Bosma Murder Trial 05.25.16 - Day 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of questions if people don't mind--I've been slammed at work all week and can't keep up.

1) Did the Crown ask about the infamous sausage/furniture texts?

2) Was any time/place/personnel ever clarified for the clean-out of the eliminator?

3) Going to assume "hosegate" never came up again?

CJPrincess, if you're here, one of your posts earlier mentions something about the blood in the "box" of the truck, I assume you mean the luminol results in the bed of the truck? Did that get explained or theorized?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the luminol evidence pictures and no, was not clarified but was suggested by Fraser that TB was "repositioned".

And no to all three of your questions.

ETA: for some reason I think the hose and Incinerator clean out will come out in CN'S trial.

There is probably tiny bits and pieces of truth to MS's story. There is just way too much evidence he says is wrong 7-8 people.

I wonder if MS was the lookout in at the entrance of the field while DM shot TB and then MS went back to the Yukon. From testimony we heard that they sped off from the field and missed turning onto the correct road. This to me suggests a bit of panic to get out of the area ASAP. Trinity rd is not much more than a stone throw from the lane way.

Also it's hard to believe the story about changing plates with a dime. A 6 yr old vehicle would require some muscle to get a plate off with a screw driver.

Lots of things don't add up. There is no way he goes to brantford alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome cross by Craig Fraser!!

A few comments on gunshot sounds... (this is based on a lot of personal shooting experience)
There are 3 primary components to a gunshot sound.
(1) The detonation of the powder in the cartridge
(2) The report from the barrel as the bullet exits
(3) The sonic wave produced from the bullet travelling through air.

Of the sounds, (1) is not very significant, similiar to a cap gun (2) is significant decibel level, but of very short duration - mostly a "pop" (3) is significant decibel level and the longest duration sound -

Sound (3) is the sound that "carries" the furthest.Why? The distance from the muzzle to the target has a significant bearing on the overall decibel level. When a bullet travels faster than the speed of sound, a sonic wave is produced.
This sound (3), from the sonic wave, is the sound that draws attention from a distance. This is the "ptttttcheeew" sound that most people hear from a firing range. Combine (2) and (3) and you have a classic typical gunshot sound.

A silencer only mitigates (1) and (2). For this reason, a silencer is primarily effective only when shooting short distance to targets.

I have shot center fire handguns at close range targets, and if the target is less than 1 foot, the sound is not particularly bothersome beyond a short distance. And a handgun isn't that loud while being within a confined space such as a garage.

For example, were I to shoot a .38 handgun in my country yard at a 1 foot distance, I doubt my closest neighbors ~300 yds away, inside their homes would pay much attention. If they were in their yard, they would hear it clearly. I would not expect anyone more than 500yds away to even know it was a gunshot. But, were I to instead shoot at a 300 yd target, people would hear the sound from easily 2 miles away.

My second point - the first shot, even if high decibel level at a target, is very difficult to pinpoint location of sound source. Only a 2nd or 3rd shot allows the human brain to diagnose direction.

How this applies to the TB murder trial - a handgun fired 8-12" away from a target, in a confined truck cab, would not be as loud as many might think, inside the cab even. If the windows were up, it would not be significant to anyone more than 100 yds away.

I don't see a handgun fired near Book and Trinity road, within the confines of a truck cab, drawing much attention from neighbours. My opinion only...

Any guesses on how long the deliberations will take?

My guess is less than a day.

I am guessing about 4 days or a bit more, because they have 4 months' worth of evidence to consider in conjunction with the Judge's jury instructions. It is certainly a heavy burden, and I would think/hope that they will be thoroughly dedicated to giving it their all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome cross by Craig Fraser!!

A few comments on gunshot sounds... (this is based on a lot of personal shooting experience)
There are 3 primary components to a gunshot sound.
(1) The detonation of the powder in the cartridge
(2) The report from the barrel as the bullet exits
(3) The sonic wave produced from the bullet travelling through air.

Of the sounds, (1) is not very significant, similiar to a cap gun (2) is significant decibel level, but of very short duration - mostly a "pop" (3) is significant decibel level and the longest duration sound -

Sound (3) is the sound that "carries" the furthest.Why? The distance from the muzzle to the target has a significant bearing on the overall decibel level. When a bullet travels faster than the speed of sound, a sonic wave is produced.
This sound (3), from the sonic wave, is the sound that draws attention from a distance. This is the "ptttttcheeew" sound that most people hear from a firing range. Combine (2) and (3) and you have a classic typical gunshot sound.

A silencer only mitigates (1) and (2). For this reason, a silencer is primarily effective only when shooting short distance to targets.

I have shot center fire handguns at close range targets, and if the target is less than 1 foot, the sound is not particularly bothersome beyond a short distance. And a handgun isn't that loud while being within a confined space such as a garage.

For example, were I to shoot a .38 handgun in my country yard at a 1 foot distance, I doubt my closest neighbors ~300 yds away, inside their homes would pay much attention. If they were in their yard, they would hear it clearly. I would not expect anyone more than 500yds away to even know it was a gunshot. But, were I to instead shoot at a 300 yd target, people would hear the sound from easily 2 miles away.

My second point - the first shot, even if high decibel level at a target, is very difficult to pinpoint location of sound source. Only a 2nd or 3rd shot allows the human brain to diagnose direction.

How this applies to the TB murder trial - a handgun fired 8-12" away from a target, in a confined truck cab, would not be as loud as many might think, inside the cab even. If the windows were up, it would not be significant to anyone more than 100 yds away.

I don't see a handgun fired near Book and Trinity road, within the confines of a truck cab, drawing much attention from neighbours. My opinion only...

What an interesting read! Thank you for explaining all of this.

What do you mean?
[video=twitter;735621383519141889]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/735621383519141889[/video]

Mystery of MB not being in court has been solved.

I think if evidence he was killed in that field existed, it would have been presented. TBH I think the crown came up with what they thought was most likely the series of events, then presented it during their cross of MS in the hopes that it would catch him off guard, causing the jury to believe that it exactly what happened. I'm not sure it worked though

I think the crown described the second most likely in the hopes that MS would correct them. Unfortunately, his council prepared him well and he didn't bite. At least they got him to give up Squishy!

MS seems to be reluctant to discuss MWJ. I wonder why?

"Unfortunately for Ward-Jackson, despite the discharge from Justice Di Zio, he’s still in the new and newly notorious Toronto South super jail due to another set of charges he faces, allegedly selling guns to Dellen Millard."

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/matthew-ward-jackson

MOO

I'm frankly surprised MWJ wasn't subpoenaed. His name came up a number of times.

I agree with the thought that the gun likely found its way back to him.

What do you mean?

The tweet from Susan Clairmont said that MB was under subpoena as a potential witness, therefore she wasn't allowed in the courtroom. Now that all the evidence has been presented and she wasn't called as a witness, MB is allowed to come into the courtroom if she wishes.

There must be some evidence that the Crown was unable to put forth that tells them unequivocally that Tim was killed in that field.

I know the area quite well (drive past the field at least once a week) and have a really hard time believing that this was where it happened. It is so close to the Bosma home and it means that it happened so incredibly fast.

The Crown appears adamant that this is where it happened. I think we're missing something.

I suspect they believe this based on TB's phone activity, or rather, the lack of it, compared to when DM and MS phones both went off (9:20 and 9:23). It was mentioned today by Fraser that there was zero activity on Tim's phone after 9:05. No calls or texts to SB, etc.

The Crown didn't actually say it, but I think what they're saying is, since there was zero activity on Tim's phone in the 15 minutes between leaving his driveway and the time the accused's phones went off (just at the Super Sucker) their first stop (the laneway at Bullman's father's property) is where the fatal shot was fired. Anyway, that's the impression I got based on what was tweeted.

Although for those of us in Ontario farm country know, it's not unusual to hear gunshots. Not often but happens and does not raise attention.

Not only that, we hear them so often we probably don't even notice it half the time.

Huge points for me today that lead me to believe Smich knew more than he let on, him contacting Isho the gun guy right in the middle of hiding/cleaning evidence. And the texts from Smich where's he's basically checking to see if DM got the truck and toolbox where they needed to go. He was nervous, worried about getting caught and was double checking to make sure DM was covering their tracks. Also, most of the contact after the murder was Smich reaching out to DM. That speaks volumes to me.

His name has come up a few times in the Ontario courts dockets with him filing against the Queen. I think I've read somewhere that he was complaining about his food while in jail and was taking his case to court over it. It was around the time when he was late getting to court and court was delayed a bit.

Interesting Thanks!

You think 8 days of being questioned and grilled on the stand was his idea of "fun"?

They made a bad call IMO.

MOO

Maybe MS's last ditch effort to convince his family he is innocent, and last ditch effort to save his butt. I think it's more fun than being locked up in a tiny cell all day. IMO.

The only issue I have with this suggestion, is the field not close enough to the Bosma home that a gun shot would have been heard by SB or WDB?

I agree. There was a neighbour who reported noises from the field but that neighbour wasn't put on the stand either. (unless said neighbour was Bullman).

"The marine unit was called in Thursday to search a pond in an area off Book Rd. The search stemmed from a tip from a neighbour who heard noises around the time of the disappearance."

https://www.thestar.com/news/ontari...is_return_after_test_drive_disappearance.html

Agreed, IIRC the only thing they have mentioned finding was a lighter.

I'm of the camp that thinks if MS was in fact in the Ram when TB was shot, there would have been, in the least, a trace of GSR or blood in the Yukon.

A couple days ago ABro commented on why there wouldn't be GSR and blood in the Yukon. For one, I believe she said there were minor blood spatters in the rear seat, so the rear passenger may not have become bloodied. As for the GSR, you might want to look back to find her post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo