Bosma Murder Trial 04.04.16 - Day 29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find funny is how DM's defense team is trying to show how loaded he is. When it appears to most outsiders he is using the bargain basement Lionel Hutz type lawyers.

MS - The perceived free loader and never worked is using the far superior lawyer.

This is the second time TD has tore apart Sachak cross rather easily.

Sometimes in life you get exactly what you deserve....and that includes getting the lawyer you deserve.

What I find funny is how DM's defense team is trying to show how loaded he is. When it appears to most outsiders he is using the bargain basement Lionel Hutz type lawyers.

MS - The perceived free loader and never worked is using the far superior lawyer.

This is the second time TD has tore apart Sachak cross rather easily.

To be fair, TD has MUCH MORE to work with. ;)

MOO

Is this how DM thinks the rich are entitled to behave ?

I think this is the key word right here. A young man who has never had to work a day in his life and had things simply handed to him, blows all kinds of money (not his own of course, he's never actually worked for it) on friends with expensive gifts and vacations, and realizes there are all sorts of folks more than willing to kiss up and do whatever he asks, just to be part of his circle & reap the $$ benefits of that.

"Whatever Dellen wants, Dellen gets" has probably been quite true of him for many many years. Trips, toys, stolen goods, a gaggle of hangers-on to do whatever he asked them to, Tim's truck...

To be fair, TD has MUCH MORE to work with. ;)

MOO

He doesn't however have it was left out in the open in plain view though. Maybe Sachak can recross SS and use a few more of his not so funny 1 liners

I think this is the key word right here. A young man who has never had to work a day in his life and had things simply handed to him, blows all kinds of money (not his own of course, he's never actually worked for it) on friends with expensive gifts and vacations, and realizes there are all sorts of folks more than willing to kiss up and do whatever he asks, just to be part of his circle & reap the $$ benefits of that.

"Whatever Dellen wants, Dellen gets" has probably been quite true of him for many many years. Trips, toys, stolen goods, a gaggle of hangers-on to do whatever he asked them to, Tim's truck...

IMO he thinks he can spend his way out of a murder charge also. His confident smiles and waves in the courtroom show just how naive and clueless of reality this guy truly is.

This explains DMs behaviour towards MS in court. Probably still thinks that staring him down and smirking, chuckling etc will intimidate him. Don't get me wrong, I think that MS is a but the more that I hear during this trial about how he treated his friends/employees/real estate agent, he didn't seem to have any relationships that were honest or balanced.

I think you're spot on with that. Even though all of the evidence and testimony so far seems to point *directly* at DM and not so much MS, I think DM and his lawyer have some kind of a serious sleeze-bag defense approach coming. And whatever it is, I think DM thinks that's his ace. He's just too darn smug.

He doesn't however have it was left out in the open in plain view though. Maybe Sachak can recross SS and use a few more of his not so funny 1 liners

Sachak re-cross: "Mr. Schlatman, you made no attempt to hide the fact that you were lying, correct? You left your lies right out in the open for anyone to see?"

SS: "Yes."

I don't know. If MS had been planning to kill the truck owner without DM's knowledge, I would think he would have suggested to DM that only he go up the driveway to the home while MS waited in the Yukon to trail them on the test drive. A real gangsta who knows how to commit a crime would not have walked up that driveway and would have set up the other person to do it alone. A psychopath who thinks he and his money can talk his way out of anything wouldn't think twice about it and would want someone else there with him to deflect suspicion. So technically, MS left himself out in the open too. And his hoodie look appears to be nothing more sinister than just the way he dressed at the time, hood up or down, depending on his mood. He was still dressing that way after the crime. You'd think he would have abandoned it if he was trying to lay low.

MOO

ETA: Which leads me to believe that they both knew what was about to go down and neither cared really. Which is why they were both out in the open.

If SS's full-time job was looking after DM's hobbies, his days must have been pretty empty from DM's arrest until the hangar was sold. He wouldn't be asked to do a lot to draw his $56k. Practically a paid sabbatical and a half.

Sachak re-cross: "Mr. Schlatman, you made no attempt to hide the fact that you were lying, correct? You left your lies right out in the open for anyone to see?"

SS: "Yes."

I've been smirking since I started reading this thread today...but this comment made me laugh so hard, it almost made me spit my coffee out. That would not have been good for my hubby's laptop. Nice one billandrew. Sidenote...TD is an awesome lawyer!

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Jury is back. Schlatman still up for re-examination by the Crown. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 47s48 seconds ago
Jury and Schlatman back. Re-exam by Crown Fraser. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s19 seconds ago
Crown Craig Fraser asks about the type of business at the hangar, what he knew about it. Schlatman says it was going to be an MRO. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7s7 seconds ago
Hangar's purpose was to be a MRO to do maintenance and repairs of airplanes. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s16 seconds ago
(MRO=maintenance repair and overhaul). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 45s46 seconds ago
After Millard's arrest, things changed. Madeleine burns (DM's mother) was running things as what appeared to be an FBO. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
(FBO=fixed base operation) #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s18 seconds ago
Millardair had appearance of a Fixed Base Operation for airplanes to stay short-term was wasn't licensed for it.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6s7 seconds ago
Schlatman was asked prev about Millardair waiting for licensing back in 2012. He says that came through in fall '12.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s29 seconds ago
But no MRO activity after that. Schlatman says "they didn't pursue keeping it (MRO certification)." They, he says=Dell. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s27 seconds ago
Fall of 2012 got MRO certification. "I don't think they (Dell) pursued keeping it" after his dad died, says Schlatman. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
Crown: "I say cancellation, you say not pursued." Schlatman says he believes they had it just didn't use it. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 20s20 seconds ago
Crown Craig Fraser now asking about #Millard cancelling airport certification days after his father Wayne Millard died. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s18 seconds ago
Fraser asks if he was present when Millardair employees were fired. Yes he was. He was the sole survivor. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s22 seconds ago
After MRO cert. was "not pursued" it was back to automotive work, Schlatman says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9s9 seconds ago
Schlatman was the only remaining employee after #Millard Sr died. All others dismissed in mass firing. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s51 seconds ago
Now Fraser asks about whether he'd spoken to DM on Thurs May 9, before he was texting w Millard about truck/that family. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 42s42 seconds ago
Did he speak to Millard before receiving text from him on night of May 9? Isn't sure, he says.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 12s12 seconds ago
Fraser now showing a text from Jennings to his son in law from May 9. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s7 seconds ago
Crown shows Schlatman a text Art Jennings sent him that night at 6:49pm: "will you pls come to my home b4 you go home" #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4s5 seconds ago
Jury is back. SS on stand. Crown asking about a conversation he forgets he had w arthur jennings may 9th. 2013. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
He says he would've worked til 7pm and gone over to Art's afterwards. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes now6 seconds ago
That is it for the Crown's questions. Schlatman is excused. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP now
SS can't seem to remember what they discussed. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s30 seconds ago
Seeing text from May 9 saying "Will you pls come to my home b 4 you go home" from Art Jennings.

Adam Carter
Court now back in session, and the jury is being recalled.
by Adam Carter 2:17 PM

Assistant Crown Craig Fraser now reexamining Schlatman.
by Adam Carter 2:18 PM

The hangar at the Waterloo airport was built to be an MRO -- maintenance repair and overhaul of large airplanes. Not an FBO -- or fixed base operation, which is essentially a hotel for planes.
by Adam Carter 2:20 PM

After Millard was arrested, the hangar was running as an FBO, though not officially.
by Adam Carter 2:20 PM

Fraser now asking about when the company's MRO certificate was surrendered.
by Adam Carter 2:21 PM

No maintenance was happening at the hangar even after the MRO certificate was authorized. After Wayne Millard died, The MRO certification wasn't "pursued anymore," Schlatman says. "I believe they had the certification but it wasn't certified.
by Adam Carter 2:23 PM

After the elder Millard's death, the employees of MillardAir were fired.
by Adam Carter 2:23 PM

No aircraft maintenance work was happening in the MIllardAir hangar after Wayne Millard died, Schlatman says.
by Adam Carter 2:24 PM

Fraser now showing a text from Jennings to his son in law from May 9.
by Adam Carter 2:26 PM

The message reads "Will you pls come to my home b 4 you go home."
by Adam Carter 2:26 PM

This is the night Jennings told Schlatman that he had called Crime Stoppers, and that the truck in the hangar was Bosma's.
by Adam Carter 2:27 PM

Schlatman is now excused. Millard doesn't look at him as he leaves.
by Adam Carter 2:28 PM

I am so glad I've been able to follow this thread today! TD is true to his initials -- touch down!

Today's court proceedings are like a wonderful gift to all of us, in honour of Hank Bosma's birthday. (Of course we'd all give anything for him and the rest of the Bosma family to be able to spend the day celebrating with Tim).

Thank you all for posting tweets and hilarious/spot-on commentary!

The next witness is Jennifer Plath.
by Adam Carter 2:29 PM

Plath is a forensic scientist working in the firearms section of the Centre for Forensic Sciences.
by Adam Carter 2:30 PM

The Crown wants to qualify her to give expert testimony on firearms, components and ammo.
by Adam Carter 2:30 PM

Fraser now running through her qualifications.
by Adam Carter 2:32 PM

Plath is qualified as an expert witness on examining firearms.
by Adam Carter 2:34 PM

***time to recover from all that explosive testimony with a boring tutorial on explosives. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState