Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Crown starts their cross of MS tomorrow. Do we think it's going to be more direct and to the point than NS's and finish in a couple of days or will it take all week?

One article I read recently said there was about 3 weeks left which doesn't make sense to me unless TD plans to call other witnesses. MS for another 4 days, closing arguments for another week-ish?

-MS cross by the Crown (2 days??)

-possibly a re-examine of MS by TD??

-more defence witnesses called by TD?? - and if so, then that/those witness's cross examination by RP and Crown?? And potentially also a re-examine??

-closing arguments from each of 3 sides (do y'all think this could be one day each (or even more??))?

-Judge's detailed instructions to the jury (these are expected to be intense and to take at least a couple of days, and at which point the courtroom doors will be locked except for breaks, (I think I read that somewhere from SC))

-I wonder if the jury's deliberating time is included in that time estimate??

-presentation of the jury's verdict

Why wouldn't it be the letters?

From AC's Live Blog:

3:41 PM
Wilson says he seized the DVR and passed it over to a detective in the identification unit.
One other item was also seized, Leitch asks Wilson to please not tell him what it was.
3:42 PM
No cross examination. Wilson is excused.

From AC's Tweets:

The letters were found in the top drawer of her bedside table. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 27, 2016

But most of the time lighting is also installed. Canada does have limited natural light for many months of the year. It makes operating that equipment easier and safer. I live in rural Ontario and have not seen a barn that has power without some form of Hydro lighting.

MOO

The hydro meter may or may not have been intact, but in any case, to have power at the farm would have required DM to be paying for a hydro account. Considering what we know of his frugality, what are the chances he would have been paying? Also, he had made arrangements to ensure the generator thing was on hand, so I believe there would have been power available at the farm, whether or not there was actually a hydro connection? moo

The hydro meter may or may not have been intact, but in any case, to have power at the farm would have required DM to be paying for a hydro account. Considering what we know of his frugality, what are the chances he would have been paying? Also, he had made arrangements to ensure the generator thing was on hand, so I believe there would have been power available at the farm, whether or not there was actually a hydro connection? moo

The generator produces electricity. Thats why he needed it.

Sorry, still not following you. Nobody said both items were found in the closet if thats what you are getting at?
The impression i got from those tweets on that day, was that there was something else deep in that closet. Maybe we will hear about it today.

The impression i got from those tweets on that day, was that there was something else deep in that closet. Maybe we will hear about it today.

Would she keep something for smich?

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 13 Min.
Day 6 cross exam. Now it's the Crowns turn. @AM900CHML @ChmlBillKelly

I believe there was a men's sneaker circled in the exhibit photo of the closet. moo. Perhaps it is related to CN's AATF trial. Again, moo.

The generator produces electricity. Thats why he needed it.

Yes, exactly. But I think people are questioning whether there was power at the farm that night. I'm saying that regardless of whether there was an actual hydro account, there was still a generator on hand.

I believe there was a men's sneaker circled in the exhibit photo of the closet. moo. Perhaps it is related to CN's AATF trial. Again, moo.

Do you have a link for that please? I have looked back at the photo exhibits and only see a number next to the dvr with two black sneakers next to it.

Sorry, still not following you. Nobody said both items were found in the closet if thats what you are getting at?

Yes, you seem to be correct. There was nothing said to suggest that the other item found that day was found in CN's closet. I guess that was an assumption that some of us made. So this issue seems to be answered!

3:33 PM
The next witness is Det. Const. Mark Wilson from Hamilton police.
3:33 PM
He assisted with a search in connection with the Bosma case.
3:34 PM
Crown Tony Leitch is asking about April 10, 2014, when a search warrant execution happened in Etobicoke.
3:35 PM
He was looking for a DVR recorder on Rufford Road.
3:37 PM
The officers got there not long after 12:30 p.m. They searched a detached garage and the basement, and then one of the upstairs bedrooms.
3:37 PM
That bedroom belonged to Christina Noudga -- Millard's girlfriend.
3:38 PM
He found the DVR in the closet, under a pile of clothes.
3:39 PM
Court now seeing photos of the DVR buried underneath clothes in a closet.
3:40 PM
For people who don't know, a DVR is a digital video recorder.
Wilson says he seized the DVR and passed it over to a detective in the identification unit.
One other item was also seized, Leitch asks Wilson to please not tell him what it was.
No cross examination. Wilson is excused.

Just catching up from the weekend. I see some thought provoking points were made:

Since DM wanted the truck and the whole part about driving around with a dead person in the vehicle makes me believe that either a, they took the gun for threatening purposes (like, give me the truck, or I'll kill you), or b they were always going to kill Tim, but perhaps not in the truck. Maybe they were going to kidnap him WITH the truck and murder him at the farm. Makes more sense than shooting someone in the vehicle you want/are currently driving.

If killing him with a gun was the plan the whole time, it would make far more sense not to do it in a way that essentially ruins the thing you were killing for. Taking him to another location to kill him would be a more likely plan, but if that was the case, then why park where they would have to come so far back for the Yukon?

I cannot get past that they left the Yukon where they would have to go back for it after committing the intended crime. Please anybody....help me get around this.

That is a good point. Why park the Yukon around the corner unless they were planning on coming back to drop Tim off? If taking the truck and ditching Tim on the side of the road or if killing Tim were part of the plan, why park where they would have to go back almost all the way to his house in his truck to retire their own? Why not just leave MS in the Yukon to follow from the beginning? Why risk having him be recognized or seen to be shady? This doesn't make sense to me either.

From AC's Live Blog:

From AC's Tweets:

I agree with this. If the "other item" that was also seized were the letters, it would have never been said that way. It would have been reported that other item(s) were seized. It wasn't just one letter, or one item, there were numerous letters.

Something that sent chills up my spine happened today. Making a short story long, after meeting up with a guy selling golf clubs across the city (kijiji, use it quite a bit buying/selling, with zero negative experiences) I decide to take the scenic route back home, and come to a red light stop. To the right of me, waiting for the green light is a black Ram 2500 towing a open sided flat bed trailer, loaded with with a muddy Jeep YJ. Following this case intently from the beginning, and local to the area, this kinda felt like a punch in the stomach.

It's the wheeling season. Last weekend is when the trails officially opened to us offroad enthusiasts. They would be coming from up North and you will see alot of this from now till the end of October. Most of my friends who tow their rigs have Rams.

ETA: if it makes you feel any better about your sighting, DM had a TJ not a YJ.

Do you have a link for that please? I have looked back at the photo exhibits and only see a number next to the dvr with two black sneakers next to it.

I don't have anything readily available, no. The comment was moo. This is bugging me now, though - so I'm going to go digging.

As an aside - Does media have access to the exhibit files before they are made available to the general public? I feel like we've seen some photos in media in (almost) real-time, before the exhibit in its entirety is filed online at the end of the day. I wonder if the photo was edited (ie circle removed) before the exhibit was made generally available, or if one of the photos in the series was removed - i.e. to remove attention drawn to an item unrelated to the current trial. I do recall that at least one of the powerpoints had pages and images removed before it was formally released to the public. (This was evident due to the lack of continuity in image numbering, page numbering and notes referenced. That one I would be able to find a link for, but I'd have to look.)

Yes, exactly. But I think people are questioning whether there was power at the farm that night. I'm saying that regardless of whether there was an actual hydro account, there was still a generator on hand.

Didn't someone testify that there was NO hydro at the farm? Or was I dreaming that?

I don't have anything readily available, no. The comment was moo. This is bugging me now, though - so I'm going to go digging.

As an aside - Does media have access to the exhibit files before they are made available to the general public? I feel like we've seen some photos in media in (almost) real-time, before the exhibit in its entirety is filed online at the end of the day. I wonder if the photo was edited (ie circle removed) before the exhibit was made generally available, or if one of the photos in the series was removed - i.e. to remove attention drawn to an item unrelated to the current trial. I do recall that at least one of the powerpoints had pages and images removed before it was formally released to the public. (This was evident due to the lack of continuity in image numbering, page numbering and notes referenced. That one I would be able to find a link for, but I'd have to look.)

This is the only image I could find, but the shoe is not circled. I don't recall seeing one where the shoe is circled. ChristinaNoudgaBedroom01.jpg

The fact that DM and CN exchanged letters was in the opening address by the Crown and would therefore be evidence in the case. The fact that Leich told the court not to identify the "item" means it was not any of the letters. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214