Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still see the numbers though. Aren't ghosted plates the ones you put on so photo radar can't make them out? If these are the ones then you can see the plate number visually if he pulled into the driveway.

From the youtube videos, they look like a normal plate with a cover over them (untill you flick the switch). All Plate covers use to be illegal. I see alot of vehicles with plate covers now and those led colored lights above the plates (which use to be illegal also).
I had a smokey plate cover on my Camaro 20+ years ago and got pulled over. Was Made to take it off. I don't know if laws have changed or if LE just don't care anymore but I see them.

From the youtube videos, they look like a normal plate with a cover over them. All Plate covers use to be illegal. I see alot of vehicles with plate covers now and those led colored lights above the plates (which use to be illegal also).
I had a smokey plate cover on my Camaro 20+ years ago and got pulled over. Was Made to take it off. I don't know if laws have changed or if LE just don't care anymore but I see them.

Maybe we can get DM to invent a better plate once he starts his new 25 year career.

MOO

I haven't been able to catch up on the weekend discussion but I'm here today. Would anyone mind giving me the Cliff Notes (or Coles Notes) of what you have all determined/agreed upon over the weekend?

Maybe we can get DM to invent a better plate once he starts his new 25 year career.

MOO

Haaaa .... following in grandfathers footsteps is he

..... actually Wayne and Carl Millard have several inventions and patents .... one to convert the heating system of the Douglas DC3 to properly heat the cabin (used to be freezing cold in the cabin) .... they also invented an instrument to tell a pilot if he was running out of runway (abort takeoff) .... and a flotation device to keep a skidoo from sinking if it broke through the ice

And if anyone has a RAM, try putting your head on the dash without moving your butt forward in the seat. I tried it in my tiny Elantra and couldn't get my head close to the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
possibly not wearing a seat belt

And if anyone has a RAM, try putting your head on the dash without moving your butt forward in the seat. I tried it in my tiny Elantra and couldn't get my head close to the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try it when hubby gets back home with ours and post back up. I'm sure I'm probably a bit shorter then TB but I'll try. I'll try with and without seat belt.

ETA: just a few variables tho, we don't know the position of the passenger seat.

This is like the logic puzzle with the fox, the duck, and bag of corn. The only way DM can claim that he did not leave Pedo alone with MS, that either means he was the driver of the Dodge, and probably in the driver's seat WHEN Tim was shot, and then picked up Pedo from the Yukon ... Or he has to claim he and Pedo went in the Yukon and MS shot Tim alone in the Dodge.

For the latter, we have to believe he gave up control of the Dodge, his $1200 gun, and the victim, all to Mark, and trusted him to handle all of it.

It's late and I know this doesn't make much sense. I'm just saying, we know Pedo was there that night. We know two trucks had to be driven. If DM would only ride with Pedo, that suggests certain necessary scenarios.

I wonder why MWJ wasn't called to testify, he could have told us who bought which gun, and how many. It is possible that if MS didn't have the money for a gun, he could have traded other things for it, like drugs. There is a lot of bartering on the black market from what I hear. In my opinion it is also possible that DM would have loaned MS a gun, or that it could have been stolen in the break in one witness mentioned happening before the truck theft.

We have seen DM give up control of his vehicles quite frequently, but we have heard testimony that MS would never leave Pedo alone with Mark. I was wondering when it was first mention if it had to do with MS's temper or attitude, it made it seem as if MS couldn't be trusted to be alone with a helpless animal or was known to be cruel to animals. Or maybe Pedo just didn't like him and couldn't be trusted not to bite MS.

Not to mention Bosmas Dog! Also, was is stored in their garage at night? I think once DM arrived at TB's home , he knew there was only one way he'd get this truck.

