Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 91608

MS is indeed a smoker. Or, was. I am also a smoker and right handed. I hold it in my left at the computer (because the air purifier is directly to my left) or when driving (so the smoke goes out the window), but if just socializing, in my right. Everyone's different with their quirky habits.

OK so by the looks of that picture he is left handed. Wow. Very interesting.

I agree with everything you've said here. I was thinking about this as I read today of MS being so worried about being killed. Im thinking he became completely unhinged at witnessing DM pull the trigger and thought he might be next. JMO.

Not only watching DM shoot TB but requiring his (MS) assistance with the incinerator. Naturally that would scare the life out of anyone, if they were not used to such cold blooded violence. But then... LB. It's impossible to detach from the charges there. He (MS) may or may not have anything to do with that at all, and if he didn't, and didn't with TB either it stands to reason he'd be genuinely scared. OR... he was lying his face off. At this point it's still impossible to tell.

View attachment 91608

MS is indeed a smoker. Or, was. I am also a smoker and right handed. I hold it in my left at the computer (because the air purifier is directly to my left) or when driving (so the smoke goes out the window), but if just socializing, in my right. Everyone's different with their quirky habits.

But Mark Smich in the back of the truck and Dellen M and Tim Bosma in the front. Dellen Driving. So Mark sitting behind Dellen and being left handed could have had shot Tim Bosma no problem re the gun residue etc....I think.....

Take into account DM had something already to hold over MS's head...LB's murder. DM was likely her murderer also but MS was present and didn't go to LE back then. MOO.

Call me naive. but there are so many "witnesses" in this trial who had oodles of evidence, knowingly gave false statements to police, changed their testimonies multiple times and are free and clear to live their lives...oh,and by the way were "friends" of LB prior to her meeting DM. God only knows how many of these "witnesses" know what happened to her and where her cremains are.

Holding a smoke in your left hand does not mean you're left handed. It means you're holding a smoke in your left hand.

Just checked Google images of Smich smoking.....sorry it's a tie. THere are 4 pics....2 he's holding his smoke in the left hand and 2 he's holding his smoke in the right.

I've also been over this before with my left-handed boyfriend, and he says he would shoot with his right.

If you were sitting in the back of a truck that you intended to steal, and you decided to shoot the guy sitting in the front passenger seat (for whatever reason), would you honestly shoot him from directly behind him (through the headrest) and risk blowing out the windshield, or would you simply slide over to your left, on the rear driver's side seat, for a better shot at a better angle? IMO if the shot came from the back seat, it came from the driver's side.

If you were sitting in the back of a truck that you intended to steal, and you decided to shoot the guy sitting in the front passenger seat (for whatever reason), would you honestly shoot him from directly behind him (through the headrest) and risk blowing out the windshield, or would you simply slide over to your left, on the rear driver's side seat, for a better shot at a better angle? IMO if the shot came from the back seat, it came from the driver's side.

I agree, and one would assume the majority of the GSR would be on the driver's side ceiling in the back seat, not the front seat directly over the driver's side and a bit toward the center front, as the experts testified it was.

and that really makes me believe that he didn't shoot it. JMO

He may not have wanted to toss it as afraid someone could find it if not done carefully and maybe he thought he might need it for his own protection. Didn't Daly say Mark Smich was afraid of Dellen or felt he might try to frame him?

I agree, and one would assume the majority of the GSR would be on the driver's side ceiling in the back seat, not the front seat directly over the driver's side and a bit toward the center front, as the experts testified it was.
He also testified that variables such as an open window and movement in the cabin would have an effect on the disbursement of these airborne particles

ETA - and that he, as a GSR expert, could not say where the shot came from conclusively

MOO

And did they not say that Mark Smich was sitting behind Dellen Mallard who was driving as they left the Bosma residence and Tim Bosma was in the passenger seat?.

They initially pulled Bosma's phone info to see what numbers had called him. That gave them the Bate phone number, which was on Wind. They then pulled the Bate phone's info via a humanitarian request (per ABro) at 2am on May 7.

So, in reviewing that Feb 5 testimony of the Wind Mobile rep, the Bate phone was powered off at 9:26.
Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
#Millard lawyer Pillay now cross examining Iaccio. Has him confirm #Bate phone powered off at 9:26 pm in #Ancaster on May 6/13.

I think that's a significant time to be added to BillAndrews timeline. It means DM had to reach into his pocket/satchel, etc. Can't do that if you're also holding someone at gunpoint.

Similarly, for those speculating that TB threw his own phone out the window, it was powered off first. Why would the victim turn off his own phone?

And did they not say that Mark Smich was sitting behind Dellen Mallard who was driving as they left the Bosma residence and Tim Bosma was in the passenger seat?.
I thought he was initially behind TB IIRC

I've also been over this before with my left-handed boyfriend, and he says he would shoot with his right.

It would make sense that if MS was doing the shooting, from the back seat, it would be from the right hand. Otherwise, he'd likely be catching hot brass with his face. That would require MS to be fairly close to the left passenger door, to get both the shooting angle, and the ergonomics of the wrist correct in order to do so. This is assuming that the front passenger window blow-out is due to a gun-shot from that angle. It would also explain the position of the brass as it was found on the right rear passenger seat, by the seat mounts - if it bounced off his face in a left-handed shooting scenario, i would think it would fall rather much more forward, than it did.

If MS was right-handed, and he was shooting, he'd be shooting from the right. Muscle-memory in shooting, is a very important thing. The evidential location of the GSR, still bothers me.

As always, IMHO.

ETA - as a shooter (rifle) - I actually shoot from the left, being left-handed. My right side fine motor control is quite useless, in that regard.

So, in reviewing that Feb 5 testimony of the Wind Mobile rep, the Bate phone was powered off at 9:26.

I think that's a significant time to be added to BillAndrews timeline. It means DM had to reach into his pocket/satchel, etc. Can't do that if you're also holding someone at gunpoint.

Similarly, for those speculating that TB threw his own phone out the window, it was powered off first. Why would the victim turn off his own phone?

We have no idea if Tim Bosma died before or after 9:26 and if he had any warning.

It would make sense that if MS was doing the shooting, from the back seat, it would be from the right hand. Otherwise, he'd likely be catching hot brass with his face. That would require MS to be fairly close to the left passenger door, to get both the shooting angle, and the ergonomics of the wrist correct in order to do so. This is assuming that the front passenger window blow-out is due to a gun-shot from that angle. It would also explain the position of the brass as it was found on the right rear passenger seat, by the seat mounts - if it bounced off his face in a left-handed shooting scenario, i would think it would fall rather much more forward, than it did.

If MS was right-handed, and he was shooting, he'd be shooting from the right. Muscle-memory in shooting, is a very important thing. The evidential location of the GSR, still bothers me.

As always, IMHO.

ETA - as a shooter (rifle) - I actually shoot from the left, being left-handed. My right side fine motor control is quite useless, in that regard.

I have to disagree with this slightly. If you hold a handgun out in front of you in a natural grip, it should be relatively in-line with the centre of your body. This puts the gun in almost the same position in front of you regardless of which hand you are using, especially if you actually use the sights. I wouldn't see a brass-in-face scenario, but I realize this is a close-confine situation, so I tried it from the back seat of my own truck for reference (without a gun, of course). I still don't see a body mechanics issue with firing from that position, with either hand. You have to hold the weapon closer to your own torso, but still very possible IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj