Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Randomly, but I just cracked myself up remembering DM's text to MB in earlier weeks: "We must escape the hegemony of the banks!")

I like the part where CN (who btw wasn't following the case at all) see's the letter from D on a Facebook forum. DM then goes into damage control about how D is going to bring her friends to Court for support and that's why he should maintain contact with her. According to DM the Jury can be swayed by the number of supporters the accused has. :cheer:I sure hope that getting to trial didn't drag on to long and D and her supporters couldn't wait any longer. The sooner D and her supporters do their magic, AM changes "steal" to "buy" and "treacherous Mark" goes away for life, the sooner CN and him can set sail around the world on their baby making expedition. Chances are poor DM would return home from that trip single- crying to MB that CN fell overboard. Oh such tragedy. MOO

Good point...at some point she likely would be Natalie Wood'ed

I wonder if MB helped coach DM in what to write in his letters since she was the go-between. e.g. love, babies, etc

Rabbit, in the Pooh books is the "fixer" of things.. Whether the plan pans out or not.. I have no doubt MB had a hand in all this.. No doubt at all now..

(Randomly, but I just cracked myself up remembering DM's text to MB in earlier weeks: "We must escape the hegemony of the banks!")

Enjoy:

"When I was first brought in they treated me as though I were Hannibal Lecter," Millard writes on July 25, 2013. "Paraded down the halls in chains and surrounded on all sides by a team of guards. I supose (sic) the attention should have been flattering. For the first two weeks I was kept naked in a bare video recorded cell, and given only bread and jam to eat."

Millard claims a psychiatrist did this as "part of his pet project to figure me out." But "he applied such great pressure in his quest to crack my spirit — what he accomplished was hardening me, like loose carbon turned to diamond."

At one point, in his segregation cell, he wept. "I wiped away the first tears with a forearm and the words tattooed there immediately jumped out … 'I am heaven sent, don't you dare forget.'"
"I adore the effect your spirit has on me. It's like sunshine to a meadow." Or "the pain of missing you grows so intense I expect lightning to materialize (sic), arking from my chest, bouncing off the walls, and out of the cell window, to go in search of you."

"Compared to most of the nut jobs in here I'm … well I'm me! Haha. Well behaved, genetically good humoured, kinda quiet, and no trouble at all."

He boasts he is learning Ukrainian and Arabic, studying his disclosure, playing chess, doing pushups and even turning his case into a mock-Shakespearean drama: "This one was sent, from heaven to hell, to tell the story of Dell … I am innocent, and you'll know. Bring'th my day in court, Ring'th with truth will what I say in retort. Free'd I shall be."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...al-millard-s-ego-is-healthy-even-behind-bars/

Yeahs, reputation for giving oral sex while her boyfriend drives. My bet is she said it for attention, for the male jurors. All she needs is one....

My guess on this is that it was an FU to LW, Dee, and any other woman that thought they ever had tabs on her man. Even if mention of the travelling incident was to deny any conversation, the other two references were completely gratuitous IMO.

All I can find in a hurry is about Edmonton's remand, but I'm fairly certain it's standard in all Canadian remands:

"Inmates who have been in custody for 60 days or longer and who have demonstrated “positive institutional behavior” may apply for in-person visits with immediate family for “compassionate reasons,” - http://globalnews.ca/news/1814701/david-milgaard-disgusted-by-visitation-system-at-edmonton-remand/

Except I was just guessing at 6 months, turns out it's 2 months, according to the article quoted above...

Not to beat a dead horse but these are provincial institutions and the rules are not the same across the provinces. There is nothing to support that MB did not have visits behind glass here in Ontario.
A lawyer (one that was never retained for this trial) would be my best guess for being the mail carrier for these letters. ;)

DM believing that he'd be a better dad in prison than most men on the outside? This guy is still obviously toking in jail. Cracks me up to think that DM actually believed that a young, good looking, well educated woman like CN would actually be interested in procreating with a guy locked up for life and sharing romantic evenings in the prison trailer. This guy is so insane. MOO

AFAIK, guards are on the lookout for anything coming and going out of prison. Letters are allowed, but they go thru a screening process because not only can those letters contain information in concern to criminal activities, they could also be containing drugs nestled in the folds of the letters. I understand that inmate mail is source documented and incoming/outgoing mail is opened & briefly scanned by prison guards. IMO, I tend to go along with other posters on this. Due to the shear volume of letters that went between the accused and someone on his "no-contact" list, it doesn't sit right that these were just being given to his mother during her visits. LW says she visited him about 5 times- perhaps some came out in accounting materials headed to or from MB. The second avenue would be someone who the guards didn't have the right to check because of client privilege. If the letter was addressed to someone on the no contact list, I doubt any lawyer would carry them out, however, if the letter was addressed to the mother of the accused, the lawyer wouldn't really be breaking any laws. Take that one step further and already have an understanding with mom that all the letters she gets are actually intended for CN and you've got a perfect little scheme happening by DM. In DM's eyes, no one is doing anything wrong. MOO

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I did NOT say MB was giving DM the letters directly. There is no way to do that with glass between them. I suggested MB was holding CN's letters to the glass for DM to read them, then MB took them home with her (CN was asked of she received her letters back from DM, she said No)
DM'S letters to CN would have had to been routed another way. Not like DM could just write a letter and hand it off to just anyone. They'd be screened as well, unless addressed to his lawyer, then they'd be confidential between laywer/client privilege. Which I've been dissed over, everytime I've mentioned this in past discussions.
Maybe the Milhaven penitentiary is differnt then the Hamilton jail, but I doubt it. I know 1 guy that was in Milhaven and 2 that were in a local jail. The one that wrote me from Milhaven said he had to watch what he said as ALL his writings were read before they left his cell. With exception of anything addressed to his lawyer. Maybe he was mistaken?
The one I visited in the local jail was behind glass and anything I wanted to personally give him, was left at the desk, read by prison guard, then given to him. Other posters are saying that visits with DM and MB were not behind glass, that's what I'm questioning as I do not know how Hamilton jail works.

ETA: plus this little snip bit.
After one of his letters leaks on the internet, he agrees to route his mail back and forth via his lawyer.
http://www.24news.ca/the-news/canada...otic-adventure

DM believing that he'd be a better dad in prison than most men on the outside? This guy is still obviously toking in jail. Cracks me up to think that DM actually believed that a young, good looking, well educated woman like CN would actually be interested in procreating with a guy locked up for life and sharing romantic evenings in the prison trailer. This guy is so insane. MOO

I still think CN is under his spell.....she has not cooperated AT ALL with LE or the Crown and part of it may be CYA mode, I think there is more to it. She wanted to be this guy's one and only.....started dating him while he was engaged to someone else.....used her "kinks" to land in his numero uno spot (although he clearly kept others on the side....she was his main gf at the time of the murder). She stopped communicating with him when she was arrested, not when she "realized" there was a no contact order. She saved his letters for sentimental reasons. She is on the stand bragging about their sexual conquests.....she is still being his loyal gf who has her story straight and can't remember anything that can't be proven and knows nothing. She is not telling the whole story. MOO

My guess on this is that it was an FU to LW, Dee, and any other woman that thought they ever had tabs on her man. Even if mention of the travelling incident was to deny any conversation, the other two references were completely gratuitous IMO.

So is it believed that she is still in love with him? Otherwise, why would she care?

I still think CN is under his spell.....she has not cooperated AT ALL with LE or the Crown and part of it may be CYA mode, I think there is more to it. She wanted to be this guy's one and only.....started dating him while he was engaged to someone else.....used her "kinks" to land in his numero uno spot (although he clearly kept others on the side....she was his main gf at the time of the murder). She stopped communicating with him when she was arrested, not when she "realized" there was a no contact order. She saved his letters for sentimental reasons. She is on the stand bragging about their sexual conquests.....she is still being his loyal gf who has her story straight and can't remember anything that can't be proven and knows nothing. She is not telling the whole story. MOO

I don't agree. It has nothing to do with her continued loyalty to him. She is loyal to herself. All of her statements and memory lapses are regarding her own knowledge and involvement in the crime. JMO

Not to beat a dead horse but these are provincial institutions and the rules are not the same across the provinces. There is nothing to support that MB did not have visits behind glass here in Ontario.
A lawyer (one that was never retained for this trial) would be my best guess for being the mail carrier for these letters. ;)

My logic comes to the same conclusion. So speculating further (because this is very interesting to me - these letters have now become major evidence), he would have read them in private meetings with his lawyer, then the lawyer destroyed them?

I don't agree. It has nothing to do with her continued loyalty to him. She is loyal to herself. All of her statements and memory lapses are regarding her own knowledge and involvement in the crime. JMO

Did she know that these letters were going to be brought up? How much insight would her lawyer have had, to prep her for this? Is he the same lawyer defending her on the other charges?

Exactly, she could care less about Millards future. I think its pretty obvious to her where thats going.

The interesting thing at her trial will be fi LE has any evidence that she acted on any of Millards suggestions.

Sure he could deny it, would just mean they'd subpoena his mom to testify against him.

Even if they were able to get her to testify, it would not prove that he wrote the letters. She did not witness him writing the letters.
But forensics could certainly prove that it was his writings both through his handwriting and that he is writing things that only he had knowledge about. To deny the letters were his would not hold any credibility.

Sure he could deny it, would just mean they'd subpoena his mom to testify against him.

Is the only reason MB was not also charged with Accessory After because she didn't apparently didn't do the actual wiping down of the trailer? (Sorry Sleuthers, I have a million questions this morning!)

Did she know that these letters were going to be brought up? How much insight would her lawyer have had, to prep her for this? Is he the same lawyer defending her on the other charges?

Yes she would have known about the letters. Not really any prep necessary for them, the content is obvious and everything incriminating is from Millard. The letters aren't about her, no prep needed.

It is the same lawyer that is defending her. I am sure she would know they would be brought up since they were taken from her room.
I'm not sure how much information her lawyer would have had. I don't believe he would have access to the evidence specific to this case and I don't know how soon in advance of her trial that her defense would receive the evidence against her from the crown.

Is the only reason MB was not also charged with Accessory After because she didn't apparently didn't do the actual wiping down of the trailer? (Sorry Sleuthers, I have a million questions this morning!)

Wiping her own prints isn't helping Millard at all. Now if she said they went back to wipe Dell's prints from the locks....

See what they did there ;)

So is it believed that she is still in love with him? Otherwise, why would she care?

Even if the glow is now gone, she very likely still has anger at the 'other' women who were trying to steal her man. I don't think this young lady is lacking in ego.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members