This! They scoped out vehicles and watched where they went, what they did and how long. MS said that some were a no go because the vehicle was moved.
So It's possible that DM watched TB before May 6th. Maybe that's how he determined "the nice guy"? Some people give their address before hand, some people put their addresses right on Kijiji ads.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3h3 hours ago
Who murdered Tim #Bosma? Cross-exam of accused killer Mark Smich by Ravin Pillay, lawyer for co-accused Dellen Millard, starts at 10 a.m.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3h3 hours ago
I have been told it will be Ravin Pillay for the defence and Craig Fraser for the Crown.

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 2h2 hours ago
Mark Smich faces cross-examination today at #Bosma murder trial. Testimony so far: �� [video=youtu;ri4eE5Ga4jg]http://youtu.be/ri4eE5Ga4jg[/video]
��

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1h1 hour ago
Cross Examination Day for #MarkSmich. Going to get aggressive no doubt! #Bosma @CTVNews

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1h1 hour ago
Will Mark Smichs story stand up under cross examination? "Umm's and I don't knows" won't cut it. @ChmlBillKelly @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13m13 minutes ago
molly hayes Retweeted Hamilton Spectator
Back in court this as the #Bosma trial continues. Today Smich will be cross-examined. Here's what he said last week:

Hamilton Spectator ‏@TheSpec
‘I did not kill Mr. #Bosma,’ Smich testifies, Dellen did it he says #HamOnt @mollyhayes http://bit.ly/24ReVR4

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Justice Andrew Goodman is in and legal arguments are happening in the absence of the jury. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Legal rulings start the day at #timbosma @AM900CHML

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Early start at #Bosma trial...
So early, a few of the lawyers aren't here on time.
@CTVNews

I'll try it when hubby gets back home with ours and post back up. I'm sure I'm probably a bit shorter then TB but I'll try. I'll try with and without seat belt.

ETA: just a few variables tho, we don't know the position of the passenger seat.

The passenger seat will likely always be in a position where your knees are about 6 inches from the dash at the very least. After that, the height of the passenger makes no difference because the seat will be farther up for shorter people and farther back for taller people. What I found was that if you sit in the seat and bend forward at the hips, your face will start getting closer to your knees. In the image below of a RAM interior, picture where your knees would be, then try to imagine your head resting on the dashboard. Impossible unless your butt is approaching the front of the seat.

2014-dodge-ram-1500-interior-35-2014-dodge-ram-single-cab-interior-2100-x-1386.jpg

I haven't been able to catch up on the weekend discussion but I'm here today. Would anyone mind giving me the Cliff Notes (or Coles Notes) of what you have all determined/agreed upon over the weekend?

I didn't follow over the weekend myself. My whole schedule has been upended since Feb. 1st during the week so I purposely take the weekends off :)

My seat is in the approximate postion of TB'S truck pic (the one showing interrior) I went off of the center console in the pic.
Even though I believe Iam shorter then TB, I can rest my head on the dash with and without the seat belt.

The passenger seat will likely always be in a position where your knees are about 6 inches from the dash at the very least. After that, the height of the passenger makes no difference because the seat will be farther up for shorter people and farther back for taller people. What I found was that if you sit in the seat and bend forward at the hips, your face will start getting closer to your knees. In the image below of a RAM interior, picture where your knees would be, then try to imagine your head resting on the dashboard. Impossible unless your butt is approaching the front of the seat.

View attachment 94583

Assuming MS told the truth about seeing TB's head on the dash, I can only imagine the impact of being shot caused him to jolt out of a normal sitting position.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
We're back in court for the cross examination of Mark Smich. What to expect: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-mark-smich-dellen-millard-trial-1.3583845 … @AdamCarterCBC @CBCHamilton #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Yes Smich can call Madeleine Burns.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
molly hayes Retweeted Hamilton Spectator
Here's the 2nd part of Mark Smich's testimony from last week, before cross-examination gets underway this am. #Bosma

Hamilton Spectator ‏@TheSpec
Bosma trial: Smich says he buried the gun, but can’t remember where http://bit.ly/27jbCRk

Assuming MS told the truth about seeing TB's head on the dash, I can only imagine the impact of being shot caused him to jolt out of a normal sitting position.

But gravity would likely bring him back IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member