Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that a rear seat passenger would have plenty of room to get up close to the front seat passenger, tells me that the gun could quite easily have been pointed side on. The phone could be easily seized from the front passenger by the back seat passenger also, especially if front seat passenger was about to answer a call near his ear.

I am also not sure a gun was used. The shell casing could have been there for weeks, months or years.
Box cutter found is also a possible murder weapon IMO

*IF* he was shot? So, perhaps TB simply had a severe nosebleed that left quantities of blood throughout the front and rear seats, shattered passenger window, dashboard, runningboards, muffler, inside panels of the trailer, and tarps in the bed of his truck, etc etc?

It's a theory, I give you that.
Gunshot could've been a secondary finish. There's also a box cutter. MS with box cutter from behind. Struggle ensues. DM had gun. Window shot out. Lots of possible scenarios.

Always wondered about that nurse in Orangeville?

Or possibly Audrey Gleaves, who lived in Ancaster, Ont ? She had a very nice white Camero, and was murdered in her garage at a remote country location. One witness saw someone walking down her driveway near the time of her death -- a fairly slim man wearing a backpack, and a hoodie. He was never identified.

Some visuals of the phone activity can be found on ABro's blog.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...-millard-and-mark-smich-numbers-may-2013.html

ETA: It's very interesting that CN's phone isn't shown to be communicating with DM's in the days leading up to Tim's murder, but there are a many texts highlighted between DM and his ex-fiancee. I realize not all activity is being displayed but clearly the ones they have chosen to show have some significance to the case (granted it may just be to show the location of the phones). :thinking:

Gunshot residue, over the driver's side ceiling. Blood. Blown out window. DM buying accessories for .380.

No clue what you're on about with the phone call, sorry.

Does GSR have a shelf life? That would certainly put an end to the debate about how long the casing could have been there.

The fact that a rear seat passenger would have plenty of room to get up close to the front seat passenger, tells me that the gun could quite easily have been pointed side on. The phone could be easily seized from the front passenger by the back seat passenger also, especially if front seat passenger was about to answer a call near his ear.

I am also not sure a gun was used. The shell casing could have been there for weeks, months or years.
IMO, at this point it could have been a lot of things. Perhaps both DM and MS had a gun and that they both took a turn firing a shot or two? The casing they found was not visible on the initial visual inspection-it's believed it may have dropped from a spot where it was lodged. The point is,if we're going to start speculating about who shot without a complete GSR report and the rest of the forensic evidence from the cab, IMO, why don't we speculate that there were 4 or 5 shell casings in the cab and 1 got left behind when someone stripped the interior?

I know we've heard evidence of the tool box that had GSR, but IMO, we have to be cautious of tunnel vision on the one bullet theory until we hear the story the truck has to tell us. Not every bullet had to shatter a window. Until the evidence is presented, it's nothing more than speculation based on our own perception of the crime-but the good news is we're going to find out sooner than later. MOO

I'm still stuck on trying to figure out who exactly this mythical individual would be, that he or she could teleport in, to make "may have been two in the back". I'm sure the cops would have figured that one out by now, between all of Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee's post-crime stumbles, if this were more than an armchair hypothetical-possible.

Prelim evidence seems to indicate that TM was over-powered/shot very close to home. Any additional person entering that cab would be after TM was murdered. The free space available, the right rear seat/floor area would have been just a bit of a bloody mess for someone to get comfy on.

I'm thinking if anything happened, TM after being shot, was physically transferred (tarped?) from front to rear seat, and MS went to drive the Yukon in convoy - possibly at the named field fairly close by the Bosma residence.

I'm fairly certain that TB had a gory ride to enjoy alone, with no mysterious dark passenger on the way to the farm to pick up the incinerator.
Don't forget that this was a truck with a sizeable box. IMO, the body could have easily been put in the box of the truck for the ride back-didn't have to stay in the cab area. MOO

*IF* he was shot? So, perhaps TB simply had a severe nosebleed that left quantities of blood throughout the front and rear seats, shattered passenger window, dashboard, runningboards, muffler, inside panels of the trailer, and tarps in the bed of his truck, etc etc?

It's a theory, I give you that.

