Bosma Murder Trial 04.05.16 - Day 30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. I got the same impression. From following the tweets it sounded like MS didn't get nervous and jumpy (in BD's words) until Millard was arrested. It was after DM's arrest that Smich got really paranoid and moved to his girlfriend's apartment, closed his Facebook, shut down his phones, etc. and started saying things like "I *advertiser censored**ed up" and "these n*****s are coming to get me." MOO

Agree.
I also suspect that MS was afraid because DM was now out of reach, MS had lost his confidant master.
In MS mind at the time, he would think it very likely that DM was pinning the entire thing on MS alone.
Although we know that DM clammed up, MS would not have known that at the time.

The "two gun" theory isn't holding up for me. I'm not disputing the testimony today, but the Crown's opening statements claim that DM dropped off the toolbox to a friend, and then after his arrest this toolbox was obtained by Smich. If there were two guns, whose gun was in the box? Were there two guns in the box?

We don't know who originally owned the toolbox, but there is a photo of it in DM's house from DM's computer.

Right now I'm leaning toward there being one murder weapon in this case. DM was in possession of it after the murder, but MS managed to get it after DM's arrest. JMO.

I agree there was only one gun. Daly is saying it was Smiches gun and it was in the toolbox.

Apr 5 2016 3:56 PM Pillay asking if Smich told Daly the gun belonged to him. He says yes.

Apr 5 2016 1:06 PM"Like I said, he said that the bullets went with a gun that he wanted, but he ended up with a different gun, and that gun ended up in the toolbox."

My theory is that DM and MS exited the truck when it was parked in the field, behind the haybales, probably saying they needed a moment to relieve themselves after the long drive. DM left his window down on the driver's side. When they came back DM shot an unsuspecting TB suddenly through the open window, or he opened the driver's side door and shot while still outside the truck, then MS took his shot from outside, on the driver's side as well. He may have waited to make sure TB did not get out of the passenger side door, then had his turn. This way they were both outside the truck and safe from bullets bouncing off metal inside the truck, and also safe from a possible struggle with poor TB, or having so much ringing in the ears from being in an enclosed small space while shooting. They may also have used some kind of silencer that we do not know about. To murder him this way, and not put themselves at risk, made it necessary for them to be willing to cause damage to one window, and have blood inside the truck, which they thought they could clean up later. When a shooter reached inside the truck to shoot, the bullet casing could eject into the back of the truck easily, where one was found. This is the way cowardly criminal psychopaths operate.

IMO

I agree it seems so risky/stupid to shoot off a gun inside a vehicle, but Crown testimony by an expert indicates they think that's what happened:

"I've never seen that many [gunshot residue particles] inside a vehicle," Gerard said. "To get that many spread out over such an area in the vehicle speaks to me that a firearm was discharged in the vehicle."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-gun-likely-fired-inside-truck-1.3481024

Anyone at the trial today......what was MS's demeanour when BD was testifying? I would think poker face as usual....just curious about impressions.....this really was the first evidence we are hearing about MS and not DM. moo

I was NOT in court today but I was told he was very somber and made little eye contact with his old friend. When Daly pointed him out in court, Smich looked back at him and Remained stone face. I don't feel bad for Smich at all but man, only an animal wouldn't feel guilty for dragging your friends into this mess.

What was so important about finding the phone that would have spooked MS? TB cell records were already available through a warrant. That's how they linked calls to the Bates phone, and IT.

If anyone "f---d up", it was DM and his unique tattoo that he chose to expose during the test drive with IT.

MOO

BBM I wonder if MS 'thought' he screwed up by activating TBs phone data prior to throwing it out the window? I am sure there are lots of reasons for him to utter that he 'f'd up'. MOO

Either way, whether it was before DM's arrest or after, when MS started repeating how he effed up, it does show at least some level of regret/guilt/remorse/whatever it was he was feeling. It's also possible he was only feeling remorseful for himself, as he suspected he was about to go down the same way DM did. It doesn't really change anything. He was still there, still participated and Tim is still dead. Of course I'd like to think at least one of these creeps does actually feel remorse for what they did that night, but it's possible neither of them do.

