Bosma Murder Trial 05.09.16 - Day 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the dude who made a complete imbecile out of himself in the courtroom for more than three months now . You snooze you lose DM. Suck it up that MS didn't keep his pinky swear promise he would never rat you out. :p :laugh:

I think we might learn in LB's case DM was also the murderer of her. It's interesting to see what can happen when someone uses drug, money and booze as leverage to keep an unemployed, petty criminal quiet. How could MS go to LE telling them he was with DM when TB was murdered, when he had LB's unsolved case hanging over his head? Along with all the other crimes he helped DM commit. Rock meet hard place. ALL MOO.

“The defence elects to call no evidence,” said Dellen Millard’s lawyer, Ravin Pillay, in court on Monday.

After a short recess, the lawyer for Millard’s co-accused, Mark Smich, said he will call evidence in the case, which means Smich could take the stand. At that point, Millard looked over at Smich and shook his head.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-in-murder-trial-lawyer-says/article29937027/

From what I've read so far it does not appear that DM uses blackmail. He keeps people on his side by making them willing participants in his crimes. If they rat him out they rat themselves. He uses his money to make friends. He feels for their moral limits and exploits any dark tendencies.

Unfortunately each charge stands on its own, so the accused's previous convictions is never disclosed during the trial. That way you can always be certain they've had a fair trial, free from any bias. While I understand this approach I'm not sure I actually agree with this, I think in many ways this favors the accused to the detriment of the victim. I think the best indicator of someone's behavior is their past behavior.

It's more complicated than that. Check out similar fact evidence.

And someone testified that Arthur's (Artour) mother was yelling angrily at him... perhaps in Russian

I believe MM and BD mentioned Arthur's mom. She sounds like the only normal mom of the bunch. Although MM painted a pretty good picture of MS's mom. That's if you believe that MS's mom and his sister were not aware of the gun when they asked MS to get rid of everything. Knowing what MS was up to prior to this horror, they were most likely referring to the drugs.

MOO

DM is certainly not going to win the favour of the jury with the behavior he is exhibiting. Clearly he has some mental issues, and I don't mean that in a funny way. The thing about him eating dog biscuits at school has been stuck in my mind for some strange reason. I think he needs/craves attention - probably not getting much from his parents growing up. I believe he needed and continues to need to be in the center of attention, to be the 'big man'. For someone apparently so smart (we know he is not), showing disrespect in the courtroom is one of the dumbest things he could do.

MS has nothing to lose going on the stand. While I do believe he is guilty of 1st <modsnip>, at least he has the good sense to act appropriately in court. I really do hope he takes the stand and comes clean. I am waiting for a bombshell to drop - we shall see.

All MOO of course.

I think that MS expected the gun based on:
May 11 at 2:22pm
Smich (Meneses phone) texts Michalski: "Tell him were [sic] its at and ask him to bring it to me with the other thing."
I think that 'it' is the bag of pot and 'other thing' is the toolbox. I think that MS knew what would be in the toolbox.

I think that MS is guilty of 1st degree, but that DM was the shooter (position of power / thrill that he'd reserve for himself), but that MS knew the full plan in advance.

Even in DM's letters he made a comment about MS's first reaction to the news of DM's arrest as "give me all the drugs". Nothing about the gun.

Everyone in DM's circle knew that the toolbox contained drugs. And MS probably knew, more than most, just what kind of drugs, weed and narcotics (orange guys?), DM would have had around the house.

So when he asked AM for "all the drugs" he may have been told that there was a pound of weed still at the house and that the toolbox with the "narcotics" was given to MH. So naturally MS would ask for that too.

There is nothing to indicate that anyone other than DM knew there was a gun in the toolbox. Even DM, in his attempts to frame MS via the letters, does not mention that MS asked for the gun. Because he didn't IMO. Because no one knew where it was and I'm pretty sure MS would not have wanted the murder weapon in his possession. What he wanted was the drugs. And that is what was delivered to him. "All the drugs"...just like he asked for. With a special bonus surprise in the the toolbox.

I do believe that MS was surprised about finding the gun in the toolbox. At this point that's about all I believe from his side. It will be interesting to see what witnesses and evidence his defense team presents.

MOO

MM also talked about Arthur. He's MS's b****, remember?

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews Apr 6
#Smich described friend Arthur as "his *****." Would run errands, do Smich bidding, incl. hiding toolbox that held gun & weed. #Bosma

Oh, yes, that is very familiar now ... Thank you for pointing this out! In my mind, the only Arthur that was there AJ ... These elderly brain grooves of mine don't quite hold all the info anymore, lol!

Even in DM's letters he made a comment about MS's first reaction to the news of DM's arrest as "give me all the drugs". Nothing about the gun.

Everyone in DM's circle knew that the toolbox contained drugs. And MS probably knew, more than most, just what kind of drugs, weed and narcotics (orange guys?), DM would have had around the house.

So when he asked AM for "all the drugs" he may have been told that there was a pound of weed still at the house and that the toolbox with the "narcotics" was given to MH. So naturally MS would ask for that too.

There is nothing to indicate that anyone other than DM knew there was a gun in the toolbox. Even DM, in his attempts to frame MS via the letters, does not mention that MS asked for the gun. Because he didn't IMO. Because no one knew where it was and I'm pretty sure MS would not have wanted the murder weapon in his possession. What he wanted was the drugs. And that is what was delivered to him. "All the drugs"...just like he asked for. With a special bonus surprise in the the toolbox.

I do believe that MS was surprised about finding the gun in the toolbox. At this point that's about all I believe from his side. It will be interesting to see what witnesses and evidence his defense team presents.

MOO

I agree with you that MS knew that drugs were stored in the toolbox, but even MH seemed to know that DM was interested (and likely owned?) guns (around 2am on May 10):

Millard (on Noudga's phone) texts Hagerman: "a toolbox."
Hagerman texts Millard (on Noudga's phone): "haha full of guns?"

if MH knew/suspected enough to suggest that, surely MS would know that guns(s) were also stored in the toolbox

Although I believe that MS knew what he was getting in the toolbox, I also wonder why he wanted it. Maybe his prints were on it and so he wanted possession, or maybe out of loyalty to DM (even if DM was the shooter) he wanted to 'take care' of it. He may have been thinking of his plan to sell it (was it MM who talked him out of that after the first prospective buyer lacked the cash?)

I agree with you that MS knew that drugs were stored in the toolbox, but even MH seemed to know that DM was interested (and likely owned?) guns (around 2am on May 10):

Millard (on Noudga's phone) texts Hagerman: "a toolbox."
Hagerman texts Millard (on Noudga's phone): "haha full of guns?"

if MH knew/suspected enough to suggest that, surely MS would know that guns(s) were also stored in the toolbox

I don't recall anyone suggesting that guns were stored in the toolbox on a regular basis? I understand that the toolbox was out and open at parties. So I don't think guns were normally stored in it, or that all of DM's friends/partygoers knew he had a gun(s) or where he stored it.

I do believe that MH was actually being facetious when he commented about guns being in the toolbox. I think he knew he was holding drugs for DM but had no idea how close to the truth his text actually was.

MOO

I think Thomas Dungey is an extremely smart man. It's unfortunate he's defending a lowlife of the likes of MS, but so be it.

I don't believe there is anything altruistic about MS either providing testimony or calling defence witnesses. He is out to save his butt at all costs and if that means lying and/or throwing DM under the bus that's what he's going to do.

Mr. Dungey is not naive. I believe that this play is to set up evidence for the upcoming LB trial. I also believe he will get the LAST WORD, before the Judge charges the Jury. Brilliant move and worth every penny for whoever is paying the bill. DM does nothing to defend himself and then MS steps up to the plate and drills one out of the park. I see an appeal in DM's future. Whether it's warranted or not, he will appeal.

