Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whom did DM address at the hangar when he said "The suits are here" - IF there were no one around except the accountant who saw it by himself?

Maybe the DVR is more damning to DM than MS and it was MM who told police that CN had it? We have to remember that MS was out for a while before being arrested and if he knew where the gun was then he knew where the DVR was as well.

MOO
IMO, if CN or any of DM's friends for that matter, had faith that the "Great DM" was going to get the charges thrown out or to get bail, they may have been concerned about doing anything against his wishes. DM has always maintained his innocence and up until the second set of charges, I think he seemed confident that he was getting out sooner than later.

IMO, DM kind of had psychopathic tilted mob structure happening with DM as the "Boss", SS, CN & MS and everyone else were his Captains or Soldiers. People like MWJ would have been an Associate. SS's behaviour with his FIL would support my hypothesis and IMHO, if DM didn't have more pressing issues, AJ may have had to be taken care of, just like LB and heaven knows who else. Once in DM's little mob, there were benefits: jobs, transportation, housing, money & drugs. Propane deliveries=membership cancellations. MOO

And totally off topic- I was just thinking what kind of info LE would have on me if they took me away today. A DVR full of recordings of "How to get away with Murder" and "Forensic Files", computer searches for incinerators, destroying hard drives with acid, destroying DNA, permanently removing blood. Is there a WS defence? lol

Just jumping off your post...

If we really look at those two days, we may be able to see why DM chose to keep those items by giving them to other people. I'd imagine that CN said a big hell no to hiding an illegal gun in her parent's house so maybe that's why she only ended up with the DVR.

We heard testimony that AJ took the pictures on May 9th and called the VIN into crimestoppers. He got the positive ID and went home after work to talk to his family, which included his wife, daughter and SS. Now the information he gave them was that he knew the truck in the hangar belonged to TB and that he had not told LE where it was at that time. SS got angry and probably told him to "leave it alone". Not to call LE. And it appears that AJ took that advice and went to work the next day without calling LE. So it's very possible that SS notified DM of what AJ had said and done, telling him that he thought it would be okay because he had convinced AJ not to call LE. Perhaps DM decided, to be safe if LE did actually show up at the hangar because of that call to crimestoppers, to move some evidence around "just in case". He likely didn't think anything would come of it and wanted to keep those expensive and useful items but that might also explain why he didn't start moving the evidence out of the hangar until the evening of the 9th.

Now on the 10th, DM was dropping off the lockbox at 4am. He then went to the hangar to meet with his accountant. (I am guessing the accountant was called in to help him find the incinerator file?). When LE showed up at the hangar, there was no one else there other than DM and the accountant. This leads me to believe it was before SS and AJ showed up for "work" or they should also have been there when LE showed up. I think AJ said he usually got to work around 9am? So if LE showed up before 9am, DM must have thought that AJ did actually call LE regarding the truck being in the hangar, against the advice from SS (hence his lack of surprise when the "suits" showed up?)

So according to AJ, he worked on the 10th until sometime after lunch when he went to the Home Depot to pick up wood. When he returned to the hangar after that he said that DM and SS were in the office area having an "exchange". I'd imagine this was the first chance DM had gotten to talk to SS alone without AJ there to discuss the fact that LE had shown up that morning. And so when AJ returned, they both probably thought that AJ had tipped off LE and he was fired. DM probably also knew at that time that he needed to figure out a way to actually get rid of evidence, knowing that he was likely being watched at that point. What he didn't know is that AJ had NOT tipped off LE and that were already well into their investigation of him when they showed up at the hangar and that he had essentially run out of time to actually get rid of anything.

MOO

I totally agree with your thoughts here Kamille......that's what I think went down behind the scenes. I can't see to locate the testimony about who was present when LE visited DM at the hangar on the 10th.....can you point me in the right direction? From AJ's testimony I thought he was at Home Depot when LE came to visit......but it could have been that he found out about the visit after he came back from Home Depot (not that the visit happened while he was gone)....frustrating part of tweets.....I'm still digging....

ok - reading Marc Carcasole's tweet for AJ testimony I definitely understand it to be that SS and AJ were at the hangar in the am.....they went to Home Depot for parts for the trailer (that they were rushing to get done), they were gone about an hour and when they came back found out that LE had been there (and then AJ fired). So my opinion is that LE visited after SS and AJ showed up for work, but while they were away at Home Depot. MOO
eta

I've read through the testimony from both officers who visited DM at the hangar on the 10th.....doesn't clarify much for me...

Slightly off-topic, but I was just thinking about how the Millard family seems to fit that stereotype of rich families squandering their wealth by the third generation. Carl built the empire, Wayne did his best to maintain it, and Dellen threw it away. I'm not sure if the phenomenon has ever been statistically or scientifically proven, but it is a well-known stereotype and the Millards seem to fit it well.
IIRC, CM married into money, so it may not have happened in 3 generations. CM's Millardair filed for bankruptcy in 1990 and it never resurfaced as a carrier of any significance. IMO, CM did his best and was one of those old time renegade pilots-operators. Upon CM's death, WM decided to put the bottle down and invest his inheritance in a dream. So, IMHO, WM was the one who actually squandered it with his dream that Millardair and his son would find success. DM is just an extension of WM's actions. MOO

Thanks MsS. I'm just heading into the courtroom to attend the trial today, so I won't be able to follow on the forums. I'm looking forward to catching up when I get home tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whom did DM address at the hangar when he said "The suits are here" - IF there were no one around except the accountant who saw it by himself?

wasn't SS at the hangar with DM? I thought AJ was sent to home depot to get wood floor for trailer and when her returned he saw DM and SS in a heated conversation in the office and learned later the police were there. DM asked him to leave so he did and then went to police.

wasn't SS at the hangar with DM? I thought AJ was sent to home depot to get wood floor for trailer and when her returned he saw DM and SS in a heated conversation in the office and learned later the police were there. DM asked him to leave so he did and then went to police.

I wonder if he still would have gone to the police if he wasn't fired that day? Or if LE had not showed up.

Was it ever explained how he missed seeing the broken passenger side window?

I wonder if he still would have gone to the police if he wasn't fired that day? Or if LE had not showed up.

Was it ever explained how he missed seeing the broken passenger side window?

no and it confuses me why cross examination never asked him if the window was broken..why he never saw that the window was broken and if the truck was in such disarray why he waited 2 days to report it? Seems like he is being protected somehow by the crown, clearly he saw more and knew more than was testified IMO

Thanks MsS. I'm just heading into the courtroom to attend the trial today, so I won't be able to follow on the forums. I'm looking forward to catching up when I get home tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous visitors to the courtroom have been able to share their experience and observations ......I am quite certain that I am not the only one looking forward to what you have to say when you get back to the forum.

It would appear that Eco Pro is now the distributor for the incinerators. The biggest difference between the roll back lid and hatch is the width of the unit. The standard hatch type is 4'9" and the roll back is 8'. IMHO, this could be significant if it was going to go on a trailer and may be the reason why the standard hatch was ordered. MOO

http://www.ecoconcepts.org/images/PDF/ECO-500F.pdf

If using the incinerator for disposing of human bodies was the reason for buying it, it makes no sense at all to go with the smaller hatch style door when a larger one more suited to large awkward objects was available. Since the trailer was custom made by them, why would it matter what length the incinerator was? They could custom build the trailer to any size needed.

If the incinerator was intended for garbage disposal at the hanger, I can see the smaller hatch door making sense, as you wouldn't want smaller, lighter trash to blow out while the door was open for loading.

no and it confuses me why cross examination never asked him if the window was broken..why he never saw that the window was broken and if the truck was in such disarray why he waited 2 days to report it? Seems like he is being protected somehow by the crown, clearly he saw more and knew more than was testified IMO

I think it's unfair to accuse AJ of his initial concerns which he quite rightly had. He could not do much more than he did, IMO.

I agree, and there are a lot of questions that I wished were asked in court, not just to him, but to others as well. Every day I have more questions.

I noticed that the forensic experts today mentioned that they were looking for evidence of artificial joints, but no mention on if TB had any artificial joints, or pins or staples. Likewise, I would have liked to have heard whether or not TB had any metal fillings in his teeth. I hope that an expert will explain the composition of the metal bits, and if any may have been fillings, or if they are buttons from his jeans or bullets or what.

My opinion only.

IIRC, CM married into money, so it may not have happened in 3 generations. CM's Millardair filed for bankruptcy in 1990 and it never resurfaced as a carrier of any significance. IMO, CM did his best and was one of those old time renegade pilots-operators. Upon CM's death, WM decided to put the bottle down and invest his inheritance in a dream. So, IMHO, WM was the one who actually squandered it with his dream that Millardair and his son would find success. DM is just an extension of WM's actions. MOO

DM had no ambitions - ha! - to lead MRO aviation, but he would certainly have made a lot of money, if he had not become a criminal. IMO

Tweets from Marc Carcasole - BBM

We're back. Jennings says he and his son in law had to go to Home Depot for more flooring for the trailer they were making for #Millard. Feb 04, 2016

Getting the flooring took about an hour recalls Jennings. #MillardSmich Feb 04, 2016

They get back, Jennings says his son in law & DM begin having a discussion about 150 ft away. Feb 04, 2016

Jennings says his son in law & #Millard's discussion became "intense...deep." Started looking toward him. Feb 04, 2016

Jennings says his son in law gave him a funny look. He had a feeling "something's not right here." #MillardSmich Feb 04, 2016

Jennings says #Millard opened a door, told him to come over and told him to "go home." Jennings clarified "all my stuff?" DM Reply: "Yes." Feb 04, 2016

That's when I realized the police had been there, says Jennings. Asked his SIL for help gathering his stuff...Told "No, I've got errands." Feb 04, 2016

I think it's unfair to accuse AJ of his initial concerns which he quite rightly had. He could not do much more than he did, IMO.

I don't think that anyone is accusing AJ of a crime, but I do think that he could have done much more than he did. He could have called crime stoppers as soon as he had a suspicion, he didn't need the VIN number. He could told them where it was when he did call. He could have not told his son in law that he called crime stoppers, it is anonymous after all, DM would never have known it was him, and even if he had suspected, it would have been to late to do anything about it.

If he had done any one those things, it could have gone much differently, there would have been less time to hide/destroy evidence and SB would have had less days of agonizing wait.

All my opinion only.

I agree, and there are a lot of questions that I wished were asked in court, not just to him, but to others as well. Every day I have more questions.

I noticed that the forensic experts today mentioned that they were looking for evidence of artificial joints, but no mention on if TB had any artificial joints, or pins or staples. Likewise, I would have liked to have heard whether or not TB had any metal fillings in his teeth. I hope that an expert will explain the composition of the metal bits, and if any may have been fillings, or if they are buttons from his jeans or bullets or what.

My opinion only.

BBM - I think the forensic expert was outlining their normal procedure.....We look for "a/b/c" to help us determine age/sex/COD/etc. I don't think looking for artificial joints had anything to do specifically with TB, just that as part of their standard of practice they follow those steps which would help them identify the victim. MOO

Hi all - I will transcribe Adam Carter's live blog today. I don't have Twitter so that's the easiest one for me to follow. :) If I have to stop for any reason I'll let you know in the main thread.

Tweets from Marc Carcasole - BBM

We're back. Jennings says he and his son in law had to go to Home Depot for more flooring for the trailer they were making for #Millard. Feb 04, 2016

Getting the flooring took about an hour recalls Jennings. #MillardSmich Feb 04, 2016

They get back, Jennings says his son in law & DM begin having a discussion about 150 ft away. Feb 04, 2016

Jennings says his son in law & #Millard's discussion became "intense...deep." Started looking toward him. Feb 04, 2016

Jennings says his son in law gave him a funny look. He had a feeling "something's not right here." #MillardSmich Feb 04, 2016

Jennings says #Millard opened a door, told him to come over and told him to "go home." Jennings clarified "all my stuff?" DM Reply: "Yes." Feb 04, 2016

That's when I realized the police had been there, says Jennings. Asked his SIL for help gathering his stuff...Told "No, I've got errands." Feb 04, 2016

Thank you :) - and now again: To what person did DM say "The suits are here", as it couldn't have been the accountant?

I don't believe the reporters are tweeting every single word from the witnesses. They're simply providing us with the highlights absent the filler. IMO, just because we don't see it covered by MSM doesn't mean it wasn't asked. Only a transcript would give us all of those details. MOO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden
I will be at the Tim #Bosma murder trial today starting at 10am. Wondering though if all lawyers/witnesses/jurors will make it in. #HamOnt

Better the accused also. :)

Hwy407.jpg

Hwy 407

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads