Bosma Murder Trial 02.22.16 - Day 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious what the testimony about the proposed drive shed was about. At first I thought it was going to be for DM to show that he was trying to build a farm there, but then I remembered that it is the crown's witness.

Has anyone seen the map of the location where the drive shed was supposed to go? Does it correspond with where they found the incinerator or any of the tarped areas from their searches, I wonder?

It may have been easier for her to maneuver herself in and out because she was alive and able to move her arms and legs of her own volition. I also imagine she needed a ladder to get up in there at the height that the hatch was at. Maneuvering a floppy 6ft, 170lb deadweight would be something completely different, in my opinion.

He was willing to pay a little more for the larger unit, we have seen, but I don't remember them saying that there was a significant price increase for the rolling door.

Now that I think about it, unless they were planning on killing very obese people, the 250lb model would have sufficed, why go with the larger model? Wouldn't that require more fuel?

All my opinion only.

As stated by Penner the SN500 has a 23 cubic foot interior. That really isn't alot of room. I'd imagine the interior of the SN250 is half that at say 12 cubic feet...unless the insulating ceramic (saying ceramic but not sure exactly what this brand uses) is thiner then that of its bigger models.

As for her need of a ladder? I don't think she would unless she was 4'. The incinerator is 10' 5" with the afterburner. That afterburner looks to be a few feet over the top of the incinerator.

TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

Adam Carter

Feb 22 2016 2:05 PM

The door opening on The Eliminator unit seized from Millard's farm is 18.5 inches by 24.5 inches. It weighs 6,000 pounds with the afterburner. It’s 10 feet, five inches tall with the afterburner.

TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

Adam Carter

Feb 22 2016 2:06 PM

The burn chamber volume is 23 cubic feet.

The invoices were exhibits from the Yukon collection. I've attached some close-ups of the writings. PowerPoint slide of all the Yukon exhibits is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HcLKBpswT4UDdFTW1nZXA2REE/view

View attachment 89595View attachment 89596View attachment 89597

Can anyone make out what the crossed out account was?

I try to explain the process of purchasing and booking and assigments:
Millardair received an original invoice (top right pic 2) for the incinerator; the accountant assigned the purchase to a certain account number. It looks like the accountant at that time didn't know there was a deposit paid of $5.000, therefore the accountant booked the full amount invoiced. - Next the accountant saw the cheque of $5.000 when he had to book the bank statements. He didn't know for what purpose the cheque was paid and spoke to DM. DM assumed the invoice for the purchase (incinerator) had gone lost, said to Shane to order a copy. Shane ordered a copy (top right pic 3). Now the accountant learned of the previously unclear processes and was able to assign the amounts (deposit and final payment plus/incl. shipping costs) to a well chosen account (perhaps another than before, so he had possibly to cancel and rebook).
No wonder, that there are many account assignments if the accountant wasn't informed well by his boss re the purchase of something and the payments.

http://avprosoftware.com/aircraft-asset-Management.aspx
By providing a separate database for capital asset management, AvPro Software can enable users with additional management and reporting capabilities for important / expensive machinery, tools, vehicles, computers, phones, software etc. that need to be separately inventoried *, maintained and reported as part of single or multi-location business operation. Keep track of all capital assets and the relationships between them. Make better decisions by ensuring asset and configuration data are visible across key service management processes.

* separately inventoried= each inventory gets it's own number (out of program) and is assigned to an specific account (another number out of accounting plan)

Numbers you see on the invoice and copy maybe inventory numbers or account numbers, perhaps even the license plate (trailer, which is belonging to the incinerator if only used for it and firmly connected).

-.-.-.-

If you find me an accounting plan for MRO, then I will try to search the number/s. :)

Hi - Been following along since the start of the trial but finally have something to post.

I think the scratched out account number on the invoice is GSE account
GSE standing for Ground Support Equipment - the equipment used to service aircraft between flights.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_support_equipment

As the AP person for my company, I write all over quite a few invoices.

Thank you for this! I had guessed General Service Equipment, but Ground Support Equipment makes a lot more sense for the hangar business.

The most interesting thing about the scribbling is that it reveals DM, or someone working for him, was deliberating about how to classify the incinerator for accounting purposes, and they chose garbage/utilities over GSE. The key difference is that garbage/utilities is an expense account and GSE is an asset account.

In an earlier post I described why it is a violation of accounting and tax rules to expense an item like the incinerator all at once. If the incinerator was truly going to be used in the business, it should have been recorded in an asset account (like GSE) and depreciated over time. So why would they expense it? It could have been to reduce the company's income taxes, but that's doubtful IMO. Based on what is known of the company's financial situation, they may not have been paying any tax in the first place. My theory is they just didn't want the incinerator showing on the books year after year. They knew it was a questionable item that may not have had any real business use, so they swept it in to the garbage/utilities account and hoped nobody would ever look back at it. JMO.

I am curious what the testimony about the proposed drive shed was about. At first I thought it was going to be for DM to show that he was trying to build a farm there, but then I remembered that it is the crown's witness.

Has anyone seen the map of the location where the drive shed was supposed to go? Does it correspond with where they found the incinerator or any of the tarped areas from their searches, I wonder?

My guess is that LE has information of other illegal activities (probably the chop shop business) that hasn't been allowed. I believe that they were attempting to show that Millard was considering moving this business to the safe remoteness of his own farm. The incinerator was purchased to rid himself of bodies for the long term, and that what happened to TB was likely his new business model. All speculation on my part but the prosecution is bringing this stuff up for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may have been easier for her to maneuver herself in and out because she was alive and able to move her arms and legs of her own volition. I also imagine she needed a ladder to get up in there at the height that the hatch was at. Maneuvering a floppy 6ft, 170lb deadweight would be something completely different, in my opinion.

He was willing to pay a little more for the larger unit, we have seen, but I don't remember them saying that there was a significant price increase for the rolling door.

Now that I think about it, unless they were planning on killing very obese people, the 250lb model would have sufficed, why go with the larger model? Wouldn't that require more fuel?

All my opinion only.

That's the thing, they were killing random people. They didn't want that weight restriction to be an issue. Again, it shows a longer term plan than just being used for LB and TB. I firmly believe that they were planning on using that thing many more times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why a personal gmail account was used as opposed to a company email account. I find that odd. If you're doing company business I would think you would use a company email.

I'm not sure we've seen any company emails for MillardAir? Dellen had a hotmail, Shane gmail.

A few important reminders:

This is the Bosma trial thread. DM and MS are on trial and nobody else is charged. Leave speculation about the involvement of others out of this thread.

Do not state your opinion or speculation as fact. If it is fact, you must provide a link or be able to do so. If it is only your opinion, then please make it very clear with JMO, MOO, IMO

There are no verified experts in this thread. If posting legal information, back it up with appropriate links.

And finally, watch your quotes. What takes posters 4 to 5 minutes to type, can take a Mod 1/2 hour to 45 minutes cleaning up the convoluted mess that transpires. Please be courteous.

:tyou:

What do you mean by "watch your quotes". I would feel terrible if I caused you extra work, but I'm not sure what type of quote errors I could be making that create a mess for you.

As stated by Penner the SN500 has a 23 cubic foot interior. That really isn't alot of room. I'd imagine the interior of the SN250 is half that at say 12 cubic feet...unless the insulating ceramic (saying ceramic but not sure exactly what this brand uses) is thiner then that of its bigger models.

As for her need of a ladder? I don't think she would unless she was 4'. The incinerator is 10' 5" with the afterburner. That afterburner looks to be a few feet over the top of the incinerator.

TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

Adam Carter

Feb 22 2016 2:05 PM

The door opening on The Eliminator unit seized from Millard's farm is 18.5 inches by 24.5 inches. It weighs 6,000 pounds with the afterburner. It’s 10 feet, five inches tall with the afterburner.

TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

Adam Carter

Feb 22 2016 2:06 PM

The burn chamber volume is 23 cubic feet.

I don't know how to post photos here, but the picture of her standing beside the machine shows that the hatch opening is approximately at a height between her shoulders and elbow. Unless she climbed in head first, or is a professional athlete, it would have been very unlikely that she climbed in without the assistance of either a ladder or something else to stand on, perhaps the incinerator itself, because the opening was higher than her hips. She couldn't just lift her leg up into the hatch and step in from standing in the ground. That's not really a matter of opinion, it is simple physics and human anatomy.

My point is that dead people cannot stand on things to help maneuver themselves through that opening. It still would have been far easier for them to have gone with the large roll up door, no matter how living people may enter it.

My opinion only.

What do you mean by "watch your quotes". I would feel terrible if I caused you extra work, but I'm not sure what type of quote errors I could be making that create a mess for you.

I think it's referring to the newer members who have posted a few quotes missing the ']' at the end, so that it isn't in its own quote bubble.

Edit - I tried to give an example of the key functions needed, but it just made a confusing quote in the middle of the explanation. But basically they have to end with [/QUOTE] and start with the same but minus the slash.

afj21z.png

http://www.chch.com/bosma-day-12/

Does this letter mean that the incinerator did not come with the propane tank?

Using the "reply with quote" feature has caused some issues with how the post appears. It happened with a few of my posts and I was able to edit to fix but may have missed a few. It usually doesn't happen, a glitch right now I think.

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
I'm back at the Tim #Bosma murder trial today. We start at 9:30 with legal arguments. By now you should know what that means: no tweeting.

Does this letter mean that the incinerator did not come with the propane tank?

That's right. One of the guys yesterday mentioned that the incinerator can be fueled by diesel, propane, or natural gas -- whichever best suits the owner's needs.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50 Min.Vor 50 Minuten
Indicator that #Bosma trial is in its 4th week: Dellen Millard's legal team from Toronto is greeting regular spectators like old friends.

So, what would stop the spectators from publicizing what is said while the jury is not present?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12 Std.Vor 12 Stunden
Susan Clairmont hat Andrew Goodfellow retweetet
A contempt of court charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads