Bosma Murder Trial 06.1.16 - Day 57 - Closing Arguments Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would that work? He can only be acquitted or found guilty of first degree, 2nd degree or manslaughter for this trial. If they acquit him, would they need to charge him with AATF?

According to Alex Pierson, AATF was not an option for this trial.

MOO

Hm.... I thought it's possible. What I meant to say is that, IMO, there is a 25% chance that the jury will find that he really didn't expect the murder to happen. I don't know what would happen in that case.

Question. Sorry, folks, but I know nothing about GPSs. Are some of them hidden away? Why would it be necessary to go on a test drive to actually see if a vehicle had GPS? Couldn't one just look through the windows of a parked vehicle to see if one was mounted in the car? Would it be a common question to ask a seller over the phone before arranging a test drive? And if a GPS can be hidden, how would a test drive confirm whether there was one or not?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wanted to respond, further to IN's explanation because I read your question differently. I read your question as understanding gps to mean on board gps navigation but the concern was over a gps tracking device as IN pointed out. It could be hidden or obvious, like OnStar, or in bedded security, like the keys. My car has this on the windows (maybe it's a meaningless deterrent. Ps. Hope the attachment comes through)

Good question. Most after market tracking systems are hidden for obvious reasons. This is what one 2009 Dodge RAM owner said about his factory anti-theft system.

"i have a 2009 Ram & the factory Alarm sucks a big oneTrue it keeps a normal thief from starting the vehicle without getting a hold of the Key Device first & it does sound off if a door is opened when the alarm is set
That is about all it does

a smart crook could drill a hole up through the inner fender & into the battery, shorting it out, & do anything they want, strip it, tow it, etc"

Which brings me to the question about stealing the vehicle without the key. I would sure be interested in knowing what SS supposedly taught DM about "hot wiring" vehicles with chip keys? This little piece of info would help prove exactly what they were up to when going on test drives. Without a way to start it, armed robbery would be the only option.

MOO

ETA: second try with the pic
7f5726d6f247e63fa6897f183374c1df.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I hear what you are saying brightii .... and from day one I have suspected those thoughts are from within the occult , and I believe that evil spirit runs throughout this whole escapade , and I believe it originated in Smich , and Dellen was a willing participant who could enable it.

I have put my neck on the chopping block three years ago for saying the same thing and I stand by it to this day . A lot of folks do not grasp this was deeper than a truck theft or a thrill kill.

As a person of faith--the same faith as the Bosma's--I agree about the evil. Sharlene was right about vile evil walking down her driveway. Definitely spiritual evil--Satan at the helm--driving it all IMO. There is a spiritual battle ongoing and the Bosma's friends and church are fighting it with prayer. They start every court with prayer according to an article by SC. I am sure they are praying God's will be done.

How would that work? He can only be acquitted or found guilty of first degree, 2nd degree or manslaughter for this trial. If they acquit him, would they need to charge him with AATF?

According to Alex Pierson, AATF was not an option for this trial.

MOO

Interesting!!
That explains whyTD explicitly asked the Jury for an acquittal, while acknowledging AATF would be appropriate. Makes sense that TD would say that, as he knows that AATF is not a choice for the jury.
Given MS action before and after the murder, acquittal is a very remote chance IMO.

Crown closing tomorrow will be interesting. There are a lot of missing pieces in TD closing.
Incinerator and MS involvement in prepping it... search and destroy... etc

Question. Sorry, folks, but I know nothing about GPSs. Are some of them hidden away? Why would it be necessary to go on a test drive to actually see if a vehicle had GPS? Couldn't one just look through the windows of a parked vehicle to see if one was mounted in the car? Would it be a common question to ask a seller over the phone before arranging a test drive? And if a GPS can be hidden, how would a test drive confirm whether there was one or not?

TIA

I could be wrong but I thought most vehicles with GPS had an anti theft sticker on the side windows indicating this. If the vehicle is equipped with anti theft features, why hide that fact from a potential thief? I assumed that one of MS's "tasks" was to check for this? Or, as has been said, you could just ask the owner when inquiring about features either over the phone or in person.

So for me, if they were going to be "scoping" anything, it would be the location that their target truck is stored at. Does the house have a camera? What about neighboring homes/businesses? How many adults live there and would everyone be sleeping at the same time? What are their habits? How about the neighbours and their habits? Where do they keep the truck? Is it left in the open or stored in a garage? Where do they keep the keys? Rather than calling on the way down the driveway, you'd be wiser to knock on the door and perhaps see where the owner grabs the keys from.

There are lots of ways to scope to steal a vehicle. Doesn't sound like either of these two criminals were interested in any of them. They had a different plan altogether that did not require stealing just a vehicle from a quiet rural home.

MOO

Dungey said Millard was a rapper too. He may have had a way with words, but he was more like a bizarro Shakespeare who wrote a few cringey rhymes to Noudga. Does anyone else find the idea of Millard rapping absolutely ridiculous?

Aw, do you have to insult Shakespeare. :(

While the courtroom was pretty much full, I have seen it more full with overflow. Not huge lines like for CN or something when I heard of some people allegedly fighting over spots in line, etc. (Yikes!)
A lot of the same people that manage to go every day somehow ( I can't pull that off haha)

I've always wanted to ask...what colour are Alex Pierson's earplugs?

Sorry if this has been posted already, but Molly Hayes has written an article about the Bosma trial for this month's Walrus magazine. The Vilest Form of Evil ...

http://thewalrus.ca/the-vilest-form-of-evil/

"It has been more than three years since Tim Bosma left his home—taken by strangers who’d come to test drive the pickup truck he was selling online—and was killed. Over a truck. Sharlene Bosma has realized she has now been without him longer than she was married to him."

Millard's tattoos, "I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget", are lyrics from a song. Seems like he should have tattooed Smich's so-called innocent lyrics instead, "My .380 iz no stranger, when I'm angered you're in danger."

God cast Satan out of heaven as a fallen angel. Maybe that's what he means without realizing it. IMO

As a person of faith--the same faith as the Bosma's--I agree about the evil. Sharlene was right about vile evil walking down her driveway. Definitely spiritual evil--Satan at the helm--driving it all IMO. There is a spiritual battle ongoing and the Bosma's friends and church are fighting it with prayer. They start every court with prayer according to an article by SC. I am sure they are praying God's will be done.
Thankyou for sharing. The Bosma s are great ambassadors of Christian faith. SB words echo in my head "evil walked up my driveway and smiled at me." Prayers for that family daily for three years plus.

Many in Ontario are praying the exact same way. Whether we find testimony believable or not. Praying He gives the jurors wisdom to overlook the lies and see to the truth and make the best decision in justice for this horrific injustice done to Tim and his family.

To me nothing says MS has to be in the car if Tim was shot in the field. I know my reaction when some gets out the car my head turns and my attention goes to them. What a perfect distraction and time to pull a gun and shoot. As well being stopped could ensure your aim is more accurate.

No blood no GSR on MS.

That's kinda what I was getting at myself. I don't think he was in the truck. Maybe that's why he never broke from his story that he wasn't in the truck... even if he knew exactly what was going to happen when he got out.

Still makes him guilty if that was the plan.

Good question. Most after market tracking systems are hidden for obvious reasons. This is what one 2009 Dodge RAM owner said about his factory anti-theft system.

"i have a 2009 Ram & the factory Alarm sucks a big oneTrue it keeps a normal thief from starting the vehicle without getting a hold of the Key Device first & it does sound off if a door is opened when the alarm is set
That is about all it does

a smart crook could drill a hole up through the inner fender & into the battery, shorting it out, & do anything they want, strip it, tow it, etc"

Which brings me to the question about stealing the vehicle without the key. I would sure be interested in knowing what SS supposedly taught DM about "hot wiring" vehicles with chip keys? This little piece of info would help prove exactly what they were up to when going on test drives. Without a way to start it, armed robbery would be the only option.

MOO

Thank you. And yes, it would certainly be very interesting to know what SS taught DM about hot wiring vehicles with chip keys and help to prove why a test drive would be needed. I know that you said previously that Tim's key was a chip key so that does only leave armed robbery as an option.

I wanted to respond, further to IN's explanation because I read your question differently. I read your question as understanding gps to mean on board gps navigation but the concern was over a gps tracking device as IN pointed out. It could be hidden or obvious, like OnStar, or in bedded security, like the keys. My car has this on the windows (maybe it's a meaningless deterrent. Ps. Hope the attachment comes through)

ETA: second try with the pic
7f5726d6f247e63fa6897f183374c1df.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thank you for clearing a couple of things up for me, and for your pic. I have been confusing GPS navigation with a GPS tracking device. [emoji4]
Thank you for your help.

Isn't Smitch actually charged with breaching the order not to communicate with someone on his do not contact list? Where is the evidence of that? I'd love to see what he wrote to Marlena!

I believe Dungey cleared up that that charge was regarding his contact with Artour not Marlena.

NM, at least 83 others already answered this haha, just getti g to the thread after work lol

I was pleased to see Dungey call out SS today. Finally somebody put on the record what they thought of the lying ! All good from my vantage point!

Sorry if this has been posted already, but Molly Hayes has written an article about the Bosma trial for this month's Walrus magazine. The Vilest Form of Evil ...

http://thewalrus.ca/the-vilest-form-of-evil/

"It has been more than three years since Tim Bosma left his home—taken by strangers who’d come to test drive the pickup truck he was selling online—and was killed. Over a truck. Sharlene Bosma has realized she has now been without him longer than she was married to him."

Thanks for posting this article, MrsThreadgoode.

It's heartbreaking to read how utterly devastated both of Tim's parents are as they struggle daily to cope with his loss and their grief is complicated by the fact that Tim was murdered. It's not something many people can relate to from experience so they must feel at times like they're lost on a desolate and isolated island of sorrow. My heart goes out to them both, and to Tim's widow, Sharlene, and to Sharlene and Tim's little girl.

What an unspeakable heartache DM and MS caused for so many good people when they took Tim's life. I imagine it's a kind of pain unlike any other and even when dulled, it will never truly heal. I'm wishing Tim's loved ones the grace they need to help them face each new day with continued courage. They each deserve to be blessed by the compassion and kindness of others and I hope they are always surrounded by good people who feel empathy for them and can offer them endless support and love.

All MOO.

Thanks for posting this article, MrsThreadgoode.

It's heartbreaking to read how utterly devastated both of Tim's parents are as they struggle daily to cope with his loss and their grief is complicated by the fact that Tim was murdered. It's not something many people can relate to from experience so they must feel at times like they're lost on a desolate and isolated island of sorrow. My heart goes out to them both, and to Tim's widow, Sharlene, and to Sharlene and Tim's little girl.

What an unspeakable heartache DM and MS caused for so many good people when they took Tim's life. I imagine it's a kind of pain unlike any other and even when dulled, it will never truly heal. I'm wishing Tim's loved ones the grace they need to help them face each new day with continued courage. They each deserve to be blessed by the compassion and kindness of others and I hope they are always surrounded by good people who feel empathy for them and can offer them endless support and love.

All MOO.

Your words are so true and deeply touching ... Words in perfect order. And ones which I am certain we all feel.

I'm reading here tonight on my iPad. That's my device of choice for following this trial because I have no issues with the shockwave flash thingy that constantly bugs up and slows down my computer when I access this site.

Also, I have no idea why, but on my iPad I seem to always bypass the pay walls for the Globe & Mail and National Post unlike when I'm on my computer using my Chrome browser.

Anyway, today when I tried posting tweets I used my computer because it's easier to copy and paste from, and then noticed I didn't have to sign on as I must have never signed out since the last time I used it many weeks ago! Lol So just in case anyone's wondering, I'm not actually reading here 24/7 - and I guess if I sign out of the site from iPad I can still be logged on here from my computer unless I sign off on that too. :scared:

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member