Bosma Murder Trial 04.05.16 - Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to figure that out as well. He makes it sound like it is some ****s and not LE. But IMO the fact that he wants to raise money for a lawyer makes me think it was LE. If you had ****s after you, a lawyer isn't your first thought, money for a plane ticket is. MOO

Since he's been arrested before, he may very well have meant LE.

So we hear today, the gun that needed to disappear was in the toolbox neatly tucked away in mom's washing machine. Because, who in the world would think to look in mom's washing machine? Ugh. So at what point did MS retrieve it and bury it in the forest, as he told MM?

As for him saying he effed up over and over again, it's hard to know how to take that. He could have been talking about going with DM in the first place that night, shooting Tim (if he's the one who did it), killing Tim if it wasn't intended to be a kill shot, letting DM use his gun (if DM is the one who shot Tim), assisting DM with the incinerator horror, etc. He could have meant ALL of it, or some of it. The fact that we're hearing how messed up he was about it means he did actually feel some kind of regret or remorse or guilt about what he was involved with that night. Contrast that to DM sitting there smugly in court, smiling and waving as witnesses come in. HUGE difference.

I'm curious what others think. Up until now, 99% percent of all the speculation around motive, on this forum, has had to do with DM. We've all had lots of theories in regard to DM's motives.

However, what about MS's motives? Clearly DM would be getting the truck in the end, so that was the payoff for the risk he took. But what was MS going to get out of this? Not the truck, that's for sure.

Was DM going to pay him? Otherwise, what could possibly be worth the risk for MS?

The only thing I can think of, other than monetary compensation, is that MS was so under DM's spell, that he marched to DM's drum no matter how ludicrous the idea or risk might be.

I have a feeling that even though motive need not be proven in this case, Dungey will ultimately try to appeal to the fact that MS had no motive here, and that he was ultimately the victim of DM's mind control.

What say you?

He only got a little more than 30 minutes to cross exam today and there is still the other defense team to cross so I think him coming back was a given. JMO

yep. and I'm sure TD will have some questions......can't see how this would have been finished today.....don't see it as disrespectful at all.....it is a process....

I was trying to figure that out as well. He makes it sound like it is some ****s and not LE. But IMO the fact that he wants to raise money for a lawyer makes me think it was LE. If you had ****s after you, a lawyer isn't your first thought, money for a plane ticket is. MOO

not to belabour the point....but DM had already been arrested at this time....it was investigation of him that led them to MB. But yes, MB could have moved the trailer.

Yes, he was arrested Thur. the 10th and the truck was recovered Sunday the 12th.

I'm curious what others think. Up until now, 99% percent of all the speculation around motive, on this forum, has had to do with DM. We've all had lots of theories in regard to DM's motives.

However, what about MS's motives? Clearly DM would be getting the truck in the end, so that was the payoff for the risk he took. But what was MS going to get out of this? Not the truck, that's for sure.

Was DM going to pay him? Otherwise, what could possibly be worth the risk for MS?

The only thing I can think of, other than monetary compensation, is that MS was so under DM's spell, that he marched to DM's drum no matter how ludicrous the idea or risk might be.

I have a feeling that even though motive need not be proven in this case, Dungey will ultimately try to appeal to the fact that MS had no motive here, and that he was ultimately the victim of DM's mind control.

What say you?

bbm:

I've wondered too if MS's life was dominated by DM's whims and need for DM to have a set of ''groupies''. I wonder if MS remorse is accepting the invite to ride along with DM that night at all.

I have definite respect for the people who normally post the blog and tweets on here! It wasn't too busy today and it still was a lot of work.

What say you?
I kinda feel like DM and TB were struggling in the front seat over getting out of the truck...I'm not convinced the window was shattered from a gunshot but maybe kicked out or from a struggle. I think Smich brought a gun and I think he panicked and shot TB. I feel it was unplanned and that is why there is so much evidence. IMO

After today's testimony, it seems the Crown is solidifying its case that both DM and MS are guilty as charged.

IMO, both defendants seem to be seriously mentally/socially/emotionally disordered. I don't say that to excuse either one, but it seems obvious to me and it helps me to understand why I cannot relate at all to the inexplicable actions of both.

All MOO.

The 'I *advertiser censored***d up' comments came after DM was arrested, and don't necessarily refer to the sequence of events on May 6, IMHO, but could have meant "I did the Bosma murder with DM stupidly thinking we'd get away with it, and now I've ruined my and my families lives"

Does anybody know when police knew that the second suspect was MS? I'm not sure if I missed this info somewhere...

I kinda feel like DM and TB were struggling in the front seat over getting out of the truck...I'm not convinced the window was shattered from a gunshot but maybe kicked out or from a struggle. I think Smich brought a gun and I think he panicked and shot TB. I feel it was unplanned and that is why there is so much evidence. IMO

Good point. Not much about how the window was smashed.

I'm beginning to think that MS was used. Time will tell if I am right.

Me too. Maybe DM asked him to bring his gun along and he stupidly did. DM used it and because it had links to MS buying it originally, he panicked? MOO.

Anyone else find it interesting that none of DM or MS has any family in the courtroom? Really, don't you think an innocent man would have his whole family and a boatload of friends showing up every day to support them?

The fact that these two <modsnip> don't even have their mothers show up, or their sisters, speaks VOLUMES about their guilt.

Guilt is demonstrated in many other ways, not just DNA, videos, phone calls, etc.

The 'I *advertiser censored***d up' comments came after DM was arrested, and don't necessarily refer to the sequence of events on May 6, IMHO, but could have meant "I did the Bosma murder with DM stupidly thinking we'd get away with it, and now I've ruined my and my families lives"

Apr 5 2016 4:02 PMOn May 7, Smich told Daly "I f--ked up." "He said it over and over again, yes," Daly says.

The Walther PPK is a 9mm. That's the one we've seen images of. That's what the spent cartridge is from.

What gun does the zombie bullet fit?

I'll accept for now that one of the reporters said 2 guns. I went by Adam's tweets because they made more sense to me, and his tweets read like 1 gun.

Just because MS told his friend some tale about zombie bullets and he & DM buying guns, doesn't mean it was true. All or part could have been bs, or have been misunderstood by the witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem