Bosma Murder Trial 04.07.16 - Day 32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find many of their comments to be inappropriate and Im shocked that it is tolerated in court.

"I want to start with these missions. The criminal ones. The one's that Mr. Millard's counsel think are a big joke," Dungey says.

BBM - Pillay and Sachuk really aren't doing themselves any favours with the way they cross-examine witnesses.......the swearing, bad jokes and callousness is wearing thin.....kinda like DM's courtroom antics.....

ETA - TD seems to understand proper etiquette....and knows how outraged the public is about this senseless crime....

"Inside the toolbox, there were different narcotics in the toolbox," Hagerman says -- not the pot that was in Michalski's backpack.
by Adam Carter 2:22 PM

Hagerman says repeatedly it "never crossed his mind" that there was anything other than drugs in the toolbox. "Sir, that's just nonsense and you know that's nonsense." Dungey says. "I know now that there was something different in there," Hagerman says.
by Adam Carter 2:24 PM

"I just thought he wanted these small incriminating things out of his house," Hagerman says.
by Adam Carter 2:25 PM

I can empathize with MH and the emotion he is showing reveals his sincere remorse, IMO, but I do wonder about all of DM and MS's friends - where's the anger towards either DM or MS for involving them in TB's crime? I'd be livid for having been used so cruelly and callously!

I'd like to see one witness show true animosity toward DM and/or MS, especially to demonstrate that NOW their loyalty truly lies with TB and his family and a sincere wish for justice.

All MOO.

Cutting over now, meterclicks

Edit: On that note, do we have no one picking up other reporters today? I've been pretty AFK till now.

Hagerman says he made a joke in a text that guns were in the toolbox. "It's become a very ironic joke now," Hagerman says.
by Adam Carter 2:26 PM

"You obstructed justice by not telling the police what you knew," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 2:26 PM

All yours ArianeEmory, thanks!

Me and Andrew made a pact ... the faster and the further we got away from it, we could step away from it," Hagerman says.
by Adam Carter 2:27 PM

"There's a lot of things I regret that I didn't do," Hagerman says. "I just wanted to stay away."
by Adam Carter 2:29 PM

"What are you snivelling about?" Dungey says as Hagerman is crying. "You're snivelling for yourself, you're not snivelling for the Bosma family. You're not snivelling for Mr. Bosma who is dead, are you?"
by Adam Carter 2:06 PM

Hagerman says he was scared. Millard's lawyers and the Crown object to the questioning, Goodman tells Dungey to lower the tone of the questions.
by Adam Carter 2:07 PM

I find this whole line of grilling a bit rich. 'Cause TD and his client are all about the Bosma family. Ugh.

Hagerman says that speaking to his dad made him realize he needed to talk to the police.
by Adam Carter 2:30 PM

"In those first three testimonies I lied," Hagerman says. "Consistently," Dungey says. At the outset, he wouldn't say he was texting Millard.
by Adam Carter 2:31 PM

On the night Millard dropped off the toolbox, Millard said he was feeling some heat. "Does that not ring a bell that something was up?" Dungey says. Hagerman says he thought he just wanted to get the drugs out of his house. Dungey isn't buying it. "You couldn't have possibly thought that naively."
by Adam Carter 2:34 PM

"I swear to you, I only thought it was drugs." Hagerman says. "You lie like hell. You lied all those times to the police, why should we believe you?" Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 2:36 PM

I do not believe the smell was caused by marijuana. I understand it has a distinctive smell however would it smell so strong if it was fresh?Isnt the smell a byproduct of burning it? My point is that sadly, gruesomely, I believed they smelled the fumes from the incinerator - i.e. dust on gloves etc.

No, the raw product smells way worse than the smoke. Ask any poor sod who takes the Eglinton West bus or lives near a grow-op.

at what point in his testimonies to LE did he call c/stoppers

Hagerman says he asked Millard what was going on when he handed him the toolbox, and Millard said "It's best if I don't tell you."
by Adam Carter 2:40 PM

"I just assumed that it was drugs," Hagerman says, adding that he "didn't let go of that assumption" until yesterday. "I really was hoping there wasn't something else in there."
by Adam Carter 2:41 PM

"Are you feeling sorry for yourself, is that why you're snivelling?" Dungey says. Hagerman is openly crying. "Knowing what I know now, I could have changed how things transpired," he says. "I've been thinking about this every day for three years."
by Adam Carter 2:43 PM

(I could do without the word 'snivel' at this point. No need to bully the guy, or at least it's not producing any new results so far.)

We lost snooperduper and their wonderful job of copying tweets

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Hagerman says he and Michalski never had a conversation asking why Millard gave him the toolbox and why Michalski got the backpack that smelled like weed.
by Adam Carter 2:44 PM

Dungey is really going hard at Hagerman in this cross. It's some of the most dramatic testimony I've seen so far.
by Adam Carter 2:45 PM

( Links to twitter accounts: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Trial-04-07-16-Day-32&p=12455294#post12455294 )

"Knowing what I know now, I could have changed how things transpired," he says. "I've been thinking about this every day for three years."

He couldn't have saved Tim at that point, but if he'd done the right thing we'd have the murder weapon.

Hagerman says he asked Millard what was going on when he handed him the toolbox, and Millard said "It's best if I don't tell you."
by Adam Carter 2:40 PM

"I just assumed that it was drugs," Hagerman says, adding that he "didn't let go of that assumption" until yesterday. "I really was hoping there wasn't something else in there."
by Adam Carter 2:41 PM

"Are you feeling sorry for yourself, is that why you're snivelling?" Dungey says. Hagerman is openly crying. "Knowing what I know now, I could have changed how things transpired," he says. "I've been thinking about this every day for three years."

(I could do without the word 'snivel' at this point. No need to bully the guy, or at least it's not producing any new results so far.)

interesting........what made him change his mind yesterday????

Dungey pausing, looking over his notes. The courtroom is totally silent.
by Adam Carter 2:47 PM

Hagerman says he's the one who pulled off the road, but they both had decided to go to Oakville and get rid of what they had.
by Adam Carter 2:48 PM

Dungey asks if he and Michalski discussed what's in the backpack. Hagerman says it smelled like weed, but they didn't open it and didn't talk about it.
by Adam Carter 2:49 PM

"Andrew tells you that Dellen would have wanted it to go to Mark." Dungey says. "Yes," Hagerman says.
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM

When the police came to search Millard's house, Michalski had the backpack in the trunk of his car, Hagerman says.
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member