Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the only two witnesses who have identified DM in court have been the police officers who went to meet DM at the hanger. Neither SB or her tenant was asked if the man they saw that night was in the courtroom, same with the two other truck sellers. We have not heard that anyone has picked DM out of a lineup yet, either, what I recall. The one who was both picked out of a line up by Igor and who conceded that he was present was MS. Which is, funny, when you think about it, because MS is the one who Igor said tried to stay behind him and out of his direct view, and DM was the one he was sitting with in the front seat and talking with for almost an hour.

DM couldn't be identified in a lineup because he doesn't have a record, and therefore there is no mug shot on file with LE for him.

If he did have a mug shot on file, he could have been identified.

I don't either - I think he just drove there, visited, returned to the hangar. Look at how much driving these guys did the night TB was abducted and killed - they are regular highway cruisers. It is nothing for them to drive from city to city frequently enough to support close friendships.

I don't see evidence of them cruising around aimlessly from city to city during morning rush hour.

But his phone apparently wasn't pinging anywhere that morning.

Unless there are phone records prior to the 7:34(?) am that show where his phone was. Maybe we just aren't privy to them yet.

Lets say the rear seat passenger shot the front seat passenger when the car was moving or when the car was stopped without giving notice to the driver (whoever that is at the time) of what he was about to do. How would anyone know whether or not the driver had locked the doors? The actions of the rear seat passenger would not be dependent upon the front seat passenger. The rear seat passenger has his own mind, even if he is out of it at the time IMO.

These guys were working on a plan together. They are both guilty. It's not going to matter one bit who fired the gun. Neither of them can get off of first degree charges given the evidence we've already heard that they stole TB's truck and the fact that TB is dead as a result.

Interestingly enough, I was in the area today and picked out that spot myself as I was driving by. It's heavily wooded and they could have easily tucked a vehicle in there without it being seen both from the road and from the Bosma house. There would be no view. In addition, the lane is so long that anyone on that property would not have seen the vehicle parked there in the dark unless they drove out the driveway.

This then brings me to other questions or thoughts.

DM, MS and TB head out on the test drive. They head out the driveway and turn left so they are travelling north up Trinity Road, and drive right past where the Yukon is parked (presumably). It seems to me that they would have driven back almost to TB's own driveway in his own truck, with TB deceased still in the truck, to pick up the Yukon. This could have been happening when the first seeds of concern started to unsettle SB. Just brutal.

In one of the pressors it was suggested LE believe TB was murder shortly after leaving home. I doubt they came back for the Yukon sometime later. IMO they drove to it upon leaving the Bosma's. JMO

Maybe DM was picking MS up for "work" in the morning and heading to the hanger. DM lived somewhere else too cause there's mention of a room mate so I'm guessing he lived in Etobicoke sometimes too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The witness AJ only stated that by the day when DM and SS had the heated argument and then he was fired, DM was living at the hangar. He did not indicate when this arrangement started, or if he did it was not tweeted. His girlfriend lived in Etobicoke. I'm guessing he was "living" at the hangar as of the time the truck got there. However, AJ also stated he was alone when he took the picture of the truck first thing in the morning. Where was DM then? Sleeping somewhere in the hangar? I'm sure we'll find out.

MOO

Maybe DM was picking MS up for "work" in the morning and heading to the hanger. DM lived somewhere else too cause there's mention of a room mate so I'm guessing he lived in Etobicoke sometimes too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well if he was in Etobicoke that morning, Oakville is certainly on the way to Waterloo

So far the only two witnesses who have identified DM in court have been the police officers who went to meet DM at the hanger. Neither SB or her tenant was asked if the man they saw that night was in the courtroom, same with the two other truck sellers. We have not heard that anyone has picked DM out of a lineup yet, either, what I recall. The one who was both picked out of a line up by Igor and who conceded that he was present was MS. Which is, funny, when you think about it, because MS is the one who Igor said tried to stay behind him and out of his direct view, and DM was the one he was sitting with in the front seat and talking with for almost an hour.

I found that odd that they weren't asked to identify DM, especially since the two police officers were asked to. You would think that would be a good extra point for the Crown if they did.

Not to mention, how ballsy is that to tell your roomie you've stolen a truck when half the country is on the lookout for Tim and his stolen truck?

Maybe the truck was for him to drive to the "races"?

