Bosma Murder Trial 03.07.16 - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 42s42 seconds ago
Cloud of lead, barium and antemone create microscopic droplets.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Most of it comes from muzzle of gun.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He is explaining science behind GSR, which occurs when a firearm is discharged. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
In this case he examined a toolbox as well as sample kits sent to CFS by @HamiltonPolice (taken from the truck) #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Looking at a GSR sampling kit distributed to all police services in Ontario.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
Demonstrating how to use dabber to collect GSR. Jury has heard this before.

Antimony, maybe? (not a chemist)

[/B]
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 52s52 seconds ago
He has previously testified in court around 100 times.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 44s44 seconds ago
Gerard is qualified as a witness.

RSBM

I always wonder, what does the expert say the first time, second time, tenth time they testify? "Hi, yes, this is my first time testifying....but believe me, I am an expert." I know they have to start somewhere, it just struck me as somewhat comical.

Perhaps he thought laundry detergent was bleach. ;) Not the brightest crayon in the box? Re: the bottle of laundry detergent found in the back of his Yukon. MOO.

Sheesh, I hope it was HE? Could you imagine the bubbles?

Thanks for picking up tweets this afternoon, swedie!

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s27 seconds ago
Gunshot residue = lead, antemone and barium; ejected from gun in a cloud vapour, they condense into drops and fall on shooter hand, etc

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s20 seconds ago
Toolbox was examined by Gerard on June 19, 2013. Jury seeing photos of a black and yellow toolbox. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s13 seconds ago
June 19, 2013 he examined a toolbox. Yellow and black. Small with handle. #Bosma

Finally! The toolbox evidence! Yay! :)

All MOO.

I'm not 100% sure they ever found all the glass. Anyone know for sure?

Haven't heard anything about them finding more glass as of yet....as far as I can recall. But if Tim was shot close to home AND it was indeed the gun shot that blew out the window, doesn't it stand to reason that they could have potentially found pieces of glass somewhere along the road or in the field where they indicated the chase vehicle was parked? If they found glass...I'm sure we'll hear about it at some point. MOO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Now we see a photos of a yellow toolbox. Tested for gunpowder. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Toolbox has two compartments that open on the lid. Inside has a removable tray. #Bosma

Photo showing two small compartments on lid of toolbox. Next photo shows toolbox open. Removable tray inside. We're seeing toolbox empty.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s34 seconds ago
Examined whole toolbox for GSR.

I'm not 100% sure they ever found all the glass. Anyone know for sure?

There has been no testimony yet whether the interior skin of the passenger door was removed yet (if that was done and I can't imagine why it wouldn't have been. Forensics must have done that in order to get what was left of the window out. Perhaps the glass was found inside the door? If DM rolled down the window just after shooting TB, but the window glass stayed in tact until after he rolled it down, it could have crumbled inside the door. MOO.

Wishing this juror well. MOO.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Gerard examined a toolbox, and samples that came from Tim Bosma's truck.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Assistant Crown Craig Fraser is first asking about a toolbox examined in June of 2013.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC now
A juror seems to have an issue - they're being excused for the day.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 46s46 seconds ago
Appears to have been some sort of medical issue.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 19s19 seconds ago
So that's it for us today. Back tomorrow at 10 a.m

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Judge just excused #Bosma jury for the day

Toolbox is plastic, Stanley brand...dabbed inside tray. Analyzed with standing electron microscope...jury suddenly excused at own request.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 41s41 seconds ago
We're unsure what happened. A juror appears to be ill. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s16 seconds ago
Trial unexpectedly adjourned now for the day. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
One juror wasn't feeling well. Had to leave quickly. We are back tomorrow, but I'll have today's story at 6 @CHCHNews

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Talk about a cliff-hanger!!!!! We've been waiting for the tool box testimony!!!!!

There are currently 118 users browsing this thread. (44 members and 74 guests)

I'm hoping the juror will be OK!

I'm also hoping that when we hear the testimony continue that the "standing electron microscope" will have revealed GSR in the toolbox!

All MOO.

Toolbox is plastic, Stanley brand...dabbed inside tray. Analyzed with standing electron microscope...jury suddenly excused at own request.

this must be the yellow toolbox we saw in the earlier pictures from DM's hard drive

Except for the fact that both SB and WDB saw him get in the truck with Tim and DM and drive away. Did DM stop and let MS out first? For that matter, there's actually no evidence DM was in the truck at the time of the murder. They could have pulled over, DM got out, MS took the wheel... etc.

All we know so far, is that those 2 left the Bosma residence in the truck with Tim, and Tim was dead within moments. I suppose the Crown has plenty of evidence if they intend to prove they BOTH shot him, and that is what they have stated they intend to prove.

Correction - Neither of the accused was ID'd by SB just a "short guy" and a "taller guy". Igor Id'd MS for a previous test drive, no murder took place.

We have more proof of DM's involvement (web records showing he searched for these car listings, phone records, finger prints on vehicle, vehicle and remains on property). On the otherhand, we have nothing on MS except phone records that place him in the general area with DM.

So no solid evidence that puts MS in the truck at time of murder.

Haven't heard anything about them finding more glass as of yet....as far as I can recall. But if Tim was shot close to home AND it was indeed the gun shot that blew out the window, doesn't it stand to reason that they could have potentially found pieces of glass somewhere along the road or in the field where they indicated the chase vehicle was parked? If they found glass...I'm sure we'll hear about it at some point. MOO

I have a feeling that the glass shattered but stayed in a sheet. Safety glass does this, and if Tims truck had tinted windows, it definitely wouldn't break. I think that is why they drove off in to the countryside, to dispose of the glass. Then they came back and were videotaped along the logical route.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
A few people have noted that it is very warm in the courtroom today. Usually it's chilly. Hopefully juror is ok.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Now there's a fire truck and an ambulance outside the courthouse with a team going up to the 6th floor where the case is being tried

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
So, a juror felt suddenly I'll in the courtroom and had to leave quickly. Done for the day and not sure what will happen tomorrow. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste