Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For those interested, some info on the trailer park associated with the address.

The trailer park seems to be quite quirky (so is town!)

I found an interesting website listing current and past residents of the mailing address. It also lists other properties associated with past residents.

Interesting

JMO

I'd caution relying on "fastpeoplesearch" for accurate info -- especially given the same identifies BM's current address as the Cicero, IN family residence that was sold in 2017 when they moved to Colorado.

In other words, the general internet disclaimer or "grains of salt"... JMO

For those interested, some info on the trailer park associated with the address.

The trailer park seems to be quite quirky (so is town!)
Barry lives in a trailer in AZ and frequents a biker bar? Is this the future he wanted while killing Suzanne??

He wasn't willing to divorce Suzanne and share assets equitably. But blow it all on his defense, he doubled down. Easy come, easy go.

Priorities, I guess.

JMO
He didn’t think far ahead. He didn’t think period. I’m sure he never planned on needing a lawyer. After all, it was so obvious a mountain took her.

Barry lives in a trailer in AZ and frequents a biker bar? Is this the future he wanted while killing Suzanne??
Just for a little bit about the area for those who may be interested...

In many ways, Cave Creek (and Carefree, which it kind of blurs boundary lines with in many ways) is quite a sleepy little place.

We have a lot of great hiking (several regional parks - more than one that's featured in other missing person cases on here, actually) but other than that it's local restaurants and a few local dining chains (other than the DQ and Circle K, everything else is local) and the biker bars and that's basically all there is to the heart of that part of town where BM's address is.

Especially from about October-late April, people flock to the the biker bars from surrounding areas, particularly on weekends.

When WestWorld (Scottsdale) has their big bike week thing each spring (it's one of the largest biker rallies held in the US after Sturgis and Daytona apparently) Cave Creek is truly inundated because it's renowned for the biker bars.

A pic from Cave Creek bike week this past year.

437755168_804826898332365_1739486355343799791_n.jpg

See more here (CC Bike Week is hosted by The Hideaway & The Roadhouse - two of the main biker bars).

The Hideaway, Roadhouse, Harold's Corral, Horny Toad, etc. are definitely where people who come to Cave Creek tend to head.

All of them are walking distance from BM's address. I mean, just about everything in the heart of CC is walking distance really, but...I have exactly zero surprise with him having some ties to the address over there that he's frequenting them.

To me, that scene has zero appeal, but for someone like BM, with the friend(s) he has here who are very much part of those circles, honestly, it's the perfect place to be.

He can be in a massive crowd of people who hop back and forth between the various establishments, and back and forth across Cave Creek Rd, and he can pretty much be anonymous. It's loud, it's pretty dark, there's a sea of people from sundown on, and we're far enough away from Suzanne's death and CO distance/time wise that unfortunately far too few people would ever really be any the wiser that he's the no good he is.

In many ways, Cave Creek (and Carefree, which it kind of blurs boundary lines with in many ways) is quite a sleepy little place.

We have a lot of great hiking (several regional parks - more than one that's featured in other missing person cases on here, actually) but other than that it's local restaurants and a few local dining chains (other than the DQ and Circle K, everything else is local) and the biker bars and that's basically all there is to the heart of that part of town where BM's address is.

Especially from about October-late April, people flock to the the biker bars from surrounding areas, particularly on weekends.

When WestWorld (Scottsdale) has their big bike week thing each spring (it's one of the largest biker rallies held in the US after Sturgis and Daytona apparently) Cave Creek is truly inundated because it's renowned for the biker bars.

See more here (CC Bike Week is hosted by The Hideaway & The Roadhouse - two of the main biker bars).

The Hideaway, Roadhouse, Harold's Corral, Horny Toad, etc. are definitely where people who come to Cave Creek tend to head.

All of them are walking distance from BM's address. I mean, just about everything in the heart of CC is walking distance really, but...I have exactly zero surprise with him having some ties to the address over there that he's frequenting them.

To me, that scene has zero appeal, but for someone like BM, with the friend(s) he has here who are very much part of those circles, honestly, it's the perfect place to be.

He can be in a massive crowd of people who hop back and forth between the various establishments, and back and forth across Cave Creek Rd, and he can pretty much be anonymous. It's loud, it's pretty dark, there's a sea of people from sundown on, and we're far enough away from Suzanne's death and CO distance/time wise that unfortunately far too few people would ever really be any the wiser that he's the no good he is.
I appreciate your local insight, thanks for sharing.

So how do you think Bury found this remote location and why was it a desirable to him?? It sounds like it is well off the beaten trail. I tend to associate him in a high end Ford 350 and a million dollar home.

From some research about the address, it seems he is living well below his normal millionaire standard of living.

Hmmmm.....

JMO

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing as a local of the area. Even before BM disappeared SM, we've long known AZ was on his radar.

Also, I've long believed BM is a 'have Bobcat, will travel' kind of guy (and an above average operator), do you know if there are any projects around the area where BM could be keeping busy -- further assimilating into the community? Thanks again for joining this case. :cool:

I appreciate your local insight, thanks for sharing.

So how do you think Bury found this remote location and why was it a desirable to him?? It sounds like it is well off the beaten trial. I tend to associate him in a high end Ford 350 and a million dollar home.

The part of the heart of Cave Creek/Carefree that BM is tied to is at the north end of Scottsdale Rd (which, many miles south, runs into the heart of the especially $$$ part of Scottsdale itself)

Much of the area up here is quite $$, so it's an interesting place that he's landed himself in this little trailer park in what's by and large an otherwise much more spendy area.

People, celebrities included, do definitely come up here to get away. I could name a bunch, but the one I recall most recently is country singer Miranda Lambert who was even over at Harold's Corral (she's apparently here quite often)

My guess is he had been here previously and knew it was somewhere it'd be pretty easy to be anonymous and people weren't likely to ask a lot of question.

Use another name and live a life that doesn't look like your old one (random trailer park vs the CO house) and people who might think he looks vaguely familiar probably are inclined to talk themselves out of it for the most part.

We also have a lot of snow birds and so people come and go for months at a time.

That gives him a real opportunity to up and leave if/when people started questioning/snooping around/seeming suspicious and he could just use the 'going back to my other house in ____' (whatever story) and it's a perfectly legit thing here that no one would think twice about. Then you come back when things die down or those people have moved on because they're just here for bike week or they are actual snowbirds themselves.

Thanks for sharing as a local of the area. Even before BM disappeared SM, we've long known AZ was on his radar.

Also, I've long believed BM is a 'have Bobcat, will travel' kind of guy (and an above average operator), do you know if there are any projects around the area where BM could be keeping busy -- further assimilating into the community? Thanks again for joining this case. :cool:

Oh gosh, he could absolutely be working here. Heck, he could have more work than he knows what to do with here!

There is SO much building/growth happening in Arizona in general, but especially not far from here. Not to say that there isn't here in CC itself, but just for one small (ha) glimpse...there's the massive like $25 billion dollar TSMC semi-conductor plant just down Carefree Hwy about 12 miles away.

There are thousands of people who have come to town to work on that - or in many of the building sites in the area around it (the amount of housing going up to house all the people who will be working at this massive plant, just for one) and there are RVs and tents (yes, even in our 110+ weather) all along the State Trust Land along Carefree Hwy of people who have temporarily moved here for a few years to take jobs here.

And there is tons of growth even here in the area surrounding the toswn of Cave Creek/Carefree where he could use his actual skills and be picking up work.

There are some funny little "city islands" where people don't necessarily have to deal with all the permits that those of us who fall under town land proper do, and our community Facebook group is full of people both looking for people to do work and people offering to do work of all sorts and many doing it more under the table. I'd not be surprised at all if he has found a way to work with someone on the side where he may not be having to use his legal name.

And given at least one of the people I know he's been seen with a fair bit, I suspect he's got the advantage of someone well known in town "vouching" for him (which would be helpful if BM's trying to largely live without his true ID being known).

Hasn't it been said he carries his Bobcat like a Purse?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back