Bosma Murder Trial 05.25.16 - Day 55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually do believe it possible that MS didn't ask for the toolbox knowing it had the murder weapon inside of it. Why would he have wanted DM's gun on him when he thought police may be coming for him next?

I believe MS had his own murder weapon to deal with and didn't want DM's as well. Perhaps once MS received the gun from DM via MH and AM, and MS knew that DM was in custody, MS worried that it was a signal that DM would try to pin the murder on MS. MS's concern about being blamed for everything by DM could indeed induce paranoia in MS. They acted together to murder TB but both later tried to say the other was solely responsible. That's how criminals behave - they can't be trusted to hold up their end of the bargain when the heat is on.

I also believe the Crown's story about how quickly the murder took place in the field. DM would have taken the risk to leave the Yukon unattended with the dog left inside, windows rolled down for air, but only for a short amount of time. I also believe MS and/or DM scoped out TB's area by mapping it ahead online, or physically driving in the area to find the perfect spot not only to park but to murder TB.

All MOO.

bbm - speculating, maybe some deal with Big Iisho, for instance DM had been asking him for a discount on the gun, maybe it was a pay-per-use deal and MS was to get it back to BI, thus the phone call.

as for scoping it out, would be easy making his way back from Waterloo via Brantford to 403 or Cambridge via hwy 8 enroute to Oakville & Etobicoke, but I think it could be why they were so late. Just scoped out a spot when they got there as MS suggested. I just don't know they are bright enough to be google mapping it, and LE might have had a record if they had. MOO

I haven't seen this idea posted yet. Could MS have used tape to restrain Tim? Then got out of the RAM before the shot was fired?

BBM - Now comes the hardest part for trial watchers and most importantly the Bosmas. Verdict watch! :scared: My thoughts go out to the jury too. This is not going to be easy for them.

Maybe not easy emotionally, but the amount of evidence, IMO makes it easy. It's practically like a movie how the security cameras followed their every move. That amazes me.

I don't think it was a good move for TD to mention how MS is exhausted after 9 days on the stand and that MS has trouble sleeping at Barton Street jail. The first thing that came into my head is that MS can't sleep because he has a guilty conscience, and my next thought was how trivial a thing to mention in front of the victim's family who by comparison are rightfully exhausted and likely don't sleep well ever since TB's murder. And lastly it was an odd way to introduce TD's last questions of MS which came across to me as an obligatory attempt by TD to reduce MS's 9 days of testimony into a few salient points.

All MOO.

Well TD is the only person on MS's side, so he was merely being nice to his client IMO.

A week? Seriously? I can see giving the lawyers a few days to prepare but there's no reason they need a week. They should have been made to be ready for Monday morning.

Everything has to be done on point lest someone declare a mistrial or other problem due to technicalities. IMO. And, for some lawyers and judges, this isn't their only case.

Only if MS had just gotten out of the RAM because none of TB's blood or the gunshot residue was found in the Yukon.
Maybe DM did shoot TB when he and TB were still in the RAM in that field and MS had just gotten into the Yukon.

To clarify it is a possibility that DM and MS were in TB's truck when TB was murdered shortly after they left Bosma's driveway. I think it is possible they both participated in the murder. Then picked up the Yukon and carried on. Too many gaps in everyone's story. My understanding is it doesn't matter who pulled the trigger if there was a plan and I really feel it has been established that there was via the texts and testimony.

I'm no dog whisperer but I tend to think that if the dog was in the Yukon with the windows rolled down while a gunshot (or shots) happened, it would freak out drawing unwanted attention ... MOO

Yes, wild and random dog barking and whimpering might be noticed. My dog is terrified of fireworks noise. But she doesn't bark so much then, just goes to hide. But when I leave her in the car while shopping or something, when she sees me return, she will start barking.

Only if MS had just gotten out of the RAM because none of TB's blood or the gunshot residue was found in the Yukon.
Maybe DM did shoot TB when he and TB were still in the RAM in that field and MS had just gotten into the Yukon.

Changes of clothes could account for MS not transferring any blood. He changed before he got into the yukon maybe.

I think DM's lawyer had a closer scenario. They headed north on Trinity towards the highway. Tim was shot. They came back south to the field. Then headed back north again. I have no idea why the neighbour said they headed west.

9:05 north
9:15 south
9:30 north

Maybe that's when DM did his U-turn - when he got to the end of Book Road and realized he went the wrong way. More space at Book & Ferguson for doing that IMO.

They both tried to pin it on the other. Not sure trying to defend yourself against another rat really applies. If MS had talked to the cops or gave up others... Then sure...he gets labelled a rat.

Yes when you put it that way they really both are rats. So they will not have a good time of it. Rats do not do well in prison from what I have read.

Very rarely does a defendant get on the stand ... period ... just the fact that he got up there and put himself through 9 days of cross speaks volumes to me

Volumes of what? Could you expand? I don't get what you mean.

That could very well be that the dog was barking and upset but wherever one believes TB was shot and killed, obviously no one heard or reported the gun shot(s) or the dog howling. People are distracted by noises in their own homes and cars and there may not have been a soul around within earshot at the time TB was killed. If a commotion was heard, perhaps people just ignored it after the moment passed. That happens all the time IMO.

I am as you know convinced by the Crown's theory, but I respect those who don't accept it. Bottom line for me is that I believe that MS was involved in the planning and the execution of a truck theft that resulted in TB's murder and incineration. I think the Crown made a very solid case to support that belief. Whatever MS had to say in his own defence did not convince me otherwise. Remember, I was for a very long time hoping to be convinced that MS was not guilty so I understand how others want to believe him, but after all the evidence I don't believe MS's story anymore.

All MOO.

bbm - not ignored at all "The marine unit was called in Thursday to search a pond in an area off Book Rd. The search stemmed from a tip from a neighbour who heard noises around the time of the disappearance." https://www.thestar.com/news/ontari...is_return_after_test_drive_disappearance.html

If this neighbour was other than Bullman, not sure why he or she wasn't on the stand.

Was thinking about this one. Everyone is wondering why Dungey mentioned MS being tired. As I read on to other posts, it's been stated that MS is taking up residence at Barton? DM is also at Barton. Wonder if this was more of a point out that "MS is still afraid of DM" and that is why he isn't sleeping as well to justify his "stumbles". Just a guess.

bbm

Now I'm understanding this Barton jail "not exactly suitable." Yesterday I wondered about D's wording. :)

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11 Std.
"You're at Barton jail? How are you sleeping?" Smich isn't sleeping well. Dungey is saying conditions at Barton jail "not exactly suitable."

I have read a few posts stating this ... Perhaps not in those exact words, but, along the lines of ... "I have reasonable doubt about MS's guilt because it hasn't been proven that he was in the truck". Just paraphrasing, but I have read versions of this many times over the past months. I am trying to understand this reasoning, because it certainly isn't a legal requirement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree seeing as the legal requirements for first degree have been posted on here a number of times. I feel as though maybe some have skipped those posts. They are very clear IMO about what constitutes 1st degree and I feel both accused fall within the legal parameters.

Turning into the field IMO would have triggered TB or anyone for that matter given the circumstances to the point where it would not be a stretch to think "fight or flight" would take over for TB. I doubt DM or MS would want to complicate things in that manner and would be trying not to avoid this at any cost. I think the element of surprise and deception is what DM and MS were all about in the rest of their missions. I think it may be very likely TB did not see it coming and it happened very quickly after the two of them picked him up and they drove to the Yukon and carried on from there.

bbm - except, perhaps, if DM had said, "How does it handle on dirt roads?" or "I own a farm, how does it handle in the field?" and then decides to try it out in the field. Although, sketchy, IMO to be doing that in the pitch of dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968