Bosma Murder Trial 05.10.16 - Midweek Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your entire post is pretty much proving my point--she deserves to be "shamed", because she made a stupid double entendre and people fell for it, and because she played the sex card in court. None of that has anything to do with her actual criminal culpability and everything to do with her gender. Meanwhile, DM had four or five women on the hook at once, but even then we tend to blame the women who fell for it, or else we just make little jokes about him. But CN gets the scarlet letter treatment.

Again, not defending her, and if anything I think people obsessed with her social media are playing right into her hands. I just like to be as objective as possible about these crimes, and that means being gender-blind. Which in turn means weeding out our cultural bias towards "*advertiser censored* shaming", because her sexual behavior has NOTHING to do with the murder of Tim Bosma.
Ugh, this is so tough. I really admire women who are confident and highly sexual people but I always feel like there is a fine line between confident and self conscious/depreciating. IMO. This is probably going to receive a lot of flack. I'm no prude but I could not volunteer details on my sex life in front of my mom, certainly without blushing. You would have to pry that out of me with a crow bar. To me, this proves that it 1) was a lie and 2) for shock value. It's all very distracting from the main story and attention seeking that deserves some shaming, *advertiser censored* or otherwise. IMO.

I'm not putting that article up as anything but a reference to the third suspect issue.

Police investigations are fluid. They are always going to get some initial stuff wrong just like journalism on breaking events is always going to make mistakes.

Help me understand why you still believe there is still a third suspect. What in your view points in that direction?
"Wrong"? Or are things put out there strategically for the purpose of an investigation?

As for the third person. It's a feeling. No more then that. You don't have to agree with it. Some others here think the same. Perhaps they can enlighten you on their thoughts.

"Wrong"? Or are things put out there strategically for the purpose of an investigation?

As for the third person. It's a feeling. No more then that. You don't have to agree with it. Some others here think the same. Perhaps they can enlighten you on their thoughts.

Feelings can be a good starting point but they are not a very good endpoint in criminal investigations. Evidence is what counts.

Nope, sometimes they're just wrong with early initial info.

Did you follow the Sandy Hook shootings? For a while there were two reported shooters.

The major downside is that it leads to conspiracy theories.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and you don't have to back it up with anything concrete, but the corollary is that other people are allowed to point out that it's not congruent with the known facts.

Keep in mind we've gone through a bit of trial by fire in these threads over the years as DM defenders challenged every piece of damning info and demanded links on nearly every statement. So yes, those of us who remain have a certain respect for the evidence that's been officially entered into record.

Can you imagine how emotionally exhausted the Bosma's are feeling after enduring the past three years since TB's murder, and also these last few months of trial? They set an example that few could hold a candle to, IMO, as they display true grace under pressure, IMO. They present a united front, offer one another support and share prayers and hugs daily among themselves and extend them to others, and that's so inspiring to me. Their every small yet meaningful gesture, like the special "candy"' they distribute at times, is a testament to their love and loyalty for Tim, IMO. Despite being thrown into a living nightmare that they can't escape, they do Tim proud in every heartbreaking and difficult moment, their resilience evident, their patience endless, and all in the worst of circumstances any of us can imagine, and that is truly admirable, IMO.

I don't mean to come across as preachy, but IMO we could all do better by trying to emulate this remarkable Bosma Army during these tense times. Soon I hope the tensions will lessen, sensitivities will be soothed, and justice will win the day, and then we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief. The journey for justice will continue as other trials get under way at a later date, but at least we here will all get a break from the intensity of the trial for a bit once the verdicts are in, IMO. In some small way, I feel that we're like TB's extended virtual family of well-wishers, all wanting only the best for TB's family, and even though we don't always see eye to eye and often express differing perspectives in our discussions here, in our hope to see justice for TB, LB and WM prevail, we have forged an undeniable bond and we share a worthy and common goal. Wishing everyone a good rest tonight because tomorrow will be another big day at court. Remember to take care of yourselves - it's important! :)

All MOO.

Nope, sometimes they're just wrong with early initial info.

Did you follow the Sandy Hook shootings? For a while there were two reported shooters.

The major downside is that it leads to conspiracy theories.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and you don't have to back it up with anything concrete, but the corollary is that other people are allowed to point out that it's not congruent with the known facts.

Keep in mind we've gone through a bit of trial by fire in these threads over the years as DM defenders challenged every piece of damning info and demanded links on nearly every statement. So yes, those of us who remain have a certain respect for the evidence that's been officially entered into record.
I've been around myself since day one under the same username and I've never been a DM supporter. I'm really not sure why I'm under scrutiny here for having an opinion. At the end of the day I'm here hoping there is justice for TB regardless of how we get there.

