Bosma Murder Trial 02.29.16 - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep saying this but what if Igor hadn't seen the Ambition tattoo?

But he did. So, the "what if" game could run all over the map, literally. He did, and that set the wheels in motion.

4th glove is in the Yukon inside the bag with the incinerator receipt

Looks like gray ashes on it ..... similar to the incinerator clean-out tool

Said the same earlier. That *could* have been the 4th glove or it could have been the one they found at the farm. I'd really love to know for sure, one way or the other. That glove in the bag has white/gray-ish discoloration in places a different style glove wouldn't have - especially on the back of it, which would be at the top/back of the hand. It does look like ash. :(

Thanks matou

Here's the pic of the other canvas bag that was found at Maple Gate

mjv5e8.png

The little bloodstain wasn't identified; maybe it was an old stain from 2012? There has to be a reason for naming DM's DNA on the bag but not naming the source of the stain. I'm waiting .....

Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
People keep saying this but what if Igor hadn't seen the Ambition tattoo?
ABro I think of this everyday as I read through these threads. Since the Audrey Gleave and Tim Bosma murder I find myself much more observant of details around me and suspicious behaviour. Thank goodness IT remembered the tatoo.

Why was LE able to identify a small tattoo although IT's description wasn't completely correct (missing frame), I wonder. One of several coincidences and good luck. Unfortunately too late to find Tim still alive.

I haven't heard anything today about DM being cockey and smiling around the courtroom.....waving. For anyone who was there has his demeanour changed?

One tweeter (journalist, I think SC) answered to someone who asked for the behavior: (They are) quiet.

The spots were plenty but small, so my guess is was just drips through the seat bolt holes (which was done on the tarp..Hense blood found on it). The drips seem to be consistent with vehicle movement. But that would mean the seats came out (blood dripped through bolt holes) then drove truck somewhere before loading it into the trailer. The blood in the wheelwell and rear tire could be seepage thru the bottom of the door (doors are not air tight) the blood would run down the truck side and into wheelwell.

Maybe the hanger video will explanation more.

bbm

Where would the driver have been sitting on if the seats were already removed?

Here is the DNA presentation that can be downloaded for those that want to have it permanently available for future reference.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6368686-blood-found-likely-tim-bosma-s-court-hears/

I am curious to hear more about the 'Diesel murse', because I do not believe we have heard any testimony about how/when/why it was obtained from DM's residence, etc. Seems that most of the other evidence we are hearing about has come with a prelude about how it came to be in LE possession. I'm sure we will hear more about that!

Those were some shocking matches (imho) for the blood/DNA evidence. Even if there were another individual walking around that was out of 18 trillion people to have that same DNA makeup, that person would also have had to be inside TB's truck. Wow. Fat chance. Busted.

Can't wait to hear the evidence placing MS in the first degree murder situation. Seems he may have been driving the Yukon. Who is to say that DM didn't kill TB while he was driving alone with TB as passenger, and while MS was in the Yukon?

Regarding the blood on the exterior of the vehicle... is it possible that after TB was shot, perhaps even more than once, he was still alive, and tried to exit the vehicle while it was moving, and fell under the truck and got run over, on top of being gravely injured by the bullet(s)?

I was so shocked to hear evidence that CN's DNA was on the gloves. Wondering what exactly her full participation was?

Why was LE able to identify a small tattoo although IT's description wasn't completely correct (missing frame), I wonder. One of several coincidences and good luck. Unfortunately too late to find Tim still alive.

I don't think the missing frame made much of a difference. I think most people in the general public heard about this clue on the radio or in print, where there would have been no mention of the tattoo. It was the content and the position of the tattoo that gave Millard away. I have no doubt that Igor was the key to breaking this case wide open as quickly as it was. I think he would have been caught eventually anyway, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now 4 adults not wanting to call....so what were they afraid of.
That pretty much screams that they all knew that DM was up to a whole lot of no good...and not the person to be reporting to Crimestoppers be it anonymous or not.
You are absolutely right about SB's early pleas on television---heartbreaking.

