Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I was reading the early days of the trial after becoming confused on a few issues.

I remember finding this from day 5 post 262, Who was this Brendan Daly? I found out yesterday.

02-08-2016, 03:42 PM #262
inbetweendoors
inbetweendoors is offline Registered User

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 17s17 seconds ago
Iaccio has been sworn in as an expert in cell communications. He got a call from police on May 7 after #TimBosma vanished. #HamOnt #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s30 seconds ago
There were 2 production orders by HPS in this case for 2 numbers--one was the Lucas Bate phone (the phone that called #Bosma on May 6)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Also a phone registered to Brendan Daily. Spelling is unclear.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
289 number belonged to a "Brendan Daly." #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Iaccio says in the particular case, @HamiltonPolice made 2 production orders. 1 for "Bate" records & 1 for records of a 289
number. #Millard

Napper505 :)

I believe it was mentioned by either Sharlene or Wayne that DM was driving when they left TB's yard. As for who pulled the trigger, if it was MS, it occurred before they left with the Yukon. By the time they arrived at the Bobcat dealer, he was dead.

I have a feeling we will hear who pulled the trigger by one of the GF's. I believe it was DM, and he was alone in the truck with TB when it happened. Something went wrong, and DM never intended to mess up his new toy.

MOO

There is likely a lot I don't know about this but I think that Mark S shot him from the back seat around the same time Tim Bosma ( I am assuming ) threw his cell phone out the window as a last ditch effort to leave some trace for police to go on. I think that if dellen m and Mark s knew that cell phone got thrown out they would have went back for it. That cell phone of Tim Bosma's provided a lot of information combined with Shane Schlatman's father in law calling crimestoppers with the VIN. I wonder if you know if the cell phone had been found prior to the father in law phoning in the VIN? Do you know?

There is likely a lot I don't know about this but I think that Mark S shot him from the back seat around the same time Tim Bosma I am assuming threw his cell phone out the window as a last ditch effort to leave some trace for police to go on. I think that if dellen m and Mark s knew that cell phone got thrown out they would have went back for it. That cell phone of Tim Bosma's provided a lot of information combined with Shane Schlatman's father in law calling crimestoppers with the VIN. I wonder if you know if the cell phone had been found prior to the father in law phoning in the VIN? Do you know?

I'm undecided on whether the two doofuses were dumb enough to ditch the phone or if it being tossed out by TB is more likely.

But as far as shooting from the back seat, we've already heard testimony about significant GSR over the driver's side seat/roof.

To my knowledge, there is no evidence photo of a box of Zombie ammo and a Glock gun. This may have been an example that someone posted on facebook after BD's testimony but it does not appear to have anything to do with this trial.

MOO

My memory is hazy (no drug usage here) but i do remember it being presented by the OP in the post as an evidence photo, "as found" on an I-Pad. You may well be correct that it was an example photo, rather than an evidence photo - and attributed incorrectly. The weapon shown, was of a Glock type. The post also included a list of ammunition calibres that the "Zombie ammo" was manufactured for, including .380 ACP.

Since I made the original post a few hours ago, I have searched for that photo - and my post - it is not to be found. I can only assume that this particular thread has since been deleted, wherever the post was made.

Shane Schlatman's father in law going to the hangar after he called crimestoppers and knew that it was the Tim Bosma vehicle is a little questionable. Most people would not go back. Especially given that he also said he felt like he was going to vomit when he saw it there initially. This is bizarre stuff.

Two guns in the toolbox? We were told MS buried one gun in the forest, so where did the other one go to? Did MH or AM take DM's out, DM decided to remove his prior to giving MH the toolbox, perhaps DM pitched his on his way to MB's house. Do we even know who factually who owned the Walther PPK or is that still up in the air?

Sounds like MS was expecting a load of weed as pay off from DM for his assistance in helping him steal TB's truck. When MS opened the toolbox he got a surprised, he found the gun connected to TB's murder in there as well. No doubt he wanted to get rid of it IF DM was the one who used his gun to murder TB, even if it was MS's own gun. Sounds like DM wanted someone along on the test drive who had an illegal handgun and MS was just the person. Where was DM's gun?

So do I have this correct, DM dropped the toolbox with a gun and weed inside off at MH's parent's house at 4:00am, AM picks up the toolbox from MH and then AM dropped the toolbox off at MM's (sister's?) apartment building and left it under the stairway for MS to retrieve? MS then takes the toolbox home to his mother's house and hides the toolbox in a compartment of the washing machine. MS tries to get rid of the gun and weed buy selling them, is unsuccessful, therefore buries the gun in the forest, shares the weed with pals and keeps the toolbox which is then found in his bedroom. SMH and MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2h2 hours ago
At 1:57 am, H texts back "haha full of guns?"
At 2:11, DM (on Noudga's phone) writes: "..."
At 4:10, DM writes "2."
#Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes Apr 5
He says Smich told him it was ok to hang out at the apartment bc the toolbox had been moved to his moms house.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7h7 hours ago
Dungey again says that Daly doesn't remember Smich telling him he wasn't expecting the gun to be "laid on him because of his drug use

What video is Dungey referring to?

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5h5 hours ago
"So the gun in the video has nothing to do with the gun in the toolbox," Dungey says in that statement. "Correct," Daly says.

"Mr. Smich never told you that his gun was the one in the toolbox," Dungey says. "Yes he did," Daly says.

So.. knowing this evidence was coming down the pipes.. DM's defence looks like a bit of a dufus now. 'He likes having the best', 'he has lots of money and no reason to steal', 'he didn't do anything wrong, as can be seen by him leaving things in the wide open'; whatever he says NOW isn't going to be met with a lot of belief, is it?

They would have had this stuff in disclosure. Can't make sense of them emphasizing that now when there is all this evidence of him simply taking what he wants and barely needs. Maybe their defense options really are that thin.

They are setting the stage for Dellen saying he was framed by Mark Smich.

Two guns in the toolbox? We were told MS buried one gun in the forest, so where did the other one go to? Did MH or AM take DM's out, DM decided to remove his prior to giving MH the toolbox, perhaps DM pitched his on his way to MB's house. Do we even know who factually who owned the Walther PPK or is that still up in the air?

Sounds like MS was expecting a load of weed as pay off from DM for his assistance in helping him steal TB's truck. When MS opened the toolbox he got a surprised, he found the gun connected to TB's murder in there as well. No doubt he wanted to get rid of it IF DM was the one who used his gun to murder TB, even if it was MS's own gun. Sounds like DM wanted someone along on the test drive who had an illegal handgun and MS was just the person. Where was DM's gun?

So do I have this correct, DM dropped the toolbox with a gun and weed inside off at MH's parent's house at 4:00am, AM picks up the toolbox from MH and then AM dropped the toolbox off at MM's (sister's?) apartment building and left it under the stairway for MS to retrieve? MS then takes the toolbox home to his mother's house and hides the toolbox in a compartment of the washing machine. MS tries to get rid of the gun and weed buy selling them, is unsuccessful, therefore buries the gun in the forest, shares the weed with pals and keeps the toolbox which is then found in his bedroom. SMH and MOO.

#Bosma

He says Smich told him it was ok to hang out at the apartment bc the toolbox had been moved to his moms house.

Dungey again says that Daly doesn't remember Smich telling him he wasn't expecting the gun to be "laid on him because of his drug use

"So the gun in the video has nothing to do with the gun in the toolbox," Dungey says in that statement. "Correct," Daly says.

"Mr. Smich never told you that his gun was the one in the toolbox," Dungey says. "Yes he did," Daly says.
It was TD that suggested that there was weed in the toolbox, there was no testimony regarding that IIRC. Other then that I believe you have it all right :) MOO

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm undecided on whether the two doofuses were dumb enough to ditch the phone or if it being tossed out by TB is more likely.

But as far as shooting from the back seat, we've already heard testimony about significant GSR over the driver's side seat/roof.

I don't understand what you mean by Gun shot Residue over the driver's side seat/roof? To me....it could be possible to have that happen from Mark Smich from the back seat. Dellen M doing the driving and Mark S doing whatever he was doing in order to have a gun go off into Tim Bosma.

There is likely a lot I don't know about this but I think that Mark S shot him from the back seat around the same time Tim Bosma ( I am assuming ) threw his cell phone out the window as a last ditch effort to leave some trace for police to go on. I think that if dellen m and Mark s knew that cell phone got thrown out they would have went back for it. That cell phone of Tim Bosma's provided a lot of information combined with Shane Schlatman's father in law calling crimestoppers with the VIN. I wonder if you know if the cell phone had been found prior to the father in law phoning in the VIN? Do you know?

The information of value came from the production order for the cell phone records, not the physical phone. I suspect they threw it out to avoid taking it with them to properties related to them. Even with the battery out I suspect they would have remained paranoid about that.

What was the valuable information on his phone? They had gotten a rush warrant for his cell records.

Tim's phone was found near the Bobcat dealership where they pulled over. I don't believe he was shot there, you would see a bright flash from a .380 fired from a short barrel gun. And I will also go out on the limb and say that Tim was already dead at that point.

They were stopped at the Bobcat dealership for some time, and I believe it was to discuss the change of plans since the shooting didn't go down as planned.

I am speculating, and believe we will get those important last minutes of Tim's life explained very soon.

MOO

I don't understand what you mean by Gun shot Residue over the driver's side seat/roof? To me....it could be possible to have that happen from Mark Smich from the back seat. Dellen M doing the driving and Mark S doing whatever he was doing in order to have a gun go off into Tim Bosma.

The expert witnesses were not able to place the gun from the deposit pattern of the residue, so I know I sure can't!

Do we know that Mark Smich's gun ever left his possession? Who is saying that D. Mellard delivered Mark Smich's gun back with weed to him in a tool case?
''

For someone who doesn't want to be snitch, Brendan Daly is singing like the supremes. I have interpreted what he said under oath today to be that Mark Smich made the statement to him ..."I messed up". Not "we messed up"....in reference to the murder of T. Bosma. I take that to mean Mark Smich shot Tim Bosma. Also Brendan Daly saying that Smich told him that he was afraid "Dellen M would frame him". Interesting. Either way they are both guilty of murder. The blood spatter on the glove box indicates that it is likely T. Bosma was sitting in the front passenger seat. I have a question. Do we know who drove the truck away from the Bosma home? Was it Dellen M? If it was then Smich was in the back seat and he likely shot Tiim. B. Dellen M will say that he had no intention of shooting anyone. Smich will say the gun went off by accident. I can just imagine what they will come up with.

To quote Mark Smich's lawyer while cross examining Brendan Daly: "It's honourable for you to come to court and testify. You're doing the right thing. That's what every citizen should do . That's not being a rat. That's not being a snitch. That's being a citizen."

So why are you insulting BD?

#Bosma

:cheers: Great post, swedie!

BD was referring to a video of a gun that MS had shown him and that video is not entered as evidence. IMO, TD was trying to establish that the gun in the video BD saw was not related to the gun in the toolbox. HTH

Weird, though because BD said several times that he never saw the gun or knew what type of gun MS had or what type of gun was in the toolbox, IMO.

An aside. I keep typing BD's initials as "BS" and then have to correct! :)

All MOO.

Huh? So you think all 3 drove to Kimera....TB ditched his phone...was shot... And THEN they went back to get the yukon? So all of the video evidence of the Yukon following TB's truck was a coincidence? And the video expert was mistaken when he said it was DM's Yukon? We have heard from firearm experts and blood spatter analysts that they can not be certain who the shooter was......please help me understand your theory, because it isn't making any sense to me. mOO

The Walther PPK has an ejection port on the RHS of the slide - as such, GSR would be forcibly expended from the muzzle of the weapon, and the ejection port as the spent shell casing is ejected.

IMHO, if the weapon was fired inside of the cabin, Evidence of GSR primarily being found on the driver's side roof headliner, would point at the shot coming from the driver's side - unless MS was heavily leaning into the front drivers side of the cabin, and shooting the gun sideways, gangsta-style. What would make that difficult, is the large center console that many of the Dodge Ram crew/extended cabs come equipped with in the front of the cabin, between the seats - if so equipped.

The spent brass being found in the rear of the cabin, on the RHS by the rear seat mounting point, kind of points to me that the pistol was being held side-on, from the direction of the driver's side seat. Who was put in charge of the clean-up of the cabin, ripping out of floor coverings, seats? DM, or MS? Was DM shaking his head at MS because he failed to 'clean up' that vital piece of evidence against them, or lied in saying he did so?

Do we know if MS was right handed, or left? Do we know if he was sitting behind TB, or behind DM? All factors to consider, also.

Again, all IMHO.. fascinating case.

So, anyone besides me a little unnerved about the sister screaming "whatever you've got in the house, get rid of it" ?? It's pretty obvious she assumed he had *something* incriminating in the house, and instead of telling him to go to the police, she tells him to "get rid of it"??

I was confused as to whether she was telling him to get all of his things or just the special incriminating things.

Only reason I can come up with is that the gun(s) were very expensive to buy, and DM and MS still did not believe they would ever be caught. I truly believe they both thought everything was just going to blow over, and they would go pick up the gun(s), and continue on with life. JMO

Your post really resonated with me and took some time to sink in. lol IMO, that toolbox was routinely used to transport weed and perhaps other drugs for DM deliveries. That makes sense to me in the context of MH knowing what its typical use was for, IMO. It also makes sense that if my opinion is true, that MS would have expected to receive weed in that toolbox and was utterly freaked out when he opened the toolbox and saw a gun . . .or two, IMO.

All MOO.

I'll never look at guys wearing safety vests, hard hats, and carrying tool boxes the same way. I WILL be suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6