Bosma Murder Trial 03.31.16 - Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking back to AJ's testimony and how when he found out it was TB's truck in the hangar he became physically sick and threw up beside his own truck outside. Why such a strong reaction, I wonder, if AJ only knew then it was a stolen truck in the hangar? Such a strong response from AJ made me think AJ knew then - or at the very least suspected - that TB was dead. No wonder he was worrying about himself or his family getting whacked!

I don't recall if AJ was asked if he had ever seen the Eliminator, but since many have said they have (SS, SH, JV), I wouldn't be surprised that AJ had also seen it at some point and once news of TB's demise became public, IMO, he would have put 2 + 2 together. Who wouldn't?

And then when I think about how SS was mad at AJ for mentioning that he called CS, and that now SS and AJ no longer communicate, and I can't help but think that SS knew or should have at least suspected that what the news reports were accusing DM of doing (murder/incinerating TB) was very possibly true. After all, how many other suspects would have had an incinerator at their disposal? And SS knew DM wanted a diesel truck.

For these reasons, along with his testimony, I think SS knew/knows more but will remain loyal to DM. His loyalty has limits - none for AJ it seems - and to DM it may be for money, but IMO, it could also be because he was involved knowingly or not, in some aspect of the crime (or other crimes ie chop-shop), either before or after the murder that prevents him from being 100% transparent and forthcoming on the stand.

All MOO.

From the Crown's opening statement:

After Mr. Millard’s girlfriend was charged for her role, police executed a search warrant on her residence in Toronto and seized from her bedroom several letters that were written to her by Mr. Millard over a period of many months while he was in jail after his arrest. These letters varied in terms of content, but one theme of many letters was Mr. Millard wanting a key Crown witness to change his evidence. His girlfriend was asked to reach out to this person to get him to change his evidence.

This was a person Mr. Millard considered a friend and someone who he believed could be convinced to change the his statement to police. This was to assist Mr. Millard as he considered what this person knew about the plan to steal the truck as damning and incriminating information. For example, in one such letter to his girlfriend, Mr. Millard wrote the following: “If he knew his words were going to get me a life sentence , he would want to change them. Show him how he can, and he will change them.”

Despite Mr. Millard’s written direction at the end of many of these letters to “destroy these letters”, they were still in the girlfriend’s bedroom in April , 2014, when she was arrested for her involvement which was almost 1 year after the murder and the arrest of Mr. Millard.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

HOWEVER, remember when they introduced the evidence on the search of CN's bedroom? They said they found the DVR and something but they did not mention what else, though we know it was letters from the Crown's statement. That LE officer that did the search will have to come back and describe finding the letters, I suppose.

I just remember that they jury has not been told of the discovery of the letters yet.

So possibly it's the room mate who knew in advance about the plan to steal the truck? But now that we heard from the roomate(s) why didn't we hear about the plan to steal the truck?

Also on this day, May 7, 2013, Mr. Millard told his roommate that they had stolen a truck on May 6, the day before. This roommate already knew that Mr. Millard and Mr. Smich planned to steal a truck of this kind. The Accused had told him this plan on the weekend.

So possibly it's the room mate who knew in advance about the plan to steal the truck? But now that we heard from the roomate(s) why didn't we hear about the plan to steal the truck?

It's a different roommate. I and others suspect it may be AM.

All MOO.

SS wasn't the roommate- he's the mechanic. AM was the person living DM's house. The other guy, RB doesn't sound like he was there long enough (1 month) to have known much of anything DM did. He testified their paths didn't cross much.

We've heard from the roommate that only lived there for a month. He was the basement dweller and didn't see much of the other two there, DM and AM. AM we have been told had an upstairs bedroom like DM. We still need to hear from AM. We don't know if AM was the one DM was trying to persuade...but it gets to the point where I'm scratching my head, thinking how many people did DM tell about some part of this? I mean, really. It seems that his entire circle is going to have something to say. Could be someone we haven't even heard of yet.

I'm thinking back to AJ's testimony and how when he found out it was TB's truck in the hangar he became physically sick and threw up beside his own truck outside. Why such a strong reaction, I wonder, if AJ only knew then it was a stolen truck in the hangar? Such a strong response from AJ made me think AJ knew then - or at the very least suspected - that TB was dead. No wonder he was worrying about himself or his family getting whacked!

