Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that! There's actually a big push in the Toronto area to put an end to the practice of carding. IMO criminals are the only ones that are speaking out.

Carding is very controversial. Is it being done fairly, and is it being used fairly? I agree that there are some benefits, but does the practice impact innocent folks negatively?

MOO

Carding is very controversial. Is it being done fairly, and is it being used fairly? I agree that there are some benefits, but does the practice impact innocent folks negatively?

MOO

Not sure how an innocent person would be affected by it? The fact that Millard was carded tells me the system is working.

That brings up the question, did crown request CN to be treated as a hostile witness, or did the crown request Section 9 for particular questions? Not being in the court room makes it difficult to understand the request. If I am not mistaken, the crown requested it twice on Thursday?

Anyone know what was the purpose of the request, and how it impacts the overall questioning of CN?

MOO

Not sure how an innocent person would be affected by it? The fact that Millard was carded tells me the system is working.

I am not near a location that uses it, but from what I read about the practice in the GTA, it is being done to some folks without a reason. If so, that would be a negative impact if these folks are being carded for their appearance. MOO

I am not near a location that uses it, but from what I read about the practice in the GTA, it is being done to some folks without a reason. If so, that would be a negative impact if these folks are being carded for their appearance. MOO

I get that, but if you are a law abiding citizen, then whats the big deal. The people that are being targeted are the types that police feel fit the profile of those involved in gangs. Of course they have a problem with it. Cops aren't stupid, and it does them no good to waste time carding people like you and I. Targeting people that don't seem to have a job or be in school, yet seem to have all the trappings of a successful person just seems to make sense doesn't it?

I think the fact CN admitted they suspected the truck was in the trailer, and that they were wiping prints off of it, is enough to deem it "knowing" that they had evidence that LE would have wanted. If they did not consider it evidence, why wipe prints?

That said, I still don't know the law around being aware of evidence and not coming forward. Anyone?
Maybe obstruction of justice.
Indeed. Why would MB care if her prints were on the trailer that suddenly appeared in her own driveway. She has cute little texts to her son asking why it was there. This was CN's idea, to remove hers and DM's without even telling MB that was the intent. However, I do get the impression that MB cares more about the 'famous' (now infamous) name of Millard and MillardAir, and the financial benefits, than anything else.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I get that, but if you are a law abiding citizen, then whats the big deal. The people that are being targeted are the types that police feel fit the profile of those involved in gangs. Of course they have a problem with it. Cops aren't stupid, and it does them no good to waste time carding people like you and I. Targeting people that don't seem to have a job or be in school, yet seem to have all the trappings of a successful person just seems to make sense doesn't it?

The majority of subjects carded by police are people of colour, IMO, and the controversy over the practice is due to racial profiling, IMO. Police stopping people arbitrarily and asking for information when not under actual suspicion of a crime is not right, IMO. Carding can target people unfairly simply for the way people look, dress or the colour of their skin, IMO. Some people fall under suspicion for simply being in good neighbourhoods when they don't "fit" the demographic, or some are considered suspicious simply because they happen to live in a poor neighbourhood, IMO.

http://www.thespec.com/opinion-story/6520076-dreschel-racial-profiling-alive-and-well-in-hamilton/

All MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3h3 hours ago
Back to the Tim #Bosma murder trial today with jailhouse letters from accused Dellen Millard to girlfriend Christina Noudga being examined.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 2h2 hours ago
Christina Noudga back on the stand today for more direct examination by the Crown at the #TimBosma trial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2h2 hours ago
molly hayes Retweeted Hamilton Spectator
Christina Noudga is back on the stand today at the #Bosma trial. Here's what we learned from her testimony last wk:

Hamilton Spectator ‏@TheSpec
#BOSMA: Millard tries to recruit his 'princess' to be 'secret agent' #HamOnt http://bit.ly/1SydcbC

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1h1 hour ago
The letters. The plans to change stories. Delen Millard; The architect of his own trial. @AM900CHML @ChmlBillKelly

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1h1 hour ago Hamilton, Ontario
I'm back at the #timbosma trial today. Follow along live: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...timony-monday-from-christina-noudga-1.3561968 … #bosma #hamont #sc

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 20s20 seconds ago
As we return to #Bosma trial to hear more of Dellen Millard's jailhouse letters, here are all of his letters so far: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...y-treated-me-as-though-i-were-hannibal-lecter

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 29s29 seconds ago
#Bosma trial starting soon. Christina Noudga back on stand with crown evidence. @CHCHNews 6pm for story; tweets all day.

Back at the courthouse for the Tim Bosma trial today. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:11 AM

We'll be underway shortly. For a recap, here's my last story:
Dellen Millard's plotting revealed in jailhouse letters at Bosma trial
Dellen Millard wrote dozens of letters from jail to his girlfriend, Christina Noudga, asking her to be his "covert operative" in fighting the case against him.
by Adam Carter 9:54 AM

Noudga's examination in chief will continue this morning. It's expected the Crown will continue to go through letters that Millard sent to her from jail.
by Adam Carter 9:57 AM

We're now underway, and the jury is being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:00 AM

Good morning.:smile: Trial thread is open for posting. Please keep posts limited to today's proceedings.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306761-Bosma-Murder-Trial-05-02-16-Day-43

Many thanks to those posting tweets.
3_uIYos-N8z77C5ZS8WRm5-QnvSRXjGawFDFsjL1hetZdTbv9_fXsFdOIeYpsbHeTJIomg=s129

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members