Bosma Murder Trial 05.10.16 - Midweek Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If MS does take the stand, I hope they clear up a little problem with CN's testimony.

Noudga's records show that Michalski called her, not the other way around, and she testified. "Your position is this record must be wrong?" Leitch says. "My position is my recollection is I called him," she says. "Your phone records don't bare it out," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

The phone call from Smich isn't in there either before Burns - she says the records "must be wrong."
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

MOO

Excellent point. But it may not come up until her own trial where MS will testify almost certainly.

Another excellent point a poster made here yesterday is about the timber blocks. Also, the GA masonry supervisor who observed the orange tarp.

A lot of good questions coming up for her.

For some reason a quote comes to mind from that movie, "you may be square with God, but you sure aren't square with the state of Mississippi". Although, I don't think she's quite square with God.

If MS does take the stand, I hope they clear up a little problem with CN's testimony.

Noudga's records show that Michalski called her, not the other way around, and she testified. "Your position is this record must be wrong?" Leitch says. "My position is my recollection is I called him," she says. "Your phone records don't bare it out," Leitch says.

The phone call from Smich isn't in there either before Burns - she says the records "must be wrong."

MOO

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Leitch not admit right after this exchange that he had made an error, and that CN was right in her recollection?

<modsnip>

IMO the degree of discussion on WS has nothing to do with whether there was a third person. And how would anyone know and LE has an ongoing investigation re this whole mess I would think.

<modsnip>

Yes there was no third person at the test drive. There was DM and MS. And like I said....they told the Bosma's that their friend dropped them off. So tell me how it is so definitive that there was no third party. You cannot. But I am sure someone may ask MS for clarification around this detail and I think he may be just glad to share. IMO

MOO

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Leitch not admit right after this exchange that he had made an error, and that CN was right in her recollection?

Not about the phone records.

Yes, this was corrected. Leitch was mistakenly looking at a later time frame (around 10:30) and CN had the order of calls correct.

From Molly H's tweets on April 28th:

Pillay objects and says Leitch should be showing her earlier calls from that night around 9pm. He agrees. #Bosma Apr 28, 2016

At 9:09pm there's an SMS from her phone to Smich. At 9:13pm there's a 245 second call from Meneses to her. #Bosma Apr 28, 2016

There's then a call to Michalski at 9:22pm. #Bosma Apr 28, 2016

Then MB called her at 10:28.

At 10:28pm there's a call from Madeleine Burns. Then at 10:33 she calls Burns. #Bosma Apr 28, 2016

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxyo_MC4bf28IMfFvSuu5ETlebQlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=156108166

I've never posted on here but have been a long time reader since Tim was reported missing. First I want to say that there's lots of excellent insight on here by everyone so a job well done.

Anyways I was reading old news articles and looking back at this quote from Millard's old lawyer is interesting to me now that Millard has Pillay and won't call any evidence.
Millard’s lawyer Deepak Paradkar insisted there was more to the story, that his client was innocent and the truth would become clear once his co-accused was under arrest.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/killer-video-for-bosma-accused

It's fascinating to look back on that from 2013 to now as we watch the trial unfold. I hope tomorrow we can start getting closer to the truth but who knows how much of it will truly be honest.

Yes there was no third person at the test drive. There was DM and MS. And like I said....they told the Bosma's that their friend dropped them off. So tell me how it is so definitive that there was no third party. You cannot. But I am sure someone may ask MS for clarification around this detail and I think he may be just glad to share. IMO

Some people on WS don't like it when you bring up a 3rd person. Even though LE clearly stated this themselves and then said after arrests were made there was no longer an immediate danger to the public. I'm not sure why all the hostility regarding a 3rd person or how is so definitive there was not someone else. People seem to want hard evidence or proof of facts but I've yet to see any either way. JMO

IMO The 3rd person doesn't make sense because the Yukon was there. Unless the person drove the Yukon and then walked home or MS and DM came up separately there is no need for a 3rd person.

I've never posted on here but have been a long time reader since Tim was reported missing. First I want to say that there's lots of excellent insight on here by everyone so a job well done.

Anyways I was reading old news articles and looking back at this quote from Millard's old lawyer is interesting to me now that Millard has Pillay and won't call any evidence. http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/killer-video-for-bosma-accused

It's fascinating to look back on that from 2013 to now as we watch the trial unfold. I hope tomorrow we can start getting closer to the truth but who knows how much of it will truly be honest.

Planning/hoping to pin it on MS from the start.

Someone earlier questioned who goes first for closing.....I found this.

Each legal team will then present its closing address to the jury, beginning with Millard's, followed by Smich's counsel, then Leitch for the Crown.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6546273-clairmont-the-end-of-the-bosma-trial-is-in-sight/

So then DM never gets to refute anything that MS's side presents. Not all through the trial, and now not at the end either. I can see why he wouldn't be too happy about that. It would seem more fair the way it is with a single accused on trial, where if the defense doesn't present evidence, they close last. That way, because MS is presenting evidence, he would close first. And because DM isn't presenting evidence, he would close last. MS seems to have effectively taken that away from them both.

JMO

I'm not saying forget who she is. I'm saying stop giving her attention. There is a big difference. Following her on instagram and discussing her social media accounts is attention that IMO she doesn't deserve. You obviously feel very differently than I do about this subject. To each his own.

She deserves to be recognized in public and have the stigma as the uncooperative ex-girlfriend of the serial killer.

My thoughts on CN is that she would have been a star witness for the prosecution if she were innocent. Would have been really simple for her, excellent way to get revenge on DM for the other girls too. But the problem is that she isn't innocent and couldn't do a deal with prosecution without doing time. Thus she lies to cover her tracks and gets deeper and deeper into this mess.

There is a reason DM was able to convince her to help clean up - she probably knew of the whole plan and dropped DM and MS off.

Whatever MS says tomorrow will be admissible as evidence in her trial. Her own testimony wasn't, but his will be.

I'm hoping she gets 10+ years.

I can't believe how she screwed up her life being with DM. But you are who you hang around with and she apparently liked this low life gang. And now she is going to jail with them.

There is this....

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 5h5 hours ago
Noudga was a good witness from the Crown's view. Difficult on the stand, yes, 1/2

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 5h5 hours ago
2/2 but she puts Millard with Tim's truck & incinerator & toolbox. Also the jailhouse letters, best evidence of all.

She deserves to be recognized in public and have the stigma as the uncooperative ex-girlfriend of the serial killer.

More so than DM's other uncooperative buddies, like SS?

Any chance we want to "stigmatize" her more because she's a woman who flaunted her sexuality and now she needs to be "shamed"? This is what makes me uncomfortable about the negative "fan clubs" who become obsessed with people like Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias, far beyond the level of interest they would show for a male who committed the same crime.

Don't get me wrong, she's a miserable human being. But she's just one in a line of DM's associates who all failed to do the right thing and lied on the stand. And she's facing her own charges. We don't need to metaphorically stone her; hopefully the justice system takes care of her crimes. It's too bad MB is apparently going to get away with hers.

Great find Alethea on CN from SC. Good way to look at it. Funny how barely saying anything can confirm a lot of things. So while the public sees one side, the other side is very interesting as well.

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member