Bosma Murder Trial 04.04.16 - Day 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s13 seconds ago
"You don't hear anything you don't see anything and you don't want to tell anything-isn't that true?" Dungey asks. SS: no not at all. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9s10 seconds ago
Dungey: You're here to protect Millard aren't you? You're here to protect your friend?
Schlatman: he is my friend

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10s11 seconds ago
Dungey has no more questions. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 18s19 seconds ago
Millard is his friend? "Not. Good one," says Schlatman...Dungey done. Crown wants to address Justice Goodman. Jury sent for lunch.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 19s19 seconds ago
Dungey: oh he's a really good friend isn't he?
Schlatman: not that good a friend

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s19 seconds ago
Taking the lunch break before re-examination by the Crown. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 15s16 seconds ago
Dungey finished his forceful and chippy cross examination

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Schlatman just admitted he talked to #Millard after the meeting where he learned #TimBosma truck was in hangar. Not the next day, as said b4

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
Schlatman just admitted he talked to #Millard after the meeting where he learned #TimBosma truck was in hangar. Not the next day, as said b4

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
"You have lied all along. You are lying on the stand. You are lying here. You are here to protect DM." @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Jury gone to lunch

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
SS" No. Not a great one" dungey finishes off saying "u don't hear anything. Hear anything.u don't see anything" @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
SS is finished cross. He is red faced. Flustered. And leaves. He will be re questioned by crown. Jury back at 2. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 37s38 seconds ago
Jury gone for lunch #Bosma

YES!! He was under the spell of DM. The fact that he knew about Tim when he was prepared to lie to LE about the location of the red truck, is very telling of SS.

That was the most riveting cross examination I've heard so far. IMO, all of the efforts Sachak put into extracting "Dell is nice" Dell is rich" "Dell is a good guy" just got flushed down the toilet with Dungey's cross. DM really got a gem when he hired SS- a guy who idolized him and would do anything for him. To think that when LE first questioned SS that he lied about the red truck and then caved when he found out he could get charged. These idiots had no idea LE had them under surveillance. Still surprised SS didn't get charged. MOO

Probably especially since SS was selling off assets well after Millard's arrest.

I'm sure he was only selling things that DM or one of the Millard companies had a legal title or receipt for.

Actually saw a few of those ads last night. Pretty much just the cars, jet skis and equipment related to the aviation industry. No trailers, wood chippers and other various stolen items were listed on kijiji that we ever found to my knowledge.

MOO

SS says he only does what DM directs him to do in his testimony earlier today and then he quibbles with TD about saying that DM "made him" move the red Dodge.

SS has been saying repeatedly that DM was not really a friend and then TD got him to admit and say several times, DM was/is his friend.

And the bombshell that TD got SS to admit that SS and DM actually did talk about TB's truck on the Thursday night!

Yay TD! SS is :busted: It's so hard to keep the story straight SS, when it is filled with lies.

All MOO.

Too bad he couldn't get him to admit he had actually told him in the afternoon, right before DM cancelled the rush paint job and started gathering up evidence. I bet MS knows all about that. I'm sure he got an earful that day when they had to scramble around between crime scenes cleaning stuff up.

MOO

Yay TD! SS is :busted: It's so hard to keep the story straight SS, when it is filled with lies.

All MOO.

As Judge Judy says “If you tell the truth, then you don't have to have a good memory” :)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s24 seconds ago
"Why didn't you do your duty and call police?" Dungey asks, his voice raising. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s9 seconds ago
Schlatman says he talked to Dell about it Friday. "He said he hadn't done anything wrong. He was my friend, I believed him." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15s15 seconds ago
"Why don't you do your duty and call police?" Dungey demands. "He was my friend & I believed him," says Schlatman. "everything was a blur."

So NOW he IS your friend...

Why was the Crown not allowed to point out the inconsistencies in SS's statements? (ie: he LIED to the police.....) or were they allowed to but chose not to? Or would that have been a "leading" question that is only allowed on cross examination? Colour me confused.....I feel like TD's cross did more for the Crown than the Crown's actual questioning.....MOO

I'm sure he was only selling things that DM or one of the Millard companies had a legal title or receipt for.

Actually saw a few of those ads last night. Pretty much just the cars, jet skis and equipment related to the aviation industry. No trailers, wood chippers and other various stolen items were listed on kijiji that we ever found to my knowledge.

MOO

I agree, the ones listed on Kijiji were likely legit.
But off the books is an entirely different story, after all, he just did what he was told and asked NO questions lol

I won't be able to continue with Adam's live blog when the lunch break is over. If someone could pick that up it would be appreciated :)

Why was the Crown not allowed to point out the inconsistencies in SS's statements? (ie: he LIED to the police.....) or were they allowed to but chose not to? Or would that have been a "leading" question that is only allowed on cross examination? Colour me confused.....I feel like TD's cross did more for the Crown than the Crown's actual questioning.....MOO

This is their witness and leading questions can only be asked on cross. I'm sure they knew that TD would help them out with that. ;)

They will have more of an opportunity to point things out, now that SS has been crossed by two defense attorney in a completely different manner, after lunch however. Still don't think they're going to be too aggressive. They've got a couple of ladies coming up that they don't want to spook. Although I'm sure they're thinking twice about what they are in for.

MOO

I agree, the ones listed on Kijiji were likely legit.
But off the books is an entirely different story, after all, he just did what he was told and asked NO questions lol

Pretty sure LE seized everything until they sorted out what was legitimately owned and what wasn't and confiscated the items that were not.

MOO

Pretty sure LE seized everything until they sorted out what was legitimately owned and what wasn't and confiscated the items that were not.

MOO

Right away? I have no idea how the timeline would work. Just assumed they would be moving anything that could be sold and sell it quick.
I didn't realize they could just seize an entire estate and assets, that would sure be helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur