Bosma Murder Trial 03.02.16 - Day 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was interesting that they mentioned the serial number of Smich's iPad. They've mentioned a number of devices but have not mentioned a SN for any of them but Smich's.

Not to mention, if the picture were completely irrelevant I'm sure the defence would object, given their track record of legal arguments so far IMO

Exactly! In fact, I am betting this photo was part of one of the legal arguments that took place without the jury present. If that is the case, and the judge ruled to allow it to be included...there has to be some relevance. MOO

I know my opinion is unpopular. I'm not trying to stick up for anyone in particular. I was a friend of TB's. But I will stand by my opinion. It will be hard for MM to ever move on from this if everyone remembers her as some murderer's slinky girlfriend, the one in the push-up bra.

I agree with you, billandrew. I don't find your opinion to be off-base. I have compassion toward the friends, family and acquaintances that have been pulled into this mess.

I thought it was interesting that they mentioned the serial number of Smich's iPad. They've mentioned a number of devices but have not mentioned a SN for any of them but Smich's.

Exactly what I noticed too, andreww! IMO, it's significant that it was mentioned when others were not. I still have hope that it will be relevant to LB as well! :)

Exactly! In fact, I am betting this photo was part of one of the legal arguments that took place without the jury present. If that is the case, and the judge ruled to allow it to be included...there has to be some relevance. MOO

When MM gets up on the stand and tells everything she knows, the jury will be able to see that this girl had a relationship with him. It wasn't just a fling, it was a real relationship and they were close. It helps solidify that ratting him out must have been hard for her, that it wasn't just a fleeting affair.

ETA I see ADAWG has answered my question as to the relevance of intimate photos.

I agree! For one she is not on trial, nor accused in any way. Regardless of what went on or is going on in the background, I feel they should have "covered up" the pics to show her face only? Or is that not allowed? I really take exception to this, however I have little knowledge of legal proceedings.

Just wondering, do you also take offence to young girls wearing skimpy bikinis in public places like the beach? Or to the fact that, as previously stated, she has posted this same picture publicly on Facebook? Just curious why you're offended, not belittling your opinion.

Yes they were. It doesn't look like AM is pursuing this pastime any longer. Guess the gravy train dried up.

AFAIK he is full time working. No companion for late awaking CEOs and unemployed maybe-addicts.

Interesting date....no mention of the actual day in July?
Any pictures of MS & MM say in June...or possible May...on that iPad??

I keep thinking it's SL, LB and her dog and that it's SL's IPAD..Did SL ever release the serial# of that missing IPAD? Does anyone know if you reset an IPAD from another user does it still contain things from a previous owner?

Kind of gives us a bit of an idea as to why there are so many sessions without the Jury present. Don't quite know how they'd let the Jury know that the iPad was SL's on loan to LB, and that she was presumed dead without implicating DM & MS. Tricky.

I think they mentioned the serial number because it shows that it was the same one the backups on DM's computer belonged to.

When MM gets up on the stand and tells everything she knows, the jury will be able to see that this girl had a relationship with him. It wasn't just a fling, it was a real relationship and they were close. It helps solidify that ratting him out must have been hard for her, that it wasn't just a fleeting affair.

Replying to my own post to add, we also have to keep in mind that all of these images will be time stamped. It very well could be used to determine approx when MS gained possession of the iPad (if it was indeed LBs) and all the pictures tell a story of timeline. In order for the crown to argue that he confided in MM, they need to establish how long they have been together etc and evidence needs to be admitted into court to back that up.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 38s39 seconds ago
Justice Andrew Goodman at #TimBosma trial is a very prompt judge, which is not all that common. When he says 2:10, he means 2:10

Yeah, highly disturbing to me too, especially since the Steam profile was created around the time WM died. Not sure if the photo was necessarily added that time too, but still....

Don't forget: maybe he was his own visagist in creating the pic. He had studied something along that.

it cannot be forgotten that both DM and MS could have spared them a lot of the speculation had they each agreed to plead guilty

It will come out after the trial is over if my hypothesis is correct, but I would be very surprised if either or both defense counsel did not try to negotiate with the Crown to have the accused (one or both) plead guilty to second-degree murder (or manslaughter - possible, but less likely given the circumstances).

The Crown would have rejected this because they felt sure they had sufficient evidence to prosecute for first-degree murder. Thus one or the other accused may be hoping that the jury will decide that he/they are guilty of a lesser offense.

The same thing happened in the Bernardo case, but it wasn't made public till after the jury's verdict. In his case, he agreed to plead guilty to second degree murder and spare the families the ordeal of the videotapes. He was certain to be locked up indefinitely anyway because of all his rape charges (which led to his being designated a Dangerous Offender with virtually no chance of release ever).

IIRC Bernardo insisted on going to trial because he maintained that although he had done all the assaults, rapes etc. he had not actually killed the two girls (in that I agree with him -- evidence points to Homolka, but it was too late to deal with that). Rosen did a good job challenging Homolka's self-serving testimony, but in the end the tapes spoke for themselves. Even if the jury disbelieved Homolka, there was ample evidence of the assaults and because the deaths occurred as a consequence of kidnapping and sexual assault (and forcible confinement), PB was guilty of first degree murder whether or not he actually strangled the girls.

Hard to know what the motives and expectations of the current accused might be, and I wouldn't want to guess. But I do think their attorneys recommended a guilty plea and made such an offer, one that was rejected; I consider this highly likely because of the many precedents and specifically the Bernardo case.

Pics of MM in a push-up bra. Regardless of what I might conclude about her based on her involvement with MS, I feel bad for her. It is unfortunate that her pics have to be shown to the world. JMO

Wasn't she underage at the time?

Can't wait to see the evidence slides from today- could be interesting stuff. MOO

Exactly what I noticed too, andreww! IMO, it's significant that it was mentioned when others were not. I still have hope that it will be relevant to LB as well! :)

You have to remember that it is also the only device being tied back to another location though. Its probably more than likely that they just want to ensure there is no doubt that this was of a backup of that exact iPad that was found in Smich's bedroom.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Jury is back and forensic computer officer is resuming his testimony

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
From Millard's photo files: Millard's driver's license; Millard selfies; his passport; race car photo...most taken with iPhone.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
We're back. Falconer back on the stand.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Jury is seeing a sampling of the 79 picture files associated to Dellen Millard.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 58s58 seconds ago
Also screen captures of messages, maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members