Bosma Murder Trial 05.09.16 - Day 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I speculate Arthur is the next witness...especially since recently bringing up the 'mischief charges' Someone picked up the toolbox from the stairwell and brought it to MS. Who else would he have asked?

We have heard there was a gun in it when MS got it, yet no one has said they saw it. Betcha Arthur did. Seeing the gun triggered instant panic/paranoia/fear that MS was being 'framed' ..... that's his story and he is sticking to it. Arthur is his chance to put the gun back into DM's hands

I don't think that MS was meant to pick up the toolbox - no one said he was supposed to get it - he got at the last minute, by chance alone.
In one of the letters DM mocks MS for making the effort to get possession of it.

IMO "I was framed' - isn't gonna fly.....

Does anyone have the link to the Industrial park (Bobcat dealership) video with the original sound? All the videos I found have the creepy music replacing original sound.

What personally irritates me about it being brought up that MS has previous charges and DM has none is that, in reality, looking at it chronologically, DM allegedly had already committed 2 others murders and not been caught yet. So he *technically* had a worse criminal record than MS at the time.

I wish the trials could be done in order of death, LB, then WM, then TB. As it stands in this trial, imagine if by some crazy chance DM wasn't convicted because of his "clean" record and the jury isn't allowed to consider the other charges. Yet in a few years he could be convicted of the two other murders.

IMO, I definitely understand why the Bosma trial is first but I wish it could be done in order of offences. It would provide a truer picture for the jury of exactly who DM was at the time of this murder compared to who LE thought he was.

All MOO of course.

Except that MS too was charged in the murder of LB, and had a trial for her murder been held first, MS would still be the guy with more criminal history and DM would have none so I don't think it would make any difference, IMO. The jury can't consider the other history of alleged murders of LB or WM involving DM and/or MS at TB's trial because it would be too prejudicial against the accused, and if those cases were tried first, they couldn't consider any evidence about TB's murder either, of course. It's too bad that all three murders could not have been tried together at the same time, IMO.

All MOO.

I speculate Arthur is the next witness...especially since recently bringing up the 'mischief charges' Someone picked up the toolbox from the stairwell and brought it to MS. Who else would he have asked?

We have heard there was a gun in it when MS got it, yet no one has said they saw it. Betcha Arthur did. Seeing the gun triggered instant panic/paranoia/fear that MS was being 'framed' ..... that's his story and he is sticking to it. Arthur is his chance to put the gun back into DM's hands

I don't think that MS was meant to pick up the toolbox - no one said he was supposed to get it - he got at the last minute, by chance alone.
In one of the letters DM mocks MS for making the effort to get possession of it.

I agree. From everything we heard about Arthur, getting the truth from him would be a given. If the truth helps, why not?

TD could have many witnesses to call for MS: MS himself, MM, MS's physician, Arthur, MS's mother, plus, plus, plus. I think MS's best witness would be himself and perhaps someone he confided in prior to his arrest, telling the truth to about what happened on May 6th and 7th...if there is such a witness. MOO.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7h7 hours ago
Dungey did not specify who exactly he will call -- just that they will call witnesses.

I think Thomas Dungey is an extremely smart man. It's unfortunate he's defending a lowlife of the likes of MS, but so be it.

I don't believe there is anything altruistic about MS either providing testimony or calling defence witnesses. He is out to save his butt at all costs and if that means lying and/or throwing DM under the bus that's what he's going to do.

Mr. Dungey is not naive. I believe that this play is to set up evidence for the upcoming LB trial. I also believe he will get the LAST WORD, before the Judge charges the Jury. Brilliant move and worth every penny for whoever is paying the bill. DM does nothing to defend himself and then MS steps up to the plate and drills one out of the park. I see an appeal in DM's future. Whether it's warranted or not, he will appeal.

I think the letters that DM wrote were the icing on the cake and I am sure we will hear how diligently Pillay tried to keep them from being entered as evidence. CN didn't do DM any good either.

Let's get ready for Wednesday. It should be interesting if nothing else.

MOO

I think that MS expected the gun based on:
May 11 at 2:22pm
Smich (Meneses phone) texts Michalski: "Tell him were [sic] its at and ask him to bring it to me with the other thing."
I think that 'it' is the bag of pot and 'other thing' is the toolbox. I think that MS knew what would be in the toolbox.

I think that MS is guilty of 1st degree, but that DM was the shooter (position of power / thrill that he'd reserve for himself), but that MS knew the full plan in advance.

What personally irritates me about it being brought up that MS has previous charges and DM has none is that, in reality, looking at it chronologically, DM allegedly had already committed 2 others murders and not been caught yet. So he *technically* had a worse criminal record than MS at the time.

I wish the trials could be done in order of death, LB, then WM, then TB. As it stands in this trial, imagine if by some crazy chance DM wasn't convicted because of his "clean" record and the jury isn't allowed to consider the other charges. Yet in a few years he could be convicted of the two other murders.

IMO, I definitely understand why the Bosma trial is first but I wish it could be done in order of offences. It would provide a truer picture for the jury of exactly who DM was at the time of this murder compared to who LE thought he was.

All MOO of course.

Unfortunately each charge stands on its own, so the accused's previous convictions is never disclosed during the trial. That way you can always be certain they've had a fair trial, free from any bias. While I understand this approach I'm not sure I actually agree with this, I think in many ways this favors the accused to the detriment of the victim. I think the best indicator of someone's behavior is their past behavior.

From the dude who made a complete imbecile out of himself in the courtroom for more than three months now . You snooze you lose DM. Suck it up that MS didn't keep his pinky swear promise he would never rat you out. :p :laugh:

I think we might learn in LB's case DM was also the murderer of her. It's interesting to see what can happen when someone uses drug, money and booze as leverage to keep an unemployed, petty criminal quiet. How could MS go to LE telling them he was with DM when TB was murdered, when he had LB's unsolved case hanging over his head? Along with all the other crimes he helped DM commit. Rock meet hard place. ALL MOO.

“The defence elects to call no evidence,” said Dellen Millard’s lawyer, Ravin Pillay, in court on Monday.

After a short recess, the lawyer for Millard’s co-accused, Mark Smich, said he will call evidence in the case, which means Smich could take the stand. At that point, Millard looked over at Smich and shook his head.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-in-murder-trial-lawyer-says/article29937027/

Except that MS too was charged in the murder of LB, and had a trial for her murder been held first, MS would still be the guy with more criminal history and DM would have none so I don't think it would make any difference, IMO. The jury can't consider the other history of alleged murders of LB or WM involving DM and/or MS at TB's trial because it would be too prejudicial against the accused, and if those cases were tried first, they couldn't consider any evidence about TB's murder either, of course. It's too bad that all three murders could not have been tried together at the same time, IMO.

All MOO.
As it's already been discussed why the order of the trials are the way they are, so I won't go into that. I will however say that, I think there is significantly more evidence to support the TB murder charge. Enough so to exhaust DMs money on a defence. He is going to represent himself in the other trials and I don't see that going over well. IMO.

I don't know much about the evidence supporting the WM and LB murder charges but i now wonder if MS gave a statement and information on the LB murder. JMO.

Have we heard a lot about MS's friend Arthur, or Arturo? Can someone please explain? Thank you!

Arthur is a friend of MS from his neighborhood.

Takes orders from MS
Been referred to as not the brightest of the dimwit by other dimwits.
Had been charged with MS for a graffiti incident.

MS used him to pick up the toolbox and pot from AM and MH.

He is mentioned often during BD's testimony. Day 30 and 31.

Hope this helps.

They were caught painting the SAY10 graffiti on the underpass

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/2904155-adults-arrested-for-overpass-graffiti/

...... Two Oakville men, aged 25 and 21, are facing charges after graffiti was sprayed-painted on the Fourth Line/QEW overpass Saturday night.
..... Mark Smich, 25, of Oakville has been charged mischief under $5,000.
Artour Sabouloua, 21, of Oakville has been charged with mischief under $5,000 and possession of marijuana.
..... bag containing 10 cans of spray paint

That was back in Oct 2012 .... sure was lots of stuff going on back then.

That still hasn't gone to court yet? They might get off for unnecessary delay!

The funny (not haha) thing is if one didn't know about LB's murder, and MS being charged with it along with DM, one could absolutely see how MS accidentally got caught up in Tim Bosma's murder and convict him of a lesser charge.

scary thought.

Sorry, I am a bit behind on the thread but this is exactly why I'm saying I somehow wish LB's trial could be before TB's. The jury can't consider the other charges and without considering them it could be easy for someone on the jury to think this was an "accident" or something like that.

Yes, I do understand why the TB one is first though.

Arthur is a friend of MS from his neighborhood.

Takes orders from MS
Been referred to as not the brightest of the dimwit by other dimwits.
Had been charged with MS for a graffiti incident.

MS used him to pick up the toolbox and pot from AM and MH.

He is mentioned often during BD's testimony. Day 30 and 31.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I didn't remember his name being mentioned in BD's testimony ... Will go back and re-read those tweets now.

Thank you! I didn't remember his name being mentioned in BD's testimony ... Will go back and re-read those tweets now.

MM also talked about Arthur. He's MS's b****, remember?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews Apr 6
#Smich described friend Arthur as "his *****." Would run errands, do Smich bidding, incl. hiding toolbox that held gun & weed. #Bosma

And someone testified that Arthur's (Artour) mother was yelling angrily at him... perhaps in Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste