Bosma Murder Trial 04.21.16 - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And surveillance captured a truck passing by just minutes before the ebike was hauled off. In the video description it says there is another ebike already in the bed of the truck. MOO.

[video=youtube;DJs_rx6rVVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJs_rx6rVVo[/video]

It's interesting though that they both had the recollection. It corroborates something, whether that something is the fact that Millard's name was out on Friday night or the fact that recall even for recent and impactful events is vulnerable to error.

I agree. This is probably why I've been making a big deal out of a seemingly trivial issue.

I agree. This is probably why I've been making a big deal out of a seemingly trivial issue.

My guess is that MB somehow started spreading the word Friday evening. I guess people can have a memory lapse of details, but I just can't buy that you can forget how you received news like that for the first time if your JV or MM. It's like remembering where you were when Kennedy was shot or when you heard about the WTC towers collapsing. You don't forget.

I went back to an earlier thread to see when the first announcement of an arrest was made here on WS and it was during a news conference at 1pm on May 11th, 2013. That was the Saturday, the day after DM's arrest in which it was made public. So there is no way MM and MS saw it on the news Friday night. I suspect MM and MS learned of DM's arrest through one of the DM's groupies or MB on Friday night.

JV said he learned of DM's arrest on the Friday night news. How do you explain that?

Look at it this way. If it's important, it will be dealt with in court. If it's not, it won't.

All the lawyers are up on the details of this case and have way more information than we do.

I wonder if we can draw any inferences from the fact DM's team didn't attempt to use JV's recollection to impeach him.

We didn't hear anything about the "I f'd up...I f'd up"
So with today's testimony and what MM said about MS not being in the truck, that DM did it all. I'm wondering if MS'S F-up was, he didn't restraint TB well enough. TB got himself freed, maybe tried to get out of truck, DM shot. I don't think the plan was to shoot in the truck but rather at the farm. We've heard that MS asked for tape, so this is a possibility. So it is possible that TB was still alive and tossed his own phone. Lots of personal stuff on phones, including wife's contact info. Maybe that stop at the bobcat place was to clear DM's ringing ears and inform MS what happened. MOO

So curious to what CN will say and what version DM told her.

ETA: I'M in NO way letting MS off the hook! After the last few days, my opinion has changed dramatically of him. No thoughts of sorry here anymore! They are both guilty, both planned and completed the "mission" and I believe murder was intended from the start. MOO

It's interesting that WSers are looking for a hole in MM testimony just to prove there may be lies, but actually, she has told us quite a bit. It seems to match with everything we've heard so far IMO.

My guess is that MB somehow started spreading the word Friday evening. I guess people can have a memory lapse of details, but I just can't buy that you can forget how you received news like that for the first time if your JV or MM. It's like remembering where you were when Kennedy was shot or when you heard about the WTC towers collapsing. You don't forget.

Research says you very well may. :)

http://www.newyorker.com/science/maria-konnikova/idea-happened-memory-recollection

Given the wealth of evidence in this trial, and the fact that much of it is presented "as is", I find it easy to get lost on finer points that may or may not be relevant. It must be a huge challenge for the jurors to always keep a sight on the big picture, while also making sure no important detail is overlooked.

I went back to an earlier thread to see when the first announcement of an arrest was made here on WS and it was during a news conference at 1pm on May 11th, 2013. That was the Saturday, the day after DM's arrest in which it was made public. So there is no way MM and MS saw it on the news Friday night. I suspect MM and MS learned of DM's arrest through one of the DM's groupies or MB on Friday night. MOO.

Gotta love dedicated sleuthers for staying on top of a story. Thanks dotr! :D

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitche...ma-update.html
"They will be holding a news briefing at 1 p.m. today to provide details on the arrest"

Bbm.

Here was the first mention I could find http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...on-Ontario-6-May-2013-1&p=9414892#post9414892

My guess is MM is confusing two separate events. On Friday they were probably alerted to Millards arrest via MB or someone else close to him. Although alarmed, she must have thought this was in relation to a theft, not a big deal but enough to warrant Smich alerting the guys at home base. On Saturday she sees the report and realizes that things are much more serious than she thought, and that's when she confronts Smich. I assume that after 3 years she is simply keying on the more traumatic event which was on Saturday.

It's interesting that WSers are looking for a hole in MM testimony just to prove there may be lies, but actually, she has told us quite a bit. It seems to match with everything we've heard so far IMO.

I think she is minimizing her knowledge of the events. I wonder if when she asked Smich not to participate, she threatened to leave him if he did? She talks a pretty righteous game now but fact is she was still willing to marry Smich days after finding out he was involved in TBs murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member