Bosma Murder Trial 03.07.16 - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if this is what DM or MS is going to postulate, one of them will have to take the stand to explain such a position, IMO.

This is why, once every week or two, I'm all "But surely DM or MS won't take the stand?"

Because I don't see how either defense lawyer gets that narrative to play just by asking oblique, leading questions of other witnesses.

/trial newb

One of those repeated, answerless questions from the trial newb:

There's no way Millard or Smich will take the stand, right?

If this is the the defense (blame game) I don't see why one or both wouldn't want to get on the stand . I mean there is probably no chance of avoiding jail time all together so why not maybe try and spare yourself a life sentence if you truly didn't do it or part of it etc MOO

"Pillay now objecting again. When Dungey was posing that question, Millard was looking directly over at Smich." Via Adam Carter Twitter

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Court now back in session. Now in some legal arguments.

No spatter on the steering wheel or driver's door or in the area of driver's dashboard ...I am wondering

From all I've seen so far, the spatter was primarily on the glovebox/passenger side dash & door. Of course we don't know what was on the head rest area of the front passenger seat because it was torched. You can do a search on google images for back and forward spatter to see the difference in patterns, but the finer spatter on the dash seems to indicate exit spatter or forward spatter. Except they tried to clean up the inside of the truck so the expert can't really say which patterns are which. Grr.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 13s13 seconds ago
Jury now being recalled.

I think DM and Ms hope that their supporters will speak in court for them - many will be witnesses.

Of course you may be right, but just as an observer of this case, without being privy to all the facts the jury is now aware of, and will be privy to even more as time goes on, I would find it hard to find credible any of DM's or MS's witnesses versus the Crown's evidence if you know what I mean. Some of those who have already testified are IMO lacking integrity, ie AJ, - all just my perception - and while they may present their version of the truth, I think if they are not truly forthright about what they know of the crime, or facts affecting it, they will do more damage to DM and MS in the end. I certainly cannot imagine any of their "associates" being character witnesses, IMO. lol IMO, there's something really off about the lot of them!

I don't think I'm making my point very clear, but I tried. :)

All MOO.

can they not tell from the glass itself the way the glass is shattered whether a bullet shattered it? Would there not be alot of gunshot residue on the glass? Where it entered the glass?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s27 seconds ago
We're back. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
(A moment turned into the afternoon break).

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s22 seconds ago
Jury is back. Jones being excused. Next witness is Robert Gerard. #Bosma

Of course you may be right, but just as an observer of this case, without being privy to all the facts the jury is now aware of, and will be privy to even more as time goes on, I would find it hard to find credible any of DM's or MS's witnesses versus the Crown's evidence if you know what I mean. Some of those who have already testified are IMO lacking integrity, ie AJ, - all just my perception - and while they may present their version of the truth, I think if they are not truly forthright about what they know of the crime, or facts affecting it, they will do more damage to DM and MS in the end. I certainly cannot imagine any of their "associates" being character witnesses, IMO. lol IMO, there's something really off about the lot of them!

I don't think I'm making my point very clear, but I tried. :)

All MOO.

I find it odd that SS wasnt called as a witness at least yet anyways after his father in-laws testimony, but maybe there is more with SS and he will be called later? I do not see how he could NOT be called as a witness

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4s4 seconds ago
Jones is now being excused.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 14s14 seconds ago
The next witness is Robert Gerard.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 16s16 seconds ago
Gerard is a forensic scientist in the chemistry section of the Centre for Forensic Sciences. He's here to give evidence on GSR

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Next #Bosma witness is Robert Gerard, a forensic chemist

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Jones is done. Next up: Robert Gerard, a forensic scientist (chemistry) at Centre of Forensic Sciences. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 43s43 seconds ago
Gerard, forensic chemistry scientist at Centre of Forensic Sciences, being examined by Crown Craig Fraser about gunshot residue.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s28 seconds ago
He will give evidence on gunshot residue. Crown seeking to have him deemed an expert. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6s6 seconds ago
Gerard is an expert in gunshot residue. #TimBosma

I find it odd that SS wasnt called as a witness at least yet anyways after his father in-laws testimony, but maybe there is more with SS and he will be called later? I do not see how he could NOT be called as a witness

I assume the Crown will be saving all the "friends" testimony for closer to the end, before they rest their case. That'll tie up so many loose ends and really hit home with the jurors. MM, CN, SS, AM, the house mate of DM's etc. MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s14 seconds ago
He has his PhD in chemistry from @McMasterU. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19s19 seconds ago
Gerard is qualified as an expert in gunshot residue. GSR are Pericles produced when firearm is discharged.

I cannot imagine a scenario where SS will not be called to testify either. His testimony will be important, IMO. I will be very interested in how he spins his version of the truth to either support the Crown or defense. I have a feeling he is still loyal to DM, and while that's only speculation on my part, I will be paying attention if/when he gets on the stand. Won't we all! :)

All MOO.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
The court is now going through the process of having Gerard qualified as an expert.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 52s52 seconds ago
He has previously testified in court around 100 times.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 44s44 seconds ago
Gerard is qualified as a witness.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7s7 seconds ago
Gerard is starting with an explanation of GSR. They're particles that are produced when a gun is discharged.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4s4 seconds ago
If a handgun is discharged, most of the GSR would come from out the muzzle.

can they not tell from the glass itself the way the glass is shattered whether a bullet shattered it? Would there not be alot of gunshot residue on the glass? Where it entered the glass?

I beleive this would come from ballistic experts. I'm sure the Crown will have one testifying.

I'm not 100% sure they ever found all the glass. Anyone know for sure?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 42s42 seconds ago
Cloud of lead, barium and antemone create microscopic droplets.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Most of it comes from muzzle of gun.

He is explaining science behind GSR, which occurs when a firearm is discharged. #Bosma

In this case he examined a toolbox as well as sample kits sent to CFS by @HamiltonPolice (taken from the truck) #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Looking at a GSR sampling kit distributed to all police services in Ontario.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
Demonstrating how to use dabber to collect GSR. Jury has heard this before.

Wondering why DM, genius, did not pour bleach in the power washer to destroy the blood (Does that work? They use bleach for that on TV)

Perhaps he thought laundry detergent was bleach. ;) Not the brightest crayon in the box? Re: the bottle of laundry detergent found in the back of his Yukon. MOO.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s27 seconds ago
Gunshot residue = lead, antemone and barium; ejected from gun in a cloud vapour, they condense into drops and fall on shooter hand, etc

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s20 seconds ago
Toolbox was examined by Gerard on June 19, 2013. Jury seeing photos of a black and yellow toolbox. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s13 seconds ago
June 19, 2013 he examined a toolbox. Yellow and black. Small with handle. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferM2017