On a new tangent ... I was refreshing my knowledge of Ted Bundy today (cheerful hobby we have, eh?) and more similarities to DM jumped out at me. While I don't think DM had Bundy's insatiable lust-killer thing going on, in addition to representing themselves in court, I noticed:

--Bundy was noted for never taking the blame for anything, even in his pre-execution days when he was confessing to dozens of murders. It was always society's fault, his parents' fault, the cops fault.

--He always had several girlfriends on the hook, including more than one who stood by him after his arrest, and one who even married and bore his kid after his conviction.

--He loved *theft*. He loved not just the act of stealing, but the feeling of possessing the things he had stolen. Sound familiar? We always talked about a theft ring, but DM seemed to hoard his trophies.

--He was considered to be charming and charismatic.

--He felt he could outsmart the cops and the legal system, even though his own academic performance was less than stellar.

On a new tangent ... I was refreshing my knowledge of Ted Bundy today (cheerful hobby we have, eh?) and more similarities to DM jumped out at me. While I don't think DM had Bundy's insatiable lust-killer thing going on, in addition to representing themselves in court, I noticed:

--Bundy was noted for never taking the blame for anything, even in his pre-execution days when he was confessing to dozens of murders. It was always society's fault, his parents' fault, the cops fault.

--He always had several girlfriends on the hook, including more than one who stood by him after his arrest, and one who even married and bore his kid after his conviction.

--He loved *theft*. He loved not just the act of stealing, but the feeling of possessing the things he had stolen. Sound familiar? We always talked about a theft ring, but DM seemed to hoard his trophies.

--He was considered to be charming and charismatic.

--He felt he could outsmart the cops and the legal system, even though his own academic performance was less than stellar.
Someone actually suggested the parallels in the Ann Rule book. When this is over I'll be reading it again myself. I'm interested to see the comparisons.

Miranda16 said:
just curious what legal argument they could have made against the letters? They did agree that the letters are authentic (or was that only after legal arguments were exhausted?). As a layperson I find it frustrating when defence lawyers are able to have evidence excluded, though I can accept that it is part of a system that guarantees our rights.

Late reply... been away... :)
Not a lawyer, nor do I claim to be an expert in legal matters... but I believe one argument RP and NS could use against the letters DM wrote, they were illegal against the court "no contact" order. But to my knowledge, DM was not charged for breaching that court order. So the illegal contact via phone "wonderwall" song and the letters he wrote to CN, defense could argue against jury finding out about that illegal activity, DM was not charged, and it could prejudice the jury.

Note that I personally don't agree with that argument, and apparently, neither did Justice Goodman agree. Thankfully the letters were allowed as evidence.

Late reply... been away... :)
Not a lawyer, nor do I claim to be an expert in legal matters... but I believe one argument RP and NS could use against the letters DM wrote, they were illegal against the court "no contact" order. But to my knowledge, DM was not charged for breaching that court order. So the illegal contact via phone "wonderwall" song and the letters he wrote to CN, defense could argue against jury finding out about that illegal activity, DM was not charged, and it could prejudice the jury.

Note that I personally don't agree with that argument, and apparently, neither did Justice Goodman agree. Thankfully the letters were allowed as evidence.

I wonder if you just hit on WHY DM wasn't charged with breaching the no-contact order even though MS was.

I can't believe how stupid she was. First off sending the letters and thinking they wouldn't be caught and she wouldn't get in trouble for it. But also not destroying his letters or even hiding them ! And not getting rid of the DVR ! DM must be so mad at her ! He must be furious !

If she wanted to keep those letters, why didn't she take them to a self serve office services shop and scan them onto a flash drive and hide the flash drive in the bottom of a plant pot ? So much for being a super smart, elusive spy. Coyote ? Nope. More like a dumb ewe. Baahhhh... I don't remember.

JMO but I see this the exact opposite. This girl was not stupid at all. (except if you count loving DM) She lawyered up within hours of DM's arrest. because she had a lot to hide. (as did MB) Every step she took from that point on was scripted. When the letters started I think her lawyer advised her how to answer them. That's why she was always rushed to get them back to him. A girl in "love" and distraught over his arrest would respond immediately! They asked just the right questions and fed his ego just enough to keep him spilling the beans re: discovery and how the case was progressing without implicating her. She was smart but not smart enough to do that on her own. He got played big time by his little girl and her lawyer IMO. I hope he fries her at her trial! That little bit** is walking a little too high and proud for my liking. Totally JMO

I wonder if you just hit on WHY DM wasn't charged with breaching the no-contact order even though MS was.
Hadn't thought of it from that angle, but yah, that could have been why!! DM the devious little intellect... but the intellect ran out of gas... without warning, just like the Yukon fuel guage... his intellect was on EMPTY but thought he had a tank full..

Ugh, this is so tough. I really admire women who are confident and highly sexual people but I always feel like there is a fine line between confident and self conscious/depreciating. IMO. This is probably going to receive a lot of flack. I'm no prude but I could not volunteer details on my sex life in front of my mom, certainly without blushing. You would have to pry that out of me with a crow bar. To me, this proves that it 1) was a lie and 2) for shock value. It's all very distracting from the main story and attention seeking that deserves some shaming, *advertiser censored* or otherwise. IMO.

It won't receive any flack. I'm not the one posting it so you're in the clear. Lol

I do however agree with the fact it was stated for shock value.

I've been around myself since day one under the same username and I've never been a DM supporter. I'm really not sure why I'm under scrutiny here for having an opinion. At the end of the day I'm here hoping there is justice for TB regardless of how we get there.

Everyone has an opinion, that's what makes the world go round and round. however, when it comes to trials and court cases, most people like to base their opinions on facts/evidence and not on opinion or gut feelings. The lawyers, cops, family and friends do NOT believe there is a 3rd person, and that's all the evidence I need. Not once in this whole trial has a driver or 3rd person been mentioned by anyone involved in the case, because it's a non issue.

I do however agree with the fact it was stated for shock value.
RSBM
I agree, shock value. Personally, I don't find it at all troublesome that she might enjoy various kinks.
What bothers me the most, is the timing and location. If this were a truth or dare game, after a few drinks with friends, playing the kinky card would be more appropriate.

TB was murdered, and this trial is supposed to be our justice system speaking for the victims, Tim and his family and friends. Highly inappropriate to be shock seeking in this venue, with SB having to listen to this distraction. It makes a mockery of the seriousness of what happened to Tim.

CN disgusts me for this fact, not for admitting the act of fellating DM. And she ought to be shamed for this middle finger she gave to the victims.

Everyone has an opinion, that's what makes the world go round and round. however, when it comes to trials and court cases, most people like to base their opinions on facts/evidence and not on opinion or gut feelings. The lawyers, cops, family and friends do NOT believe there is a 3rd person, and that's all the evidence I need. Not once in this whole trial has a driver or 3rd person been mentioned by anyone involved in the case, because it's a non issue.

Can I ask why everyone so focused on what I believe? There a whole lot of posters here with varying opinions. I don't think I've once been disrespectful or MY opinion is right and YOURS is wrong towards people. Unlike some are trying to push unto others.

1. I'm not the only one who thinks this way as others have stated they share the same opinion.
2. I'm not on the jury. I'm on websleuths

Can I ask why everyone so focused on what I believe? There a whole lot of posters here with varying opinions. I don't think I've once been disrespectful or MY opinion is right and YOURS is wrong towards people. Unlike some are trying to push unto others.

1. I'm not the only one who thinks this way as others have stated they share the same opinion.
2. I'm not on the jury. I'm on websleuths

I don't see anyone trying to push their opinion on you, however, I do see people posting evidence and facts. That's not being disrespectful, it's being forthright. There is no evidence or facts presented in this case that point to a 3rd party. If you care to believe it, that's fine. But dont get upset and defensive when people present you with the evidence and facts that there absolutely was not a 3rd person.

I don't see anyone trying to push their opinion on you, however, I do see people posting evidence and facts. That's not being disrespectful, it's being forthright. There is no evidence or facts presented in this case that point to a 3rd party. If you care to believe it, that's fine. But dont get upset and defensive when people present you with the evidence and facts that there absolutely was not a 3rd person.

I'm not upset or defensive. However by having "multiple" people try to push something in your face isn't going to change someone's opinion.

I haven't seen ANY evidence presented to me that says there wasn't a 3rd person. Only theories at this point.

Regardless I'm agreeing to disagree on this subject. At this point it's irrelevant anyways.

I know that police had MS under surveillance. Does anyone know the dates of the surveillance? Was it 24 hr. surveillance?

He must have managed to escape them when he went to bury the gun? What a shame.

Or maybe he buried it before surveillance began?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM & Rsbm
I don't think MS will say he was alone in the Yukon, although that's a great defence. It goes back to this:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ter-was-sitting-in-truck-blood-spatter-expert

The shot-through-the-neck detail suggests to me that MS was in the Ram.

Well if MS told his lawyer that TB was shot in the neck, that wouldn't necessarily mean he was in the Ram. I'm sure MS would know the difference between a neck and head shot when he and DM removed TB out of the truck. So this to me does not indicate that MS and DM were both in the Ram when TB was shot. MOO

If MS is going to say he did not expect the murder and only helped DM afterwards out of fear, that might work, if it weren't for the points above. He could also bring forward the point (confirmed in DM's jailhouse letters) that after DM was arrested he was only seeking DM's drugs, not the gun, which was passed on by a scared MH.

I agree for the most part but I think CN initiated the drug pickup as she didn't want the drugs to taint DM'S character.
IMO, I don't think MS was expecting the toolbox at all, that CN also orchestrated that as well. She knew dang well what was going on! I don't believe she didn't know what was in that box! I'm sure she didn't want the gun to taint DM'S character!

All MOO and JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members