Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...both sides are spinning and will really be doing this more with the cross of the upcoming witnesses. People who were involved during that week and therefore the lawyers can just pose suggestions to all through the cross. We saw it today with both sides crossing BD and making their own suggestions as to what what going down after the murder. They will both be doing the same with MH and all the other friends/girlfriends as well. Not sure either defense team wants to put their client up on the stand to tell their side of things, although I'm also not sure if RP will be able to stop DM from testifying. Perhaps TD's cross of SS might make him think twice about subjecting himself to a cross from both Dungey and the Crown. Somehow I do see DM's defense team bringing in their own expert witnesses to spin some of the forensic evidence though, especially the video evidence. And some other witnesses, like perhaps his mother, to discuss their version of things. So they will forfeit their turn at closing after the Crown but it appears that Dungey would be getting the last word anyway.

MOO
Nothing would be better than putting a pathological liar on the stand. IMO, DM could give JA a run for her money. I have a feeling that at the beginning of the trial, DM was feeling pretty darn confident that he was going to squirm his way out of this. Why wouldn't he? Who would ever believe that he would steal anything because he didn't need to. And that in itself is what makes this crime so sad and horrible. DM didn't need to go to Baja :( DM had lots of vehicles to get from point A to point B with- he didn't need to steal a truck :( He didn't need to make the decision to murder TB :( He didn't need to dispose of this beautiful man as if he was a dead animal. :( He didn't need to do this- he did it because that's what he wanted to do :( No wonder Kavanaugh and his colleagues never stopped. MOO

Day 30 (yesterday's discussion) page 17, post # 245 Ontario mom listed the Zombie Bullets and what sizes they come in.

Cansleuther page 17, post #243 posted a pic of the zombie bullets.

ETA: Look above the top post, there is a tool bar to the right. Go to trial day 30, click on search thread, type Zombie bullets. There were a few more post related to the bullets, I only referenced 2.

I was incorrect in attributing it to an evidence photo - found what i vaguely remembered from the past few days. My post reply indicating that i thought it was a Glock, has apparently been deleted from the thread.

MWJ Instagram photo from January 22, 2013: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ux9dq0o20v/

Cansluether original post with the link, April 5th, 2016 post 204 - page 14: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Trial-04-05-16-Day-30&p=12451771#post12451771

Hm, I interpreted this a little differently -- that for this whole case, there were two Wind Mobile phone numbers for which HPS obtained production orders. Doesn't mean that BD called TB, IMO. Iaccio was just a representative from Wind reporting his company's involvement in this case. When the Rogers rep testified, she listed six numbers that productions orders were obtained for, IIRC.

But this was the production order initiated at 2:00 am on the morning of May 7th, hours after Bosma disappeared. They were trying to trace who had gotten in the truck with Bosma. The only info they had to go on were TB's own cell records, at that stage.

They need to recall him back. I hope they have the opportunity to do so. Unless he has said what they wanted to to build their case and were afraid of dismantling him. Personally I would love to see a good lawyer dismantle that man.
?? Really? These young guys aren't on trial for murder- their only job as Crown witnesses is to get on the stand and TELL THE TRUTH. AFAIK, both Pillay and Dungey tried hard to jolt BD into saying things that weren't quite true and BD held firm. Why do you think the D should dismantle BD? My take was that he just told it as it was. MOO

There are currently 140 users browsing this thread. (42 members and 98 guests)

But this was the production order initiated at 2:00 am on the morning of May 7th, hours after Bosma disappeared. They were trying to trace who had gotten in the truck with Bosma. The only info they had to go on were TB's own cell records, at that stage.

What was initiated in the early hours of May 7, 2013 was a humanitarian request. The production order came later.

Residue could be there if shooter reached over seat. Does anyone know if Smitch is left handed? That would make sense. I looked at the rap video and he is giving left hand punches, and holding the lamp in the right hand and knife in the left, so maybe.

Was there ever a picture of MS smoking? Every right hand person I know (including myself) hold their cigarette in their right hand. I know one left handed person and he smokes with his left hand.

ETA: hippy_chic answered this already..... "DM writes with his left hand and MS writes with his right hand".....thanks hippy_chic :)

All this talk about guns hidden in toolboxes is comical. It's bad enough these idiots were talking about it over sms, but why wouldnt you just DISPOSE of the evidence right away. Go to the damn woods with a pair of shovels and bury it, dont ever bring it up again. This really brings home the fact that Millard really believed getting caught wasn't a possibility. Hubris? Immaturity? Pure stupidity? *OR* Maybe he just didn't give a **** whether or not he got caught. Like he said -- he's already been around the world and has seen everything it has to offer, nothing left to experience. Interesting story. Probably genetic predisposition to psychopathy coupled with an unchecked privileged youth led him to this. The world is his. The thing is though, this guy never did lead a 'normal' type of lifestyle, so him getting up to no good is not even a surprise. Yeah yeah everyone says he was a 'nice guy', let me tell you nice guys never fool me. It's those fellows who lead "Normal" respectable lifestyles who go out and serial murder that are TRULY scary, the ones with real double lives that you never even find out about until theyre arrested for 15 separate murders. This is just some punk with a silver spoon up his *advertiser censored* -- going out at all hours of the night thrillseeking, always plenty of cash on hand, drug addict friends....basically doing whatever he wants without any fear. come on the writing was on the wall. These types of guys would be 'punished' right away in various other cultures for this kind of behavior.

Bottom line : if you have a conscienceless person who eventually loses their fear and begins to think they can do whatever they want, you MUST remove them from society, even if they haven't really done anything serious yet..... because eventually they will.... they always do.

I agree with everything you've said here. I was thinking about this as I read today of MS being so worried about being killed. Im thinking he became completely unhinged at witnessing DM pull the trigger and thought he might be next. JMO.

To quote Mark Smich's lawyer while cross examining Brendan Daly: "It's honourable for you to come to court and testify. You're doing the right thing. That's what every citizen should do . That's not being a rat. That's not being a snitch. That's being a citizen."

So why are you insulting BD?

He obstructed justice when he did not tell the police the whole truth. I don't believe him now. I feel he is lying by omitting and the lawyers did not go there with him because it would not build whatever case they are trying to build. I hope he gets recalled. Lots of clarification needed by Mr. BD.

BD says he never saw MS with a gun, which may or may not be true. He did agree that MS wrote rap lyrics about guns, and Pillay read out the line from MS's iPad "my 380 is no stranger, when I'm angered you're in danger."

MS's "creative" pursuits i.e. nickname of Say10, rap lyrics, and his Hallow'een killer video (though I don't think that video has come up in court) may damage his image to the jury, but IMO, I think these things were done to impress those in his circle of friends and to sell them an image of himself as a rapper.

Without the context of this trial, while I personally find offense in these type of things, I don't think they alone are an indicator of criminal intentions or acts. If they were, there would be lot more rap wannabes in prison.

IHMO, this socially rebellious behaviour is a sign of the times. In the 60's and 70's many young people rebelled against the system, smoked weed, dropped acid and marched against the Viet Nam war much to their parents and the authorities dismay. I recall parents then thinking rock music was synonymous with the devil's work. Today many young people are enamored by celebrity or "gangsta" culture and it shows in their musical tastes, but for most, IMO, this is just an expression of their youth and it will pass. Lots of this tough guy / girl posturing nowadays is about image, trying to be cool and to gain "respect" among like-minded peers and IMO, a lot of it is bluff and bluster. Time will tell.

All MOO.

Wrong. What was initiated in the early hours of May 7, 2013 was a humanitarian request. The production order came later.
Sends shivers up my spine. To think that LE were making a humanitarian request for phone info at 2:00 am - while the family was franticly trying to find TB and at the same time, just 30 km's away, DM & MS were tending to the flames of the incinerator.

They initially pulled Bosma's phone info to see what numbers had called him. That gave them the Bate phone number, which was on Wind. They then pulled the Bate phone's info via a humanitarian request (per ABro) at 2am on May 7.

The production orders came later, and if I understand correctly contained more detailed info such as a wider time frame. Brendan Daly's phone was just one of the two Wind phones for which a production order was obtained in this whole case.

Yes, the toolbox got around. lol It was also pictured at DM's home which was also a popular hangout for his friends. We all know DM was no handyman, he had JV and SS to use real tools, so yes, that toolbox was a safe cover IMO to hide drugs and to move them from place to place and I bet all his buddies and gfs and theirs knew exactly what it was used for, IMO.
All MOO.

BBM

I also thought the same thing when reading Hagermans testimony. Maybe MS was expecting to receive a toolbox full of weed, payment from DM for the job? When he gets the toolbox, he's shocked to find a gun in the box and starts thinking that DM is trying to frame him for TBs murder. Would he have really wanted to receive the toolbox knowing that it held the gun? Maybe, but he sure seemed very nervous to be close to it.

After the testimony of the last few days, which I have found the most interesting thus far, I'm looking at things a little differently in regards to Smitch. No doubt he is guilty IMO, but I think he did whatever MM told him to. SS testified that he did whatever DM told him to, no questions asked. I believe others have said this as well, and I think those still to testify will too.

No, not in MSM. CN was cleared of involvement that night by LE. She only got involved after the 9th.

What about Marlena Meneses, Andrew Michalski, Shane Schlatman, a dude named Arthur, people he used to do surveillance with their walkie talkie radios......a whole list of possibilities re who was driving the yukon truck trailing them.

I don't own a gun nor have I been accused of murder BUT if I had the literal smoking gun, I think I would just toss it....Garbage can, dumpster, river... I wouldn't go through the trouble of selling it.... I'd want as much distance from it as soon as possible. Wouldn't you?

and that really makes me believe that he didn't shoot it. JMO

Was there ever a picture of MS smoking? Every right hand person I know (including myself) hold their cigarette in their right hand. I know one left handed person and he smokes with his left hand.

DM writes with his left & MS writes with his right....at least they have been in the courtroom.

B822381608Z.1_20160301203908_000_GB21KU815.2_Gallery.jpg

MS is indeed a smoker. Or, was. I am also a smoker and right handed. I hold it in my left at the computer (because the air purifier is directly to my left) or when driving (so the smoke goes out the window), but if just socializing, in my right. Everyone's different with their quirky habits.

Regarding the incident with sister screaming at him, I don't know that it implies she knew about the gun. I would assume that the family had long since been aware of MS and his involvement with drugs. If the media is coming around the house because they might know about his friendship with DM and they are looking for any scoop, I would see her telling MS to get everything out of the house since he was not living there. Family members don't want to be implicated with drugs being found in the house. Particularly with a high profile family wedding about a week away. JMO

I would think she was demanding that he get rid of the drugs. She may not think he had a gun. He was a stoner if I can use that word.

That is brilliant. There are some pictures of him. Never thought of checking that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj