Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :) - and now again: To what person did DM say "The suits are here", as it couldn't have been the accountant?
I took that as being DM saying it to himself and LE, like making a disarming declaration. He could have said "I'm not surprised that you're here, but you're not going to get me on anything" or "I know one of my guys ratted me out and I'm one step ahead of you" . Instead he just greeted them by saying "the suits are here!" MOO

Just jumping off your post...

If we really look at those two days, we may be able to see why DM chose to keep those items by giving them to other people. I'd imagine that CN said a big hell no to hiding an illegal gun in her parent's house so maybe that's why she only ended up with the DVR.

We heard testimony that AJ took the pictures on May 9th and called the VIN into crimestoppers. He got the positive ID and went home after work to talk to his family, which included his wife, daughter and SS. Now the information he gave them was that he knew the truck in the hangar belonged to TB and that he had not told LE where it was at that time. SS got angry and probably told him to "leave it alone". Not to call LE. And it appears that AJ took that advice and went to work the next day without calling LE. So it's very possible that SS notified DM of what AJ had said and done, telling him that he thought it would be okay because he had convinced AJ not to call LE. Perhaps DM decided, to be safe if LE did actually show up at the hangar because of that call to crimestoppers, to move some evidence around "just in case". He likely didn't think anything would come of it and wanted to keep those expensive and useful items but that might also explain why he didn't start moving the evidence out of the hangar until the evening of the 9th.

Now on the 10th, DM was dropping off the lockbox at 4am. He then went to the hangar to meet with his accountant. (I am guessing the accountant was called in to help him find the incinerator file?). When LE showed up at the hangar, there was no one else there other than DM and the accountant. This leads me to believe it was before SS and AJ showed up for "work" or they should also have been there when LE showed up. I think AJ said he usually got to work around 9am? So if LE showed up before 9am, DM must have thought that AJ did actually call LE regarding the truck being in the hangar, against the advice from SS (hence his lack of surprise when the "suits" showed up?)

So according to AJ, he worked on the 10th until sometime after lunch when he went to the Home Depot to pick up wood. When he returned to the hangar after that he said that DM and SS were in the office area having an "exchange". I'd imagine this was the first chance DM had gotten to talk to SS alone without AJ there to discuss the fact that LE had shown up that morning. And so when AJ returned, they both probably thought that AJ had tipped off LE and he was fired. DM probably also knew at that time that he needed to figure out a way to actually get rid of evidence, knowing that he was likely being watched at that point. What he didn't know is that AJ had NOT tipped off LE and that were already well into their investigation of him when they showed up at the hangar and that he had essentially run out of time to actually get rid of anything.

MOO

Seems a logical explanation to me how events potentially unfolded.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member