Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
#Smich didn't tell Meneses #TimBosma died. She learned that on the news first. Everything she learned on the news or social media first.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Meneses first learned #Bosma had died from the news--not from Smich. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Meneses says everything she learned about #TimBosma came from the news first, then she asked him to satisfy her curiosity. #TimBosma

She confronted him. That's when Smich said he was "gone, gone." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Mississauga, Ontario
That's when Smich told her Bosma was 'gone, gone' #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
Sachak; "everything u learned about #timbosma was on the news. U confront him?! He says he is GONE,GONE." MM; "yeah" @AM900CHML

Sachak keeps pressing Meneses, and she's pushing back. "I'm not smiling at you, it's just you ... I don't want to say anything right now because I don't want to get myself into trouble." Meneses says. "It's about you personally sir."
by Adam Carter 11:59 AM

One of the reasons Smich wanted to go to her sister's was because of the truck at the hangar, Sachak says. Meneses agrees.
by Adam Carter 12:01 PM

Pillay again asking about Tuesday, May 7. He's asking if there was any talk of a celebration when the two got home, and she says no.
by Adam Carter 12:02 PM

BBM
Is Sachak cross examining? Or both Sachak and Pillay? Or did Adam Carter confuse the two? The other reporters are all saying Sachak...

Meneses corrects Sachak's quote. "He said (#TimBosma) was gone gone." Not gone, gone, gone.

"Cavalier--'he's gone gone.' Next topic," Sachak suggests. She agrees. #Bosma

Smich only said #TimBosma was "gone, gone" after she confronted him about it. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Mississauga, Ontario
Millard lawyer: Mark didn't tell you there was a gun involved, the news told you? M: Right #Bosma

Meneses learned about the gun from the news too. #Bosma. "Mark's not telling you anything, the news is telling you everything."

Similarly she found out a gun had been used from the news--not from Mark. #Bosma

"When you find out from the news that Mr. Bosma had been burned, you confronted him, right. And he says something like 'come on, I'm a drug dealer. Do you think I know how to do this stuff? It obviously wasn't my idea,'" Sachak says. Meneses says yes.
by Adam Carter 12:25 PM

"Mr. Smich got rid of the evidence that had been used to shoot Mr. Bosma, right?" Sachak asks. Meneses says yes.
by Adam Carter 12:26 PM

Sachak says Smich wrapped the gun up and buried it in a hole in the forest somewhere. Meneses agrees. "Evidence that very well could have had fingerprints on it," Sachak says. "That gun could have very well held the clues to who held the gun and shot it."
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

When she confronted #Smich upon learning new info, he was evasive.

Sachak; "mark isn't telling u anything. You're learning it all on the news?!" MM;"yep"

Sachak; "mark isn't telling u anything. You're learning it all on the news?!" MM;"yep"

Meneses found out from the news that a gun was used, Smich told her he knew nothing about a gun. #TimBosma

Smich told her he knew nothing about the gun, the truck, about a missing man #Bosma

"He never told you Mr #Bosma was burned," Sachak says. She agrees--she learned that too from the news. #Bosma

That is true, but finding out this way is not good for the crown. MOO

The Crown is trying to convict both of them. I really don't think any extra info against either of them that the defense teams drag out is a problem for them. I think it's obvious the defense teams are having the same problems with the witnesses that they did. Doesn't make either of them any less guilty IMO.

Again, Sachak suggests, Smich told her he didn't do it. Dell did. He was just there. She agrees. #Bosma

Meneses confronted Smich about Bosma's death after seeing it on the news #Bosma

"And at that point you were willing to accept that at the truth," he says. She agrees. #Bosma

She found out #TimBosma's remains had been burned from the news and Smich only ever talked about when she confronted him

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
Meneses confronted #Smich when she learned #TimBosma had been burned. He told her, "I'm just a drug dealer. I know nothing of this stuff."

Millard lawyer: When you find out Mr. Bosma has been murdered, you confront him, Smich says 'I don't know, I'm just a drug dealer' #Bosma

IMO Sachak seems more professional during this cross examination than earlier witnesses. Not asking MM if she is nervous, and not making stupid jokes about his hockey skills etc.
I still don't like Sachak but he is doing exactly what he is being paid to do.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak asks when she found out from the news that #Bosma had been burned, and confronted him, if he says something like: (1/2)

(2/2) "really? I'm a drug dealer I obviously don't know how to do this stuff." She agrees he said something like that. #Bosma

Smich told her he's just a drug dealer and he didn't know anything about, but she agrees in her heart she knew different #TimBosma

Meneses says in her mind she knew it was not the truth.

Sachak; "he never told u he'd been burned. U heard it on the news. He didn't do it.just happened to be there. And u accepted it!? MM;"yep"

Again Sachak reiterates that Smich told her Dell did everything and that he was just there. #Bosma

Sachak now asking about May 10, when Millard was arrested.
by Adam Carter 12:28 PM

"You ask him, are you a suspect, and he says, I didn't do anything, I wasn't there," Sachak says. Meneses agrees.
by Adam Carter 12:28 PM

One of the first things Smich did after Millard was arrested was get on the phone and try to get the weed out of his house, Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:30 PM

"One thing you knew and didn't have a doubt about was that he had buried a gun," Sachak says. She agrees. #Bosma

Millard lawyer: He also told you he buried a gun. A gun that had been used. Meneses: Yes #Bosma

#Smich got rid of evidence used to kill Mr. #Bosma. Right. He buried the evidence used to shoot #Bosma. Right.

"He told you that gun had been used to shoot Mr #Bosma," he says. She agrees.
"Mr Smich buried the evidence." Yes. #Bosma

Millard lawyer: Mr. Smich buried the evidence that was used to kill Mr. Bosma? Meneses agrees.

Smich had told her he wrapped it up and buried it in a forest (but didn't tell her which). #Bosma

"He wrapped it up, dug a hole in a forest you don't know.. and he says, I got rid of the evidence." right

Sachak suggests it was evidence that could've had fingerprints on it. She agrees. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak; "mark said c"mon. I'm a drug dealer. Do u think I'm stupid?! I know nothing about this stuff. U knew that wasn't true." MM: "yeah"

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Now talking about gun:Menesessays that Smich wrapped it up and buried it somewhere, a place he wouldn't tell her. #Bosma

Sachak says the gun likely had clues as to who held and shot with it. It was never recovered. #Bosma

Millard lawyer: There was a reason it was buried... because it had clues who fired it. Meneses: Right #Bosma

Meneses says she asked Smich where the gun was buried, but he wouldn't tell her #Bosma

She agrees the gun could have had the prints that told police who pulled the trigger. #Bosma

Sachak asking her questions now about May 10, after Millard was arrested. "Be honest," he tells her. She says she will. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak; 'u have no doubt he buried a gun. That it had been used to shoot #timbosma.he wrapped it. Dug a hole." MM; "yes" @AM900CHML

Meneses asked Smich if he was a suspect. He said no, he was just there #Bosma

After #Millard arrest, Meneses asked #Smich if he was a suspect, & he said he didn't do anything, he was just there.

"You were concerned that Smich will arrange for the gun to come to him," Sachak says. Meneses says no, not at that time.
by Adam Carter 12:31 PM

"I didn't know anything about a gun at that time," Meneses says. "I just asked hi what else he was going to get."
by Adam Carter 12:31 PM

"You wanted the weed," Sachak says. "Yeah," Meneses says. "Bosma's missing ... but you wanted the weed?" Meneses agrees.
by Adam Carter 12:33 PM

News breaks of Millard's arrest. She asks Smich if he's a suspect. "He says 'I didn't do anything I was just there,'" Sachak suggests. Yes.

Now that Millard's arrested, Smich has to get the weed. Right, she says. #Bosma

#Smich first thing to do is get on the phone and arrange to get weed from #Millard house.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak: "and then you asked him 'well what else are you gonna get?' And he's like I don't know what else I'm gonna get."
Meneses: "yes."

Sachak suggests she was concerned he was arranging for the gun to get to him. She says no she wasn't thinking of that at that time. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Mississauga, Ontario
Millard lawyer asking about Smich picking up weed, after Millard was arrested #Bosma

IMO, it really rubs me the wrong way that her comment about a pregnancy test is being brought up. What does it add to their case? I just find it cruel and crass to bring it up. For all we know she was pregnant and miscarried. I think it's something that shouldn't come up in court. That might just be my emotions talking.

Cruel is killing a father of a preschooler. It was in her testimony and he is allowed to bring it up. He is using it to prove her loyalty to MS and thus, a reason she may lie to cover his *ss. IMO

Now talking about when Smich wanted to get the backpack full of drugs from Millard's house. #Bosma

She says there was other stuff of theirs at Dell's, like clothes, that's what she meant. #Bosma

Sachak asks why she didn't say that. She says no that's just how she worded it. She didn't know anything about a gun at that time. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak suggests she was concerned he was going to get the gun too. She disagrees, "I didn't know about a gun at that point though" #Bosma

Sachak suggests then that she was worried about clothes at that time. She says no she just asked it. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak is trying to get Meneses to say she was worried about getting the gun on May 10, when #Smich was arranging to get drugs.

Cruel is killing a father of a preschooler. It was in her testimony and he is allowed to bring it up. He is using it to prove her loyalty to MS and thus, a reason she may lie to cover his *ss. IMO

Just became one thing is cruel doesn't mean nothing else is. Obviously what happened to TB is cruel.

Sachak asks again about the gun. She insists she didn't know about the gun at that point. #Bosma

Meneses says she asked #Smich what else he was going to get from #Millard place because the couple had left clothes behind.

Meneses says she didn't know about the gun then, but she and #Smich both wanted the weed. #Bosma.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Mississauga, Ontario
Millard lawyer: Bosma is missing. Dell's been arrested for the truck and human being. You wanted the weed? Meneses: Yes. #Bosma

Sachak: but you wanted the weed.
She agrees.
Sachak: "Bosma is missing. Forget the truck a human being is missing...

"...Dell's been arrested for the missing truck. But you wanted the weed as well."
She agrees. #Bosma

Sachak says there was "quite a lot of it." Meneses says the police confiscated it. "Quite an unfortunate chain of events, Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

Sachak now asking about Smich's friend "Arthur." Meneses says he "wasn't all there."
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

Sachak now wants to read from one of Meneses' police statements. The Crown objects.
by Adam Carter 12:36 PM

Goodman says he'll allow specific leading questions.
by Adam Carter 12:37 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members