Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she could have been brainstorming. It did change the direction of questioning. Imo .

As far as I'm concerned far too many of y'all are making the same error in assuming DM and MS aren't just monsters who planned a murder to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they seem rather pleased with themselves still the following day? Wouldn't MS's screw-up be failing to destroy all the copies of the VIN number on the stolen truck? The proverbial excrement didn't really start hitting the fan for them until Crimestoppers was able to positively identify the truck from the VIN provided. IMO they didn't assume nobody was going to look under the tarp when they came into work, they simply assumed that anyone doing so wouldn't implicate them because MS had done his share of the evidence burying properly.

Let's face it, the biggest screw up was DM wearing a short sleeved shirt, and using the same burner phone for both test drives.

MOO

He would subject himself to crown cross examination and to DM's defence team. He would need to be ready for at least 7 days of cross examination. This is based on how long John Rosen questioned KH.

I never say never, but IMO very unlikely.

He has nothing better to do with his time. I could see him doing this.

Really!? There are more things smuggled in and out of prisons than the Mexican border. A lot more realistic that they were either filtered through someone to MB, or directly to MB than many of the conspiracy theories I've heard here.

MOO

Really? With or without the guards permission? I don't think DM ranked in that category.

I think contextually this referred to CN pretending to be having a romance with AM, so she had some plausible excuse to be seen with him (while she was ostensibly trying to get him to change his testimony).

This isn't said in defense of DM or CN. They're both twisted.
BBM- and IMHO, "twisted" doesn't go far enough in describing DM's totally whacked out bunch. IMHO, TD has to be shaking his head. He's the one representing the pot smoking, unemployed, wanna be rapper gangsta guy, but over in the DM camp, they've got some serious "crazy" happening! I have no idea how the reporters are keeping up with their tweets. CN makes MM look like an angel, DM is making MS look like an innocent boy scout and MB should never be left unsupervised. The good part is that this trial is almost over- by this time next month, DM should be a week or two into his first life sentence. I'm sure CN, JS or LW2 can't wait to be entertained in DM's swanky trailer! MOO

Really? With or without the guards permission? I don't think DM ranked in that category.

Yes! Without their permission.

Besides, I don't see "how" as being important to the conviction the crown is seeking at this time. They have the letters, and they have been acknowledged by DM's team in a statement of fact that DM wrote and sent them.

I am definitely not a fan of MB, but her working with LE is pure fantasy.

If the "how" is important, we will hear about it. CN has left a vacant 007 spot if anyone is interested.
MOO

How did the letters get smuggled out by his mother? They have a glass between them don't they? Those letters if they went the regular route would have been screened by guards and given straight to the authorities. So maybe LE was setting a trap for them by allowing them to "sneak" these letters back and forth. Maybe someone......like MB his mommy was working for LE by the time she was visiting sonny boy in prison.
IMHO, the actually handling of these letters by DM's mother- MB is the most important thing here. It indicates to me that MB was willing to do absolutely anything, even if it was against the law, to assist DM to continue with his lies and manipulation. How she did it is really irrelevant- IMHO, those letters and CN's testimony are 100% proof that she DID do it.

I think it's about time that MB starts to take some responsibility here. Is this fair to the Bosma family? How about MS receiving a fair trial? MB was willing to assist her son to get a friend to change his testimony; so he could get off- blame it all on MS? These people don't care about anyone but the person in the mirror and spending WM's moola. Shame on them. CN? Insulting our intelligence saying she didn't know that she wasn't suppose to be communicating with DM. They're doing nothing but making a mockery out of this trial and the sickening part is they don't care who they implicate. Just one big joke to them. I'm glad LE haven't indicated how MB was coming into possession of the letters. She deserves to have centre stage on this one. Besides- maybe it's time that she experience the ramifications of her sons actions, even if it's just a bit of shame. I would imagine by the time CN is finished on the stand, MB's name will be mentioned a few more times. MOO

BBM- and IMHO, "twisted" doesn't go far enough in describing DM's totally whacked out bunch. IMHO, TD has to be shaking his head. He's the one representing the pot smoking, unemployed, wanna be rapper gangsta guy, but over in the DM camp, they've got some serious "crazy" happening! I have no idea how the reporters are keeping up with their tweets. CN makes MM look like an angel, DM is making MS look like an innocent boy scout and MB should never be left unsupervised. The good part is that this trial is almost over- by this time next month, DM should be a week or two into his first life sentence. I'm sure CN, JS or LW2 can't wait to be entertained in DM's swanky trailer! MOO

I wonder if any of them qualify?
In Canada, all inmates, with the exception of those on disciplinary restrictions or at risk for family violence, are permitted "private family visits" of up to 72 hours' duration once every two months. Eligible visitors, who may not themselves be prison inmates, are: spouse, or common-law partner of at least six months; children; parents; foster parents; siblings; grandparents; and "persons with whom, in the opinion of the institutional head, the inmate has a close familial bond". Food is provided by the institution but paid by the inmates and visitors, who are also responsible for cleaning the unit after the visit. During a visit, staff members have regular contact with the inmate and visitors.[7]

IMHO, the actually handling of these letters by DM's mother- MB is the most important thing here. It indicates to me that MB was willing to do absolutely anything, even if it was against the law, to assist DM to continue with his lies and manipulation. How she did it is really irrelevant- IMHO, those letters and CN's testimony are 100% proof that she DID do it.

I think it's about time that MB starts to take some responsibility here. Is this fair to the Bosma family? How about MS receiving a fair trial? MB was willing to assist her son to get a friend to change his testimony; so he could get off- blame it all on MS? These people don't care about anyone but the person in the mirror and spending WM's moola. Shame on them. CN? Insulting our intelligence saying she didn't know that she wasn't suppose to be communicating with DM. They're doing nothing but making a mockery out of this trial and the sickening part is they don't care who they implicate. Just one big joke to them. I'm glad LE haven't indicated how MB was coming into possession of the letters. She deserves to have centre stage on this one. Besides- maybe it's time that she experience the ramifications of her sons actions, even if it's just a bit of shame. I would imagine by the time CN is finished on the stand, MB's name will be mentioned a few more times. MOO

I understand the frustration with this "Hole in the Hanger Gang", but taking on too many fronts dilutes from the immediate task. And that is to put the two directly responsible for Mr. Bosma's death away for a very long long time.

I believe in Karma, and the whole bunch will get what they deserve ........ I hope.

MOO

Let's face it, the biggest screw up was DM wearing a short sleeved shirt, and using the same burner phone for both test drives.

MOO

I have thought that all along...it was the burner phone more so than tattoo...he should have used separate burner phones...without the link in sellers there was really no lead.

I started rereading BD'S testimony after someone posted the National Post report. I hadn't seen that one yet and couldn't understand where most of it came from. Especially that part where it said "MS HAD the Zombie bullets" only that BD was shown a video of them.

When Daly testified on the 5th he said....

Daly says Smich told him a gun was in the toolbox.
by Adam Carter*1:01 PM

Then all this next.

Moodie asks what was in that video. "Some ammunition, some zombie bullet thing, he said they went with the gun he wanted, but he didn't end up with that one, and that Dell had gotten the one he wanted," Daly says.

by*Adam Carter*April 5 at 1:04 PM

I think MM was right and BD wasn't too bright. IMO, I don't think he was listening to the exact wording of the lawyers. Or something is not right. BD originally just said "the gun MS wanted" not.....

Dungey now zeroing in on the part in the statement where Daly says Smich says he got this gun and the "zombie bullets" were for that one, and Millard got the one he wanted. Dungey says Daly can't say that wording is correct with certainty because he was "hazy" at the time. Daly says that's correct.

by*Adam Carter*April 6 at 2:09 PM

Again, he testified that MS told him there was a gun in the toolbox. But now says that he was "guessing" that there was a gun.

"He told me that's why he had been so worried and that's why he had been at the house," Daly says in his statement, about the toolbox. "I asked him a bunch of times [what was in it], but he wouldn't tell me," he goes on.

by*Adam Carter*April 6 at 12:32 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Police asked Daly what was in the toolbox. Daly answers "a weapon." Then he says it's a "shot in the dark." He's guessing.

Molly also tweeted
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s52 seconds ago
Re: statement to police, Dungey suggests he's trying to be helpful. Daly agrees. When they ask him what's in the toolbox... #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s30 seconds ago
...he says he can guess. "Something to do with the missing person...a weapon," he says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s29 seconds ago
"That or drugs. But I don't think you guys would be here asking me if it was about drugs"

There were a few other things that were off to me in BD'S testimony but the whole gun situation is odd. BD was MS'S best friend and he didn't know/see MS'S gun. MM testified she hadn't known MS to have a gun. Or is it just me or does anyone this the above is weird?
Was BD another one that DM needed to get through to? After all DM would have had BD's statements as well. Maybe this will be in the 2nd half of the letters to CN.

A total of 51 letters.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/bosma-...from-trailer-on-night-of-his-arrest-1.2878785

attachment.php

Attachments

• XnjiuBM.jpg
    XnjiuBM.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 156
I have thought that all along...it was the burner phone more so than tattoo...he should have used separate burner phones...without the link in sellers there was really no lead.

Unless IT listened to the news and thought it was a good idea to contact LE with his similar experience. It was the tattoo that saved LE valuable time to collect important digital evidence before it vanished. DVR's have limits before overwriting old data. And no time to complete any truck morphing. Combined, they were DM's f^%* up.

MOO

Are we going to find out what is recorded on the DVR?

Can't remember how many cameras the DVR had attached, but we did see DM and MS walking in the hanger around 1:30 am May 7th. It has also been said that one of the Millardair cameras caught TB's truck towing the Eliminator to the hanger.

Some of the cameras were oriented to point at the wall or other useless direction for surveillance.

MOO

Speaking of the DVR, did the computer guy Dubien not end up testifying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01