Yes it is. A knife could have the same effect. FWIW

Or possibly Audrey Gleaves, who lived in Ancaster, Ont ? She had a very nice white Camero, and was murdered in her garage at a remote country location. One witness saw someone walking down her driveway near the time of her death -- a fairly slim man wearing a backpack, and a hoodie. He was never identified.

bbm
Thank you for mention of AG! Because LE took her nice white fast Camaro for forensic investigation, there may have been something special with this car in connection with the murder. My POI No. 1 is another person, but I'm very open minded since I thought again about MS and his hoodie and his backpack and his being on feet without nearby car and his dog-caring at least at his home and his car interest and his lack of money.

IMO, at this point it could have been a lot of things. Perhaps both DM and MS had a gun and that they both took a turn firing a shot or two? The casing they found was not visible on the initial visual inspection-it's believed it may have dropped from a spot where it was lodged. The point is,if we're going to start speculating about who shot without a complete GSR report and the rest of the forensic evidence from the cab, IMO, why don't we speculate that there were 4 or 5 shell casings in the cab and 1 got left behind when someone stripped the interior?

I know we've heard evidence of the tool box that had GSR, but IMO, we have to be cautious of tunnel vision on the one bullet theory until we hear the story the truck has to tell us. Not every bullet had to shatter a window. Until the evidence is presented, it's nothing more than speculation based on our own perception of the crime-but the good news is we're going to find out sooner than later. MOO

Yes we will get much more eventually.The allegations about what I have posted, and what others post at this point are speculative as no evidence has been confirmed about a gun. We are all here giving opinions based on what we have been told, so all posts are speculative and opinion based. Until there is a statement of facts regarding something it is up for deliberation either by a jury or a poster IMHO. Just because I am speculating the same as others often do, I see no need for me to stop putting my opinion forward also. HTH JMO IMO

Don't forget that this was a truck with a sizeable box. IMO, the body could have easily been put in the box of the truck for the ride back-didn't have to stay in the cab area. MOO

Was there any testimony about a box being bloody or a box at all?

Gunshot could've been a secondary finish. There's also a box cutter. MS with box cutter from behind. Struggle ensues. DM had gun. Window shot out. Lots of possible scenarios.

Except we don't know who had any gun at this point. I agree there are lots of scenarios.

After being active with this WS case right from the beginning, I don't believe that any of us ever thought we'd hear the cell phone information that we heard this week. The intricate mapping of the movement of all of these cell phones gives us such an incredible picture of the physical movements of the key players. Can you imagine what our sleuthing would have looked like if we had this info anytime over the last 3 years.

What did I learn this week that I didn't see coming? The trips by DM & MS between the hangar and the farm on the 7th. After the Crown said the incinerator was used at the hangar I automatically assumed that the cleanup would have been there as well. My thinking was pretty simplistic- they had stolen a truck, killed the occupant and used the incinerator to get rid of the body. Aside for stripping the truck, what did they really have to do on the 7th? It's obvious that they didn't spend hours pressure washing and scrubbing down the truck- all of which would have been possible in the hangar- and it's apparent that they had a lot of work to do at the farm. How long would it take to empty an incinerator? Leaves me with a lot of questions. MOO

Yes we will get much more eventually.The allegations about what I have posted, and what others post at this point are speculative as no evidence has been confirmed about a gun. We are all here giving opinions based on what we have been told, so all posts are speculative and opinion based. Until there is a statement of facts regarding something it is up for deliberation either by a jury or a poster IMHO. Just because I am speculating the same as others often do, I see no need for me to stop putting my opinion forward also. HTH JMO IMO
I somewhat disagree that all posts are speculative and opinion based at this point. Lots of posts over the past 2 weeks have been based on the evidence that's been presented to the Jury. IMO, evidence from cell signal experts and forensic experts and repeated or referenced on this forum are not speculative. MOO

Playing around with anagrams--- Lucas Bate = Cauls Bate = Calls Bait . Interesting, no?

I'm still stuck on trying to figure out who exactly this mythical individual would be, that he or she could teleport in, to make "may have been two in the back". I'm sure the cops would have figured that one out by now, between all of Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee's post-crime stumbles, if this were more than an armchair hypothetical-possible.

Clearly this is the same mythical individual that planted evidence in the back of the trailer, while traveling at 110 km/h after the doors flew open. ;)

The box cutter would have been introduced by prosecution as a murder weapon if this were the scenario. They would also have presented testing for blood residue on and inside the box cutter.

I am curious if they have the gun? According to MM Smich hid the gun in the forest..so you would think if he was not the one to shoot the gun and DM shot the gun..Smich would tell LE where the gun was don't you think? Because DM's prints would be all over it? DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState