Bosma Murder Trial 04.13.16 - Day 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused now about the dog, Pedo. Today AM says MH had the dog and then AM says he took it to his dad's home. I thought MH said AM had the dog and it was taken to AM's grandmother's home? Could be the same home as AM's dad I guess.

Did DM drop the dog off to MH when he gave MH the toolbox? I can't recall that. I hope someone can remember and update me. TIA.

All MOO.

You are not confused...we have contradicting testimony between AM and MH

Hagerman says they dropped off Millard's dog at his grandmother's and that they put the toolbox and the backpack in the back of his parent's intrepid. "The backpack smelled strongly like weed."

by*Adam Carter*April 7 at 10:34 AM

I think they dropped the dog off at grandma's during the toolbox/knapsac run, and after DM was arrested, MB and CN came to pick up the dog from AM's parent's place because LE were no doubt working over Maplegate and no one would be allowed in there to care for the dog there.

Yes, but my confusion is from how MH came to have the dog. MH said AM had the dog and now today AM says MH had the dog. It makes no sense to me that MH would have had the dog. It would make more sense to me that the dog was at Maplegate and AM got the dog when he got the "stuff" for the drop, so I wonder why he says MH had the dog?

All MOO.

Like "it's all out in the open - I have nothing to hide!" or that he really has nothing to hide? :wink:

Well we all have things to hide. When you make your lifestyle public through social media, you have to be willing to accept criticism. However AM seems to be a rather ordinary guy who made a bad association, IMO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
(Legal arguments underway now)

I just keep remembering MH's testimony that "lies were said". I think he is the liar.

And the crown didn't seem to really push him. Liar or not, I still believe they still have evidence that will tell the whole 'true' story. He still provided some damaging testimony.

Keep thinking - straight to indictment.

MOO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Noudga, he doesn't think so.
Burns, yes he says--"they (Burns and Noudga) wanted to pick up Pedo, Dellen's dog." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 56s57 seconds ago
Michalski says nougda and madeline Burns called to pick up Pedo the dog. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Michalski also talked to Millard's girlfriend Christine Noudga and his mom Madeline Burns, who wanted to pick up Millard's dog Pedo. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 55s55 seconds ago
Matt Hagerman had the dog, he says. Then michalski gave it to Burns and Noudga, at his dad's house. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51s51 seconds ago
They wanted to pick up Millard's dog, Pedo. Late evening he gave dog to Christina and Madeleine, at Michalski's father's home. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 47s47 seconds ago
He was there when they took the dog at Michalski's dad's place in Etobicoke. #Bosma

I guess at first when they emptied out Maplegate, the dog went with MH, because he had closer ties...but CN and MB arranged to pick it up from AM's parent's place in the end.

Not a big deal, the dog. Interesting that once again MB and the girlfriend are on the scene (it was MB and JS at WM's death scene).

I'm surprised after all the build up about AM's testimony that the Crown is done with him already. I think he knows way more, but I guess legal arguments prevent more details from being pursued, IMO.

I suspect that both defense sides will ask AM many more questions.

All MOO.

Maybe I am in the minority here. I think his testimony is pretty honest. The things he doesn't remember aren't of much significance. He handed over his phone voluntarily and gave samples. He seems like he was very cooperative and really was just straight forward because he had nothing to hide with regards to the crime. If he was really protecting DM he would've omitted the convo of stealing the truck since really no one would've been the wiser as it was just a convo and there is no paper trail of it.

I think he wanted to be honest and cooperative to clear his name. I recall the days after the arrest of DM that AM was getting ripped apart and his name taken through the mud that he played the role of Smich.

I think there is a lot that has been omitted. All the missions we've heard about are simply late night grab & dash type crimes. AM has been told by Millard that he is going on the test drive to steal the truck, but he never enquires exactly how Millard was intending on accomplishing that. AM is very helpful on every detail that doesn't implicate himself. He's lying and he's lying consistently.

Really interesting discussion on memory and witnesses in the last thread. I'd like to continue it. One of the posters in the last thread mentioned that the testimony of witnesses is pretty unrealiable and for the most part this is true. People tend to analyze the crime and think about it and rationalize it which could change the way they remember things. Furthermore, if they watch news coverage about that crime or a event they will tend to bridge their version of it and the news version of it.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/911-memory-accuracy/

Furthermore, some people have better memories than others. So, while let's say Janice can remember all the little details of the crime, Emily can't because she has a poor short term memory and can only retain some information.

More on memory here: http://m.livescience.com/43713-memory.html

The point is that in a court the defence needs to prove that the witness that's unfavourable to them is unreliable. So, they'll say they did drugs, they were liars, they didn't call the police in order to get the jury to make the logical leap that if they could do those things they could do other bad things and are not reliable and then their evidence cannot be weighed as heavily. So, if Emily testified that Janice killed Bob then the defence would try to prove that Emily had a grudge against Janice or Janice was a gang member or a liar.

I keep thinking psychopath when I hear about DM's concern for the dog. He mentions Pedo when AM says he is home alone. And also with the immediate care that DM wanted for him.

Yes, I understand it's seems very humane, but also creepy considering the danger he put family and friends in. Along with the statement about who to steal the truck from.

He had no problem burning a body, and only hours after texting AM that everything was fine.

MOO

Fraser now asking about contact with Christina Noudga on May 11. Michalski says he doesn't remember, but says he did speak to Millard's mother that day. "They wanted to pick up Pedo, Dellen's dog." They refers to his mother and Noudga.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

What was MB doing with CN on May 11th? She was supposed to be out of town as of the 9th. And she was supposedly still not home on the 12th when the media discovered the trailer? When did "they" pick up the dog and where did "they" take him? :waitasec:

MOO

I think there is a lot that has been omitted. All the missions we've heard about are simply late night grab & dash type crimes. AM has been told by Millard that he is going on the test drive to steal the truck, but he never enquires exactly how Millard was intending on accomplishing that. AM is very helpful on every detail that doesn't implicate himself. He's lying and he's lying consistently.

Why do you assume that DM and AM were so close that DM told AM everything?

Perhaps they practiced don't ask, don't tell. After all, we've heard that SS and AJ were trained not to ask questions. Perhaps AM wasn't a naturally paranoid and suspicious person.

Perhaps AM didn't ask for more details because he though DM was kidding. He dismissed DM with a "*advertiser censored** off" and never thought more of it.

bbm

Definitely.

Plus we all need to remember that generally witnesses are asked to answer the question presented to them and not elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr