Bosma Murder Trial 05.02.16 - Day 43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he is doing 10 years. There might be a pub ban because it is hard to find info but someone on his instagram made a comment about how they can't believe he is in jail for 10 years.

I understand that he is still in custody awaiting trial on the charges related to selling a gun to DM.

I believe he is doing 10 years. There might be a pub ban because it is hard to find info but someone on his instagram made a comment about how they can't believe he is in jail for 10 years.
I have searched much to find info on him. I saw the ban so hit a wall after Oct. I pray you are right about 10 years. He should not be out there!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

So, assuming we have seen the last witness for the Crown, we have now seen the totality of the evidence against DM and MS (with the exception of the cross examinations). I have said it before, and still say, I bet MS will not be convicted on 1st degree. My guess is 2nd.. Happy to be wrong.

DM looks worse than MS by comparison but this isn't an Olympic competition. There is room on this podium for two 1st degree convictions.

DM actually had the world by the tail prior to murdering TB. That's what makes me think he's an out of control psychopath. Even though he had murdered WM and LB, by all accounts he had gotten away with it. All DM and MB had to do was stick handle thru the financial issues created when a person like WM dies unexpectedly. Most normal people would have embarked on a restructuring plan that wouldn't have included a knee jerk shut down. Not to say that a shut down wasn't imminent; it just wouldn't have happened a couple days after the principal's death.

IMHO, after everything was restructured there would have still been millions of dollars left over; more than enough for a young person like DM to launch the rest of his life off of. When I read about his plans to travel the world on a sail boat, renting cars at destinations, exploring the continents, I get a picture of a person who feels entitled to live the life of a multi millionaire on a millionaires budget. He also has a full time construction "crew" and a full time mechanic. IMO, he also says in his letters that he wanted to "take a couple of years off of work", leading me to believe that he really didn't know what work was either. For some reason, DM felt he needed to go to Baja in 2013. The point is, he could have borrowed a bit more money from MB if it was truly all about a cash flow problem and he needed a new truck. IMHO, DM, like so many other murderous psychopaths, was being fuelled solely by the need to kill. All of the financial issues around the business may have been a catalyst, but the need wasn't theft, IMHO it was the need to kill someone- the truck was just the bonus. MOO

He says a few times in the letters all that he was seeking was freedom.

Freedom from exactly what - all responsibilities in life?

Wow! How'd I miss this? Was this toady? I've always thought this was his reason for killing her! He had a little love triangle going on and LB was going to destroy that!

I think it was more of a "love" pentagon....or octagon etc. etc. Okay I guess the word is polygon.

The Instagram comment said he was in 10 years for drug and other charges which are the charges that were dropped last October.
There is a publication ban but from what I understand, he is still in custody awaiting trial on the weapons charges related to DM.

DM actually had the world by the tail prior to murdering TB. That's what makes me think he's an out of control psychopath. Even though he had murdered WM and LB, by all accounts he had gotten away with it. All DM and MB had to do was stick handle thru the financial issues created when a person like WM dies unexpectedly. Most normal people would have embarked on a restructuring plan that wouldn't have included a knee jerk shut down. Not to say that a shut down wasn't imminent; it just wouldn't have happened a couple days after the principal's death.

IMHO, after everything was restructured there would have still been millions of dollars left over; more than enough for a young person like DM to launch the rest of his life off of. When I read about his plans to travel the world on a sail boat, renting cars at destinations, exploring the continents, I get a picture of a person who feels entitled to live the life of a multi millionaire on a millionaires budget. He also has a full time construction "crew" and a full time mechanic. IMO, he also says in his letters that he wanted to "take a couple of years off of work", leading me to believe that he really didn't know what work was either. For some reason, DM felt he needed to go to Baja in 2013. The point is, he could have borrowed a bit more money from MB if it was truly all about a cash flow problem and he needed a new truck. IMHO, DM, like so many other murderous psychopaths, was being fuelled solely by the need to kill. All of the financial issues around the business may have been a catalyst, but the need wasn't theft, IMHO it was the need to kill someone- the truck was just the bonus. MOO

Absolutely my thoughts. Just sell non-performing assets, invest, take time to understand what you want to do. When the time comes, start a meaningful business. He was ahead financially of 99.9% of population. I hope it will sink in that now his prospects in life are worse than 99.9%. No more "fine red" for him, no going back. MS from this perspective has less to lose. If anything, jail will bring some structure in his life, guaranteed feeding, shelter and clothing.

Did DM call himself a "high achiever". What a joke.

The incinerator was purchased and ordered before LB went missing. It was not delivered until after her disappearance. I believe it was ordered for this purpose but it was pre-planned.

And there was a bizarre, home-made incinerator before the eliminator was purchased. The home-made incinerator was large enough to hold a person.

If they had charged her or them, would this diamond encrusted evidence get tied up in another trial or would it remain easily available for this trial?

Thanked for the term, "diamond encrusted evidence".

In one of the letters, DM is telling CN what her testimony should be and he's talking about MS working at the hangar "grinding away rust and repainting" (underlining that part in the letter). So it appears that he wanted a pic from MS's facebook of him grinding something at the airport with sparks flying. He also talks about the black backpack and how she needs to talk about how MS carried that everywhere (which we know his defense will have pictures of as they were on AM's facebook) with his spray paint for tagging. We know that DM's attorney talked about MS and a backpack right at the beginning of this trial and we know that there is a lot of white spray paint that has not been accounted for so far in this trial. Are they really going to go with some of this stuff that CN was originally supposed to be testifying to as their star witness? And is she going to be agreeing to any of these suggestions during her cross. Because that's the only way I can see them getting his story out there...whatever that may be. I'm so confused as to what DM's defense is going to do now knowing that he was floating all kinds of different "theories" and lies via these letters.

Was he passing off the grinding of MM's motorcycle VIN on MS? Or the grinding off of identifying numbers and repainting of other stolen items in the hangar?
Was he passing off the request for cases of white spray paint on MS for his tagging habit?
Was he passing off the E-bay gun holster purchases on MS?
Was he passing off his gun purchase and contact with MWJ as "collecting props for music videos and meeting with musicians for MS's rap career"?
Was he passing off the oxy that MS was asking him for as something he was holding for MS to help him kick his habit?

And oh my...I just got to the part where CN was supposed to testify that MS was DM's good deeds charity case.... Pffft.

I think I've read enough for one evening. :rolleyes:

MOO

Is it even legal for a defence lawyer to keep multiple folders to handle multiple contingency defences? Aren't they supposed to operate from the point of an expressed truth(singular)?

BBM - the issue with this theory is LB went missing BEFORE DM bought the incinerator......so he didn't have his "new toy" at the time of her disappearance.....IMO he bought the incinerator specifically to dispose of her body.....MOO

I find the timing on everything difficult to decipher with any clarity. According to tweets the first correspondence on the incinerator was June 19, 2012, and delivery was on July 5, 2012. On July 9 SS is still asking questions that imply it hasn't yet been used. By mid August he says "working great now!". If it was used with LB she either was alive for a while after she was identified as missing, or her body was stored for several days or weeks. It's difficult to speculate what evidence turned up that has justified a direct indictment for both MS and DM, and for 1st degree once again. Another forcible confinement case maybe? I still have to pinch myself sometimes to remind myself what a true horror show this all is. You talk about it long enough and it normalizes somehow, the edges smooth out. But this is truly one of this country's worst and most chilling and shocking set of connected crimes. Alleged still, but...

Just looking at possible TD strategy. And yes there is much evidence that can me used to nail MS on first, but just looking at the premeditated angle. Sausage, frying pan and furniture seem to be the most damanging for MS.
MOO

Can he say that he sincerely believed Millard is gonna buy and shooting was completely unexpected? Then he gets accessory after the fact or even walks free? That would be a stretch, but they can't dispute his presence and that Tim Bosma was killed and the truck was stolen. Can't see any other options for MS's defense.

I find the timing on everything difficult to decipher with any clarity. According to tweets the first correspondence on the incinerator was June 19, 2012, and delivery was on July 5, 2012. On July 9 SS is still asking questions that imply it hasn't yet been used. By mid August he says "working great now!". If it was used with LB she either was alive for a while after she was identified as missing, or her body was stored for several days or weeks. It's difficult to speculate what evidence turned up that has justified a direct indictment for both MS and DM, and for 1st degree once again. Another forcible confinement case maybe? I still have to pinch myself sometimes to remind myself what a true horror show this all is. You talk about it long enough and it normalizes somehow, the edges smooth out. But this is truly one of this country's worst and most chilling and shocking set of connected crimes. Alleged still, but...

The order over email was June 20th, the invoice of purchase dated June 21st. It was delivered July 4th or 5th. That email from SS saying it was working in mid-August, might not be an indication that it was mid-August when it was first used. I believe that email was sent when he was also requesting a copy of the receipt. When I read it, I wonder if he was stating that it was working now, which might have meant it worked several weeks before but he was referencing that it was working since their previous contact when it was not working properly which might have been shortly after it was delivered. JMO

Can he say that he sincerely believed Millard is gonna buy and shooting was completely unexpected? Then he gets accessory after the fact or even walks free? That would be a stretch, but they can't dispute his presence and that Tim Bosma was killed and the truck was stolen. Can't see any other options for MS's defense.

This is what I keep coming back to. I believe DM was the driving force. He was the planner. I'm not certain about who actually shot TB, but I think it was DM. MS seems to have had a sore shoulder. It even looks like DM tried to pin the whole thing on MS after the fact. Despite ALL of this, I still find that MS is at a minimum guilty of second degree (and I could make a case for 1st). He WAS there. That IMO has been proven beyond any doubt. There are some text prior to the "mission" that make it seem like MS knew what was going to go down. I'm struggling with exactly how much MS knew beforehand, but the fact remains that he was with DM the night of the murder and his mood the next am was "happy" and he continued to hang out with DM after this. Those are not the actions of someone who got accidentally caught up in a friend committing a murder. MOO

I think there could be other options. He could acknowledge that the plan was to steal the truck and leave TB somewhere but he got out of the truck - maybe he had to go to the bathroom or was feeling sick and while he was out of the truck, the murder occurred. I could see either of them trying that defense and it being the only way out of a first degree murder charge.
Let me be clear, that this is in NO way my opinion of what happened. Only my thoughts on what other defense could be used.
JMO

So, assuming we have seen the last witness for the Crown, we have now seen the totality of the evidence against DM and MS (with the exception of the cross examinations). I have said it before, and still say, I bet MS will not be convicted on 1st degree. My guess is 2nd.. Happy to be wrong.

Second degree murder has a different definition than first degree murder. It includes intentional murder, but one that is a "heat of the moment" reaction, with no planning in advance, like when a man picks up a firepoker and murders the man who's in bed with his wife. I really can't see how it would apply to MS.

It doesn't have to be sincere, just convincing. And yes, it's a very long shot, but it is much more than DM has at this point. I do like the idea of a paid contract angle, but again confused about this being a paid armed robbery, and not much that it was a contract murder. At this point I believe DM will get first degree, but MS's case still needs a little something to ensure first.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members