Bosma Murder Trial 05.10.16 - Midweek Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF MS takes the stand, I am not getting any hopes up for MS spilling guts, or truth. The guy was a bad apple, and although he may be in less of a drug induced haze now, the real MS was the one who went into a life of crime, drug dealing, beat his girlfriend, wanted her to strip to feed his habits, gangsta rapper wannabe, escalating to theft and murder planning and execution participation. I do not expect remorse for the innocent victims, or the role he played in the planning and execution of murdering an innocent person.

MS words... Gone, gone, gone... didn't seem to phase him at all then and for that reason, I feel his heart is made of stone.

My expectations are some remorse for the fact that he is facing 25 years, selfish focus poor me, protest innocence.
It will be another tough day for SB and the Bosma army and I hope they stay strong through this final chapter of the trial.

And this in itself may be the basis of MS's defence. DM texted CN that it could be a couple hours- or an all nighter, so when she was texting him later on he was just filling her in on his need to sleep. For some reason, MS didn't tell MM that he wasn't coming home at all, leaving her to making early morning phone calls to AM frantically trying to find out where MS was. It would have been pretty easy for MS to tell MM that he was just going to be with DM all night- but he didn't.

IMHO, TD may try to point out to the Jury that the MS had no idea what DM was up to aside for stealing the truck and the owner was suppose to be alive and duct taped in Brantford. Both DM and MS got into the truck with TB. If MS's job was to immobilize TB and then get into the Yukon thinking they were going to drop a gagged and bound TB off at the Bobcat dealership and DM shot TB on the way because maybe TB had worked his self loose, then perhaps the defence is that not only did MS have no idea that DM was going to shoot the guy and spend the night incinerating him, MS did in fact feel he f-up by not restraining TB well enough, giving DM no option but to shoot an innocent man. MOO

I bet DM and his D team have had a long 48 hours. MOO

Good point !!!!! .... MM was uber concerned when MS was away so long ..... I love it when people pick up on those subtle clues .... you earn your name honestly Mizz Holmes !!!!! .

Good point !!!!! .... MM was uber concerned when MS was away so long ..... I love it when people pick up on those subtle clues .... you earn your name honestly Mizz Holmes !!!!! .
To his defense MS didn't drive or have a vehicle that night. So he couldn't leave without DM and he was there against his will. If you catch my drift

If they were pulled over while driving TB's truck, it would be very difficult to talk their way out of it... why do you have a truck registered to a missing person? Remember, the phone records were asked for a mere couple of hours after TB was missing....and his licence plate was known and shown on the "missing" posters...

That would be a long term plan. But in the immediate hours after the crime, they most likely not worried. No one knew it was a murder for several days. It was only a trip to the farm, and back to the hanger.

They should be more worried that they would pull over any Black Dodge 3500 if it was a priority. If they were pulled over for some other reason, they would have much more to worry about with Mr. Bosma just being killed in the passenger seat.

I think sometimes we need to step back in time and ask ourselves what was known and what effort to find TB was being used at that time.

What time was it before Sharlene and Wayne contacted LE?
Did LE escalate this in the first few hours?

DM didn't have any problem having his partner involved without a drivers license.

MOO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Bosma court starting early for legal arguments. Then Smich will launch a defence. 6pm story @CHCHNews, & tweeting all the jury hears

IF MS takes the stand, I am not getting any hopes up for MS spilling guts, or truth. The guy was a bad apple, and although he may be in less of a drug induced haze now, the real MS was the one who went into a life of crime, drug dealing, beat his girlfriend, wanted her to strip to feed his habits, gangsta rapper wannabe, escalating to theft and murder planning and execution participation. I do not expect remorse for the innocent victims, or the role he played in the planning and execution of murdering an innocent person.

MS words... Gone, gone, gone... didn't seem to phase him at all then and for that reason, I feel his heart is made of stone.

My expectations are some remorse for the fact that he is facing 25 years, selfish focus poor me, protest innocence.
It will be another tough day for SB and the Bosma army and I hope they stay strong through this final chapter of the trial.

I'm hoping Dungey had some positive influence on MS and MS has decided to come clean with the truth. We'll see I guess.

I am not familiar with the area, and have a question.
Which destination were they headed to when they pulled over at the Bobcat dealership? Why did they make a 180?
From the dealership, which way to the farm? Which way to the hanger?
Thinking that if they were not headed to one of DM's hideouts, that TB was still alive. Once he was no loner a factor, they headed for the farm.
Just seems strange that they would pull over for over 10 minutes and pull a 180. Not that it would change anything since we have heard all crown evidence.
Thoughts?

Bobcat is on west side of Oak Park. So in the video, they were travelling SOUTH on Oak Park initially.
Travelling south on Oak Park, beyond the Bobcat dealer, there are some gravel pits, industrial areas, then after crossing 403, ultimately, Oak Park ends with a parking lot and the Blue Circle hiking trail.
Generally, there is a lot of scrubby wasteland where someone would not expect other people at 10pm on a weeknight.
The 180 turnaround then had them travelling NORTH on Oak Park, which would be towards Paris Rd and ultimately the Roseville Farm.

It does make sense that something changed drastically in their plans around this time.

Back at the courthouse today, where Mark Smich's lawyers will begin his defence. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:13 AM

The man courtroom is very full this morning, with lots of people not getting in and sent to the overflow courtroom.
by Adam Carter 9:40 AM

There's lots of extra security in here this morning as well.
by Adam Carter 9:42 AM

Why do you say that? What advantage would that provide?

They did a lot of driving, especially the portion after they picked up the incinerator. After Bosmas phone rings and is unanswered, you have to wonder if the police have been called. Takes about a minute to change plates and we know Millard had access to a set of plates already registered to a RAM. I know if I was doing in a stolen truck with a dead guy in it, I'd fee much better if it had different plates.

To his defense MS didn't drive or have a vehicle that night. So he couldn't leave without DM and he was there against his will. If you catch my drift

MS didn't have a valid drivers licence but he did know how to drive a vehicle. Not having a licence would not stop him from driving IMO. He clearly did not have a problem bending the rules. We don't know who drove the Yukon that night and who drove the Ram. If for some reason the plan went from theft to murder, I don't buy that if MS was driving by himself in the Yukon that he couldn't have left, found help, gone to a police station. It would be hard to prove that he had no way out. He could have left the Yukon and taken off on foot.

Media more interested in Ghomeshi AGAIN. This also happened on Feb 1, the day of the beginning of trial.

Bobcat is on west side of Oak Park. So in the video, they were travelling SOUTH on Oak Park initially.
Travelling south on Oak Park, beyond the Bobcat dealer, there are some gravel pits, industrial areas, then after crossing 403, ultimately, Oak Park ends with a parking lot and the SC Johnson hiking trail.
The 180 turnaround then had them travelling NORTH on Oak Park, which would be towards Paris Rd and ultimately the Roseville Farm.

It does make sense that something changed drastically in their plans around this time.

Didn't at some point people believe TB may have been dumped in the grand river? Is that close to here?

I disagree with you. SB's story, plus the fact that Millard and Smich showed up without a vehicle would be a strong indication that there had beed a third person. Until the witness came forward to state the Yukon was parked in the vacant lot, why would LE believe anything else?

I don't think the available evidence supports that LE was committed to additional suspects until the video of the second vehicle was turned up. In the May 8 and May 10 press conferences absolutely no emphasis is put on the idea of any suspects beyond the two seen at the test drives. When the question of a third party dropping somebody off was put directly to Kavanaugh on May 8 he effectively downplayed it "I don't know where you're getting that information...it's possible...etc". By the May 14th press conference video had been recovered of the second vehicle and they were now explicitly looking for additional suspects. You can hear that here, just before 5:00:

[video=youtube;fk1Zkrxs348]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1Zkrxs348[/video]

MS didn't have a valid drivers licence but he did know how to drive a vehicle. Not having a licence would not stop him from driving IMO. He clearly did not have a problem bending the rules. We don't know who drove the Yukon that night and who drove the Ram. If for some reason the plan went from theft to murder, I don't buy that if MS was driving by himself in the Yukon that he couldn't have left, found help, gone to a police station. It would be hard to prove that he had no way out. He could have left the Yukon and taken off on foot.
..... To avoid confusion deleted comments

Not sure if you've been near Roseville Rd. Once he's at the hanger there's no where to go on foot.

Roseville rd is the location of the farm. The hanger is located just off fountain street. It very close to Hwy 7

Didn't at some point people believe TB may have been dumped in the grand river? Is that close to here?
Just past the Bobcat dealer, next intersection is Powerline Rd which dead ends at the Grand River valley. Hiking trails etc.
All told around 1 mile from where Tim's phone was found (Kemira)

The phone being found at Kemira would have made the Grand River a search location

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
The man courtroom is very full this morning, with lots of people not getting in and sent to the overflow courtroom. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Back in court. Mark Smich to mount his defence today as the Tim #Bosma murder trial continues.

Big Q--will he take the stand?

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 2m2 minutes ago
There's added -- very audible -- buzz around #HamOnt court today, anticipation that #Bosma's accused killer Mark Smich will take the stand.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
There's lots of extra security in here this morning as well. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 7m7 minutes ago
Good morning! #Bosma trial about to start. Judge and Jury en-route. The defence's case for #MarkSmich is about to begin. @CTVNews

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Courtroom packed at the #TimBosma murder trial in anticipation of possible testimony from accused killer Mark Smich. Waiting for jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE