Bosma Murder Trial 02.08.16 - Day 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back through the tweets and don't see the exact day DM called TD about painting the truck. Was it mentioned what day it was?

Adam Carter
Pillay is Millard's Lawyer

Adam Carter
Feb 8 2016 11:18 AM
Pillay now cross examining.

Adam Carter
Feb 8 2016 11:17 AM
Diciano also asked about the truck's interior. "I stripped it down, but we'll leave it black," Diciano says Millard told him.

Adam Carter
Feb 8 2016 11:19 AM
Diciano says he isn't sure about the exact date that Millard called. Could have been a Tuesday or Wednesday. He spoke with police on May 14.

so he lied under oath on second day? thanks for finding this for me..I have been searching. I knew I had read it somewhere.

He said that DM didn't try to bargain. That's not lying. He told them price was firm, no bargaining.

so he lied under oath on second day? thanks for finding this for me..I have been searching. I knew I had read it somewhere.

Not at all. He was asked if DM tried to bargain. From all accounts, he didn't. Just asked if that was the selling price & Igor said yes. It doesn't appear DM tried to talk him down at all, just ended the conversation there.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 36s37 seconds ago
DiCiano told the Crown in his testimony that he received a call from Dellen #Millard asking to repainted a truck from black to red.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Apologies for the delay. Current witness: Tony DiCiano, who owns a body shop. #MillardSmich

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Says he called back 1 or 2 days to cancel the paint job order. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross examining. #HamOnt #TimBosma

TD is unclear on the dates when these calls happened. Before his statement to police on May 14, he said. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
P: you only spoke to him one time right? (Yes) when he called back to cancel paint job, he spoke to shop manager? (Yes) #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Millard told DiCiano about truck interior: "Well, I stripped it down but we'll leave it black."

Adam Carter
Feb 8 2016 11:21 AM
Millard called again on May 9 and cancelled the order, Pillay says phone records show.

Adam Carter
Pillay says phone records show Millard called Diciano at 12:26 p.m. on May 8, 2013 twice talking about the truck. The first call went to a message machine.

Adam Carter
Feb 8 2016 11:22 AM
We're now in a recess until 11:40.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 49s49 seconds ago
We're now in a recess until 11:40. #hamont #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Witness is done. Now morning break. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
DiCiano is unclear on the exact dates and times. #Millard lawyer Pillay suggests May 8 call was to make an appointment, May 9 was to cancel.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Millard called on May 8 about the truck getting painted, but cancelled it on May 9, court hears. #HamOnt #TimBosma

Morning recess. #Bosma

Pillay references phone records. Says call btwn TD and DM was on May 8. Call to cancel was on May 9. TD agrees. #Bosma
No cross by Dungey.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
DiCiano under cross by Ravin Pillay. Unclear when Millard initially called him about truck. May have been Tuesday or Wednesday, May 8.

Adam Carter
Millard called again on May 9 and cancelled the order, Pillay says phone records show.

Adam Carter
Pillay says phone records show Millard called Diciano at 12:26 p.m. on May 8, 2013 twice talking about the truck. The first call went to a message machine.

Oh please play the recorded message IN COURT, FOR THE JURY? Pretty please? :phone:

Why do they need a morning break? They just waited on the witness for however long? Just curious
This is painfully slow ... lol

I'm finding the Tweets from the courtroom to be choppy as they try to keep up. We don't appear to be getting full transcripts. I have to believe that the defense lawyers would have jumped all over that detail.

Adam Carter
Feb 8 2016 11:17 AM
Diciano also asked about the truck's interior. "I stripped it down, but we'll leave it black," Diciano says Millard told him.

Does anyone have the interior photos of TB's truck from before it was stolen? I seem to remember the interior was a lighter colour than black. But there are cans of what appears to be black spray paint beside the vehicle in the evidence pick. Would someone spray paint an interior? :waitasec:

Pillay references phone records. Says call btwn TD and DM was on May 8. Call to cancel was on May 9. TD agrees. #Bosma

OK Pillay. Thanks for solidifying that your client had a truck in his possession [that belonged to a missing (then murdered) man] that he wanted to have painted from black to red the very next day. Then called to cancel the day after when he presumably realized the jig was up and he better really start trying to cover his tracks.

I'm finding the Tweets from the courtroom to be choppy as they try to keep up. We don't appear to be getting full transcripts. I have to believe that the defense lawyers would have jumped all over that detail.

I don't think the defence lawyers can rebut each other can they? That detail was brought up by Dungey, after Pillay had done his cross. If he noticed it, it's a little detail he'll have to put in his closing statement I guess?

MOO

You'll also notice that they removed the "turbo diesel" logo from the side of the truck to make it closer to the automatic non diesel red truck that DM owned.

ETA: Okay perhaps not. It's hard to tell in the evidence pic but it could just be because of the way the door is open.

v62qns.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members