I don't recall if AJ was asked if he had ever seen the Eliminator, but since many have said they have (SS, SH, JV), I wouldn't be surprised that AJ had also seen it at some point and once news of TB's demise became public, IMO, he would have put 2 + 2 together. Who wouldn't?

And then when I think about how SS was mad at AJ for mentioning that he called CS, and that now SS and AJ no longer communicate, and I can't help but think that SS knew or should have at least suspected that what the news reports were accusing DM of doing (murder/incinerating TB) was very possibly true. After all, how many other suspects would have had an incinerator at their disposal? And SS knew DM wanted a diesel truck.

For these reasons, along with his testimony, I think SS knew/knows more but will remain loyal to DM. His loyalty has limits - none for AJ it seems - and to DM it may be for money, but IMO, it could also be because he was involved knowingly or not, in some aspect of the crime (or other crimes ie chop-shop), either before or after the murder that prevents him from being 100% transparent and forthcoming on the stand.

All MOO.

The one thing that has me thinking that SS did not know what was going on was his text back to DM after DM sent out the message that no one goes to the hangar today, not even to pick something up. IIRC SS texted him and asked him if it was something he did and the exchange went along the lines of him not wanting to cause problems for DM and DM responding that he actually helps him. IMO...if he knew more of what was going on, there would be no need to send that inquiry. MOO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s17 seconds ago
Asking now about the farm, about Millard's plans for the farm--building his "dream home." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4s4 seconds ago
Obviously it'd be closer to work (the hangar) than his Etobicoke home. Schlatman had also wanted to build a home at the farm. #Bosma

Like a commune? ;)

Mar 31 2016 2:14 PM
Back in court now, just waiting for the jury. Sorry for anyone having problems reading my live blog on mobile -- it's a problem on Scribble Live's end. You can also follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/adamcartercbc

Mar 31 2016 2:15 PM
You can find a recap of the day so far here:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...nerator-where-human-bones-found-bbq-1.3514560
Dellen Millard and his employee Shane Schlatman had a knickname for the incinerator in which human bones were found on his farm — The BBQ.

Mar 31 2016 2:16 PM
Shane Schlatman is now back in the witness box. Schlatman says he knew Millard wanted to build his "dream home" there.

Mar 31 2016 2:17 PM
Schlatman also discussed building a home at the farm with Millard, he says.

Mar 31 2016 2:18 PM
Schlatman says he also knew about the excavator. He says Millard told him he wanted the excavator to dig up some foundations.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 40s40 seconds ago
We're back. Schlatman talking about Millard's plans for the farm. Schlatman wanted to build his own dream home there. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 33s33 seconds ago
Plan was for Schlatman to lease the land for 99 years to build his home there. And build a drive shed there. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 20s20 seconds ago
Jury back from lunch. Shayne Schlatman still in the witness box.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3s3 seconds ago
Sachak asking Schlatman about Ayr farm, where #Millard wanted to build his dream home. Schlatman was going to build his dream there too

The one thing that has me thinking that SS did not know what was going on was his text back to DM after DM sent out the message that no one goes to the hangar today, not even to pick something up. IIRC SS texted him and asked him if it was something he did and the exchange went along the lines of him not wanting to cause problems for DM and DM responding that he actually helps him. IMO...if he knew more of what was going on, there would be no need to send that inquiry. MOO

I recall thinking the opposite of that text. lol

I wondered then, as do I now, why SS would have assumed he did something to to screw things up for DM? Without more context I guess it's open to interpretation, but IMO, SS was walking on egg shells around DM, and that had to be for some reason.

SS described himself as a person who shoots his mouth off and worried he may have said something to someone around the airport (paraphrasing) and that explanation made me wonder why he would even be dealing with airport people since he didn't do any airport kind of work. I don't think we're getting the truth from SS, at least not the whole truth, IMO.

All MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 33s33 seconds ago
Plan was for Schlatman to lease the land for 99 years to build his home there. And build a drive shed there. #Bosma

Given JV's testimony about the terms of the lease of the truck, I'd be hesitant. I wouldn't want to lose use of my home for 1-2 days with a day or two's notice ;)

Asking now about the farm, about Millard's plans for the farm--building his "dream home." #Bosma

Obviously it'd be closer to work (the hangar) than his Etobicoke home. Schlatman had also wanted to build a home at the farm. #Bosma

Like a commune? ;)

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2h2 hours ago
"You clearly got along with Dellen?" Sachak says. Schlatman says yes -- but just in a work capacity. #TimBosma #Bosma

So you're going to build your home next to his dream home? Lol, ok Shane.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Re: excavator, Millard wanted to dig up foundations. Schlatman agrees that was the reason for the purchase. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
But he wasn't surprised it ended up in swamp "bc you knew Dellen and his habits," Sachak suggests. Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Schlatman told Millard bought excavator to dig up foundations at farm. Not surprised Millard got it stuck in swamp. Liked to off-road.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Millard loves off-roading, Sachak says. (I.e. Baja race). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s26 seconds ago
His jeep had to be highly modified to drive in that race, Schlatman agrees. He did that work for him. Went along as mechanic. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s25 seconds ago
When it broke down, Schlatman was too far away to fix it so Millard was disqualified (couldn't meet the time). #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 28s28 seconds ago
Modified Jeep to race in the Baja. Schlesinger his mechanic for race. Millard disqualified after wrecking Jeep.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14s15 seconds ago
So re: swamp, you didn't find that unusual at all. Schlatman agrees no. #Bosma

Like a commune? ;)

Okay and yet we're to believe that SS and DM are not close pals but plan to have homes on the same property?

All MOO.

Mar 31 2016 2:19 PM
"Dellen had a passion for offroading," Sachak says. Schlatman says that's why he wasn't surprised the excavator ended up stuck in a swamp.

Mar 31 2016 2:21 PM
"You're not surprised that he takes an excavator and just plows through the land?" Sachak asks. "Not at all," Schlatman says.

Mar 31 2016 2:22 PM
Sachak says Millard also asked Schlatman to go skydiving with him -- and he refused. "If the airplane's still running I'm staying in it," he says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s12 seconds ago
Millard also did things like jump out of planes. Schlatman says yes but he did not go along. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s8 seconds ago
"If the planes still running in staying in it," Schlatman says. Chuckles in court. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 24s25 seconds ago
Schlatman agrees #Millard excavator was for digging foundations, but he wasn't surprised it ended up in swamp. "You knew Dellen's habits."

Why is DM's lawyer pointing out DM had a habit of doing stupid things?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 52s53 seconds ago
Schlatman was teaching Millard how to fix cars. "He could do basic work."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s52 seconds ago
There was also a plan to modify a Mini Cooper to have a 500 horse power engine. Schlatman was teaching Millard mechanic skills. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
Also Millard did work on the red pickup. Small projects and Schlatman would monitor him, he agrees. Show him the ropes. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25s26 seconds ago
Broken forklift at hangar. Had some parts on it that worked.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
Schlatman also did non-mechanical things at the hangar. Like modifying an open trailer (open, building a roof and walls around it). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 32s32 seconds ago
He could also take a closed trailer and remove those things to make it an open one. He had that know how, Sachak says. Schlatman agrees.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19s19 seconds ago
He could turn an open trailer into a closed one or vice versa.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s34 seconds ago
Schlatman would modify trailers for #Millard as well as modify & fix his vehicles. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s16 seconds ago
Schlatman also built the trailer ($8000) for incinerator to sit on. #Bosma

Mar 31 2016 2:22 PM
Millard could do "basic" mechanic work, Schlatman says.

Mar 31 2016 2:24 PM
There was a trailer at the hangar that Schlatman modified, he says -- building a roof and walls on an open trailer to close it off.

Mar 31 2016 2:26 PM
Schlatman says Millard did ask him sometimes to fix damage or problems with the trailers he owned.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s31 seconds ago
Schlatman can't recall Millard asking him to fix any parts on that trailer before May 6. But agrees he did fix other trailers. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s22 seconds ago
Schlatman doesn't recall fixing 5th wheel trailer before May 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966