I don't want MSto get off lightly and he is a cold blooded murderer. But, he will redeem himself in my eyes if he gets up on the stand, tells the truth, no matter how bad it makes him look. Defendants rarely take the stand, but I'm holding out hope for Smich.

May just be me, but I see more "typical" emotions/actions from MS than DM. Even in the hangar video seems like MS is spooked a little, checking his surroundings.....By all accounts DM went about his merry little life, even after he knew LE was on to him - he kept meetings, business as usual....only emotion we have heard was when SS said he was upset about AJ calling crime stoppers. If we believe BD, MS started acting extremely paranoid after DM was arrested......to me that makes sense. You committed murder with this dude and he's arrested - time to freak out. At the trial, DM is treating this like a circus show.....smiling and waving, where MS IMO is acting more respectful and appropriate. Sociopath vs Gangsta **** wanna be who got in over his head? Moo and all that of course

IMO, MS and Pedo seem to be just following DM with their tails between their legs in that video segment.

With the crown nearing the end of it's witnesses, I assume that the defense can call it's own witnesses, to be cross examined by the crown.
Is this correct, and if so, is there advance disclosure to the crown of who will be called by the defense?

Yes, the crown and the families all know whose on each witness list. Sometimes, late witnesses are interviewed and added to prove a point or dismiss something that was testified too. But the lawyers are usually still given a bit of time to interview the witness so they know what to expect.

The dates were all a bit foggy because the witness did not remember them.

Someone might be able to figure it out from the phone pings and the use of the truck -- assuming the witness wasn't referring to the SUV as a truck, as some people do, although I think that's more an American thing.

I know many Canadians, including my mother in law, that *always* call our minivan a "truck". Drives me nuts, lol.

Agree.
I also suspect that MS was afraid because DM was now out of reach, MS had lost his confidant master.
In MS mind at the time, he would think it very likely that DM was pinning the entire thing on MS alone.
Although we know that DM clammed up, MS would not have known that at the time.

pretty sure the media was reporting Via Deepak that DM was remaining silent..not sure if MS would have been watching the news..but LE also put out his description after DM was arrested

Millard has so far maintained his right to remain silent

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/15/tim-bosma-murder-suspect-dellen-millard-in-hamilton-court

I know many Canadians, including my mother in law, that *always* call our minivan a "truck". Drives me nuts, lol.

My brother in law does it all the time. He can't come to terms that he is driving a Soccer Mom Van. lol.

I don't want MSto get off lightly and he is a cold blooded murderer. But, he will redeem himself in my eyes if he gets up on the stand, tells the truth, no matter how bad it makes him look. Defendants rarely take the stand, but I'm holding out hope for Smich.

Agreed. Smich is directing his lawyer. And his lawyer is showing some outrage at the crime. will be interesting to see how TD crosses BD tomorrow......asks him the same kind of questions he did SS or if he glosses over stuff. If a defendant takes the stand and admits his part in it.....what happens then? Hoping for a reduced sentence? I just don't understand if that is the plan, why he didn't speak with authorities after his arrest and make some kind of plea deal? Someone with more legal knowledge can maybe help me out here....

pretty sure the media was reporting Via Deepak that DM was remaining silent..not sure if MS would have been watching the news..but LE also put out his description after DM was arrested

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/15/tim-bosma-murder-suspect-dellen-millard-in-hamilton-court

When did the "AMBITION" tattoo description first hit the air and internet?

I would assume that both MS and AJ were listening to Bosma case updates after the 8th.

Agreed. Smich is directing his lawyer. And his lawyer is showing some outrage at the crime. will be interesting to see how TD crosses BD tomorrow......asks him the same kind of questions he did SS or if he glosses over stuff. If a defendant takes the stand and admits his part in it.....what happens then? Hoping for a reduced sentence? I just don't understand if that is the plan, why he didn't speak with authorities after his arrest and make some kind of plea deal? Someone with more legal knowledge can maybe help me out here....

The crown didn't need to offer a plea deal, likely because they know they have what they believe is enough evidence to put them away for a long time. If he gets up in the stand and is honest, what reward does he get? Nothing really, except maybe redemption in some people's eyes.

Thanks. I agree.
Interesting that in the same news article....
“We’re really waiting for the police investigation to be completed,” Paradkar said. “There are other suspects out there ... and once they’ve been apprehended I think you’ll have a fuller picture of what’s going on.”
MS nervous... in waaaay over their heads... if LE can find DM that quickly, they will find him too.

The crown didn't need to offer a plea deal, likely because they know they have what they believe is enough evidence to put them away for a long time. If he gets up in the stand and is honest, what reward does he get? Nothing really, except maybe redemption in some people's eyes.

So likely serving life either way.....decision time: do the right thing and come clean vs being a "snitch" or a "rat"......unless he has done some serious soul searching.....i think in his world a snitch is a bad label.....who knows? I hold out hope he does the right thing. IMO DM is a lost cause.....he may open his mouth to speak, but it won't be to come clean...

Do sleuthers remember finding MS facebook page wasn't it mark.s or something like that? Does anyone remember it all of a sudden going down?

So likely serving life either way.....decision time: do the right thing and come clean vs being a "snitch" or a "rat"......unless he has done some serious soul searching.....i think in his world a snitch is a bad label.....who knows? I hold out hope he does the right thing. IMO DM is a lost cause.....he may open his mouth to speak, but it won't be to come clean...

Think it's a mandatory 25 years, before being eligible for parole, but I'm not 100% sure on that. ABro would know more about that I believe.

My theory is that DM and MS exited the truck when it was parked in the field, behind the haybales, probably saying they needed a moment to relieve themselves after the long drive. DM left his window down on the driver's side. When they came back DM shot an unsuspecting TB suddenly through the open window, or he opened the driver's side door and shot while still outside the truck, then MS took his shot from outside, on the driver's side as well. He may have waited to make sure TB did not get out of the passenger side door, then had his turn. This way they were both outside the truck and safe from bullets bouncing off metal inside the truck, and also safe from a possible struggle with poor TB, or having so much ringing in the ears from being in an enclosed small space while shooting. They may also have used some kind of silencer that we do not know about. To murder him this way, and not put themselves at risk, made it necessary for them to be willing to cause damage to one window, and have blood inside the truck, which they thought they could clean up later. When a shooter reached inside the truck to shoot, the bullet casing could eject into the back of the truck easily, where one was found. This is the way cowardly criminal psychopaths operate.

IMO

Speculation alert**: Since we're speculating, I wanted to add this speculation re window smashed...My latest theory. Stopping on the dark Road, TB told to get out, MS produces gun, TB opens door, runs, shot on way out spewing blood, runs toward Bobcat, chase ensues, TB limping is caught, beat the crap out of him (for fun), DM points gun at TB taking his shot (for fun to try his gun out). MS gets orange tarp from Yukon. Drags body. Too hard to lift into higher up truck. DM and other party (who I think is CN) commiserate while MS does the work. Puts wrapped body in back seat of lower-sitting Yukon (thus needing to remove Yukon seat later). Keys locked in truck. Smash window to get back in. Yukon driver freaked out, rides in back seat truck, MS drives Yukon with body. DM drives truck. And now they live not-so-happily ever after in orange jump suits the rest of their lives. (not sure of the locked keys in car idea but thought it would be funny). Originally, I would say bullet broke window.

I know others thought my video photo editing was bizarre and not believable--and I know not allowed in court---, but here is the clip of what I think is the two commiserating while MS is in background cleaning up. DM&CN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18