I think the letters that DM wrote were the icing on the cake and I am sure we will hear how diligently Pillay tried to keep them from being entered as evidence. CN didn't do DM any good either.

Let's get ready for Wednesday. It should be interesting if nothing else.

MOO
DM was outplayed. He took a chance that MS wouldn't mount a defence and he is wrong! Hope the truth comes out and the family hears what actually happened that night.

Maybe I am too excited and hope MS will do the right thing, but wonder if he could confess now and get a lesser sentence? Is that even possible?

As as for DM appealing - on what grounds? Pillay sounded like he objected to every witness and every cross by Dungay, so not sure what more he could have done for DM's defence?

Sucks to to be DM right about now!

I don't recall anyone suggesting that guns were stored in the toolbox on a regular basis? I understand that the toolbox was out and open at parties. So I don't think guns were normally stored in it, or that all of DM's friends/partygoers knew he had a gun(s) or where he stored it.

I do believe that MH was actually being facetious when he commented about guns being in the toolbox. I think he knew he was holding drugs for DM but had no idea how close to the truth his text actually was.

MOO
Thank you for stating this. In my opinion MH kinda got a raw deal by all. I actually thought he showed some real emotion. TD went at him hard about snivelling but,I do think it was because he was the one that called CS and told him about M S. So TD wanted to discredit him. Yes he was part of the look out team. So yes he was scared of telling all. But after the fifth time, he did tell. If I ever need a lawyer TD is gonna be my man. Which leaves the question in my mind. Is MS not as involved, or is he but he has a great lawyer. Hmmm.

I think Thomas Dungey is an extremely smart man. It's unfortunate he's defending a lowlife of the likes of MS, but so be it.

I don't believe there is anything altruistic about MS either providing testimony or calling defence witnesses. He is out to save his butt at all costs and if that means lying and/or throwing DM under the bus that's what he's going to do.

Mr. Dungey is not naive. I believe that this play is to set up evidence for the upcoming LB trial. I also believe he will get the LAST WORD, before the Judge charges the Jury. Brilliant move and worth every penny for whoever is paying the bill. DM does nothing to defend himself and then MS steps up to the plate and drills one out of the park. I see an appeal in DM's future. Whether it's warranted or not, he will appeal.

I think the letters that DM wrote were the icing on the cake and I am sure we will hear how diligently Pillay tried to keep them from being entered as evidence. CN didn't do DM any good either.

Let's get ready for Wednesday. It should be interesting if nothing else.

MOO

I don't believe that Dungey will have the last word as far as his closing arguments to the jury ... It is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong, that Pillay gets the final close, just before the Judge's instructions, because he didn't present a defence?

Why was DM taking all those stupid notes if he's not putting up a defense. Is it me or does Pillay just seem like a bad lawyer?

What if MS' evidence is the actual gun with DM's finger prints all over it?
Ah, wouldn't that be a dream. It will stay that way IMO. If there was that kind of evidence out there, there would be no benefit to holding out til the defence (or I can't possibly see the benefit) to release it. The ballistics report for this and the other pending trials would be invaluable.

I think MS will try to say that wh wasn't involved in the shooting and that he took a bunch of pain pills and slept at the hanger while "DM did everything" but that he helped hide evidence. IMO, that's how this dream goes but if that's what he told LE, wouldn't he be in CNs position vs Co-accused?

From what I've read so far it does not appear that DM uses blackmail. He keeps people on his side by making them willing participants in his crimes. If they rat him out they rat themselves. He uses his money to make friends. He feels for their moral limits and exploits any dark tendencies.

Smich is gonna sing like the supremes.

What if MS' evidence is the actual gun with DM's finger prints all over it?
Well that would be sweet but...does it have to be disclosed? Or just the crown's evidence does?

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member