MOO

Not to mention, how ballsy is that to tell your roomie you've stolen a truck when half the country is on the lookout for Tim and his stolen truck?

I guess we will have to wait for testimony for clarification. It is possible that DM said that he has a stolen truck in his hangar which is slightly different. I guess the room mate will clarify - or not, depending on who it is.

Lets say the rear seat passenger shot the front seat passenger when the car was moving or when the car was stopped without giving notice to the driver (whoever that is at the time) of what he was about to do. How would anyone know whether or not the driver had locked the doors? The actions of the rear seat passenger would not be dependent upon the front seat passenger. The rear seat passenger has his own mind, even if he is out of it at the time IMO.

If a third party has now either got into the truck or approached the truck from either side ( and the drivers window is either down or original driver has left the scene) and shot the passenger. How could forcible confinement be proven ? I think the forcible confinement charge is on shaky ground IMO.
Most modern vehicles the doors lock automatically, and I know for certain the Dodge ram's do

I found that odd that they weren't asked to identify DM, especially since the two police officers were asked to. You would think that would be a good extra point for the Crown if they did.

DM was identified by his thumbprint in the RAM.

DM couldn't be identified in a lineup because he doesn't have a record, and therefore there is no mug shot on file with LE for him.

If he did have a mug shot on file, he could have been identified.

When he was charged, a mug shot or even a quick cell phone picture was likely taken and then shown to the potential witnesses. Not all photo/lineups happen before the suspect is caught, many happen after the suspect had been identified to ascertain that the correct suspect is in custody and to aid the case in court.

When he was charged, a mug shot or even a quick cell phone picture was likely taken and then shown to the potential witnesses. Not all photo/lineups happen before the suspect is caught, many happen after the suspect had been identified to ascertain that the correct suspect is in custody and to aid the case in court.

Do you have a link for this? Is this the official process? Isn't showing one picture on a cell phone prejudicing the witness?

Unless there are phone records prior to the 7:34(?) am that show where his phone was. Maybe we just aren't privy to them yet.

That's possible. But as I said before, if there are records and they do show that his phone was in Oakville that morning, I can think of no logical reason why they would not have included that in the testimony comparing the locations of the two phones. For the Crown to leave that out, I would suspect that they either have no record of it for that time in the morning, or it didn't match up.

But AJ said he was living there. That would indicate he was there early in the morning if nothing else IMO... when the Bate phone was in Oakville.
IMO, AJ didn't say that DM was living there- he indicated that he had living quarters there. He also had living quarters at Maple Gate. I agree with Sillybilly- DM wasn't a 9-5 type of guy. Personally, I don't know when he slept- considering the activities on Monday- LE have him at the hangar until the early morning hours of the 7th. Then he had to strip the truck down- when AJ got there on the 8th, it was sitting nicely on a green tarp. I'm assuming that on the 9th he drove from somewhere to pick up CN and then back out to the hangar to get the trailer, then all the way to Kleinburg to drop it off and then all the way back to the farm, drop the toolbox off at 4 am early Friday morning, must have dropped CN back home and then back to the hangar to meet with the accountant on Friday morning. We know he was at the hangar all day on Friday, and was still wide awake when he fired AJ, finishing off his night by being interrogated by HPS.

I haven't been able to find the reference that his phone was in Oakville in the am, but IMHO, DM had no problem driving anywhere at anytime and kept a very erratic schedule- seems like he could be anywhere at anytime. MOO

Do you have a link for this? Is this the official process? Isn't showing one picture on a cell phone prejudicing the witness?

LE do show photos of people of interest to others. I've heard of a young girl who was taken to the police station for walking from a bar to a taxi cab. She was put in a cell for a few hours to sober up ! During the time she was there she was shown pictures of several people and asked if she knew who they were. She was being asked to put names to faces and she was let go as she wasn't guilty of anything other than being a young girl out having a drink with friends !

Most modern vehicles the doors lock automatically, and I know for certain the Dodge ram's do

In my Dodge Ram, the front seat doors locked automatically when driving but also instantly unlocked as soon as you used the handle to open the door from the inside. Tim would have known that, seeing as how it was his truck.

Maybe the truck was for him to drive to the "races"?

MOO

Also kind of tells me that he had no qualms about telling those within his 'circle' about his activities, actually self-assured enough to the point that he knew certain people would not rat him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01