absolutely. He would have ripped that lady pistol right out of DM's hand and beat the living crap out of him with it. And DM knew it and had to abort this mission.

MOO

Adam Carter Feb 4 2016 4:02 PM
They had talked about wanting a truck that could tow a trailer, to Calgary, with cars inside that trailer

The Globe and Mail reported it was the SN500 model:

The Sun reported it was the SN250 model:

Hmmm, conflicting info on model. I found this from the opening statement given by the Crown:
"When the police first saw the Eliminator, they were struck by its size, the location of it in the trees and the descriptors for the device which were on a metal plate attached to the unit – “The Eliminator – Small and Large Animal Cremators”. The police had not seen anything like it before."

Tumanenko confirms the taller man discussed towing race cars in a trailer to Calgary. "It's what he said, yes." #MillardSmich

DM whistled back MS by some strict glances, so I think: IF there was a weapon then Smich carried it.

I don't necessarily think it proves that MS carried the gun, but I do think it indicates that MS was privy to a plan and was being "warned off" by DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487