Bosma Murder Trial 04.26.16 - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I am wrong but I am starting to get the feeling there will be legal arguments for the rest of today.

Poor jury if they are dismissed for the day after a what? 10 min. testimony from the sergeant?

Im going by what DM wrote instead of speculation. Not all lawyers are by the book.

There was also a lawyer that was not retained ;) we never did hear why.

Yes, but there are very few lawyers, retained or otherwise, that would break a court order knowingly. IMO

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
And again, spectators are arguing and shouting outside the courtroom about spots in line to get inside. #TimBosma #Bosma

The letters do bring up a more troubling question for me. Was CN the only one receiving instructions from DM while in jail? CN may have been the only one caught. It would be really easy to get letters to say SS, through someone like MB.

Even if DM was trying to convince a key witness to change his story, it may have also required instructions to others so that the new story aligned with others.

So far, I would say his attempt failed miserably, just like everything else he touched.

MOO

The intention is to have her on the stand today. This is definitely the plan and I expect that legal arguments will wrap up soon. This is not the first day they have dealt with this witness' testimony and evidence in legal arguments. JMO :)

And again, spectators are arguing and shouting outside the courtroom about spots in line to get inside. #TimBosma #Bosma

Aren't they already seated? Or is this about getting back into the courtroom after going out to the hallway for recess?

Aren't they already seated? Or is this about getting back into the courtroom after going out to the hallway for recess?

One tweet referred to people running to get to an overflow room, others accusing people of cutting.

Maybe people are lined up past capacity hoping others will leave.

Several reporters on twitter have commented on the conversations & conduct of spectators. It's highly disrespectful but unfortunately, I think for many this is nothing more than a live-reality show. :(

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Courtroom is at capacity this morning for the hotly anticipated testimony of Christine Noudga. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Members of the public have even been openly squabbling over their place in line just to get a seat at the proceedings. #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
#timbosma feels more like a circus. Folks shld remember this IS a murder trial. Not a sideshow for their entertainment #respect

Those wondering, after each court break, everyone must leave the courtroom and get back in line. Those who didn't get a spot wait in the line while court is in session to be able to get a spot after each recess. This can create a lot of frustration for those who got there early and can't back in after breaks and squabbles ensue.

Those wondering, after each court break, everyone must leave the courtroom and get back in line. Those who didn't get a spot wait in the line while court is in session to be able to get a spot after each recess. This can create a lot of frustration for those who got there early and can't back in after breaks and squabbles ensue.

This doesn't apply to the Bosma family though, or does it?

Keep it classy Hamilton. :facepalm:

I've asked this before to see if anyone can answer. CN is there with her lawyer PM. Can PM object to a particular line of questioning? Does he have any privileges when it comes to the arguments or is everything about CN's testimony up to the Crown and Defence teams?

The Bosma family has reserved seating- 3 full rows at the front of the gallery.

And they have more as needed. They are seated before the public and last week, took up at least 5 rows. The media also goes in before everyone else. The public is seated afterward in whatever space is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6