Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
#Bosma jury delayed for judge ruling. Stay tuned for tweets; tune to @CHCHNews for story on Smich cross by Millard lawyer

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
We're taking a quick break now after some legal arguments. The jury will be back and the trial will resume at 10:30 am. #Bosma

Assuming MS told the truth about seeing TB's head on the dash, I can only imagine the impact of being shot caused him to jolt out of a normal sitting position.

Wouldn't the impact jolt the victim in the direction of the bullet? If the bullet came from the side, wouldn't Tim have been jolted to his right, not forward? If the bullet came from the back, the victim would be thrown forward, leaving his head on the dashboard.

ETA: If DM shot TB from the front seat but the casing ended up in the backseat, that would mean the gun would have had to have been raised to a height that would have made it clear of the seat backs. If the gun was raised that high, surely MS would have seen the flash of gunfire in the dark, following behind them.

possibly not wearing a seat belt

I'm not sure if being a dead weight would make a difference in head reaching the dashboard, also, some people have longer legs, shorter torso, others have long torso, shorter legs... the long-torso bodies might be able to do that? But not wearing a seatbelt is an interesting thought... I can't imagine that TB wouldn't have been wearing a seatbelt (habit, law-abiding, driving with an unknown driver, etc), but if he wasn't, that makes me wonder if his red flags had gone up at whichever point along the way it was, and he had unlatched his seatbelt to try to escape the vehicle, and DM dug in for his gun.

Why does it make any difference who told who what about the toolbox? Why is everyone so focused on this? Where is this going?

I think it determines who knew about the gun(s) and possibly the involvement in thefts.
You don't take photos of yourself with guns to impress yourself though, so I think everyone knew.

Wouldn't the impact jolt the victim in the direction of the bullet? If the bullet came from the side, wouldn't Tim have been jolted to his right, not forward? If the bullet came from the back, the victim would be thrown forward, leaving his head on the dashboard.

ETA: If DM shot TB from the front seat but the casing ended up in the backseat, that would mean the gun would have had to have been raised to a height that would have made it clear of the seat backs. If the gun was raised that high, surely MS would have seen the flash of gunfire in the dark, following behind them.

I wonder if the impact could have initially jolted him to the window (which IIRC also had blood in some of the pieces they removed out of what was left of it(?)), but then he wouldn't have necessarily stayed in that position, could the movement of the truck driving have made him kind of bounce off of the side window and then forward?

The jury is now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

Closing up in 5 minutes.

Good questions. I'll assume the direction of the jolt would be first toward the passenger window and then forward, but honestly can't say with any certainty since I don't know the science behind how it would actually work. I also can't say if MS would have seen the flash of a gun being fired. The flash would have been over so fast, if MS happened to be looking at something on the side of the road, even for a second, he would have missed it.

(my thoughts) .... a lifeless body would slump possibility toward and against the pass door .... then going around curves could slump inwards toward the center console and driver , and slip out of the shoulder part of the seatbelt (if he was wearing one) .... and the driver could have shoved him away and toward the dash area.

Same as trying to transport an inebriated person (passed out) .... strap them in but they fall sideways and then forward if you put the brakes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties