Bosma Murder Trial 03.31.16 - Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s12 seconds ago
Millard also did things like jump out of planes. Schlatman says yes but he did not go along. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s8 seconds ago
"If the planes still running in staying in it," Schlatman says. Chuckles in court. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 24s25 seconds ago
Schlatman agrees #Millard excavator was for digging foundations, but he wasn't surprised it ended up in swamp. "You knew Dellen's habits."

Why is DM's lawyer pointing out DM had a habit of doing stupid things?

BBM

This works for the Crown. It shows DM to be a risk taker.

All MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
From spring 2012 - May 2013, Sachak suggests Schlatman say Millard on 100s of occasions. 100s of calls, texts. Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
Spring 2012 to May 2013 Schlatman saw Millard hundreds of times, exchanged hundreds of texts.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s31 seconds ago
They'd talk about several topics, Sachak suggests. Yes. Cars, dad's cars, farm, excavator, plans to build dream home, trips etc. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s28 seconds ago
Sachak asks if he recorded or wrote down every convo they had. Schlatman says no. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15s15 seconds ago
Sachak asks if Schlatman recorded all those conversations. "No."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s12 seconds ago
"Normal chit chat," Sachak says. "Normal human interaction." Yes, Schlatman says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
NS: you never said to yourself, "you know what I'm going to put it in my brain like a computer chip and remember for the rest of my life."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s28 seconds ago
Schlatman says no. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now3 seconds ago
May 13, 2013 police asked Schlatman about conversations with Millard about the incinerator.

First time he was asked to recall convo re: incinerator was by police, Sachak says. Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Impossible for him to recall exact words of conversations.

"I'm going to suggest it is humanly impossible for you to describe word for word what he said to you," Sachak says. Agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
"Impossible to remember precisely the exact words he used," Sachak says.
"No not word for word," Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
ns: You never said to yourself, "you know what i'm going to put it in my brain like a computer chip and remember for the rest of my life."

really!?

:facepalm:

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s22 seconds ago
Sachak suggesting conversations about incinerator don't stand out clearly and can't be recalled verbatim.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
Sachak suggests he likely couldn't even remember word for word what he asked him 15 mins ago. Again Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s9 seconds ago
And this is important, you're paying close attention, Sachak says. Yes. But that convo was just one of hundreds with DM. Yes. #Bosma

Mar 31 2016 2:29 PM
Spring of 2012 to the spring of 2013, "During that timeframe, you had seen Dellen on hundreds of occasions ... exchanged text messages, and talked to Dellen about various topics." Sachak says. "Did you write down everything that you had said with him?" Schlatman says no.

Mar 31 2016 2:31 PM
"You never said to yourself and said I'll have a computer chip-like memory, so if the Crown attorney asks me questions in 2016, I'll know everything," Sachak says.

Mar 31 2016 2:33 PM
Schlatman was questioned by the police on May 13, 2013, he says. "One of the things the officer asked was to go back in time and describe why ... Dellen wanted the incinerator," Sachak says.

Mar 31 2016 2:34 PM
"You'd agree with me but you might know the general topic, but I'm going to suggest it's humanly impossible to describe word for word what he said to you," Sachak says. Schlatman agrees.

Mar 31 2016 2:35 PM
Sachak now saying Schlatman couldn't say word for word what he was asked five minutes ago. Schlatman says no, not word for word.

Mar 31 2016 2:36 PM
Schlatman now looking at a transcript of his statement to police.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14s14 seconds ago
Schlatman now reading over statement he gave to police. Specifically around why DM told him he wanted an incinerator. #Bosma

Mar 31 2016 2:39 PM
Sachak focusing in on the part of the statement that deals with the incinerator. "That's an incinerator. He bought that. Well actually, we bought that ... his uncle was a veterinarian ... and he needed, this is for destroying animals," the statement reads.

Mar 31 2016 2:40 PM
"He bought it. He was, you know, he was always trying to make money," Schlatman's statement reads.

Mar 31 2016 2:41 PM
"What you're telling the police is that Dellen thought his uncle needed a way to get rid of deceased animals. Fair?" Sachak asks. Schlatman says yes.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s22 seconds ago
Sachak suggesting conversations about incinerator don't stand out clearly and can't be recalled verbatim.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
Sachak suggests he likely couldn't even remember word for word what he asked him 15 mins ago. Again Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s9 seconds ago
And this is important, you're paying close attention, Sachak says. Yes. But that convo was just one of hundreds with DM. Yes. #Bosma

So basically, as an employee, SS doesn't pay attention at all to what the boss says and can't remember anything the boss has ever asked him to do or why.

Okay then.

Oh and my boss has never invited me to go skydiving. Just saying. :rolleyes:

MOO

Schlatman told police it was DM's uncle, a vet... "He needed...this is for destroying animals," it reads. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 53s53 seconds ago
Cops interview Schlatman on Eliminator: "It was his father or his uncle is a veterinarian..and he needed...this is for destroying animals."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s29 seconds ago
Police then asked Schlatman who it was for. Schlatman said "he (DM) bought it, you know, he's always trying to make money." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
"And he thought you know his uncle needed a way to get rid of you know the deceased animals." (Statement continues) #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s17 seconds ago
Millard hoped to make money with it. He thought his uncle needed way to get rid of dead animals.

1. Trailers and a Bobcat were asked about (yesterday). JV's answer was the trailer (a specific one, apparently) wasn't big enough to carry it. A Bobcat was seen at one of DM's properties at some point, photographed (not sure if it was MSM or social media). Today we hear that SS was competent at modifying trailers. Interesting!
BBM
This works for the Crown. It shows DM to be a risk taker.
All MOO.
Could be, but it's an unfair conclusion to draw or to have impressed upon you. I went parachuting a couple of times, with co-workers, at their urging (having never gone previously). Like Dell, I also have driven racing cars, and competed in races (amateur-level, for me). Would I classify myself as a risk taker? No, I'd say I am very conservative. I take educated risks and did these things after training and practice, and for the enjoyment of activity and sense of achievement.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s24 seconds ago
So he thinks his uncle needed a way to get rid of deceased animals, Sachak says. Schlatman says yes-bc we had that conversation. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s9 seconds ago
NS: what he told you was he wanted to make money, his uncles a vet, its for deceased animals, and he THINKS his uncle needs it.

Remember clearly now, SS!

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
SS: not he thinks. We had that convo...the expense his uncle had at the time was high & it was portable so we could visit other vets as well

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 14s15 seconds ago
Schlatman told police #Millard bought the incinerator to destroy remains of pets for his vet uncle; "he's always trying to make money"

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3s4 seconds ago
Uncle's expenses were high. Millard thought they could "lower" them. And take The Eliminator to different vet practices.

Mar 31 2016 2:43 PM
"He figured if he could do it and make some money off it, he would," Sachak says. "What Dellen told you is he wants to make money, his uncle is a vet, the incinerator is for deceased animals ... and that he thinks his uncle needs it to get rid of deceased animals." "Not he thinks," Schlatman said.

Mar 31 2016 2:44 PM
"He never said to you 'Listen Shane, me and my uncle, we had a meeting or a discussion. Me and my uncle are going to formulate a business together. He didn't say that, right?" Sachak says. "Not together, no,."

Mar 31 2016 2:44 PM
"There was never a suggestion from Dellen Millard that they were in business together to cremate animals," Sachak says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s8 seconds ago
NS: there was never a suggestion that DM was in a biz relationship with his uncle...to cremate animals together. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 24s25 seconds ago
No suggestion from Millard he was in business with his uncle, Eliminator was Millard's business.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s13 seconds ago
NS: it was his business--Dellen's business. Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

Yep. I've said it before and I'll say it again...if this is the best the Defense has, whether witnesses remember things word for word, then justice is coming for Tim. MOO

1. Trailers and a Bobcat were asked about (yesterday). JV's answer was the trailer (a specific one, apparently) wasn't big enough to carry it. A Bobcat was seen at one of DM's properties at some point, photographed (not sure if it was MSM or social media).
2. Could be, but it's an unfair conclusion to draw. I went parachuting a couple of times, with co-workers, at their urging. Like Dell, I also have driven racing cars, and competed in races (amateur-level, for me). Would I classify myself as a risk taker? No, I'd say I am very conservative. I take educated risks and did these things for the enjoyment of activity and sense of achievement.

I get your point about 'risky' hobbies not meaning someone is a bad person. But for things like sky-driving and drag racing, the risk is why people find them enjoyable. The adrenaline and whatnot. Just because you are 'educated' about skydiving doesn't mean it's not a risky hobby.

(And again, it doesn't mean skydivers and mountain-climbers and such are bad people. It DOES mean they take more risks, though.)

And here goes the word manipulation that DM was telling CN to get AM to get on board with. Just let my lawyer on cross twist your words to the point where you didn't actually mean or say what was in your original police statement. Just agree with whatever he says. It'll be fine. Uh huh.

MOO

""He figured if he could do it and make some money off it, he would," Sachak says. "What Dellen told you is he wants to make money, his uncle is a vet, the incinerator is for deceased animals ... and that he thinks his uncle needs it to get rid of deceased animals." "Not he thinks," Schlatman said."

A year almost passed since purchasing, and he never approached his uncle?
$23,000 investment, and it sat there? What? No Ambition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966