A lot of times people have their own little schemes going on and the don't want LE attention.

Burner phone and incinerator were thought of before the crime. I suspect he didn't factor in the heat would be on him so quick after the fact, if at all. And that's where he's sloppy. Again very consistent with a narcissist personality.

But the test drive with Igor was before the crime, or the "heat" as you call it. The fact that he had used the burner to contact Igor, and that Igor could now identify him, meant the burner phone had been compromised. If Millard was indeed planning a murder, why not spend another $30 and get a new burner?

bbm

Where would the driver have been sitting on if the seats were already removed?

Yes that is the weird part I don't understand. Other then a milk crate and being automatic, I don't have an answer.

Morning thoughts:

-I think they would have eventually been caught even without Igor. Too many people knew.

-I think DM was messy in general (see interior of his truck) and not as good at detail-oriented thinking as he believed he was. Arrogance didn't help. I also don't believe he's all that tech-savvy, and that cost him. That said ...

-I also think a lot of the actions some perceive as sloppy or stupid towards the end (such as the DVR shenanigans) were because he ran out of time when he realized the hammer was on the way down.

So: IMO, the murder was planned, although I'm still mystified as to why it happened inside the truck. Additionally, the plan was too complicated, and too many people knew. DM thought he was far smarter than he actually was.

I believe it's just that he's taller than MS, who is 5'9".

I remember reading in one of the newspaper reports, I believe from earlier court appearances in the beginning, that DM sat 'a full head height' above MS.

I am 5'11" and have stood not too far from DM and MS when they entered and left the courtroom. MS was shorter than me and DM was taller. If MS is 5'9" I would put DM around 6'1".

Yes that is the weird part I don't understand. Other then a milk crate and being automatic, I don't have an answer.

Just one question....respectfully...where do you think they were going in TB's truck ???

IMHO
The best guess is that TB's truck was likely last used to collect the incinerator from the farm...and honestly, I don't think they removed the seats prior to doing just that.
And if you think about it---someone drove that same truck from Ancaster to Breslau already and to do one more run to the farm would not likely have disturbed their sensibilities
The seats were removed when TB's truck was taken inside the hangar and stripped out (remember the truck appeared to have been staged on the green tarp when AJ snapped his photo.) on Wed morning when he returned to work.

But he did. So, the "what if" game could run all over the map, literally. He did, and that set the wheels in motion.

It's not a "what if" game. I'm not really fond of those. I'm just pointing out that there can be all the evidence in the world, but if you can't find it, it's not much help.

Found the article, it is from April 2015.

Millard and Smich were both in the courtroom, sitting as far from each other as possible in the prisoners' box.

Millard, a full head taller than his co-accused, looked thin and sickly compared to when he was arrested nearly two years ago. His hair is now shoulder length and scraggly and he has a moustache and soul patch.

His demeanour hasn't changed, though. He smiled at a journalist, nodded to homicide detectives and swiveled around in his seat to study the courtroom.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5543421-bosma-pretrial-open-to-public-after-media-challenge/

Just one question....where do you think they were going in TB's truck ???

IMHO
The best guess is that TB's truck was likely last used to collect the incinerator from the farm...and honestly, I don't think they removed the seats prior to doing just that.
And if you think about it---someone drove that same truck from Ancaster to Breslau already and to do one more run to the farm would not likely have disturbed their sensibilities
The seats were removed when TB's truck was taken inside the hangar and stripped out (remember the truck appeared to have been staged on the green tarp when AJ snapped his photo.) on Wed morning when he returned to work.

Yes, but would blood seep through intact bolts? My guess is no, unless the bolts were really loose. Blood spatter under truck just doesn't seem to be from a "run over" but rather motion dripping. Seeing they are plentiful but small. Blood on the muffler (shows pass side) and rest of droplets are pass side from where the seats bolt to rear axle.
If it were a run down, you'd think there would be a big blood stain under the truck or front/rear bumper? IMO, I don't believe he was ran down (which my original post came from)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214