Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Millards attorney cross examine MM? Seeing as her testimony can only be considered by the jury as it pertains to Smich, what would be the point?

Judges instructions aside, the jury cannot unhear the massive bomb MM dropped on Thursday about DM shooting Mr Bosma. That is an elephant in the room Millard's legal team cannot ignore and I expect they are going to attempt to attack MM's character and suggest a past and present allegiance to MS

I think MM found out about the arrest on Friday, but thought it was only in relation to some theft. That's when Smich makes the calls. The next day she sees the news report detailing the full extent of the charges against him and freaks out. I think she is combining two days events in to one, probably due to the fact that it's been 3 years and her memory has faded. I always maintain that traumatic events are remembered clearly, so I have no doubt that things happened as she said, just the next day.

Do we know if she made the same claim in her statement on the 22nd? We have seen important points being refreshed by a witness by reviewing their statements to LE. Either this date is important, and her statement from 3 years ago reflects it, or the crown doesn't see the learning of, or the how of hearing the arrest on the evening of the 10th as an issue with her credibility.

MM and JV both claimed the 10th for learning about the arrest. We know from texts that at around 9:20 on the 10th, MS was promoted from minion to mission cleanup organizer. DM's defense has previously made an issue of this behavour when AM was on the stand. They claimed he was in charge. They claimed he was unpredictable. They claimed he was angry ....... and scared AM.

Is it important that the changing of the guard was triggered by MM's claim that she saw it on the news and confronted MS about why his friend was arrested related to the Bosma disappearance? If she has this totally wrong, what else does she have wrong?

IMO, at this point, and with very little crown witnesses left, MM's credibility is key to MS's charge of premeditated. Hope she holds up for the cross.

MOO

MM and JV both claimed the 10th for learning about the arrest. We know from texts that at around 9:20 on the 10th, MS was promoted from minion to mission cleanup organizer. DM's defense has previously made an issue of this behavour when AM was on the stand. They claimed he was in charge. They claimed he was unpredictable. They claimed he was angry ....... and scared AM.

I think the fact that two people have now said that they heard about the arrest on the 10th, and the fact that phone records back up MMs version of the events, seems to indicate that somebody alerted all these people before the story hit the news. So the question is who told Smich? Was there an incoming call or text to MMs phone that we haven't been told about? Because if there was no news report on the 10th and no incoming call or text that precipitated the outgoing calls from Smich, a big chunk of the crowns case against Smich starts to fall apart.

I think the fact that two people have now said that they heard about the arrest on the 10th, and the fact that phone records back up MMs version of the events, seems to indicate that somebody alerted all these people before the story hit the news. So the question is who told Smich? Was there an incoming call or text to MMs phone that we haven't been told about? Because if there was no news report on the 10th and no incoming call or text that precipitated the outgoing calls from Smich, a big chunk of the crowns case against Smich starts to fall apart.

I agree. IMO, it is important for DM's defense to show that MS took the reigns, and acted under his own choice. And it is important to MS's defense that DM is shown as the ringleader, and provided MS mission cleanup instructions. Key factors in determining MS's involvement on the evening of the 6th as it relates to premeditated. Was he a willing partner, or an obedient minion?
MOO

I think many people were expecting DM to get arrested. Shane knew LE was at the hangar and he helped move the red truck, etc.

Good morning :)

Were scheduled to start at 9:30 this morning for legal arguments, with the jury in at 10. The crowd hasn't yet been let inside the courtroom though.
by Adam Carter 9:21 AM

I really don't see that. How MS became paranoid enough to cover his tracks really isn't that relevant to the case to the degree that it eclipses all other evidence to date.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 2h2 hours ago
Marlena Meneses up 4 cross examination at #timbosma trial. As trial watchers know, cross a very different experience from direct examination

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 2h2 hours ago
Marlena Meneses up 4 cross examination at #timbosma trial. As trial watchers know, cross a very different experience from direct examination

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1h1 hour ago Hamilton, Ontario
Back at the #timbosma trial today. Follow along for updates: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-meneses-cross-examination-1.3551312 … #bosma #HamOnt #sc

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1h1 hour ago
Mark Smich said "del murdered #timbosma". Will Marlena Meneses story hold up under cross examination? @ChmlBillKelly @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39m39 minutes ago
Back in court as #Bosma trial resumes. Marlena Meneses will be back on the stand for cross-examination.

Carly Conway ‏@carlyconwayCHCH 23m23 minutes ago
GF of Mark Smich back on stand today in #Bosma trial. @HefCHCHNews in court. Recap of Thursday's testimony: http://www.chch.com/bosma-day-40/ #HamOnt

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
#Bosma court starting early without jury. #Smich gf Marlena Meneses back on the stand later. Story @CHCHNews 6pm. Tweets upon jury arrival

We still haven't started this morning though we were scheduled to at 9:30, so it's a safe bet that testimony in front of the jury will start a little late. As was the case last week, both the main courtroom and the overflow courtroom are totally full.
by Adam Carter 9:43 AM

We're now underway. No jury in yet.
by Adam Carter 9:45 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
Starting off #timbosma w rulings on evidence. Jury shld be in on time.@AM900CHML

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
We're now underway. No jury in yet. #TimBosma #Bosma Follow along live today:

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Some legal arguments this am before we get started. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Waiting for jury at the #TimBosma murder trial. There are legal arguments to get through before Marlena Meneses' cross examination can begin

Jury now being called in. Underway in moments.
by Adam Carter 10:14 AM

Closing up now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads