Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry just updated my post with quote

No worries. :)

To answer with MOO to your question if that's ok, MS being used speaks to how DM seemed to operate. Never get his hands directly involved in something bad if he could avoid it. Try not to have direct links to something bad. So if he knows MS sells drugs, has a criminal record and basically just comes across as aimless, why not get him involved with stealing a truck and bringing a gun along? Get MS to come with him on the test drive and bring his gun for "safety" and then DM ends up using the gun. Then he can just say he really wanted to just test drive and buy a truck but his drug-dealing friend brought his gun and killed TB.

Again, MOO.

Just for the record, my notes show the "I ****ed up" conversation took place the day after Dell's truck zoomed by -- NOT on May 7. There is no ambiguity and I would be very curious to see if there is more than one reporter saying it was May 7.

The dates and days were often unclear at today's testimony but my strong impression was the conversation occurred after Millard's arrest.

I will check for more references.

ETA: Confirmed with screenshot of tweets

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-04-05 at 5.55.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2016-04-05 at 5.55.40 PM.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 54
MS being used doesn't explain him also being charged with first degree murder of LB. MOO

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Just for the record, my notes show the "I ****ed up" conversation took place the day after Dell's truck zoomed by -- NOT on May 7. There is no ambiguity and I would be very curious to see if there is more than one reporter saying it was May 7.

The dates and days were often unclear at today's testimony but my strong impression was the conversation occurred after Millard's arrest.

so if it is the day after the truck Zoomed by that would be the 8th. Still before DM was arrested.

I think some dates got tweeted wrong or Pillay got the days wrong as they would have pulled up on the 7th and Daly saw Smich on 8th

Adam Carter
Apr 5 2016 4:01 PM Pillay asking about May 6, when Daly saw Smich rolling up with Millard and Marlena in Millard's Yukon. Smich "blew past him," and went into the house, court hears.

Adam Carter
Apr 5 2016 4:02 PM On May 7, Smich told Daly "I f--ked up." "He said it over and over again, yes," Daly says.

AC's seems to be..after DM was arrested. I don't recall any other reporter saying the 7th?

ETA: Sorry Abro, yes I reread and it was during Pillay's cross examination. AC tweeted the 6th and the 7th.

"These guys don't **** around, they're going to find me. He said he f---ked up," Daly says about a conversation with Smich. "I f---ked up man, I f---ked up man," he says Smich said.

by*Adam Carter*2:43 PM

"I just remember the truck zooming by, Mark hopping out, running into the house, Marlena coming back out and telling us to scram," Daly says. I'm not sure about what date this pertains to.

by*Adam Carter*2:41 PM

Moodie asking about Smich's demeanor after Millard was arrested. "He said that he was scared that someone was going to come get him. He didn't really say who," Daly says. Moodie asks if Daly ever asked Smich about the Bosma investigation. "I just asked what was going on, and he got mad and just said he wasn't there and he wasn't involved. I guess defensive would be a better word," Daly says.

AC's seems to be..after DM was arrested. I don't recall any other reporter saying the 7th?

"These guys don't **** around, they're going to find me. He said he f---ked up," Daly says about a conversation with Smich. "I f---ked up man, I f---ked up man," he says Smich said.

by*Adam Carter*2:43 PM

"I just remember the truck zooming by, Mark hopping out, running into the house, Marlena coming back out and telling us to scram," Daly says. I'm not sure about what date this pertains to.

Moodie asking about Smich's demeanor after Millard was arrested. "He said that he was scared that someone was going to come get him. He didn't really say who," Daly says. Moodie asks if Daly ever asked Smich about the Bosma investigation. "I just asked what was going on, and he got mad and just said he wasn't there and he wasn't involved. I guess defensive would be a better word," Daly says.

Adam Carter 4:01 through 4:03 implies a conversation on the 7th, during cross.

BBM. I got the same impression. From following the tweets it sounded like MS didn't get nervous and jumpy (in BD's words) until Millard was arrested. It was after DM's arrest that Smich got really paranoid and moved to his girlfriend's apartment, closed his Facebook, shut down his phones, etc. and started saying things like "I *advertiser censored**ed up" and "these n*****s are coming to get me." MOO

Well, we know he lied to his friend about that.

Either way, whether it was before DM's arrest or after, when MS started repeating how he effed up, it does show at least some level of regret/guilt/remorse/whatever it was he was feeling. It's also possible he was only feeling remorseful for himself, as he suspected he was about to go down the same way DM did. It doesn't really change anything. He was still there, still participated and Tim is still dead. Of course I'd like to think at least one of these creeps does actually feel remorse for what they did that night, but it's possible neither of them do.

Adam Carter 4:01 through 4:03 implies a conversation on the 7th, during cross.

Yup, sorry Abro.....I went back and reread. It was during the cross examination by Pillay. I remembered after I hit post that there was something about "on the 6th waiting for weed" then blowing by on the 7th with DM and MM in Yukon.

Adam's Carter tweet(s) indicating conversations were on May 7 have been deleted from his feed.

Yup, sorry Abro.....I went back and reread. It was during the cross examination by Pillay. I remembered after I hit post that there was something about "on the 6th waiting for weed" then blowing by on the 7th with DM and MM in Yukon.

No, this is wrong. We were not told the date MIllard blew by. I want to emphasize this.

No, this is wrong. We were not told the date MIllard blew by. I want to emphasize this.

Another journalist had the same sequence marked as "the week of May 6th". I wonder if this is where the mistake originated - Adam Carter using the fixed date of May 6th rather than the week of, and then fixing other events as relative to that.

Adam's Carter tweet(s) indicating conversations were on May 7 have been deleted from his feed.

Nope I'm still seeing it.

On May 7, Smich told Daly "I f--ked up." "He said it over and over again, yes," Daly says.

by*Adam Carter*4:02 PM

Pillay asking about May 6, when Daly saw Smich rolling up with Millard and Marlena in Millard's Yukon. Smich "blew past him," and went into*the house, court hears

http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/The_Tim_Bosma_trial_April_5?Page=2

Another journalist had the same sequence marked as "the week of May 6th". I wonder if this is where the mistake originated - Adam Carter using the fixed date of May 6th rather than the week of, and then fixing other events as relative to that.

The dates were all a bit foggy because the witness did not remember them.

Someone might be able to figure it out from the phone pings and the use of the truck -- assuming the witness wasn't referring to the SUV as a truck, as some people do, although I think that's more an American thing.

Here are the tweets from Molly Hayes:

• Moodie asks if he had any involvement w Smich and Millard between May 7 and May 10.
  • Daly says he thinks at one point at Smich's apt he went down and let Millard into the bldg.
  • Asked about Smich at that point he says he didn't notice anything unusual. "Not really no."
  • "It wasn't until after Dell got arrested that I think I noticed a change," he says.
  • Moodie asks if he'd like to review his statement to police. Daly now reading transcript to himself.
  • "I remember now," he says.
  • Says he remembers DM's truck dropping Mark off. Mark ran inside. Sent Marlena out with my (Daly's) weed...
  • "Marlena returned and said "you have to get the hell out of here" and we took off.
  • Recalls Smich saying people were coming for him. "He said 'I ****ed up man, I ****ed up man.'

I would interpret from this that MS running into the house was the first indication to Daly that something about him was "off". However, the last tweet about MS saying people were coming after him and that he *advertiser censored**ed up was a reference to Daly's interactions with MS after Millard was arrested. JMO.

DM went to a lot of trouble and risk to cover up one of his minions F' ups. It does sound like MS may have been the trigger man. If he was and there are two guns, DM should be turning his in. It would prove that his gun didn't fire the spent casing found in the back of the truck.

I think we may possibly be oscillating over the next week on who the actual shooter was. At this point in the trial, both deserve serious time.

MOO

It they both had guns, they both probably wanted to use them. I think they each shot Tim. One, maybe DM, took the first shot, and even if Tim was already dead, I can see MS taking a second shot with his gun. That way they are equally obligated to cover for the other, and I think it is quite possible that both of them wanted the sick thrill. DM likely got rid of his own gun, and MS got rid of his. IMO

Here are the posts currently in Adam Carter's feed on the relevant part of the Pillay cross-examination:

-Pillay's cross-examination now starting.
-Pillay asking if Smich told Daly the gun belonged to him. He says yes.
-"You trusted him and he trusted you?" Pillay asks. Daly says yes.
-Daly found out Smich had been arrested on May 22, and then later that day the police showed up.
-Daly says he hasn't had any contact with Smich after that time.
-“He was your provider for Marijuana?” Pillay asks. “Yes,” Daly says.
-"It immediately became apparent that something bad had happened? There was a sense of dread in his voice?" Pillay asks. Daly says yes
-Daly agrees that Smich grew more and more anxious and unsettled as the days went on after May 7
-"All of his cell phones, he got rid of, right?" Pillay says. Daly says yes.
-Daly says he had no point of contact after that, so he would use other people's phones.
-"It was clear to you to sort of go underground ... he was preparing to flee, try to conceal himself," Pillay says. Daly says yes.
and so on.

The Crown questioning from Adam Carter's tweets:

-Moodie asks if Daly ever asked Smich about the Bosma investigation
-"I just asked what was going on, and he got mad just said he wasn't there and he wasn't involved," Daly says.
-"These guys don't **** around, they're going to find me. He said he f---ked up," Daly says about a conversation with Smich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jab99